What a charmer Phillip x read...

By Bernese_writers5

Philip Hamilton; a brave, strapping, young lad who was bound on making a name for himself. He was ready to sw... More

Chapter 1 Guns loaded
Chapter 2 A sleepless night
Chapter 3 Bluebells and Yellow Tulips
Chapter 4 Back In The War
Chapter 5 His Psyche
Chapter 6 Charming
Chapter 7 wading the tides
Chapter 8 They Hung an Innocent Man
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 I couldn't be happier
Chapter 36 Boarding School in Boston
Chapter 37 Not gone, just put away for a while
Chaptet 38 You'll be a man
Chapter 39 - Her names was Peggy
Chapter 40 I'm Coming Home, Love
Chapter 41 Two of a pair
Chapter 42 Well I'll be
Chapter 43 Alexander's Boy
Chapter 44 Saving Alexander
Epilogue

Chapter 25

1K 29 44
By Bernese_writers5

(Hello! This is the author from the future! So I made a big do do mistake. But that okay! I don't think I can change it without confusing past readers if that makes since. Just know Alexander Hamilton's last child was born in June 1 or 2 ["big" debate about that] 1802. Alexander died 1804. Oops? Google made it sound differently...)

__________
Y/N
______________
six hours later
______________

Eliza sweat, grunted, and cried as she squeezed my hand.

"Not yet, Eliza, the baby isn't ready yet," Madeleine said.

"Well, tell it to be ready." Eliza said, "I'm never having another baby," Eliza muttered.

"That is what you said last time," Emma said with a giggle.

"I mean it this time," Eliza said waving her pointer finger around, "The next baby will by Y/N and Philip's baby, not mine," Eliza said.

"You're pregnant?" Madeleine asked.

"Newly, I found out today actually," I told them.

"You'll have to talk to Mother Rebecca, she'll get you all home visits set up till the birth," Emma said.

"Parden?" I asked.

"Well, we as midwives, need to make sure that the baby and the mother are doing well tell the baby is born," Madeleine told me.

"Oh," I said, the more I thought about it, the more it made since. I remember when ma was pregnant and there always was this lady coming to visit every few months. She always smelled like vanilla, and—as a child— I loved it.

"I should tell that to Philip."

"Why, would he not be alright with the visit?" Emma asked.

"The other way around. He probably would say he wants to be there for it." I said, giggling.

"He can be there, as far as I know," Emma said. Emma had a British accent. Once when Emma left to use the outhouse, I asked Eliza about her. She had told me she was born there but, her father was a blue coat. He was a spy, he took his pregnant wife along and she spent three years living there before the war ended and they moved to New York.

"Oh, how sweet," Madeleine said.

Eliza grunted in pain once more. Emma looked at Eliza under the blanket to look for a tiny little head.

"Well chew me up and serve me a tomato, Eliza a baby you want and a baby you'll have. Get ready Eliza, the baby is coming." Emma said with a smile.

I kneeled down to Eliza's bedside, I held her hand as she squeezed the color out from my hand.

Eliza's brow was drenched in sweat.

"Alright, Eliza push!" Madeleine said with gloves on Emma and her hands.

I spoke to Eliza with calming words.

Not long after, over Eliza's cries, a new cry echoed throw the room.

"It's a boy!" Madeleine said as Emma cooed at the baby boy waving at him.

Madeleine went to hand over the baby as Eliza held out her hands.

The baby cried as Eliza held the pale bloody child. The moment when Eliza held the baby close to her chest, the little baby stop crying at once.

I was confused, why did the baby stop crying when Eliza held it? Did it know she was his mother? He couldn't have, he wasn't even an hour old.

I walked over to Emma looking for some answers.

"Emma," I said,

"Yes?" She smiled.

"Why did he stop crying? He couldn't have known it was his mother, I mean he was just born. I don't understand." I admit.

"When the baby is growing inside a mother, they can hear everything. The mothers' voice becomes a familiar voice." Emma said.

