Chapter 24 - One Shot

We all scream out and charge forward towards Thanos' army with a new sense of purpose. Thanos smiles before waving his hand, his forces charging right for us. I jump into the air and land on one of the creatures, blasting it in the face. It's head explodes and I run forward, grappling with another creature.

It knocks me down, it's teeth snapping for my neck but I draw on the power of lightening. It blasts it's back and it spasms before rolling off of me. One by one they come for me and I take them down. My heart pounds and my body aches, but I know I can't slow down now. We only just got them back, I'm not going to lose them to Thanos another time.

I run forward and see a group crowding around me, ready to attack. Then suddenly something flies towards me in time and I see it's Thor's axe. I snatch it up through the air and grasp the wooden handle. Using the momentum, I swing it in a circle and decapitate the monsters surrounding me. Their bodies slump and I turn to Thor, who stares at me with wide eyes and I toss him the axe, "Catch."

He takes hold of it and we turn, seeing fifty or so more creatures running our way. We both draw on our power before leaping into the air, landing on the ground. It creates a surge of energy, which kills all creatures in a fifty foot radius of us. I turn and fly off, going to fight more creatures.

One comes for me and I blast it easily, taking it's head off. Staying up the sky, I draw on the power and shoot strikes of lightening in different directions, careful not hit those on our team. Then suddenly explosions sound and I'm blasted from the sky. I fall to the ground and create a crater as I hit the Earth's surface.

I cough and sit up, pushing myself weakly to my feet. People fight all around me, some of our new comrades falling while others bravely destroy our enemies. I push myself up into the air, going to draw on the power of the sky once more when I still at the sight below me.

On the ground underneath me, I see Tony hugging onto a red and blue figure. The person hugs him back just as passionately and I don't even need to think about who it is. I could never forget.

I land on the ground behind them and Tony looks towards me with tears in his eyes. My heart stops beating and I feel like all breath has been knocked out of me. My whole body is shaking as my eyes remain locked on the back of his head.

Tony murmurs something and pulls back, allowing the figure to turn around. I remove my helmet as tears fill me eyes. Peter stands there before me, confusion written on his face as he takes me in, "Lexi?"

He looks just as perfect as when I last saw him, still so youthful and vibrant. He's who I have been waiting for these last five years, who I think of every night before I go to sleep and who I think of when I wake up in the morning.

My legs run of their own accord and I crash into his body, tackling him into a hug. My lips go crashing to his and I close my eyes. His hands grip onto my body, holding me tightly as he returns my kiss. I pour everything I've felt the last five years into it, tears streaming down my cheeks.

Eventually we pull back and I look at him, scared that this is a dream. But I feel his body against mine, see his eyes looking at me with love and confusion. He's here.

"You look older." He states quizzically as he wipes away my tears and I chuckle, leaning into his hands, "Five years will do that to you, Peter."

His eyes widen, his hands clutching at my waist, "I've been gone five years?"

"Five very long years, my love." I whisper, cradling his face in my hands.

Unable to help myself, I close my eyes and kiss him again. He pulls me tightly against him, but I soon hear a screeching noise. I pull away from him and turn, seeing a hoard of monsters coming for us. I pull away from him and push him down, gathering up the lightening and throwing it down at them. They all scream up before exploding, bodies littering the Earth.