Chapter 11 - A Normal Life

"Would you rather have to be stuck in a elevator with Flash or with Coach Wilson and his bad B.O?" MJ asks, looking between our little group.

We are in the cafeteria at lunch time, our food mostly eaten. Ned and MJ sit on the other side of the table while I sit between Peter's legs, my back resting against his chest. His arms are wrapped loosely around my waist, our fingers interacted on my thigh.

"Coach Wilson, easy." Ned states immediately and Peter nods, "Yeah, that wasn't a very hard question."

"Lexi?" MJ asks, turning and looking towards me.

"Does anyone remember that last time I got stuck in an elevator with Flash, I nearly died?" I ask and MJ intakes a sharp breath, "Oh yeah, that's triggering."

"Thank god Spider-Man was there though." Ned states and I smile fondly, squeezing Peter's hand tightly, "Yeah, thank god for that."

Peter's thumb runs over my knuckles and MJ's eyes widen as she points at me, "And you got to make out with him, which was like a bonus."

Ned smiles knowingly as MJ goes on, "Gotta ask, who's the better kisser?"

"I'd be interested to know." Peter states cheekily.

"Well Spider-Man had on a mask, which kinda made the kissing a little awkward. But it was pretty romantic." I answer and Peter frowns down at me, "Hey, I'm romantic."

"Of course you are." I state, tilting my head up to look at him. He smiles and leans down, pressing his lips to mine and both Ned and MJ cry out in disgust.

"Gross!" Ned calls out and MJ fake gags, "Too much PDA."

Peter and I pull apart and I mutter, "Shut up."

The bell sounds off and I reluctantly pull away from my comfortable position against my boyfriend's chest. We gather all of our things before grabbing our trays, emptying the trash and putting them on the ever growing pile of the other students dishes.

MJ and I are about to head into our History class, while Peter and Ned have calculus on the other side of the school. But as usual, Peter walks me to class faithfully, our hands intertwined. We always get strange looks from our peers, but I've learnt to ignore them over the years. When you sometimes walk around with a cane, you get used to the peering eyes of your fellow classmates.

It's been six weeks since the incident with the Vulture, and he's been convicted to twenty years in jail. No one has heard from Liz since she moved, deleting her accounts and all traces on social media. I feel sorry for her, not wanting to imagine what she is feeling right now.

Tony and I have kept t in contact through my internship, him sending me the newest phone after he saw mine was cracked in the accident. It's been nice to reconnect with him, though I don't see him that much since the facility has been moved upstate.

He sent us back our original suits, telling us that we need to use them wisely. I don't use mine that often, it being hidden in a shoebox under my bed. But Peter uses his nightly which keeps me awake until I hear from him that he's okay.

I'm still grounded from my expedition on homecoming night, meaning that I don't get to go out much anymore. Peter has been allowed to come over on the rare occasion Mark isn't home and Vanessa is feeling generous. They said my grounding ends when the cast comes off, which thankfully is this afternoon.

We come to a stop outside the classroom and MJ heads in, securing our seats towards the back. I turn to Peter and smile sweetly at him, wrapping my arms around his waist, "I'm heading off to the doctor's straight after school, so I most likely will only see you later tonight."