Lucifer's Missing Puzzle Piece

By freaking_witchy

AU - Lucifer is chosen by Satan as the ambassador of Gehenna to stop the war between demons and humans. Along... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 Part 1
Chapter 10 Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 Part 1
Chapter 15 Part 2
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 5

36 2 0
By freaking_witchy

After Valentine's Day 3 years ago, Shizuka gained more friends. Her friends acknowledged her because of her efforts in helping to protect people from dangerous demons. She had graduated as one of the best students in her school. When Mephisto knew she was going to apply to True Cross Academy, he told her that he was going to give her a scholarship. Shizuka actually refused his offer because she was planning on a part-time work, but Mephisto, being the headmaster of the academy had heard of her achievements at her previous schools, and he advised her to take it so it wouldn't burden her parents to pay the school fee. True Cross Academy was a prestigious school and the students there were either rich or smart. Shizuka belonged to the second category, and she took the scholarship so her parents wouldn't worry about her education.

She was still friends with Lucifer and meet each other pretty often, but during the past two years the King of Light was getting busier. He was called by rulers from other countries, so he went overseas almost every week. Nevertheless, he was still in touch with her and even gave her souvenirs from every country that he visited. First time he ran his mission to another country, Lucifer went to Russia. When he got home he gave her a Matrioshka doll, which she happily accepted.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now Shizuka was going to her exorcism class. It was the first day of school, and she was excited. She had finished with her regular classes, and things went well. When she was at the gate, she saw a little dog which wore a white scarf with pink polka-dots around its neck and a True Cross Order pin embedded on it. It was sitting near her.

"Oh, how cute. Hello there", Shizuka said as she saw the dog.

Suddenly she was surprised as the little dog turned into a grown man. It was Mephisto.

"Wow! You have a knack for surprising people, aren't you? Hi Mephisto."

"Good day, Shizuka-chan. How are you today? I'm sure you must be excited considering this is your first day at school."

"I am. You do know that I'm going to be an exorcist, right? I have finished with my regular classes and would like to start my study right away."

Mephisto smirked at her answer. She reminded him of his youngest brother, Yukio. He and his younger siblings had told her about Rin and Yukio, but she had never met them directly due to her busy routine. She had no idea that there will be surprises for her when she entered her class at the cram school. He offered to accompany her to her class.

After she used the key he granted her, they were in a big hallway. She was amazed by sight in front of her. The room design was luxurious. She could not believe that there were such an extravagant place like this. She could see the vintage look in this place clearly.

Then they arrived in her class. The room wasn't too crowded. There were students inside the room, but there were no teachers so far. The class has not begun yet. She was glad to be arrived on time. She was a punctual type of girl in her daily activities.

She saw there were three girls and four boys sitting on their respective desks and chairs. As she took her seat, she saw a whitish blue haired boy standing in front of the door. He looked exhausted. He clearly ran along the corridors to get here. He brought a sword on his back.

"Hello, I'm Rin Okumura", the boy greeted.

"Hi there. Come in", Shizuka greeted him back.

"I'm not late, right? I was quite worried because sometimes I can be forgetful with my schedules."

"Don't worry, the class hasn't started yet."

This boy looked roguish. The boys who sat not too far from him didn't quite like him, especially the one with piercings.

"By the way, what is your name?", Rin asked.

"I'm Shizuka Lovegood. Nice to meet you."

Rin smiled at her kind reply. He liked this girl already. He noticed that there was another girl sitting near them and greeted her. Looks like they had known each other since before the school started.

Shizuka was surprised to see Amaimon in his student attire came to class. The other students were tense to see the King of Earth. Surprisingly, for once Amaimon could dress well, considering that he was usually quite peculiar in wearing clothes. He explained that he would be their classmate too.

She saw how familiar Amaimon talked to Rin. They looked pretty close. Now she was wondering about their relation. Could it be that Rin was one of the younger half siblings Amaimon and the Demon Kings had talked about?

But before she had the chance to asked Mephisto who observed them all, a young man with glasses and moles on his face showed up. He wore the attire of an Exorcist. He looked so similar to Rin.

"Good day, every one. I'm Yukio Okumura, and I will be your teacher for today's class. I will teach you on Anti-Demon Pharmacology. I hope that we can have good relations during this subject. Let us begin."

