.The Child Of A Goddess.

By ChrisWolfblood

(1ST BOOK OF THE GODLY CHILD SERIES) A child grew up in relative peace surrounded by people like her... Or so... More

-Latin - English-
-Prologue-
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-
-61-
-62-
-63-
-64-
-65-
-66-
-67-
-68-
-69-
-70-
-71-
-72-
-73-
-74-
-75-
-76-
-77-
-78-
-79-
-80-
-81-
-82-
-83-
-84-
-85-
-86-
-87-
-88-
-89-
-90-
-91-
-92-
-93-
~94~
-95-
-96-
-97-
-98-
-99-
-100-
-101-
-102-
-103-
-104-
-105-
-106-
-107-
-108-
-109-
-110-
-111-
-112-
-113-
-114-
-115-
-116-
-117-
-118-
-119-
-121-
-122-
-123-
-124-
-125-
-126-
-127-
-128-
-129-
-130-
-131-
-132-
-133-
-134-
-135-
-136-
-137-
-138-
-139-
-140-
-141-
-142-
-GOOOOOOOOD NEEEEEEWS-

-120-

239 19 0
By ChrisWolfblood

Amata's pov:

Welp... I do not like this.

The angel kid rambling, Custos' scolding, Aura's worry, Fortis' anger, Dea's loudness, Deus coldness, dragons' chirping and my own pain.

"Is that why you are here?" I nodded, sitting crisscross with my back to Invisus.

"At least here no one can bother me and I can somewhat escape the pain... And thank."

"For what?"

"Your help."

"You must be imagining things I've never helped you."

"But--" "Never." I sighed and shook my head, unsure if I should believe her as I wasn't sure what of that encounter was real or an illusion created by he queen or the pain I felt. I could have very well imagined her lending me a helping hand just as well as she could be lying to me and could have truly helped me.

"Doesn't matter, the child is freed and I am fine, I don't feel comfortable in remaining too long here after what happened and the letter from the angels."

"At least wait a few days for your body to be back at 100% I can't have you perish."

"Say what you want Invisus but you do care." I yawned and laid my side, my arms crossed under my head and leg bent up against me. 

(like this almost)

"Shut the fuck up."

"Whatever mom." I said jokingly with an eye roll and closed my eyes, not getting an answer from her as I completely fell asleep without seeing the shocked pained expression on her face when I called her that.

Aura's pov:

I was hesitating.

Staring down at the stone ring I was spinning in my hands.

"Don't put things off until the right time comes, you never know if it will."

Those were the words my mother always told me growing up, the grasp the opportunity when it came... But I don't know.

I held the ring in my right hand as I fished out the other one I had on me.

"It was with this ring your father's father proposed to your grandmother and it was with this ring your father proposed to me and now I am passing it down to you Aura."

I stared into the water crystal gem on top and sighed, dare I go through with this? What if it is already to late? What if I stalled to long? Would it even work?

I sighed heavily, what am I? A coward? Come on Aura be a man and do it... Well be a woman would be a bette--NO don't get distracted! Not now--hand on shoulder.

I screeched in surprise and whirled around as I jumped away to see a shocked Deus before she covered her mouth with her hand to try to hide a laugh before full on dying of laughter on the ground while I glared a little in embarrassment and looked at the wall, shuffling on my feet.

"Don't sneak up on me." I huffed, hitting her on the shoulder as she stood up and wiped the tears of her face with a large smile staying there.

"Sorry but this was gold."

"You are mean."

"Awe sorry but you cute when scared."

"Shut up."

"Make me haha... Aura, fuck, come back I was joking." She jogged after me chuckling as I just spun on myself and started walking away from her when she said that.

"Good goddess almighty Deus!"

"Sorry couldn't help it."

"Euhm... Deus?"

"Yeah what?" She smiled at me and I felt my hand get sweaty around the rings I was clutching in my fists as I gulped and opened my mouth but gaped like a fish before clearing my throat.

"I am... Will you... Will you walk with me? Explore the castle a bit as I think we'll stay for short, until Timor and Amata are fine to go."

"Oh sure, lead the way."

I put my hands in my pockets with a silent sigh, come on Aura a bit of heart, what bad thing can happen? She already confessed for fucks sake.

We casually chatted and mocked the decoration choices of certain hallways, it was just so easy to freely talk to her without worrying about what would come of it.

------------------------------------------

"I've always loved the plants as an elf but I have a particular interest in those I've never seen before. Old reliable is always good, the soothing familiarity but it lacks the thrill of the new." I said with a smile, rubbing my finger gently across the blue fluorescent petals of a small flower on a bush filled with them in the queen's garden, the flower closing with a green hue replaying the blue and if it was water, the other flowers closed in a ripple.

"Is that why you joined Amata and the rest?"

I turned my attention away from the plant, she was sitting on the ledge of the fountain constructed in the middle of the guards, a blueish glow cast on them as most plants glowed with that magic in the center of the garden. My breath hitched for a second, she was breath taking...

"I-I... I guess partially, I just want to atone for my mistakes oh so long ago you know? When I failed to protect children their age for which I self exiled myself... I just can't let it happen again, I will die before one of them does."

"Good thing that we are strong enough to beat whoever right? So you don't need to foolishly get yourself killed."

"I do not wish to die don't worry and trust me that is just last choice scenario, I am not one to act on a whim."

"Good to hear before I would go the the afterlife and drag your ass back here if you dared to die."

"Noted." I said giggling at her words with a soft smile. "D-Deus you ar-- I mean it is a beautiful night isn't it?"

"It is."

I looked up at all the white dotes in the sky, all was so peaceful so late at night, as if the world forgot all its problems and went to rest too... And yet turmoil rages on deep inside me, my words failing my emotions and my courage failing both.

"You know Aura, I am glad I could meet you, no matter how this journey will end and what hardships are to come our ways I will never regret ever being part of this with you."

I turned away, face red again.

"I-I can say the same, I'm glad we aren't strangers to each other in the wast world." I said, brushing my hand against a flower.

"Aura careful!" I yelped when the flower puffed out a small ball of fire and fell backwards only to be caught by two familiar arms. "Fire flower... Fitting name wouldn't you say?"

"Y-yes." I stood up facing her and gulped, so close.

"Are you okay Aura?" She asked, not realizing her arms didn't leave my sides but I did.

"E-euhm."

"Aura?"

"Fuck it!" I whispered, if my words won't work than time for actions to speak louder than the words could. I grabbed the side of her face and kissed her.

I never expected this to feel this way and I am sure it was much longer than what I perceived it as when I pulled away.

"Tinally."

"Wha?"

"Finally had some balls huh?"

"Fuck you Deus."

"You already did."

"Deus!!"

She laughed at me as I covered my red face but a small smile slipped by despite the embarrassment caused at her words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 383 74
. : Book One : . Melody is a member of one of the five tribes of animal shapeshifters who live beyond the human domain. These people have the ability...
39.1K 2.9K 46
*BOOK 2 OF THE GODDESS OF WAR SAGA* Completed Two weeks. Token has no more than two weeks to find a cure or her new family will be destroyed all over...
2.9M 127K 71
***Second book of the Gift Chronicles. Can be read as a stand-alone, but I highly recommend reading the first book: "The Alpha and the Vigilante" fir...
130K 6K 51
(2ND BOOK OF BLACKBLOOD SERIES) Ash was from the huge Blackblood pack made up of all sorts of creatures, from humans to vampires to werewolves. Her m...