Extraordinary || Peter Parker

By ree_louise

"Live for the ones who don't get too. Use this time to become something that you only ever dreamed to be. Bec... More

Prolouge - The Battle Of New York
Chapter 1 - Four Years Later
Chapter 2 - Stark Internship
Chapter 4 - Berlin, Germany
Chapter 5 - Two Months Later
Chapter 6 - House Parties & Bad Guys
Chapter 7 - The Team Up
Chapter 8 - Washington, D.C.
Chapter 9 - Go, Spidey, Go
Chapter 10 - Homecoming
Chapter 11 - A Normal Life
Chapter 12 - Birthday Boy
Chapter 13 - Field Trip
Chapter 14 - I Have A Feeling We Arent In Kansas Anymore
Chapter 15 - Guardians Of The What?
Chapter 16 - The Snap
Chapter 17 - In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream
Chapter 18 - The Garden
Chapter 19 - Five Years Later
Chapter 20 - Trials
Chapter 21 - Time Heist
Chapter 22 - New York, 2012
Chapter 23 - The Snap 2.0
Chapter 24 - One Shot
Chapter 25 - Goodbye, Old Friend
Epilouge - Four Years Later

Chapter 3 - Suit Up, Kids

109 6 1
By ree_louise

Music blares through my ear phones as I make my way to train station. It's been two weeks since I found out Peter's secret, and I have no idea what to do about it. It's been plaguing my brain every moment that I'm awake. I mean, there's a reason it's called a secret identity. He wouldn't want anyone to know he's Spider-Man. I get it, I'm not exactly vocal about my own secrets.

But now that I know this, I've been avoiding him like the plague. How the hell am I supposed to pretend that I don't know his big life changing secret? If he wanted me to know, he would have told me. So I've figured it's best to just avoid him so I don't give it away. Even if it means I miss his friendship in the mean time.

It's an earlier train, which means I'll get lost in the crowd of Mid Town High School before Peter even gets out of the apartment building. Mark and Vanessa have questioned my early attendance, but I've simply told them I have a group assessment that meets before school. They bought it easily enough. I just hate that I have to lie to them.

The train ride is smooth, but it means that I have an extra twenty minutes to spare than when I normally arrive. So I spend my time in the library, catching up on some real homework and readings. Pulling out my book for English, I pick up from a scene in Macbeth.

It doesn't take long before the time checks out for me to head to home room, with enough time to make a quick stop on the way. Pulling out my headphones, I weave my way through the students to the my locker. Thank god Peter's locker is on the other side of school.

Opening up my locker, I grab my text books for the first few periods and shove them into my book bag. My leg aches slightly and I sigh, knowing I shouldn't have run to the station on the off chance Peter decided to come out early. He never does, but I still do it anyway. Well good on you Lexi, now you gotta walk around like an eighty nine year old grandma.

Reaching into my back pack, I grab out my trusty stow away cane and assemble it up. Leaning on it gives my leg a welcome relief, but earns the stares of those around me. Ain't high school a bitch?

Closing my locker, I let out a gasp as my eyes widen at the person leaning against the locker next to mine. Peter looks at me expectantly, his arms folded across his chest with his feet crossed over.

"Well of course your leg hurts with all that running you've been doing from me lately." He murmurs, his eyes calculating.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I counter, turning and making my way towards home room. Home room that he is in unfortunately.

"You want to tell me why you're acting so weird?" He questions, keeping easy pace with me. Which I mean of course he can, he's used to swinging through the air by web, so walking would be a breeze.

"Me? Acting weird? Never." I state sarcastically and he rolls his eyes, "You forget I know you Lexi. You've been living down the hall from me for the last four years and been my friend that whole time. We've always caught the train together every morning and afternoon for school. Then suddenly two weeks ago, I haven't seen you other than from a distance in these hallways. So yes, you've been acting weird."

I chuckle and shake my head, "Peter, you're paranoid. I've had to come in early for school for a project I'm working on. And if you haven't noticed, I'm incredibly busy with my internship."

"Yeah, I heard about the Sokovia Accords and how there's gonna be this big meeting with the leaders of the world." He states and I nod my head, going along with the lie effortlessly, "Exactly, so I've been helping Mr Stark out as much as I can with it."

