Lets Play A Game - Sherlock F...

By Katiie_Sykes

[Sequel to I Believe In You] Sherlock has returned from his ten-minute exile after shooting Charles Augustus... More

Lets Play A Game - Sherlock Fanfiction [sequel to IBIY]
Chapter one - Cases.
Chapter two - Sleep.
Chapter three - The Castillos.
Chapter four - The red van.
Chapter five - Joe Summers.
Chapter six - Questions.
Chapter seven - Samuel Abbott.
Chapter eight - New help.
Chapter nine - Wrong man.
Chapter ten - Case solved.
Chapter eleven - Chester.
Chapter twelve - The Wigg.
Chapter thirteen - Amelia Joan Watson.
Chapter fourteen - Friendly strangers.
Chapter fifteen - Babysitting.
Chapter sixteen - CCTV.
Chapter seventeen - Little chats.
Chapter eighteen - The predator.
Chapter nineteen - Dresses.
Chapter twenty - Embarrassment.
Chapter twenty one - Over dramatic.
Chapter twenty two - Oh crap.
Chapter twenty three - I love you.
Chapter twenty four - Cheers.
Chapter twenty five - Agony.
Chapter twenty six - Protection.
Chapter twenty seven - Remember something.
Chapter twenty eight - Ghosts.
Chapter twenty nine - Caught.
Chapter thirty - The name.
Chapter thirty one - Argument's.
Chapter thirty two - Sebastian.
Chapter thirty three - Previous relationships.
Chapter thirty four - Poloroid photo's.
Chapter thirty five - Clocks are ticking.
Chapter thirty six - Buildings.
Chapter thirty seven - Moriarty.
Chapter thirty eight - Distraction.
Chapter thirty nine - Girls night.
Chapter forty - Clever boy.
Chapter forty one - Billy's gal.
Chapter forty three - Shots.
Chapter forty four - Acrimony.
Chapter forty five - Harrison.
Chapter forty six - The talk.
Chapter forty seven - Christmas special.
Chapter forty eight - Surprises.
Chapter forty nine - Ideal plan.
Chapter fifty - New year.
Chapter fifty one - Located.
Chapter fifty two - Questioning.
Chapter fifty three - Celebration.
Chapter fifty four - Brotherly compassion.
Chapter fifty five - This is it.
Chapter fifty six - Arranged meeting.
Chapter fifty seven - Negotiation.
Chapter fifty eight - Control.
Chapter fifty nine - A deal with the devil.
The end - Authors note!

Chapter forty two - Halloween special.

4.8K 219 94
By Katiie_Sykes

I had brought one packet of sweets and one packet of chocolate, (Haribo Starmix and Mars Funsize.) For the rest of that night I gave Sherlock some space, but I amused he just fell asleep after a while or stayed up thinking, and I had to keep an eye on Billy in case he snuck into the kitchen and grabbed one of the small packet of Haribos. I had also texted Mary to see if she wanted to come over the next day to help me carve some pumpkins, and she agreed to it happily, going into full detail about how she was the 'master' at carving pumpkins.

Billy was watching a football match on the TV, and Sherlock and John were sitting in their arm chairs, deep in discussion. I think they were talking about last night, when Sherlock met Moriarty. Or at least, I think he met him. It must have been difficult to find him, unless Moriarty wanted to be found.

Me and Mary were in the kitchen. Amelia was in her baby carrier that was on the table, and she was also dressed in a pumpkin suit. She looked so adorable, and it was hard to believe that in a few months she would be one years old! Damn, she was growing so fast!

Me and Mary was talking to each other in hushed voices in case Sherlock and John over heard. We continued to carve our pumpkins while pretending to have a casual conversation. 

"Isn't it weird though? You were kidnapped and Moriarty finally showed is face, and we're just acting like nothing happened." I frowned, trying to carve a small triangle as the eye on the pumpkin. 

"Sherlock isn't acting as casual. He looks freaked- and John is always paranoid now. He wouldn't even let me buy a loaf of bread by myself."

"Maybe it's because they know Moriarty more than us, we've only known him breifly, we don't know what he's like."

