You, Me and Penny Green 2 | E...

By CallingCollins

"We're in this together, you and I." After the reluctant separation between the, newly turned, Iris Green and... More

You, Me and Penny Green
Downpour
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX | Epilogue
New Growth
Casting Recap
Prologue
II | I
II | II
II | III
II | IV
II | V
II | VI
II | VII
II | VIII
II | IX
II | X
II | XI
II | XII
II | XIII
II | XIV
II | XV
II | XVI
II | XVII
II | XVIII
II | XIX
II | XX
II | XXII
II | XXIII
II | XXIV
II | XXV
II | XXVI
II | XXVII
II | XXVIII | Epilogue

II | XXI

3.1K 175 108
By CallingCollins

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| If you didn't know, Levi Miller plays Anthony Don Masen! Lol okay, back to the story |

| Chapter Twenty One |

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Esme warned as Edward neared the pot with wooden spoon. It fell on deaf ears as he shrugged. If only the mind reader had listened to his mother's advice.

"Edward Anthony Masen, drop that spoon and step away from my pot roast." Said husband straightened up like a ramrod, his hand instantly setting down the spoon onto the counter. Esme tutted towards him, tossing the cranberry salad in front of her. Iris walked up to him with a suspicious glint in her speckled eyes.

"I don't want you touching my master piece, we have actual humans coming to eat today." Edward rolled his eyes, but let his wife and Esme get back to work on the pumpkin pie and creamed corn. It was those special foods that were required for this certain day. A day the Cullen's haven't celebrated in a long time, not since Iris joined them. Thanksgiving, a day full of family, food, football. Majority of the family could get behind it, Bree would just have to take breaks to maintain control around the humans.

The weather in Forks had already turned chilly. The ground was covered in it first snow fall of the year, though it didn't stick to the soil just yet. When it happened, Iris had taken the kids out to experience it for the first time together. They giggled as they ran around in the icy droplets, creating for an picturesque moment she would always remember.

Iris had invited the neutral Shapeshifters meaning: Jake, Embry, she tried and failed with Leah, and Seth. Charlie was on the list of people coming over, along with her dad and Ava. The Green family were obviously coming with little Morgan and the rest of the Cullens were all spread around the Main three story house. Iris wasn't even going to try to fit everyone in her house, especially because the Quileutes tended to break things with their giant bodies.

When the Green trio walked in, Morgan instantly ran to Penelope and Donny's side, disappearing into the backyard with the rest of the gang playing football. Bella assisted Iris and Esme in the kitchen, helping to ward of the hungry 'puppies' when they tried to sneak a few bites. Everyone had to dumb down the supernatural escapades when Charlie walked through the door. The sheriff gravitating towards the beers in the cooler, sitting on a lawn chair to watch the family play.

Let's just say with the large family they had, multiple tables had to be pushed together to fit them all. Well, the eaters anyway. Iris stood beside Edward with a glass of sangria in her hand. Charlie had given her the look, but he eventually let it slide seeing as the woman was married with kids of her own now. She held up the glass as Edward gazed at her adoringly, smile wide as she took in the large group of people surrounding them. 

"Speech, speech! Speech!" The Quileute boys cheered causing a light chuckle to filter through the room.

"Although, it may be extremely cheesy, I have to say it. I'm immensely grateful for the family I've been given. Who have stood by me/us in the most chaotic times. From my first day back in the spring semester when I almost got smooshed by a car, to the arrival of Donny. T-this truly is a day, that I will never take for granted. I love you all, Happy Thanksgiving," She teared up, which embarrassed her to put it plainly, as she raised her glass with everyone and took a sip.

"Mommy," Iris looked down to Donny himself as he padded towards her. Heartbreakingly, he was already reaching her thigh in height, not that the ginger was anything to be measured against. Donny had obviously surpassed Penelope's age in appearance, however everyone pretended not to notice so the little boy wouldn't feel as though he was odd. His wavy dark hair flicked around his head in different directions, no matter how much you styled it. And his eyes have never been bluer, shrouded with thick lashes, almost hypnotizingly bright.

"Yes, darling?" She squatted to his height after she set aside her drink. Donny took pieces of her incredibly long hair in his hands. He held the curls like it was the most delicate thing he'd ever seen, twirling it between his fingers. "It's Thanksgiving right, like you said?"

The ginger nodded, watching him quizzically as a shy grin formed on his lips. "Then, I am thanks-full for you, daddy and Pen." He quickly kissed both of her cheeks before her forehead and she melted instantly. She kissed his cheek back, her expression exuberating elation. "Well I am too! Who taught you to kiss like that, Donny?"

"I see daddy do it all the time, and grandpa Carlisle does it to Nana Esme too." The gaggle of company laughed at his observation. Donny was entirely too cute. Iris shared an amused glance with Edward before smoothing down her son's wild hair. Morgan clambered up to him suddenly, tugging on his hand as she pointed towards Pea and the Quileute's starting to head outside again.