Truthfully, I haven't heard from Tony since this break out. A few days after I found out about Peter, there was an incident with some of the Avengers. In Lagos, Captain America, Black Widow, Scarlett Witch and the Falcon we're trying to stop a biological weapon from getting into the wrong hands. However while using her powers, Wanda lost control and accidentally blew up a building and it killed a few people.

So now, the world's officials are creating this document called the Sokovia Accords, which means that the Avengers would no longer be a privatised organisation but instead would come under the control of the world's council. Instead of choosing to take on whatever mission they want, they would be restricted on where and what they can do.

There's a big divide about it, but I kind of can't help but agree in some sense. Don't get me wrong, they're heroes and the world should be grateful for what they have done... But if they were under a bit more control, maybe my parents would still be alive?

The final bell for home room goes and I turn to Peter, speaking quickly, "I gotta go..."

Turning, I rush off down the hallway and Peter calls out after me, "Lexi! Wait!"

But I don't. Instead I run in the opposite direction. Away from my problems and away from Peter Parker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony stands in front of me, pinching the bridge of his nose and his face contorts due to the massive headache he has. It's been a very busy week for him, what with the Sokovia Accords being created. But now everything has just become one hundred times worse.

Apparently, Captain America wanted to be the one to bring in the war criminal Bucky Barnes, aka the Winter Soldier, who worked for Hydra. According to Tony, they were friends back during World War II. However, he wasn't quick enough and the Winter Soldier blew up the UN during the conference. Along with a few by standers, he also murdered the king of Wakanda, T'Chaka.

Captain America tried to help Bucky escape arrest, however both him and Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon, were arrested along with the new King of Wakanda, T'Challa. If that wasn't enough of a headache, the Winter Solider escaped with the help of Captain America and the Falcon. And to be the cherry on top of this mess, Scarlett Witch escaped the compound with the supposed retired Avenger, Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye.

"I'm so sorry, Tony." I whisper and he shakes his head, "You've got nothing to be sorry for kid."

"So, what happens now?" I ask and he sighs, folding his arms over his chest, "I've been given thirty six hours to track Cap down and arrest Bucky Barnes."

"They seem like a pretty formidable team up. Who have you got on your side?" I ask and he paces the room, "Currently, Colonel Rhodes, Natasha Romanov and Vision."

"That seems like a pretty good team up." I state and he nods as he comes to a stop in front of me, "But you know what would give us the edge?"

He looks at me for a long time and it dawns on me, causing me to rise to my feet and shake my head, "No."

"I need you to suit up, kid." He states and I walk away from him, "Tony, I can't just go, what about Mark and Vanessa?"

"They love me." He says casually, waving me off, "We'll tell them we're heading to Seattle for a few days or something for a retreat."

"But Tony, we haven't even really tested out my abilities. What happens if something goes wrong?" I argue and he smiles at me, "I believe in you kid."

My heart warms up at this and he reaches forward, placing a hand on my shoulder, "And you know I wouldn't ask unless this was important."

My eyes meet his for the longest time and I sigh, shrugging my shoulders, "Okay."

"You're my favourite." He smiles and I chuckle, "Don't tell Happy that."

He laughs and goes for the door when he stops and pauses, clicking his fingers at me, "Who's that kid from YouTube? The Spider-Guy?"

"Spider-Man?" I question, my heart dropping and he nods his head, "How do you even know about Spider-Man?"

"I'm cool, I'm hip with the kids." He argues and I give him a look, to which he sighs, "I notice you watching his videos while we eat. I'm not blind. Anyway, I can easily track him down using his IP address."

I watch him for a long moment, wanting to stop him from bringing Peter into this. But Bucky has hurt a lot of people and needs to be stopped. I close my eyes and call out after him, "Don't bother. I know who he is."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are waiting inside of Peter's apartment in the living room, Aunt May being quite the hostess to the ruggedly handsome billionaire on her couch. My heart pounds in my chest as we wait for Peter to come home, hating that it has to come to this. It's also gross seeing Tony flirt with her all afternoon.

We hear keys in the door and turn, seeing Peter walk in. He has headphones in his ears, a DVD player under his arm. He hasn't even glanced our way as he comes in, "Hey, May."

Dumping his backpack and DVD player on the table, he makes his way to the kitchen as Aunt May calls out, "Hey, how was school today?

