Chapter 10 - Homecoming

It's been a week since the ferry accident and I've been stuck in a depression stupor. My foster parents demanded to know why I lost the internship, but I didn't have the heart to tell them the truth. They'd be disappointed in me too, and seeing it in Tony's face was enough for a life time.

When I'm at school, I pretend Peter doesn't exist. MJ and I don't sit in the cafeteria anymore, instead opting to sit together in the library. She's asked what happened between us, but I told her I don't want to talk about it. I go through the motions of everything, but I feel like I'm not really there anymore. After all what's the point?

It's the end of school and I'm walking towards the train station when the familiar silver paint job of Flash's car pulls up beside me, "Hey Lexi."

"Hey Flash." I murmur, walking along.

He drives along easily beside me, "So I was wondering, did you want to come to homecoming with me?"

I frown and look at him, "I'm sorry, what?"

"Homecoming, it's this weekend." He states and I roll my eyes, "Yeah, I know Flash. I wasn't planning on going."

"Why? Is it because Penis Parker is going with Liz?" He questions and I stop, turning my eyes to him, "What?"

"Yeah, she told me today. Seemed real excited about it, don't know why." He mutters.

I stare at him in shock, a wave of hurt going through me. It's like Peter doesn't care about what happened between us, how much he hurt me. Like my feelings mean nothing to him.

Flash sighs, "I know that you like Parker, I mean everyone knows but him. But he's already taken, so you might as well go with me. It'll be fun, plus it's a bonus that it will piss him off."

I go to say no, but stop myself. Why should I be considerate of his feelings when he obviously doesn't care about mine? Why should I miss out on homecoming because of him? Though it's petty, Flash does have a point. It will piss off Peter.

"Okay, you can take me to homecoming." I state, before holding a finger, "But I swear if you try and wrap your arm around my waist, I will break your fingers."

He chuckles before nodding his head, "Deal. I'll pick you up at six. Text me your address."

"Okay, see you then Lexi." He says before driving away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vanessa and I sit in the food court of the mall, shopping bags around our ankles. She insisted on taking me dress shopping, saying that she's always dreamed of doing this with her daughter. I tried on so many until I found one that didn't flaunt my scars too much.

"So, tell me why you and Peter aren't going to the dance together?" Vanessa asks, taking a sip of her milkshake.

I tense up as I eat my fry, her continuing on her spiel, "I know you don't like Flash. But I thought you and Peter were close?"

"Well, we aren't anymore." I state, my tone signalling that I want to drop the subject.

"Whatever you're fighting about, I'm sure you can get over it." She says encouragingly, but I shake my head, "I don't really want to talk about this right now, Ness."

"Okay, all right." She says, holding her hands up defensively, "I just think you guys have too much history to throw it away over a fight. Peter's a really nice boy and I know how much you like him."