"Maybe." Mary gave a small shrug, glances over my shoulders at the two boys, "I mean, Sherlock full on snogged you the other day, out of the blue. Doesn't that seem off to you?"

"Of course it does." I whisper, looking at Amelia as she starts to make cute baby noises, "I have absolutely no idea what brought that on. Can you imagine if that went further? He wouldn't be doing that because he loved me, it would've been because he wanted to distract himself from Moriarty."

"I don't think he would be that bad though," Mary says, raising her eyebrow and looking at him, "He'll know exactly how to get you into it, and get pleasure out of making you feel pleasure to the point that he probably wouldn't even have to enter."

"Mary!" I hissed at her quietly, nudging her arm. I couldn't help but to let a small chuckle escape my lips.

"What? It's true! I mean, he observes and stuff doesn't he? He'll know how to please you, although, you'll probably have to show him a few things. He'll probably be a bit clueless."

"You're a married woman."

She lets out a laugh, "Don't tell me you haven't been curious to how Sherlock is in bed."

"Shut up!" I blush, laughing and judging Mary again. She laughs and soon enough we change the topic of conversation and finish carving our pumpkins. Once finished, we excitedly put the pumpkins up by the window, making sure the candle wouldn't set fire to the curtain. Amelia's loud cries could then be heard throughout the flat so John excuses himself from his and Sherlock's conversation to see to it. He picks up Amelia, and we hear the doorbell ring almost immediately. Billy shoots up straight away and grabs the bowl of sweets/chocolates.

"Awh, jesus. Don't scare them away." Mary tells Billy, who just rolls his eyes in response.

"I'll go get some of his socks." I says, heading towards the laundry basket.

"You're not actually going to hit the kids with his socks are you?"

"If they're rude, I am."

"Fine, whatever." Mary comments, then rushes down stairs before Billy got to answer the door by himself. She didn't want to miss out on all the fun.

"I can't believe you're letting the aggravating youths of today's generation knock on our door for sweets." Sherlock finally says, looking at me with annoyance. I give him a look.

"Oh, come on, where's your festive spirit?"

"Thrown away in the trash like the odious insides of the pumpkin you just carved."

I decided to ignore his comment, seeing that I know something was making him feel moody and irritated. I exhale quietly and go downstairs, seeing Billy and Mary greeting the kids at the door, along with Mrs Hudson who came out to see them as well. There was about four kids, and they looked about five years old. There were two adults behind them, waiting patiently. I smiled when I saw them taking some of the lolly pops out of the bowl that Billy held, and they each took a small chocolate cupcake with orange icing on from Mrs Hudson that she baked specially for Halloween.

"Thank you!" They all cheered, waving goodbye as they trailed to the next house. Mary, Billy and Mrs Hudson waved goodbye before shutting the door.

"Weren't they sweet." Mrs Hudson smiled in awe. She then looked over at Mary, "I didn't think you would be into this, love."

"What can I say? Motherhood has gotten to me."

I let out a laugh, and begin to follow after Bill as he walks back up the stairs, "You coming?"

Mrs Hudson decided to come up and join our little gathering. Trick or Treaters came for knocking on our doors for at least another two hours before they most of the went back home. A group of elder teenagers knocked on our door at one point and staring mouthing off when Mrs Hudson could only give one of the teens a cake as she only had one left, and I grabbed one of Bill's sock ready to lob it at the ungrateful brats but luckily one of the teens told them to stop, seeing as she didn't want to start any arguments. The young girl apologized then dragged her friends away.

John came to give a couple of Trick or Treaters some sweets as well as Mary was too busy making Amelia laugh. Chester had also managed to stick his head into the bin and started to eat some of the insides of the pumpkin, but I found him just in time and pulled him away.

After a while John and Mary started to get ready to leave. I went into the kitchen and started to wash up some cups and plates that people had used today. I started to hum Ed Sheeran's new song 'Thinking Out Loud' while I filled the washing up bowl with warm water. A tap on my shoulder caused me to halt, and I snapped around, seeing that it was John.

"We're going now." He informed, pointing his thumb over his shoulder. I nodded.

"Alright, have a safe trip home." I told him, simultaneously drying my hands and wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug.