"It was okay, Lexi is still not talking to me." He murmurs and I feel guilty. Tony raises an eyebrow at me and I mouth for him to shut up. Peter pulls out his headphones and turns to the living room, "Hey, there's this crazy car parked outside-"

He freezes as he takes in the extra people in his living room. His eyes linger on me for a moment too long before his eyes widen at my mentor. Tony fiddles with the piece of loaf in hand, "Oh, Mr Parker."

"Um..." Peter pulls out his the second headphone and looks between myself and Tony, "What are you doing... Hey! Um, I'm Peter."

Tony gestures to himself and smiles with charm, "Tony."

"What're you doing here?" Peter stammers flusteredly and Tony grins, "It's about time we met. Lexi won't shut up about you."

I glare at him and kick him in the shin, too which he frowns at me. Peter takes in the exchange with confusion as Tony continues, "You've been getting my emails right?"

"Yeah, yeah... Regarding the..." He trails off and Aunt May buts in with pride, "You didn't even tell me about the grant."

"The grant." He nods and Tony pipes up with his quick lie, "The September Foundation. Remember when you applied?"

"Yeah..." He trails off and Tony shrugs, "I approved, so now we're in business."

Tony gives him a look to play along when May isn't looking, as he drinks his coffee and Aunt May leans towards him proudly, "But you didn't tell me anything. What's up with that? You keeping secrets from me now?"

"Well, I just know how much you love surprises so I thought I would let you know..." Peter lies quickly, "Anyway, what did I apply for?"

"That's why we're here." I butt in and Tony adds, "To hash it out."

"Okay, Okay. Hash it out, okay." He speaks quickly and Tony looks back to Aunt May, "It's so hard to believe that she's someone's aunt."

She chuckles and blushes, "Yeah, well we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?"

"This walnut date loaf is exceptional." Tony states, gesturing to the food in his hand.

"Let me just stop you there." Peter interrupts and he faces him, "Yeah?"

"Is this grant got money involved or whatever? No?" Peter questions and Tony shrugs, "Yeah, it's pretty well funded. Look who you're talking to."

"Yeah? Wow." Peter whispers.

"Can we have five minutes with him?" Tony asks, turning to Aunt May and she nods her head, "Sure."

I rise to my feet and look to Peter, "Let's go to your room."

"My room?" He questions and I nod as Tony gets up, "Yeah, let's go."

Tony puts the rest of the loaf in his mouth as we make our way down the hallway. I look around the room, realising this is the first time I've been here since I was a child. There's a bunk bed in one corner, with a desk in another corner with old computer parts.

Tony walks in and locks the door behind him before rushing over to the trash can, spitting the loaf into the trash, "As walnut date loaves go, that wasn't bad."

Peter takes him in nervously as he walks over to the corner where his desk is, "Whoa, what have we here? Retro tech, huh? Thrift Store? Salvation Army?"

"Uh, the garbage, actually." Peter corrects and Tony raises an eyebrow, "You're a dumpster diver?"

"Yeah, I was..." He trails off, before shaking his head, "Anyway, look, um, I definitely didn't apply for your grant..."

"Nah-Ah! Me first." Tony interrupts and Peter stutters, "Okay."

"Quick question of the rhetorical variety." He pulls out his phone and pulls up a hologram of one of Spider-Man's video, "That's you, right?"

"Um, no. What do you mean?" Peter lies badly and Tony switches the view, "Um, yeah. Look at you go."

In the video Spider-Man catches a car with webbing, preventing it from hitting a bus. Tony smiles widely, "Wow! Nice catch. 3,000 pounds, 40 miles an hour. That's not easy. You got mad skills."

He tucks his phone away and Peter glances at me nervously before facing Tony, "That's all on YouTube though, right? I mean, thats where you found that. Because you know that's all fake. It's all done on a computer."

"Mm Hmm." Tony murmurs and Peter rambles as he walks to his desk, "It's like that video-"

"Yeah. Oh you mean like UFO's over Phoenix?" Tony questions, playing along.

I glance up at the ceiling and see the man hole, knowing that's where Peter would hide his suit. I grab the end of the broom stick and reach up, knocking the door away. The bundle of red and blue clothing falls, hanging by a rope, "Oh what do we have here?"

Peter dives for it and tackles it into the wardrobe, trying to act casual. Tony walks forward, "So, you're the Spider-ling? Crime fighting spider. You're Spider-boy?"

