Chapter 14 - I Have A Feeling We Arent In Kansas Anymore

I try my best to remain calm, but that's hard to do when you're flying through outer space. We are in, what I'm assuming is, the main room of the space ship. Strange is being held upside down, with these giant icicle like needles surrounding his whole body. I don't know what Doctor Strange has done, but Tony said that we needed to protect him.

"What're are you doing to him?" I demand, hoping to distract him from whatever torture he is about to inflict on the man who saved my life.

"You shouldn't be here girl." He says in a nasty, deep voice, "You're lucky I don't kill you on the spot."

"Why didn't you?" I ask, my tone challenging as he turns around looking at me like I am a piece of garbage, "I still might."

He closes his fist and the metal that encases me constricts tighter, cutting off my air supply and making it harder for me to breath. A sinister smile comes over it's face, enjoying my pain. But soon there is a murmuring from Doctor Strange, and the creature turns away from me to face him.

Strange's eyes open as he wakes up and he looks around, firstly taking in the giant needles around him. Then his eyes drift from the creature keeping us captured and then to me. He looks at me for a long moment before recognition comes over his face, "Lexi...?"

"In all the time I served Thanos... I have never failed him." The creature states, walking towards Strange. I instantly recognise the name, due to the honestly between Tony and I. This is someone that has plagued him for years, fuelled his nightmares.

"If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan with the Time Stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person, there would be judgement." The creature explains, waving his hand.

The needles start to push into Strange's skin and I struggle against my confines as he grunts in pain. The creature looks down menacingly, "Give me the stone."

The necklace on Strange's chest begins glowing as the needles push in even further and he cries out in agonising pain.

"Stop it!" I yell and the creature waves his hand, causing the metal to constrict so tightly that I'm gasping in pain and for much needed breath.

"Painful, aren't they?" The creature queries, gesturing to the needles, "They were originally designed for microsurgery. And any one of them..."

A thud comes from behind us and I try to look back, but I can't see anything.The creature turns around and looks behind me, "... could end your friend's life in an instant."

"I gotta tell you, he's not really my friend. Saving his life is more of a professional courtesy." Tony's voice filters through behind me and relief comes over me.

The creature walks forward, "You've saved nothing. Your powers are inconsequential compared to mine."

"Yeah, but the kid's seen more movies." Tony states.

He blasts his booster to the side and a hole is ripped into the wall of the space ship. The vacuum suctions sucks me forward and I go hurtling towards the hole. But a hand catches me, holding me tightly against his chest. I look up and see Tony flying us away and settling me down off to the side.

My eyes turn and take in Peter catching Strange before he is sucked out of the ship. These metal legs coming out of the back of his suit, the suit Tony offered him months ago. Using the legs, he pushes himself back in and Tony rushes over and uses nano tech to fix the hole in the wall.

Once the vacuum disappears, he rushes back over to me as I am still being crushed by the metal that cocoons me. Using his booster, he cuts open the metal, being careful of my skin. It soon falls away and I gasp for air, coughing and spluttering. Tony kneels down and places a hand on my shoulder, pulling me in for a hug, "Hey, I got you. I got you."