"Will do." He smiles, hugging my back before I pulled away from him. He goes to turn around, but then faces me again, pausing his lips together.

"Uh... Holly?"

"Yeah?" I question, putting my hands back into the water and I pick up a cup, beginning to wash it.

"It's, uh, something Sherlock told me earlier, and I think you should know..."

"What is it?"

"Well..." He pauses and glances back over to Sherlock before stepping closer, his voice turning into a low whisper, "He said he was going to kill Moriarty."

I stop what I was doing immediately, and stare at John with wide eyes, "What?"

"Look after him tonight." John sighs, worried about his best friend, "Talk some sense into him."

"I will, don't worry." I say while looking at Sherlock. He was sitting on the sofa. Chester was lying next to him, and he stroked his head gently while looking at the wall ahead of him near the TV, getting lost in his thoughts. Mary brings him out off it as she says goodbye, and John walks over to them, saying goodbye as well.

"Bye, Hol!" Mary calls, waving at me.

"Cya around!" I call back, giving her a slight wave with my soaked hand that was covered in bubbles. 

After they left Billy decided to take Chester for a walk. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, curious to why he wanted to take Chester out so late, but then It came to me that he probably wanted to see that girl again. Daisy was it? I couldn't really remember. 

When he left I finished washing up a few more dishes before drying my hands and going over to him. I sat next to him on the sofa, but he didn't really seem to notice me. I wait for him to say something, but he doesn't. So impatiently I cough, grabbing his attention. He looks at me then looks back at the wall, not saying a word.

"Hey, let's have a talk." I say, trying to get him to speak to me. 

"About what?" 

"Well, for starters you could explain what that was the other day."

"What was what?"

"When you kissed me like that."

He falls silent, and his eyes soften and he turns all awkward, trying to look anywhere beside my eyes.

"I don't know, will you just- will you stop talking?" He inquires, his voice sounding irritated and annoyed at the end of his words. I sigh.

"Fine then. Is there anything you're not telling me?"

"I don't believe so."

"Not even your plan to kill Moriarty?"

He pauses again, and slowly turns to face me, "...John told you."

"Of course he did! Sherlock! You can't just kill another man, and you can't just kill him, he'll know that you're going too!"

"Why not? He's not a nice man."

"Well, sometimes you're not nice and I'm noting going to kill you."

"You know what I mean!"

"Seriously, Sherlock," I say, staring at him, my eyes stern with a warning, "Don't do this. This could go horribly wrong."

"...He's going to destroy me," he nearly whispers, his eyes pleading and concerned, "Not just like last time, not my reputation. But people I care about, people I can't live with out. When I talked to him yesterday, he wasn't having any of my deals. He made it very clear what he wanted. He's going to kill them, Holland, so I have to stop him. I have to kill him first."

My face falls, and I frown, reaching out and holding his hands between mine, "There's always another way."

He shakes his head with pity, "Not this time... I have to save John and his family, you, even Billy and Mycroft. Heck, even Lestrade. He'd kill everyone."

"We can all fight for ourselves."

"Not against him." He tells me, his one hand reaching up to cup my cheek, "Don't worry, I'll make sure you, John and everyone else is safe. Even Chester, alright?"

"But find another way."

He just stares at me, then leans forward and places his lips onto my forehead. His lips were soft against my skin, and I close my eyes breifly, enjoying his touch.

He then gets up, slowly pulling his hand away from mine and goes into his bedroom, shutting his door behind him. My eyes follow after him, and once he's gone I exhale. Whatever he was going to do, it wasn't good. I just hope that he doesn't try to kill Moriarty. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 1.4K 26
*May not follow real storyline* *May contain adult material or suggestive content* Magnussen is dead. Sherlock and Moriarty are alive. Somehow the...
145K 6.6K 45
(Sequel to Believe In Sherlock) Maggie, Sherlock, and John are back...but so is Moriarty. Without ever having met the psychopath responsible to Sherl...
50.8K 2K 22
(Y/n) (L/n), resident of the flat in central London that was always damp and cold, as the curse of basements is. There is something about living unde...
132K 4.6K 68
Imagine yourself in the TV show Sherlock Holmes. You live in the flat just below Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson. It has been many years since you...