"Spider-Man." He sighs and Tony scoffs, "Not in that onesie you're not."

"It's not a onesie." Peter states, offended by the statement, "I don't believe this. I was actually having a really good day today, Mr Stark. Didn't miss my train, this perfectly good DVD player was just sitting there... and Algebra test. Nailed it."

"Who else knows? Anybody?" I ask and Peter shakes his head, "Nobody."

"Not even your unusually attractive aunt?" Tony questions and Peter points to the door, "No, no. If she knew, she would freak out. And when she freaks out, I freak out."

Tony begins to fiddle with the suit, pulling out something, "You know what I think is really cool? This webbing."

He tosses it to Peter, who catches it without even looking. I smile as I take in the skill, "That tensile strength is off the charts."

"Who manufactured that?" Tony asks and Peter sighs as he tosses the webbing into his hamper, "I did."

Tony looks down at the suit, "Climbing the walls, how you doing that? Adhesive gloves?"

"It's a long story. I was..." Peter trails off but is distracted when Tony plays with the goggles, "Lordy, can you even see in these?"

"Yes! Yes I can!" Peter growls as Tony holds them to his eyes, "I'm blind!"

Peter snatches the suit and tucks it away in the hamper, "I can see in those. Okay? It's just that when whatever happened, happened... It's like my senses have been dialled to eleven. There's just way too much input, so they kinda help me focus."

"You're in dire need of an upgrade. Systemic, top to bottom, hundred point restoration. That's why we're here." Tony gestures between us.

Peter comes over and takes a seat on the bed beside me as Tony speaks, "Why are you doing this? I gotta know, what's your MO? What gets you out of that twin bed in the morning?"

Peter fiddles with his hands, speaking softly, "Because I've been me my whole life, and I've had these powers for six months. I read books, I build computers. Yeah, I would love to play football, but I couldn't then, so I shouldn't now."

"Sure, cause you're different." Tony states and Peter nods his head, "Exactly. But I can't tell anybody that, so I'm not. Look, when you can do the things that I can, but you don't... And then the bad things happen... They happen because of you."

"So you want to look out for the little guy, you wanna do your part? Make the world a better place, all that, right?" Tony questions.

"Yeah, just looking out for the little guy. That's what it is." He states honestly.

He glances at me and I smile, him getting exactly the reason why I fought for this Stark Internship. Tony gets up walks over the bed, gesturing to the other side of Peter, "I'm gonna sit here, so you move the leg."

Peter shuffles closer, his thigh pressing up against mine. It ignites the spark of butterflies in my stomach, but I push it aside. Tony reaches and pats his back, "You got a passport?"

"No, I don't even have a driver's licence." Peter states and Tony smiles, "You ever been to Germany?"

"No." He states in confusion and Tony grins as he rises to his feet, "Oh you'll love it."

"I can't go to Germany." Peter argues, standing up and Tony frowns, "Why?"

"I got homework." Peter states lamely and I chuckle to myself as Tony's face falls, "I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that."

"I'm being serious, I can't just drop out of school." Peter argues harder and Tony reaches for the doorknob, "Might be a little dangerous. Better tell Aunt Hottie I'm taking you in a field trip."

Peter shoots a web out of a contraption in his wrist, sticking Tony's hand to the door knob. Her points at Tony and growls, "Don't tell Aunt May."

"All right Spider-Man." Tony smiles in awe before gesturing to his hand, "Get me out of this."

"Sorry." Peter says rushing over to his desk.

A smile covers my face and I lock eyes with Tony, who gives me a wink. Sure this will be scary, but I trust that man with my life. And believe it or not, same with Peter. This will work out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 4K 17
Brook Stark was born famous from the very start! With complications between Pepper and Tony, Brook is left with her father. With such a hot target on...
10.4K 230 80
Talia James fell from the sky. Literally. After falling through the wormhole during the Battle of New York in 2012, the Avengers had to take her in...
24.6K 659 56
"I AM IRONMAN" "You can take away my suits, you can take away my home, but there's one thing you can never take away from me: I AM IRON MAN." " I sh...
1.1M 26.2K 33
"I just want to protect you," Peter told me. *slowburn* Y/N Stark is the daughter of Tony Stark. When she finally convinces him to go to a real schoo...