Shizuka was even more confused with the teacher. It would be highly possible that the young man was Rin's younger twin. Okumura sensei must be a genius to be able to taught them all at such a young age. She thought that she could ask about this to him later. Then she decided to concentrate on the lesson.

Apparently the lesson interested her even more. She was familiar with the plants used as medicines by the exorcist because she was also using them in her daily routine in making healing potions as a witch. She decided that this would be one of her favorite subjects.

________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, the class was over. This was her chance.

"Umm... Okumura sensei, may I ask you something?", Shizuka said to the young man.

"Of course, what is it?"

"Actually I do have so many questions. I see that you are still busy, especially with your files. Can I meet you later?"

"Of course. You can wait outside the classroom for me if you want. We can talk there, along with your friends", Yukio said which she answered with her nod.

Shizuka joined her new friends on lunch while she waited for Yukio. She sat next to Amaimon, who offered her some of his snacks.

"So Shizuka-san, can you tell us about your religion? I'm curious", Konekomaru asked her politely.

"I am a Wiccan", she simply told him.

"Wiccan? What kind of religion is that?", Rin confused with her answer.

"Wicca is a neo-paganism religion. It was found in England during the 20th century. The believers in this religion usually worshipping dualism of God and Goddess, but there are other sects that also worshipping Ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greek deities. Those in this religion were called as witches", Izumo explained to Rin simply. Rin nodded at the explanation.

"So that means, you are a witch? I never thought there are still people like you being around in this time", Ryuji said.

"I am a witch. My family and I worshiping Athena, Bast, and Hecate. But I am close personally with Hecate. I never use my powers to hurt people, so you don't need to believe those stereotypes."

"How interesting. This is the first time a Wiccan enter our academy. You must have an interesting method in exorcism", Yukio said as he appeared unexpectedly behind her. "I am sorry for barging into your conversations, but I can't help it. I'm interested in your background, Shizuka-san. By the way, you can call me Yukio outside of class."

"You look pretty, Shizuka-chan. As expected from a witch", Renzou flirted. Shizuka was quite uncomfortable with his words. She had never been in this situation before.

"I remember you have some questions. You can ask anything", Yukio told her.

"Oh yes. By the way, I see that you are very similar with Rin. Are you his twin?"

"He is my younger twin, but he is way smarter than me. Our godfather Shiro favored him", Rin answered.

"Godfather?" Shizuka was perplexed at his explanations. Why did this sounded familiar with her all of a sudden?

Amaimon who was strangely silent during their conversation finally added, "Shizuka, these two were the ones we told you. They are our half siblings. Like us, they are also the sons of our father, Satan."

This fact shocked the teenagers, but Shizuka was the other way around. She was excited to know. So these two were the ones Lucifer had told her!

"You are the sons of Satan? I should have known! Lucifer, Iblis, and your siblings had told me many things about you."

"You know Lucifer, the King of Light?", Shiemi asked her.

"Yeah. He's my best friend. We became friends since he saved me when I was bullied. I was chased around by the other kids who hated me for being a witch. He found me and saved me from them when I was 9", Shizuka told her as she thought fondly of their first meeting. It has been a week since they met each other. She understood that Lucifer was busy with his duties. At least, now she had more friends.

Izumo and the others sympathized her. They understood what an awful experience it must have been. Being bullied since she was a little must be hard for her, but no sadness were shown on her face.

"Lucifer-sama did the same for me. He saved my mom when she was possessed by the Nine-Tails. It happened 5 years ago", Izumo yarn her experience.

"So your family is the one who got involved in the incident in Shimane. Lucifer told me about his mission there. Your family story is one of the things that motivate me to become an exorcist. I want to help protecting people from dangerous demons. That's why I would love to study about many things, including exorcism from other religions."

"Of course. We can help you with that", Yukio told as he smiled at her.

"I hope you don't mind, but if you meet Lucifer-sama could you say hi to him for me? I am still grateful to him", Izumo requested.

"Of course. I will tell him when he got back. He was busy at the moment. Since last week he went to Germany to help the exorcists regarding demons that creating riots there."

Rin unknowingly showed his tail as he heard their conversation. Shizuka noticed this, and she questioned, "I see that you and Yukio are having tails. Is it common for nephilims to have them?"

