sean & kaycee one-shots

By seayceecontent

after reading so many fics, i thought it's time to finally start my own book so expect some cute (maybe some... More

graduation
one of them
let everyone know
high off your love... and this novocaine
the confession
not short, just vertically challenged
home
the big move
the real stars
cake for two
the wrong behind
a much needed break
late fights, sleepless nights
from this day forward
when all is said and done
trying to save us
welcome to the good life
the making of manufactured love
accidental announcement
satisfied
babe xix
sworn enemies
always forgive your enemies
keep your enemies close
telepathy tests and pizza time
orbit
still i found a way to gravitate to you
always him
roomies
the moment(s) i knew
bestest of friends

bundled up

3.1K 129 21
By seayceecontent

a little college seaycee because i live for this concept. hope you guys enjoy <3
——

Cold.

If Kaycee had to describe her current self in one word it would be cold.

Freezing cold.

It was a typical Wednesday morning and Kaycee was shivering in her seat during her Music in Film lecture as per usual.

She doesn't know why she thought it would be smart, but Kaycee decided during week one of the fall semester that she would perch her tiny self into one of the desks directly under an air conditioning vent.

This seat was a blessing for her during the hot mornings of the first few weeks since the summer heat was still in the air, and the cold air helped her stay awake in the early class as autumn came and went.

But now it was December and it seems like her school still didn't get the news flash that it was colder in the classroom than it was outside.

She really didn't know why she continued to sit in this specific seat— actually yes she did.

Don't get her wrong, the thought of switching seats had come across her mind plenty of times. Some times it'd sound so tempting that she was ready to up and switch spots mid-lecture.

But she never did.

Nope, never. Despite all the times she's thought about moving, she never did.

Partly, because she was worried her teacher would miss her when he marked attendance. Mostly, because there were only three weeks left of the semester and at this point, she'd look crazy if she moved.

She doesn't know who came up with it or why it's such a big deal, but in college there's an unspoken, never-to-be-broken rule:

Never switch out of your unassigned, assigned seat and risk taking someone else's and especially don't switch spots so late into the semester that everyone else has already marked their unassigned seat as their territory.

With the semester almost over, she had no other choice but to suck it up and shiver throughout her hour and fifteen minute long lecture for the next three weeks.

Kaycee looked up at the analog clock hanging above the projector screen, discovering that only fifteen minutes had passed since class officially began. Meaning that for the next hour she had to listen to her professor's monotonous voice read off of his powerpoint about how yet another random movie from the 1960s was scored and soundtracked.

The rest of the class was pleased to see the door open and in walked in the class clown and top student, Sean Lew. Coming in late like he always did at least one out of two times a week that the class met.

Sean, being a music and film double major as well as a returning student of their professor's, knew a lot about the topic. Sometimes a little too much for their professor's liking.

He was witty and charming, many of the girls found themselves swooning over the boy. He was passionate about the topic and often kept the class entertained as he corrected the textbook or argued with the professor about false claims.

But today was different.

Instead of his usual routine of teasing the professor and being teased back for his usual late entrance, Sean waved at the professor before heading to the auditorium seats.

Many were confused when they saw him walk past the front row, the row he occupied every class meeting for the last 12 weeks, and watched as he headed straight to the furthest row in the room, stopping right next to a certain brunette.

Kaycee thought she was hallucinating from the  near hypothermia she was so sure she was experiencing. Why would Sean Lew spontaneously decide to switch seats and why next to her?

The rest of the students were just as confused as she was but they all shrugged it off and turned back to the powerpoint being displayed on the large screen.

"Psst," Sean whispered, poking the girl with his pen.

Kaycee turned to face him a gentle smile on her lips, one brow raised in question, still very confused as to what was going on with him.

"Hi, I know this is our first time talking even though we've been in this class for almost three months now, but I've always noticed you shivering back here and I checked the forecast this morning and it said it was colder than usual, so I thought I'd bring you these," he rambled gesturing to a cup of hot cocoa and a warm breakfast sandwich that she was just noticing in one of his hands, along with a fluffy throw blanket that she watched him pull out of his backpack occupying his other.

Smiling at her brightly, a few strands of hair messily sticking out from his olive green beanie and covering his eyes, Sean stretched the hot food and fuzzy blanket out to the girl right beside him.

"Take these please. Oh, and I'm Sean by the way. Probably should've started with that my bad," he said with a wider smile as the girl took the gifts with gratitude.

"Hi Sean, I'm Kaycee," she smiled extending her hand out for him to shake. "You really shouldn't have gotten me these— I mean, I'm grateful for the gesture, really, but we barely know each other. I mean sure I could've survived a few more days of the cold."

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should have to. Plus this was just a simple deed, no need to feel bad about it. Trust me, I wanted to do this," the boy said smiling sweetly at the girl who was now happily warm and cozied up in her seat.

"Well then, thank you for the blanket and especially for the food, me and my empty stomach really appreciate it," she said unwrapping the food. Sean watched with a smile as the adorable girl he'd been crushing on since the semester started began to happily munch on the food as he ate a sandwich of his own.

Kaycee couldn't help but repeatedly verbalize her gratitude as Sean waved it off as no big deal. This caused the pair to begin whispering back and forth during the rest of the period. Getting to know each other beyond the little qualities and habits they were able to pick up from afar throughout the semester, this conversation helping to pass the remaining time they had left of class.

They hit it off. They'd grown as friends within just that one hour, making this a new routine for their Music in Film lecture.

Both parties would take turns bringing breakfast as long as Sean continued to bring the blanket that Kaycee now held near and dear in her heart.

Their dynamic shifted rapidly in a matter of days.

Kaycee heard all about how Sean's professor for his piano masterclass tried arguing with him over the composition of his final song, Sean won of course. And Sean learned the hard way that Kaycee was not a fan of coffee and that changing her normal order of hot cocoa was a bad idea.

The two were growing closer and closer. Going from strangers to friends to good friends, and by finals week, they were edging the line between friends and something more.

Feelings were felt by both students as they learned more and more about the other. Neither of the two were aware of the other's feelings, making it even scarier to try to admit these feelings.

Kaycee decided to it was time to take matters into her own hands.

Sean took the first big step, so it was only fair that it was now her turn to take their progressing relationship and leap with it.

Due to scheduling conflicts, Sean had to take his final for their shared class on a different day as the rest of the class.

He was upset because it meant that he'd have one less day of Kaycee's presence before everyone began heading home for winter break. By the time he would take this final, Kaycee would've already been on the road, heading back to her childhood home.

So one could only imagine the shock that spread across his face when he saw the girl standing outside of the auditorium, waiting for him to finish the exam.

"Kayc, what are you still doing on campus? I thought your last exam was yesterday morning?"

"It was, but I knew I'd hate myself during winter break if I left without doing this."

The boy watched, face ridden with confusion as the girl stepped forward. Taking his face into her hands, she leaned up on her tippy toes and kissed the boy who'd been occupying her mind for nearly a month now.

They both smiled into the kiss, happy to learn that their feelings were mutual. 

Well, who would've thought that all this would sprout from an infatuated boy's kind heart and his equally great blanket.
——
don't forget to comment and vote <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 7.5K 87
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.2M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
1.9M 85.8K 193
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
626K 31.7K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...