Chapter 4 - Berlin, Germany

"Alright, now you behave!" Mark states, beaming with pride.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, because he is proud of me for everything, including brushing my teeth. But I love him, so I'm happy to deal with it. Vanessa tugs at my jacket, "Wear sunscreen, drink lots of water-"

"It's just a weekend. I'll be fine." I state, though a pang of nervousness settles in my stomach.

She sighs and nods her head, "I know."

There's a knock at the door and Mark walks over, opening it up to reveal Happy. He smiles and holds his hand out, "Mark."

"Happy, come in!" My foster father calls out, but Happy shakes his head, "As much as I would love too, we gotta get going. Mr Stark has strict instructions."

"Okay." Mark says, grabbing my bag, but Happy takes it off of him, "I got it."

"Ready to go, Lexi?" He asks, turning to me and I nod my head, "Ready as you are."

He chuckles and I turn, placing a kiss on both of my foster parents' cheeks, "I love you both."

"We love you too." Vanessa says, hugging me tightly. Mark joins in with the group hug and whispers, "Have fun."

"I will." I murmur before we pull apart.

I turn and make my way out after Happy, seeing Peter coming over with his duffel bag. We turn and make our way down to the elevator, both Aunt May and my foster parents waving us goodbye from my front door.

We step in and I give them all a quick wave, which they reply hastily. Aunt May blows a kiss to Peter as the doors shut, leading us away from them. We soon make our way to the bottom floor and out to the car. Peter and I don't say a word to each other, to be honest I'm not really sure what to say.

Before we know it we are on a private jet and in the air. Happy is passed out in the corner of the plane, his snores echoing around the aircraft. Peter is playing on his phone while I'm digging through the mini bar. There's quite a lot of alcohol, which doesn't surprise me with Mr Stark.

I grab out a packet of M&M's and a can of coke and go to shut the fridge, when I turn and look back at Peter. Deciding that going into this mission, we shouldn't be fighting. I grab another can and packet before kicking the door shut. Making my way over towards him, I take a seat in the chair opposite him, dumping the packet of chocolate and soda into his lap.

"Thanks." He murmurs, giving me a tight smile.

"It's okay." I state, reaching up and tearing the packet open with my teeth.

I grab a couple of pieces before tossing them into my mouth and looking out the window. It's silent between us for a long moment before I turn and glance at him. He chews on his bottom lip as he stares out the window, no doubt just as nervous as I am.

"I'm sorry." I state, earning his attention away from the window.

My fingers play together as I speak, "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings by ignoring you. I just figured that since you kept it a secret, you wouldn't be happy knowing I found out. In hindsight it was a stupid plan, but I knew if I saw you I'd blab it out to you."

He's quiet for a long time before he speaks, "How did you find out?"

I let out a chortle as I play with the packet, "I uh, saw you swing into our building and then climb into your window."

"Damn it." He mutters and I nudge his foot with mine, "It's okay. I didn't tell anybody."

"I know, and I really appreciate that. That and the fact you didn't want to stress me out by telling me you knew. It just hurt you know to think you were avoiding me." He states and I nod my head, "Yeah, I hated avoiding you too. Didn't feel right going to school without you by my side."