[Not edited] Chapter 11

–—————––

A/N: After being absent for ages, I finally started to write again! And even better, to make up for it, I'm going to write everyday with the time I have left simply to make up for it. This includes specials that weren't released on time. I'm also considering writing a sequel to this, but with a different main ship. What do you think about it? Let me know by commenting.

Warning(s): Cringey (Probably),  Might be cute.

–—————––

Kirumi being, well Kirumi, she was just sweeping the floors of the school. She usually does this after school hours since in Hope's  Peak no one really bothers to clean the school at all. It was a sad reality, but that's the case.

As Kirumi was cleaning a window in the hallway, she noticed her teacher make their way to the headmasters office. She was surprised, to say the least, so she decided to follow him.

Making sure that he doesn't notice her, the maid walked quietly along the hallway against the wall, as she watched him go in the headmasters office. Once Kirumi got close enough to be of hearing range, she hid behind the door that was left open.

"You really are a cute idiot, Makoto."

"B-Byakuya, s-stop teasing me!"

"I would, but that would take out the fun in teasing you."

"B-but-"

She tried to comprehend what she was hearing, from both her headmaster and from her teacher. Unfortunately, in her mind, the fact that her teacher was being flirty to someone was a Christmas miracle. Her teacher would never be nice to anyone, not in a million years. Not even if you paid him all the money in the world.

They're dating?

That was one of the possibilities that crossed through her mind. An unlikely scenario, but it was possible. To confirm or deny the scenario, the maid knocked on the door gently. Afterwards, she waited patiently until she was given permission to enter.

The sound of the knock was heard from both Makoto Naegi (the headmaster) and Byakuya Togami (the teacher). Whilst the shock and fear was evident on Makoto's face, Byakuya's panic was more internal. The blonde haired pulled away from the embrace. This gave both males time to compose themselves before doing anything.

"Come in!" Makoto formally replied to the knock, slightly quicker than he should.

Kirumi entered the office in silence, bowing politely to both staff as a sign of respect towards them.

"I sincerely apologise for disturbing you, but I came here to clean the office, if that's alright with you sir."

"Oh, of course, just be careful!"

Silence swept the room as the maid dusted the shelves. Nobody spoke a word at all. It was an awkward situation for everyone, especially for both staff members present.

"Mr. Naegi, I'm sorry if this is rude of me to ask, but are you and Mr. Togami together, by any chance?"

Upon hearing the question, both Byakuya's and Makoto's blood ran cold. They were both afraid and surprised upon hearing it being asked in the first place.

At that moment, Kirumi had a plan.

–--—

Shuichi was struggling to decide what would be the best thing to wear. Even though the meet up is casual, he still wanted to look presentable for the people he's going to see. That policy especially applied to when it came to meeting up to Kokichi's expectations. Funny enough, his thoughts always trailed back to the supreme leader. No matter how hard the detective tried to get the purple haired away from his mind, he couldn't.

In the end, the navy blue haired boy chose to wear: a black hoodie, white jeans and black trainers. A casual pick, but it was better than nothing, he guessed.

Through all that struggle I ended up going to the lazy route.

Shuichi laughed at how accurate and relatable that has always been. His anxiety seemed to always get the best of him at the most inconvenient time. He took a deep breath, to calm his nerves before he headed out.

After some time, the detective finally walked down the stairs and walked across the decent sized hallway towards the front door.

"I'm going now, goodbye uncle." Shuichi shouted politely, taking one final breath before he opened the front door.

Stepping outside, the detective closed the door behind him (whilst also making sure to lock the doors).  Finally, he put on his favourite emo hat and began to make his way.

He walked along the pathway mostly in silence, thinking about Tenko's invite. If he had to be honest to himself, it didn't really make any sense. As well as this, he didn't understand the purpose or the motive for it. It just all seemed a bit too...

Convenient.

He shook his head, brushing off the idea that this all could be part of some big set up. That possibility seemed rather slim. At least, that was based on the evidence he had.