Until They Can Return in Peac...

By stories_by_kay

| Completed | Hiccstrid Following the great migration of the dragons going to the Hidden World, Chief Hiccu... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Astrid
Chapter 2 - Hiccup
Chapter 3 - Astrid
Chapter 4 - Hiccup
Chapter 5 - Astrid
Chapter 6 - Astrid
Chapter 7 - Hiccup
Chapter 8 - Astrid
Chapter 9 - Hiccup
Chapter 10 - Astrid
Chapter 11 - Hiccup
Chapter 12 - Astrid
Chapter 13 - Hiccup
Chapter 14 - Astrid
Chapter 15 - Hiccup
Chapter 16 - Astrid
Chapter 17 - Hiccup
Chapter 18 - Astrid
Chapter 19 - Hiccup
Chapter 20 - Astrid
Chapter 21 - Narrator
Chapter 22 - Hiccup
Chapter 23 - Astrid
Chapter 24 - Hiccup
Chapter 25 - Astrid
Chapter 26 - Hiccup
Chapter 27 - Astrid
Chapter 28 - Narrator
Chapter 29 - Hiccup
Chapter 30 - Astrid
Chapter 31 - Hiccup
Chapter 32 - Astrid
Chapter 34 - Astrid
Chapter 35 - Hiccup
Chapter 36 - Astrid
Chapter 37 - Hiccup
Chapter 38 - Astrid
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 39 - Narrator
Chapter 40 - Hiccup
Chapter 41 - Astrid
Chapter 42 - Hiccup
Author's Note
Chapter 43 - Astrid
Chapter 44 - Hiccup
Chapter 45 - Astrid
Chapter 46 - Hiccup
Chapter 47 - Astrid
Chapter 48 - Hiccup
Chapter 49 - Astrid
Chapter 50 - Hiccup
Author's Closing Remarks

Chapter 33 - Hiccup

2.9K 55 36
By stories_by_kay

Stinging and horrid pain emerged from my right side as I moved around in my bed. I tried to roll over but the lines of pillows all the way down my body prevented it.

With each sudden movement, sharp pain shoots right back to the stitches.

I then remember that my incredible Astrid carried me halfway through the island to get me to safety.

The door clicks open and that beauty I was thinking of just now walks in.

"Oh Hiccup! You're awake", she says slowly sitting on the bedside. Her hand meets my thigh and I set my hand on hers.

I blink slowly as I stare at her. She can't keep a straight face as a few silent moments went on.

"What is that look on your face?", she asks.

"I just... I love you so much...", I say feeling a little light headed.

"I know. You saved my life for once", she says and I roll my eyes.

"But I am so grateful that you're okay. Thank you", she kisses my lips swiftly.

"Anything for you M'lady", I smile.

I don't know what I'm feeling right now but it's making me see Astrid in this new light I haven't seen. She looks like an angel... or a goddess... or...

"Oh! You're awake Chief!", Gobber comes in.

"Gobber! I feel kind of weird... why?", I ask trying to sit up but dizziness takes over and I fall backwards.

"Ah ah! Easy Hiccup, Gothi whipped up a little potion for the pain. It's supposed to calm your mind", he says.

No wonder I'm numb, but it doesn't do too much for the pain. It just makes me happier about the pain.

"How long until it wears off?", my absolutely beautiful wife asks him.

"In a couple of hours. Especially after sleeping as long as he did with it"

"How long... have I been out?", I hold my forehead.

"Only since yesterday after we finished the stitches", Gobber says. "I'll give you two some more time"

Gobber hobbles out of the room and closes the door behind him.

Those blue eyes that resembled vibrant sapphires laid upon me.

Gods... whatever I took... I am NEVER letting Gothi give this to me again.

Astrid moves my sweaty hair from my face and her gentle fingers trace down the sides of my face.

She is highly amused at my cloud-nine state.

"Are the kids okay?", I ask trying to sober myself a little.

"Yes. Valka has both right now. My mom needed a break", she smiles as she continues to fix my hair.

"Good... I... I'm sorry I can't be out there helping you and...", I try but she cuts me off.

"Hiccup. You nearly gave your life for me, trying to protect our people and the dragons from Heather. You have no reason to apologize, you just need to rest", she leans forward.

She's right.

She's always right.

"Everything running okay?", I ask the chieftess.

"Yes. Everyone is prepared for anything to happen, but I don't think anything will"

There's something missing from this information I can tell.

"...And?"

She rolls her eyes in defeat, "Throk is here. He claims he was never with the Rebellion the whole time"

Anger builds in the pit of my stomach, "WHAT?! He nearly killed me!"

I shout but the dagger-like pain paralyzes me and I can't breathe.

"Easy babe, easy", she says pinning my shoulders down.

"You're telling me you let that traitor on my island?!"

"OUR island! He said that he can give us information on Heather and her schemes. I've taken care of it and he's locked away now. But... Hiccup with your consent, I think we ought to listen to him... he may have been the one that let us leave that island alive", she says with sorrowful blue eyes.

Here I am looking kinda stupid as my wife looks at me in such a way that hate. That I am being impulsive and I need to trust her.

I exhale deeply, "I'm sorry for yelling... You are just as much of an influence and leader for New Berk as I am. I do trust you Astrid, if you say we should question him, let's do it"

She sighs in relief, "It's okay Knucklehead, you're not fully yourself right now either. Thank you, I just want you well so you can come back and do this with me"

We pause for a moment and sit in a comfortable silence. What a warrior I married. I honestly had no doubt in my mind of her capabilities as chieftess and as my wife. Of all the wonderful reasons I married her, one of the major factors was that I knew she'd take care of my tribe when I was down.