"C'mon Donny, come on! We can play tag," She gushed before rushing off. Donny glanced towards his parents with wide, puppy dog eyes. He was asking for permission to leave her side, which Iris thought would be the start of the mommy's boy characteristics. Edward came behind his wife and wrapped an arm around her waist as he nodded to Donny. "Go ahead, Don. Be careful with your sister."

"Sure daddy–" The little boy took off after the girls, his sandals slapping against the hardwood floors to the deck.

"He's growing up too fast," Iris sighed, leaning into Edward's embrace. He his arms around her, resting his chin on her crown, comfortably. "Carlisle's says it's slowing down, it'll be okay." He rubbed her shoulders and placed a kiss on her hair, endearingly. Although neither of them completely believed it, Iris nodded to try and convince herself. For as long as she could remember, she would have a sinking gut feeling when something troubling was about to happen. And for some reason, she was feeling this a whole new level right now.

...

"Want another lager Charlie, Arthur?" Bella asked as she moved to sit in the conversational room. The sheriff grunted as the screen show an intense game of football while Arthur shook his head polietly. Two different football teams, Bella had no idea or care for. She wasn't going to try, either. She took that as a yes and pinched her husband as he lounged beside her dad. He didn't even flinch as he zoned into the television like a zombie rather than a vampire. The Green rolled her eyes, finding her way back into the kitchen with Iris and Edward who were speaking quietly to each other.

"Can you believe those two?" She questioned as she opened the fridge to pull out a new beer. Iris nodded immediately, blowing the hair out of her face. "At least their getting along," She shrugged helplessly to which Bella agreed.

"I think their more alike than you give them credit. Their minds are similar," Edward mused as he leaned against the counter with his arms folded. Bella grimaced to herself. That information was too close for comfort, hitting awkwardness right on the head. Iris patted her husbands chest, lifting her lips patronizingly. "You're not helping, honey. Leave it to the experts."

"But –"

"Wait." Iris paused, hearing the familiar whispers of the trees. She straightened in her spot, instantly making her way outside. "Something's not right," She breathed hauntingly.

Suddenly, the group followed after her to the backyard, spotting the rest of the gang playing around in the field. Iris looked along the tree line, her gut feeling deepened with dread as she spotted a lone figure, just before she took off in a sprint. The ginger ran after her, slicing through the snow dusted foliage of the forest for a familiar flash of blonde. Iris didn't know why she was here, but if she was leaving that quickly, it obviously wasn't good.

"Irina!" Iris called but she lost her. By the responses of the trees, she had disappeared into the water, long gone by now.

"Iris. Did you get what she wanted?" Edward flashed by her side, taking her hand to soothe her distraught expression. Iris shook her head, letting her love lead her back to the house. Not matter how comforting his presence was, Iris couldn't shake that Pandora's box was just opened. Irina wouldn't leave like that without explanation. Maybe it was the shapeshifters that bothered her, but Iris saw that highly unlikely. Edward tightened his grasp around her hand as they rejoined the concerned group of supernaturals.

"What happened?" Jasper surprisingly spoke up, his stern golden eyes, tracing the area for possible threats.

"I –" Iris was interrupted by a deep gasp expelling from Alice. The delicately made vase in her hands, filled with fresh flowers Iris had gifted her, dropped to the floor with a crash. Glass scattered everywhere as if in slow motion, the horrified expression marring the pixie's usually perky face, formed a dark pit in the ginger's stomach. It seemed all of it happened at once: Edward's stiffening, Jasper's urgent concern for his mate, Penelope's piercing cry from the clatter. However, what made Iris want to faint from the slam of overwhelming emotions washing over her, were the haunting words that followed Alice's episode.

"The Volturi, they're coming for us."

And thus, the other shoe dropped with a resounding thud.

Unedited.

As you can tell, the sweet - drawn out fluff is over and the original plotline continues. I'm so excited guys because so far, I have the chapters planned out until the end (But not written yet). Most likely, there will be three chapters of gathering of the team, two chapters of fighting, and one last one for the epilogue! This book should be finished this month, can you believe that!? I'm incredibly happy yet also immensely depressed that this is ending. 

I'm thinking we can do a recap at the end of the book where you guys can comment your favorite moments of all time in this series and we can chat about it together etc. Let me know what you think, Xx.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 7.7K 19
'She's so complicated that's the way god made her, sunshine mixed with a little hurricane. That girl is the perfect storm' "How come she can't see...
79K 1.7K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
168K 4.6K 65
This a Twilight love story. What if Bella Swan had a sister, and that person was you? Will you go through the same troubles as your sister, or will l...
25.2K 741 17
๐’พ'๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“‡๐‘œ๐“€๐‘’, ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ท๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰, ๐’ท๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น ๐“ˆ๐‘œ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’น๐‘’๐“‡๐“…๐“‡๐‘’๐“…๐’ถ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น, ๐’ท๐’ถ๐’ท๐“Ž ...