"I guess so. We have them since we were kids", Rin told her.

"Children who created from the bonding of demons and humans are most likely to inherit the demonic traits of either from their parents. I know, because I am a descendant of one of the demons. I inherited the blood of byakko or what we are used to call as kitsune, although it was a few generations ago in my family so me and my younger sister as the present ones had lost our demonic traits", Izumo explained.

Now Shizuka was fascinated with the twins. She was glad to finally meet them. Both of them were seemed to be great companies.

________________________________________________________________________________

Her studies with her friends was getting more exciting. In the subject of holy scriptures, Shizuka could chant verses from the Bible pretty well. Izumo and the Kyoto trio promised to help her in studying about Buddhism and Shintoism. During the subject of Demonic History, Shizuka had wide knowledge thanks to her studies in the past and the things Lucifer had taught her, to the surprise of her friends and their teacher. She possessed an agility during the lessons of swordsmanship that was taught by Shura Kirigakure, but she was lacking in stamina. Similar thing happened in the subject of weaponry. It was understandable, because even though she was blessed by Hecate she couldn't force her body too much so Amaimon, Yukio, and Rin helped her during those lessons. But the hardest lesson she got was the Demon Circle Summoning. She was unable to summon a demon as her familiar. This reality hit her hard. As a witch, she had a talent to have familiars, but Igor Neuhaus and Saburota Todo who act as their teachers, along with the rest of her friends comforted her. They said that not everyone had the talent to summon demons. No matter what kind of demons they summoned, their familiars would only listening to those who had great will. She thought that perhaps she could try to summon them again in the future and decided to ask for help from Lucifer when he had free time.

Yukio noticed that Shizuka was similar to him. She loved to gain more knowledge. She even liked talking about their lessons outside of classes. To Rin, he thought that Shizuka was a hard worker, and not easily given up. In less than two weeks, all the teachers made her one of their favorite students. Even though there were those who trying to bully her for being teacher's pet, Shizuka's childhood friends, along with Amaimon, the twins, and the rest of the cram school students stood beside her. Shizuka had made a great decision to be friends with them.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lucifer was highly pleased to know this when she told him after he return a week later, especially when she made friends with his younger half siblings. Rin and Yukio had just awaken their powers recently. He had sent them a message to protect her when he wasn't around. Lucifer understood the risks; if he wasn't around, the risk for her being unprotected would be immense. As a pure hearted human, Shizuka would be an easy bait, and he couldn't risk losing her. Actually he could have asked his siblings for help, but they were also busy nurturing their descendants. So far, he had done a great job in covering her whereabouts from the dangerous demons he dealt with. She was safe for now, but how long would it last? He was grateful that the twins were willing to help him. He had consulted with his father, and Satan said that he had done the right thing to protect her. He had already known from the reports of his siblings that Shizuka was important to him, and he understood that the King of Light had bonded closely with the girl. Like Mephisto, he thought that something would happen between the two. It was only a matter of time before they know it.

A/N : Hi! Welcome to the new chapter. As you can see, finally Shizuka meet the cram school students and especially the twins! Personally, I like all of them since I first read the manga, so I have been thinking of how I'm going to picture their interaction with my OC. Here I also picture Yukio to be nephilim like Rin. I hope it turns out to be fine!

By the way, I almost forgot! I should have been explaining this in the previous chapter. As you can see, students in Japan start their studies at school in April and end them on March, so you can say that schools in Japan always start and end in spring time! I hope that could clear things out!

That's all from me for today! Don't forget to vote and comment. See you next week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59 0 24
Chaya can't remember his past. Mavet doesn't know who he is. Haniel just wants to finish his junior year soccer season in peace. Is that too much to...
6.5K 966 22
[COMPLETE] A rambly angel. A debonair demon. A very stuck elevator... NIRAEL has never been the best angel. A little too loud, always in the wrong pl...
7.4K 184 23
After his friends found out about him being the son of Satan, Rin is being bullied even his brother bullies him. He decides to run away when he encou...
296 15 11
~ FOLLOWS SEASON 1 OF OBEY ME! WITH SOME DIFFERENCES ~ Jackson never had a good life. They had a twin sister by the name of Jillian, no parents, and...