Chapter 13 - Field Trip

Fingers are intertwined through mine, providing warmth and comfort as we get off the train and go to school. It's the Monday after Peter's big birthday weekend, his party being Friday and the concert on the Saturday. We had the most incredible time and I almost died when we got to meet Brendon Urie.

I know it's supposed to feel like a normal school day, but everything has changed over the one weekend. Today we are going on a field trip to the Museum of Modern Art, which all four of us are going on. I haven't spoken to MJ since the party and yesterday after the concert, but I haven't told her about what happened between Peter and I.

We soon arrive at school and make our way over the bus where everyone is lining up to get on. Peter and I make our way over to MJ and Ned, who are busy talking amongst themselves. As we get closer, Ned looks up and sighs, "Finally."

"What took you guys so long?" MJ asks and Peter and I exchanged a look.

We both slept through the alarm today, and were woken up by Vanessa banging on the door. Peter quickly got dressed and snuck out of the room back to his apartment, putting us behind. I had a quick shower and threw on some clothes before rushing out to meet him with two bananas.

"I slept through my alarm." Peter explains quickly and I nod my head, "Yeah, and I forgot to set one for today."

"You never do that." MJ states with a raised eyebrow and I shrug my shoulders, "There's a first time for everything."

"All right everyone, let's get on the bus!" Mrs Taylor calls out, drawing all of our attention.

Everyone lines up for the bus and I turn to Peter, "I'm gonna sit with MJ today, okay?"

"Okay." He nods quickly before pecking my lips. I smile at the kiss before pulling away, linking my arm through MJ's. She scoffs and rolls her eyes, "You guys are gross."

"Shut up." I chuckle, the two of us climbing on after Ned and Peter.

Peter and Ned take a seat three rows in front of one towards the back, where MJ and I go. She scoots across to the window while I sit by the aisle. We settle in, resting our knees against the back of the chair and slumping down comfortably. The teacher goes through the role before we head off to the museum.

As we pull out of the school, MJ turns to me, "So you guys had an awesome time at the concert?"

I nod my head and I pull out my phone, "The absolute best. We even got a picture with Brendon."

I reveal my background picture, which is a picture of Peter and I beaming like crazy between as shirtless Brendon. He put on an absolutely fantastic show and we were both in awe of his performance.

"I'm so jealous. I guess being Tony Stark's intern comes with its perks." She states and I chuckle, "It sure does."

I bite my lip and she glances up at me, raising an eyebrow, "What?"

"I have to tell you something. But you have to promise not to freak out and yell out like you did when I told you that Peter liked me." I state, looking at her seriously.

She nods her head and I glance around before leaning closer and whispering, "I had sex with Peter."

Her eyes widen and she yells out, "What?"

Everyone's eyes on the bus turn towards us and I blush profusely. Peter looks at me quizzically from his spot beside Ned and I smile before turning and hissing at her, "What did I just say?"

"I'm sorry!" She cries out before lowering her voice, "But what am I supposed to say when my best friend just lost her virginity?"

"I don't know, but probably not draw everyone's attention." I mutter and she looks at me in shock, "I cannot believe that you had sex with Peter. Did you guys plan it?"