[EDITING] Truth or Dare // ND...

By Miuchii_Writes

[BOOK 1] [INCOMPLETE] •| ⊱✿⊰ |• While... More

Kind Note
About This Story
[Half Edited] Chapter 1; Anime Girl Who-?
[Not edited] Chapter 2
[Not edited] Chapter 3
[Not edited] Chapter 4
[Not editing] Chapter 5
[Not edited] Chapter 6
[Not Edited] Chapter 7
[Not edited] Chapter 8
[Not edited] Chapter 9
[Not edited] Chapter 10
[Not edited] Chapter 11
[Not edited] Chapter 12
[Not edited] Chapter 13
[Not edited] Chapter 14
[Not edited] Valentines Day Special
[Not edited] Easter Special
[Not edited] Pride Month Special
[Not edited] Birthday Special (Kokichi)
50 Followers Special (;w;)
100 Follower Special (QnA)

Prologue

8.2K 198 905
By Miuchii_Writes

╭──〔❨✧✧❩〕──╮

Warning(s):
Angsty, Mention of death

╰──〔❨✧✧❩〕──╯

Tokyo. A large city often filled with a massive crowd. It was the capital of Japan, and was one of the largest cities known in the country. From an ultramodern appearance (based on the skyscrapers) to traditional Japanese temples, there was something for everyone to participate in within the busy atmosphere. There was also a seemingly unlimited choice in activities such as shopping, dining, entertainment, and culture (not really an activity, just something that helped the country stand out). It contained a large population of both the Japanese and foreigners who simply loved the country for many reasons, one being the culture. One of the known places within Tokyo was Akihabara, the centre for otaku and electronic goods. In summary, there was something for everyone to do in there.

At night, the city often glowed a wide range of vibrant colours lights (they were very bright, ranging from yellow to blue and even to purple), radiating (the source of lights) from the stores and bars which remained open to serve at night. The alleyways also stood out in the beauty of the night. Signs would be all over the place as people navigated in the night as they attempted to keep themselves busy within that darkness. It was a beauty to behold, honestly. Not to mention busy 24/7.

However, that's enough talk about the city, let's get to the major attraction of Tokyo.

That's right, the main attraction of the grand city of Tokyo was the prestigious school known as Hopes Peak Academy. Founded by the ultimate genius known as Izuru Kamukura in 1936, it's legacies lived on to the current modern period.

Located at the centre of the large city, it was rather difficult to have missed such a large infrastructure. It was funded by the Government themselves. Thanks to that, certain students weren't bound to the idea of having to pay tuition fees. However, since it was a school for the best of the best, known as either Ultimate or Super High School Level, it was almost impossible to get in. It was often said that those who do attend the school, it guaranteed success to those very students after graduation. It consisted of Main Course students (where the ultimates studied), Reserve Course students (that's right, a normal student was able to attend the school, however the tuition fees were ridiculously expensive), and buildings within the Academy which was suitable for everyone's talents.

Hopes Peak used the money that they gained from the tuition fees to work on a project known as the Izuru Kamukura Project. The former staff at the Academy wanted to manufacture the genuis by messing with the human brain. An unethical project, the staff located it's lab in the basement in order to condone these experiments. They used the students straight from the Reserve Course to do so. Of course they would have kept such information confidential; risk of exposure could cause a scandal and distrust in the Academy.

Eventually, the Government (along with the students, from all classes at the time) found out about the occurring experiments based upon this project, resulting in many protests. The Reserve Course were fighting for their human rights and to give them justice. Main Course were fighting to stop the unethical experiments. Student Council led a march around the campus to emphasize the students' views. Havoc, it was.

To top it all off, two students have attempted a terrorist attack on the school; in the name of despair. They were found out, by the former staff. This was as a result of an investigation going on into discovering more about the project, but accidentally overheard the girls mentioning a terrorist attack, and their plans. Of course, it was dealt with accordingly (police had to get involved), with the co leaders being arrested. The girls were known as the Despair Sisters; Junko Enoshima and Mukuro Ikusaba. When the sentences were given to them both, Mukuro got the lucky out of the two, with a shorter sentence consisting of seven years. Junko, on the other hand, was sentenced to fifteen years in prison for being the mastermind of their plan. Thus, saving the school from terrorism. Yet, their situation was far from over.