"Oh," I said, "So baby can hear me?" I asked.

"Why no right now, but it can soon!" She said, "May I?" She asked holding out her hands.

"By all means," I answered.

She rested her hands on my stomach.

"Your baby is supposed to be the size on a pea at the moment," Emma said.

"Good to know," I said, "Thank you," I said.

Eliza smiled down to the baby as a knock on the door came.

"Come in." Said Emma with a smile.

In came Philip, Tommy, Ange, and Angelica.

My guess is Angelica's son and husband felt like they weren't needed there.

Which I understand, I just hope they will pop in later to see Eliza and her newborn son.

I stood by Philip as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"In a few months we'll be here with our baby." He said.

"We won't be in the hospital if we don't need to be," I said.

"So you would have the baby at home?" Philip asked.

"Yes, like most women, Philip," I said, "Didn't your mother deliver at home?" I asked.

"When my siblings were born pops sent me to the park or to the neighbors' house till the baby was born," Philip told me as we watched the young baby boy wrap his little fingers around Eliza's hand.

"Eliza," Emma said politely, "We must bathe the baby. When your ready, of course."

Eliza nodded before leaving a small kiss on his head.

"Be still, love." Eliza said as Emma took the baby, Eliza faintly waved goodbye to the infant.

Emma held the baby over the bowl of water as Madeleine washed the child.

At first, the baby wiggled around in Emma's grasp but at Emma and Madeleine made happy faces at him he stayed still.

Madeleine cut the umbilical cord. Quickly the baby erupted with tears.

"Oh yes, poor little boy, bet that hurt didn't it?" Emma said cooing at the baby.

Emma slowly struggled to clothe the baby by wrapping it in a white little blanket and put a blue hat on its head.

Madeleine calmly shushed the baby as she scooped him up. She then handed Eliza's new born son to her open arms.

Emma picked up the child, walking back over to Eliza handing her the baby.

Eliza smiled as she gazed down at the bundle of her baby.

I grabbed Philip's hand and pulled him out of the room. I tugged are his arm lightly, leading him to a nurse.

"Ma'am," I called, "Is there any news about Alexander Hamilton?"

"I haven't heard much, but I'll go to his room and check for you, ma'am." She smiled as she turns to walk into a room that I can only presume is Alexander's.

"I'm worried too," Philip whisper into my ear.

Soon, the nurse came back, but with a tall man in a white lab coat. He had brown hair that was starting to bald to the right and left.

"I hear your curious about Ex Secretary Hamilton's health." He said, "I'm Doctor David Hosack." He said offering his hand to Philip and I.

"Yes, How is he?" I asked.

"He is out of surgery and will recover in due time." He said. "But his walking will be a challenge for him. He will need a cane at best." Doctor Hosack said.

"Is he awake? His wife just gave birth to a healthy baby boy." I said.

"I will check, excuse me." Doctor Hosack said, he took his leave giving a slight head bow.

A moment past and I held Philip's hand. He squeezed my hand, I turned to face him. He smiled, kissing my head.

The Doctor came out moments later.

"He is awake but, he can't leave his bed. How about you bring the baby to him? So he can meet his son?" David asked.

"I will ask if Eliza is alright with that." I smiled, turning to Eliza's room with Philip trailing behind me.

__________________
Alexander
_________________

My eyes felt heavy as light poured into the room.

Someone held my hand, I turned my head to see Philip.

"Hello pops." Philip smiled with his eyes filling with tears.

I looked around and saw that only Philip and Tommy were still in the room.

"Where are the women?" I asked, a little

"Pops," Philip started, "Mom gave birth to a baby boy." He said as he sat down on my bed.

"What is his name?" I asked.

"Eliza hasn't named it, she refused to tell you were there to help choose," Philip said.

"Can I hold him," I asked.

"Y/N went to fetch him so you could." He smiled.

"She's a good wife, son," I said, "you did well," I told him.

