THE CHASE - Connor x OC (I Am...

By omnomnomfood

Sequel to "I am" Charlotte is moments away from having the biggest arrest of her career when it suddenly see... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - The Interview
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 36

209 15 17
By omnomnomfood

I headed into the back hallway area where I used to live. Nick had emptied it nearly completely, I suppose in preparation for as the boys grow up (although they have quite a few empty rooms upstairs too). I went into the bathroom which now sat across from my previous room, and turned on the shower. I turned the temperature all the way up.

I dropped my clothes and folded them up on the sinks counter before climbing into the shower and letting the water rush over me. I washed away the dirt from the night before, and thought back to Nick. Nick, besides for myself, is the last person I can think of having a kid. Two? That's even crazier. And here he is, perfectly happy and content with them. Maybe Connor is onto something...

It doesn't matter anyway. Clearly, we have larger issues right now. Nick would kill me if I even dared to mention that whole thing.

The dirt had finally washed away, and I stepped out, drying myself off. I wrapped the robe around me and picked up my clothes, carrying them out with me.

"Oh, good. I'll go throw them in the wash," Nick said, taking the pile away from me quickly. I sat down on the sofa and let myself fall deep into the fabric. I let the cushions envelop me, and snuggled in for the moment. When Nick returned, I heard glass knocking in the kitchen and he returned with two mugs. He handed one to me, and sat down across from me. I looked into the cup and saw Nick's famous hot chocolate.

"What did you tell Gavin?" I asked, sipping the creamy drink. I don't really like chocolate, but I like the fact that Nick uses it as a way to comfort people...including himself.

"That this problem was going to require more than a warm bath and hugs," Nick shrugged. "How many times?"

"What?"

"How many times did you have sex with him?" Nick answered.

"Him? How heteronormative," I sighed.

"Yeah, no. Your nails are too long," Nick shook his head.

I furrowed my eyebrows thoroughly confused.

"Yeah, exactly my point. How many times, Charlotte?" Nick asked. Well...Nick must be super serious. I'm no longer Bolts and have taken on my real name.

"Once," I sighed. "Last night. We hooked up."

Nick sighed deeply and looked relieved. "That's not an affair, Bolts. It's cheating, and it's shitty...but it's not an affair."

"Oh," I sighed, sipping the cocoa.

"Have you told Connor?"

"I didn't sit out on your curb by choice."

"Uh...yes. Yes, you did. Even if he kicked you out, you had a choice where to go," Nick nodded. "Where's the Charlotte I used to know? Who took credit for all her actions?"

"She's still here. I admitted I had an affair, didn't I?" I asked, defensively.

"Cheated. And yeah, technically. After saying it wasn't real anyway. Which...I am not getting into yet."

"Yeah...I guess you're right. I don't know what's gotten into me," I sighed, sipping the cocoa.

"Who did you sleep with anyway?" Nick questioned.

"Uh...well...Ethan," I shrugged.

"Business and pleasure, Charlotte!" Nick immediately yelled. He calmed down quietly, and began whispering. "Business and pleasure..."

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Like oil and water. They do not mix," Nick sighed. "Well the deed is done and now we've got that problem to handle. But on the bright side, you've got your partner back."

"Aren't you on paternity leave?" I questioned.

"I think I can manage to come back for a couple hours a day," Nick shrugged. "Gavin is doing great with the boys anyway."

"Thanks, Nick," I smiled.

"No problem," Nick answers. We both sipped on our cocoa, and settled in.

"So. The story. Give me the full story," Nick said.

I explained everything from Christen to Connor kicking me out, and Nick listened well the whole time. When I finally finished, I had just one question for him.

"Did you know?"

"Did I know what?" Nick questioned.

"About Kamski. And his programming," I asked.

"No...but...I think you're looking at this wrong," Nick shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean...he might've programmed you two. He might've tortured the shit out of you guys in a lab. He might've manufactured your whole relationship. But isn't it weird to you though that no one else caught your eye? I mean he could program in deviancy and attraction...but he couldn't prevent you from being attracted to anyone else. You've never felt attracted to Markus, or the RK you met at Jericho, or Asher Kam...and they're who you're programmed to. I mean...who cares if RKs and CRs are more prone to fall in love with one another? Connor and you fell in love with each other. No other CR caught his eye, and no other RK caught yours," Nick explained.

Suddenly, Christen's warning was starting to make a lot of sense. She never told me...because it didn't matter.

"I guess...I guess that's right," I nodded.

"You bet. On the other hand...I don't like this Ethan guy."

"You never did."

"No, I mean...I don't like how he talked to you. Everything he said sounded weird. Very odd. I guess I'd have to see it for myself, but that feels weird, doesn't it?"

"I don't think so. I was dumb and made a mistake. It's me."

"But he didn't stop you. I mean sure, you're autonomous and all, but he didn't think for one moment that you're married? It didn't bother him at all?" Nick questioned.

"I guess not."

"I think it's weird," Nick shrugged. As he did, the washer buzzed letting him know my clothes were done, and had to go in the dryer. He jumped up and threw them in the dryer, and when he returned he looked relatively refreshed.

"We should get you back to Connor, huh?" Nick shrugged.

"I don't think he'll be happy to see me," I explained.

"You guys just have to talk it out. Trust me," Nick nodded.

"Trust you? Yeah, you've never done something this dumb," I chuckled.

"Oh, haven't I?" Nick questioned.

"You've cheated?"

"My 20s were a pretty constant stream of me breaking hearts."

"I thought you spent most of your 20s a monogamous virgin?" I questioned.

"Well, like the first 3 years. Then I had a pretty bad breakup and until I was like 29 it was pretty downhill. Constantly flirting, one night stands, short-term relationships, and anything long-term I spent cheating. I was a pretty awful guy."

"And none of those worked out. How is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"None? I like to think one hookup did," Nick shrugged.

"You hooked up wit Gavin before you guys started dating?" I questioned.

"Back at the academy after a long night of drinking. I don't even think he remembers," Nick smiled. "That was a good night."

"Wow. Have you ever been cheated on?" I asked.

Nick sighed and sat down. "I mean..yeah. Karma got me back. It waited a while and until I was married but yeah," Nick shrugged.

"Gavin cheated on you?" I nearly shouted sitting up.

"Quiet! I don't want him to know I'm telling you. But yes. Back when the marriage was getting started, Gavin had a fling with a 20-something twink from Boston and while it fucked with me for a minute or two, we got over it and things are fine now."

"Over it? You guys argue like all the time."

"Bolts, arguments are not a sign of an unhealthy relationship. In fact, they're pretty common and integral to a good one. Fights happen, but so long as you don't say or do anything you regret, and you come out of them feeling better than you did before, it's alright. You need to understand each other more, and sometimes that means disagreements, but so long as you're not an ass...it's okay," Nick shrugged. "But that doesn't mean if you're not arguing you have a problem. It's just not okay if you repress things."

I sighed, and nodded.

"Now that we've revealed exactly how karma has came for Nick, why don't we work on fixing this relationship. Let's start with flowers..." Nick smiled, grabbing his laptop off the kitchen table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 913 24
(Y/N) is a 22 year old woman who firmly believes in the concept of justice - if you commit a crime, you will have to pay for your mistakes. She was o...
80.8K 1.8K 11
A new young cop joins Detroit's best police department. He is assigned a partner, but unfortunately he is given an android as his partner. (Y/N) does...
6.3K 274 19
This is a Detroit Become Human fanfiction. Welp. I told myself that I was going to wait with this. But alas, I wasn't able to contain myself. I playe...
254K 8.7K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...