Politicians and the Prime Minister of Japan threatened to cut their funding to the Academy if they didn't end their experimentation and the project altogether. Thus, the project came to an end, and the Reserve Course didn't need to pay ridiculous tuition fees. All the students had ended their protests as a result of gaining what they wanted out of the situation. It became more equal as a result of the protests, with Reserve Course students being able to go to the Main Course building, and meet the Ultimates. All the students were happy.

As for the former staff, they were forced to retire or quit their job as a result of the scandals that surrounded them. With no staff to fill in, the 78th class took the position and became the new staff members of the Academy. The new Headmaster of the Academy was Makoto Naegi, along with the vice president being Kyoko Kirigiri. The others filled in with teaching jobs for different subjects and areas. Yasuhiro Hagakure stuck around in the Reserve Course, with Hifumi Yamada and Leon Kuwata.

They were assisted by the 77-B class, as they filled in areas that they may not have been able to fill in.

Thanks to that, they led the Academy back to it's former glory.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Within the outskirts of the city, a great number of apartment complexes were found, containing residents that could only afford to live in them by paying rent. The apartments themselves weren't very large, often containing one to two bedrooms, and costed a huge deal unless you chose to rent them. It was difficult to live by, especially in a city like Tokyo. Yet, the people lived on, continuing on with their daily lives like it was normal to them, which it was. In one of those complexes, lived a certain purple haired boy, who lived off the inheritance of his parents, as well as montly money from child services. The complexes happened to not be very far from Hopes Peak, so it wasn't a massive issue.

The apartment complex that he happened to live on was about four storeys tall, each floor containing about four small apartments. The grape boy's apartment was located on the second floor, with the number "six" written on his white door. Obviously, there was a landlord, who was picky about ensuring the apartments remained the same and untouched. If anyone wanted changes (such as placing a new door), they had to ask the landlord for permission. They always answered "No", yet the residents made those changes anyway. The grape boy was no exception, having made the most dramatic changes to his apartment. This included: painting on his front door (like a chessboard, he was a sucker for checker patterns) and removing the carpet floor, solely to replace it with wooden panels.

If only they could see me now, they'd definitely be proud of me, I just wish they were here now.

A thought that often visited the poor boy's mind, as visited his parents graves. It's already been twelve years since they died, and he still missed them greatly. In honestly, he didn't remember much about them. However, according to his memories, they were loving parents, who loved him with all his heart. He remembered insanely crying upon discovering that they died. That they'll never come back to him. It'll obviously have made any child upset if they heard from a stranger that your parents are dead and they're not coming back.

What he did know, however, is that he'd hold on to the love that they gave him.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Clothes, multiple exercise books and papers were scattered everywhere in the area, like autumn leaves on a cold day. Although the colour scheme which the clothes presented were nothing more than just a mixture of white, black and purple, one particular item stood out the most, that being a scarf. The scarf had a black and white checkered pattern, and while it may not be anything unique, it was a significant accessory to a certain person, that being a panta-loving male.

He always wore that scarf, always. It was a gift given to him by his parents -- just before they died, leaving the boy all alone. They were celebrating his birthday at the time, his mother gently put the scarf on his gentle neck. Afterwards, to simply put it, both were shot to death. Of course, as he was not the appropriate age to be living on his own at the time, so he was sent to an orphanage to live there. That was until he, being the stubborn human being that he was, managed to convince them to let him go and live on his own by the time he was sixteen years old. As he suspected, child services and social services were against the idea, but eventually gave him a chance and here he was, living in an apartment near Hope's Peak Academy on his own.