"I sure did." Philip said smiling,

"I'm sorry I wasn't as accepting about Y/n as I should have been." I said pausing, knowing what he said next would be hard, "And I know I wasn't the father you deserved, I-I'm sorry, son." I uttered softly.

"It's okay pops, But pops?"

"What is troubling you, Philip?" I asked, patting my knee.

"Pops, she's pregnant, I'm a little scared to be a father." Philip started, "I mean, I've never been one before! I—!" Philip paused, not wanting to finish.

Philip's face twisted into a guilty one before saying in a low whisper, "I don't want to end up like you."

"Son, you are the oldest from a household of now eight children. You are the most qualified person for the job." I said, "But don't you ever repeat our family history."

"What do you mean Pops?" Philip asked.

"Don't be like my father or me, don't cheat or leave the child. And please don't have children with more then one woman like my father!" I chuckled as Philip did as well.

A calming moment past, soon a knock on the door.

"Honey is that you?" Philip asked.

"Unless you are having an affair, yes Charming." Y/N said with hint on a chuckle and sarcasm to spare.

The door opened calmly and quietly, revealing a beautiful young woman and a baby in a white blanket and a wooly blue hat on its head, my son.

Y/N walked over to me with the bundle in hand. She bent over, handing me the baby. After she did she gave me a chaste kiss on my cheek.

I looked down at the little baby in my arms as Y/N joined Philip by his side. She rested her hand on his shoulder. He grabbed hand hand, rubbing circles on her hand.

"Eliza said that you could pick a name. She would be happy with your choice if she likes it." Y/N said with a chuckle.

"Hercules." I said.

"That is a lovely name Alexander—,"

"Call me pops or Dad both works." I chuckled.

"Of course pops, I'll pass the news along." Y/N said kissing Philip quickly before leaving.

"Another brother." Philip said with a chuckle.

"A grandchild." I said in response.

"Yes but don't let Y/N know I told you. She probably wants to tell everyone at once." Philip said scratching the back of his neck.

"Your mother was the same way. She didn't tell me she was going to have you tell a month after she knew. My General knew before me." I laughed.

Y/N came back just as fast as she had left. "Eliza loves the name but we need Hercules back now." Y/N said kindly before taking him form me.

She walked over to Tommy, who has been quiet this whole time.

She showed him little Hercules. She picked up his tiny hand and waved it to Tommy. Waved back at the little tot.

I felt quite terrible for not saying much to Tommy. Don't miss understand me I love him but I hadn't shown him that recently.

"Tommy could you come here?" I asked.

He turned in response, his now short blond hair made a floppy turn with his head. His blue eyes still shined the same way this first did when I met him. Reminding me of Harper, his father.

He had some more meat on his body then he did before we welcomed him to our family. His face was clean.

Tommy came to my side, his face was soaked to the bone with tears. I gave him a loving smile as I pulled him into a hug.

"P-papa." His voice bellowed as he cried.

"Tommy." I said.

"I was so scared papa." He said holding me tighter.

"Shh I know, I'm alright Tommy." I told him.

"Are you sure?" Tommy asked pulling away as he sniffled trying to get air to his lungs.

"Yes, Of course son."

So a lot of news, first off, I saw Hamilton! Worth every penny! Second, my cat died, I'm sorry I know you probably don't really care. Thirdly, I saw Biltmore and it was cool! Lastly I have to go sleep outside and "Ruff it" I have to sleep with a rope around me so snakes don't kill me... fun...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.7K 1.4K 27
"Why did you just leave me there!? you could have save me!" Y/N Oslen the daughter of Elizabeth Oslen have a dark and traumatic past that you could...
151K 2.5K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...
14.6K 721 21
Dan Howell had been at a Catholic school all of his life. He ate, breathed and lived as a good Christian boy should. However, it didn't fit him, he d...
105K 3.8K 42
At lightning speed I threw open the covers of the bed , checking for any trace of missing clothing ; Every ounce of my fiber, of my being was yelling...