"I'd like to go too", I say and she looks at me with concerned eyes.

"Hiccup you need to rest... you're..."

I cut her off, "You can do the questioning M'lady. I just want to be there and perceive it myself"

She nods understandingly.

____________________

The great hall was packed full of people of the Hooligan tribe as I was helped into my chieftain throne. A few moons have passed and I am healing more everyday. But my torso was bound and wrapped in bandages to keep me from ripping any stitches.

We awaited the prisoner to be brought up by my gang.

Astrid walked back and forth on the elevated platform with Nuffink in her arms. He was pointing at things and mumbling indistinct little words. In the year of having my incredible son, I've seen little traits of Astrid come out and it's almost comedic how uncanny it is. She sees it in him as well, and I love that he will follow in her footsteps and be much braver and more bold than I ever was.

Then there's my Zephyr that crawls into her mother's chair beside me. I observe as she sits up with her back straight and her arms barely being able to lay on the armrests. I see the feeling of power go into her senses. Trying to look as much like a Chief as she's seen us be.

"How does it feel?", I ask her.

"Umm... pretty big", she replies looking at me with cautious eyes and I laugh.

"Don't worry you'll grow into it. It took me a while myself", I say.

"Would you like to stay for the questioning? Seeing that you'll be chieftess one day?", I ask and her blue eyes light up.

She holds her Toothless close to her chest and nods.

"Okay, but you have to promise you'll be very quiet while mommy works", I say narrowing my eyes at her.

"I will daddy", she says and I kiss her nose.

Astrid looks over at us and I give her a thumbs up. She gallantly nods and goes over to hand off Nuffink to her parents.

They exit the hall just as Fishlegs and Snotlout bring Throk to where we sat.

Astrid stands proudly with her axe by her side as Throk is brought to the stairs and kneels.

"Throk. You have done actions that reveal your betrayal to the Hooligan, Berserker and most importantly, Defenders of the Wing tribes. You have brought harm to our chief and now you claim that you weren't with the Fractious and Rebellion the whole time?", she opens the questioning very well.

"Chieftess Astrid, you have to pardon my actions against the Chief. Like I said before, I knew it would get you out of there. I remained behind and fought off any other men that tried to go past that hut", he says and she motions her hand for him to continue.

"Years ago when I was working closely with Magnus, I had planned on revealing my motives until I saw Heather approach the Rebellion with an offer that he couldn't refuse. We then contradicted our very own motives and joined forces with the people we swore we never could. I chose to remain a part of this operation, working closely with Heather and her plans to find the dragons and rid the Archipelago of anyone that stopped her"

Poor Heather. She really must have taken all of this so hard. I never realized how deeply she depended upon Windshear or any of us. Enough to the point of wanting to rebel and be murderous. Deep rooted anger and bitterness to a point will do it.

"Did you get close to the Hidden World?", Astrid asks and I fear the answer.

"Yes... in fact I know where it is...", he replies and I feel knots in my stomach.

"But I always pretended to read her map wrong. Especially after the attack, from what I could only assume was a night fury, happened to the Fractious nearly four years ago", he adds and I'm relieved.

"Toofless?", Zephyr whispers to herself.

"Mhmm", I mumble as I stroke my whiskered face.

Astrid turns to me troublesome.

"Any other attacks besides the one?", I speak up, weakly.

"No chief. Toothless' proof of protection was enough for me to keep them off course", Throk replies with a bow.

That's my bud. I knew no harm could come to them. I just hope this doesn't make them feral to humans again.

"Please. If you just hear me out on what Heather's plans are, I can help to stop this war from happening", he begs and I see my tense wife relax a little.

"We will talk more in the days to come. But it will take a while for you to build any kind of trust with us. You will stay in the holding cells for now", Astrid speaks so valiantly.

"Understood entirely, Chieftess", Throk says and he is dismissed.

Snotlout, Fishlegs, the twins, and Eret come around us.

Astrid sits in her chair and Zephyr returns to it on her lap.

"Good job mommy", she says snuggling Astrid.

"Thank you sweetie. Did you enjoy being with us?", she asks and Zeph nods quickly.

"So what do we think of this? Do we trust him?", Fishlegs asks closing his notebook.

"I for one think that Throk is merely overcome with such guilt that he is going to be begging by our boots for forgiveness", Tuffnut says in a strange way but he's correct. I hope.

"I say we take the time and see what he has to say. We've been blind sighted before, so we need to remain vigilant", Astrid adds taking my hand.

She looks at me to say it's solely up to me.

"I agree. And if it comes down to the fact that he actually did save our lives, we owe him an ear or two", I say and the gang nods.

"Why don't we just teach him a lesson now and make sure he's truthful", Snotlout says throwing his fist into his hand.

"No. That's not how we do it. Especially after how we've been treated by his "false tribe". We're above that"

"Shut up, Eret", Snotlout replies to the man that still to this day has an entire foot of height over him.

"It will take a while, but if it means the tribe, the dragons and our allies are safe, I will do whatever it takes", I say through painful breaths.

The group agrees in unison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.7K 1.5K 15
#1 hiccupxreader Warning: LEMON, also, following this story will put you in major FEELS! I didn't change Hiccup or Toothless's personally btw:) summ...
13.5K 174 15
One-shots based around the 10-year gap in How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - from when the dragons leave to when the Haddock family meet To...
30.8K 411 11
Based after How To Train Your Dragon: Hidden World and during the new Netflix series Rescue Riders. ...
42.5K 1.8K 30
Zephyr was merely a few months old when her mother was taken away by a dragon, leaving her to be raised by her single-father, Chief Hiccup Horrendous...