As the male slowly began to pick up all the clothing that was scattered on the floor, he stared at the scarf for a moment, tears rolling down his face subconsciously as all the memories came back in a rush. There were many things that the Supreme Leader hated about himself: one of them being that he believed that he was emotionally and physically weak. It didn't help the fact that he was underweight and completely, utterly alone. He hated the feeling of loneliness. He longed to find someone to win over his heart, someone who could make him no longer feel alone. Despite his wishes, he knew full too well that this wasn't going to happen.

He knew this because everyone at Hope's Peak Academy hated him with all their being; one of them in particular being none other than Kaito Momota, the Ultimate Astronaut. While most people hated him due to him being a lying piece of shit, Kaito's reasoning was due to the way that the Supreme Leader mocked and teased others. This always annoyed the astronaut without any fails, which often lead to other receiving multiple punches to the face -- sometimes to the chest, back or even arms and legs; resulting in bruises. While the Supreme Leader was used to the treatment, it still hurt him; to think that someone who treats others with such kindness is capable of treating someone they consider as terrible people with no respect whatsoever.

For a while, he believed that all people were the same. That all of them treated people like him as if they were nothing more than trash. He often blamed himself for this -- all of those times which he wore the very same mask in front of everyone, made all of them hate him, yet he didn't do anything wrong.

He shook his head back to the reality before him, as he continued to pick up the clothing and exercise books that were on the floor until his room was immaculate. Once he had made sure that he picked up everything, he made the decision to throw the exercise books back on the floor. Not bothering to pick them up this time, he rushed towards his bed and threw himself on it, laying down in absolute silence, as multiple thoughts crawled their way into his mind.

I hope the other members of D.I.C.E are doing okay, who am I kidding? I left them in capable hands so they should be fine, but still, I'm worried about them...

After what seemed like hours of laying on the bed, as well as staring at the plain white ceiling as if it was something special, he turned his head, looking at a framed photograph on his bedside table. The photograph was of himself and his organization's members. He gave a genuine smile to it, as he remembered a memory which had a connection to the photo. Eventually, he sat up on his bed, made a rather over-dramatic pose using his hands, as he spoke out the following, using a tone which indicated malice, but at the same time something sweet.

"Nishishishi~ I. Kokichi Ouma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader, and the Leader of D.I.C.E, I vow to not kill nor commit any abusive crimes. I also vow to not fall in love with anyone, as it's better to be independent than to feel heartbroken."

Little did the poor purple haired knew, one of the vows he made was broken.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

In contrast to the poor that lived in the outskirts, there were the rich who lived in luxury estates in the city. More often than not, the people who were rich enough to live in such estates and ways were businessmen, lawyers, detectives, politicians, and such. It wasn't too difficult to come across those kinds of people, as they often showed off their riches to the working class. Shuichi's uncle was no exception to that area; a detective himself. He was often caught mocking the poor and considered those who are rich as the superior beings. Social Darwinism. Despite such delusional beliefs, nobody argued since they were in no position to do so.

A navy-blue haired boy didn't always live with his uncle. He used to live with his parents, before, to put it bluntly, decided that they didn't want to look after a child. They gave the responsibility to his rich uncle. He was about ten years old at the time, so the memory is still attached to his mind. His uncle did love him with all his heart, that much was known. However, he often put pressure on the anxiety filled teenager without realizing he was. All those discussions about his future and the boy's detective career resulted in the perfectionist trait. He always kept stuff organised, and often helped his uncle when it came to cooking and house chores, as his uncle was hopeless in the area. The boy was happy, he wouldn't trade this to move back to his parents. They chose to abandon him, so he wanted nothing to do with them.

Mum, dad, why did you give me away to my uncle? Was I not good enough for you?

A common thought. It was almost too common.

Their estate wasn't grand, yet it wasn't exactly petit either. It contained about two storyes and five bedrooms. Every wall in the building was white, with every floor filled with a variety of wooden panels. Luxury black and white furniture was commonly seen in the living room. The ultimate detective didn't wish for any expensive items in his room, being more than happy to have normal furniture. Having two bookshelves due to his love for reading, arguably his room was more like a library rather than actual room to live in.

What the detective did know, however, is that he'd hold on to the love his uncle gave him.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Every book, exercise books and clothing were organized in a phenomenal fashion. Nothing, literally nothing, was out of place. Not at all. While everything indeed was immaculate and properly organised, the one thing that stood out the most was an adorable bunny plushie, of which the colour scheme was a rather simple mixture of pastel pink and white. It was an Usami plushie, a popular mascot of Hopes Peak Academy. The plushie itself reminded a certain male, who always wore the very same black hat, of none other than his crush -- Kaede Akamastu, the Ultimate Pianist.

The qualities that he adored about the pianist were her optimism, the way that she'd be able to help the teach reach a compromise despite having many disagreements. He also adored the fact that she was selfless, kind, and a forgiving person. In his eyes, she was the most amazing person to have ever existed in the planet, as she never failed to share those qualities with everyone and make their days better. Little did he know, however, anything about her which had to do with flaws. She, in general, appeared to be a person without a flaw, an angel. He also admired her for the confidence that she has, which he knows full too well that he'll never have.

He stared at the plushie for a moment before he smiled in a genuine manner. The plushie came from an amusement park which both himself and Kaede went to during the summer break. He had won the small plushie from an arcade game. Of course, at first, he had offered it to the pianist; yet she seemed to be content and happy, which had then resulted with her mentioning something long the lines of,

"It's okay, Shuichi, you keep it, after all, you did win that fair and square..."

Honestly, at first, he felt a little guilty that he kept it just like that, but after realizing that the plushie gave some incredible memories of that day, the guilt washed away like the sea washes the sand. He had also spent time with Kaito and Maki during the summer break, although it was just mainly them two talking and the detective observing his surroundings and the situation he was currently in.

As he walked around the room, making sure that he hadn't missed anything, he glanced at a photograph of the class, while doing so looking at one person in particular, Kokichi Ouma. He didn't know what it was, yet something had made him captivated and interested about the panta-loving boy. He wanted to get to know him better, see beneath his lies, and see him for...

What he truly was. No mask. No nothing.

Indeed he was aware that everyone in the class hated his guts. He had to admit that he himself had despised him at some point, yet he also considered him to be so adorable that he couldn't bring himself to do so.

Wait...Did I just think that Kokichi is adorable?

He could feel his face lightly heat up at the thought. He immediately brushed it off, presuming it was nothing. He concluses that it was just a fragment of imagination messing with his mind.

Okay that isn't important, I like- no, I love Kaede, now I have to focus on finding the perfect time to confess to her.

He mentally agreed with himself as he began to think of multiple ways of which he would confess, all of which were something that was so out of character for him, so there was no good reason to do any of them. Eventually, he gave up trying as he realised that the chances of him even trying to confess to her, were rather slim. Almost impossible.

After ending up being stood in the middle of the room, he looked around to make sure that nobody was in sight, and began to speak out the following words to himself, in a way which it'd sound like he was making a promise to himself.

"I, Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective, p-promise to tell K-Kaede how I feel..."

Little did he know, that Kaede's heart, had fallen for another.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.1K 1.7K 23
【❀;⁕「★。+゚☆゚+。★| ★。+゚♡゚ +。★」;⁕❀】 - DISCLAIMER: -THE COVER ART IS NOT MADE BY ME. IT IS MADE BY IT'S PROPER CREATOR. -The characters will be OOC. - ⌦:...
68.1K 1.9K 21
⚠️ Warnings ⚠️ -child neglect -bullying -homophobia -dark thoughts -anxiety -ED -abuse -intrusive thoughts? -swearing(canon language) {non-desp...
17.4K 542 15
𝕐𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕊𝕙𝕦𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕚 𝕩 𝕂𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕚 𝕩 𝕐𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕖 ℝ𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕠 "𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑒𝓃𝒹 𝓊𝓅 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒶 𝒻𝑒𝓌... 𝒮𝒸𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽...
12.9K 377 9
Saihara has wanted to be friends with Ouma for a long time but the rumors spread about him by Akamatsu have prevented him from becoming close with an...