[Not edited] Chapter 3

–—————––

A/N: I strongly apologise that I haven't been updating this story in such a long time, and unfortunately I won't be able to update much due to exams being in like 2 months, my first being the 10 hour art exam. Yes, I'm probably going to die ;-;. I am hoping that I'll be able to get to the spicey part of the story in this chapter, though I am planning to go rather slow with this so, please don't expect too much ;^; 

Warnings: I'd like to think that it's n/a, however this might make some people very uncomfortable, so read with caution or skip the chapter entirely if you don't like games like Truth or Dare for any reason. Another thing, this also contains the use of alcohol so if you have trauma or simply don't like that stuff, then skip this chapter entirely.

–—————––

"How about a game of truth or dare, Saihara~chan."

Shuichi froze at the suggestion. He knew that nothing good came out of this game, he had heard enough from Kaede and his other classmates to know that.

Yet, here the bold grape boy was, suggesting to play a game of Truth or Dare, just like that.

Like it meant absolutely nothing to him.

At this currently moment in time, all the detective could think about was whether to go along with it or simply refuse politely. Any rational human being with trauma or having heard rumours about such game would have said no the moment they hear the suggestion in a split second.

"E-erm, s-sure, I guess..."

Not Shuichi apparently.

"Yay! Saihara~chan wants to play Truth or Dare with me!" Kokichi Ouma exclaimed, in a such exaggerated tone that it seemed as if this was the best thing to have happened in his life, which (unknown to Shuichi) it was.

The nervousness, which was bottled up, was growing greatly as he realised just what he had agreed to. If he had to be honest, it was mainly his curiosity that had led to this.

You're such as idiot, you should have just said no when you had the chance, you heard about the dare that Kaede got from Miu, she was forced to wear a goddamn bunny suit for a week, for god's sake, you know worse could happen to you! But, of course, you just had to agree to play the game without thinking it through! With THE Kokichi Ouma!

Shuichi's train of thought only worsened as he continued to internally panic, due to the uncertainty of what was going to occur in the next hour that they're going to be there.

"Nishishi~ Since I suggested the game, I'll go first~" the grape boy paused, appearing to be thinking about what question, as well as dare, to say if the outcome would have occurred. In reality though, Kokichi already could tell what Shuichi would pick first, "Truth or Dare?"

"T-t-truth!"

Called it.

The supreme leader thought to himself, a smirk appearing on his face as he correctly guessed the option that the other would go for.

"So, Saihara~chan, do you have a crush on anybody? If so, on who?" Kokichi asked, despite already knowing the answer, he felt like he needed to know for himself, from his beloved Shuichi himself.

"O-oh! Well... I-I d-do actually... On K-Kaede A-Akamatsu..." Shuichi responded quietly, after a few minuted of him mentally debating whether to tell him or not, he eventually gathered up the courage to answer. He found it rather strange however, Kokichi Ouma asking a question about that. Shuichi swore that the panta boy never had any interest in love whatsoever.

Well, he was proven wrong, he presumed.

Kokichi knew it.

He should have expected it. Of course a kind hearted, compassionate, and friendly detective like him could never fall in love with somebody like him. After all, he was nothing but a liar.

His already pale face went blank, demonstrating no emotions at all. It was as if all the will to express even fake happiness was sucked away by the feeling of metaphorical knives stabbing in his poor, fragile heart.

It wasn't fair. Not fair at all.

"Kokichi, Kokichi are you okay?" the detective questioned in a worried manner, as he noticed that the supreme leader had a blank expression for so long it felt rather uncomfortable due to how unusual this sort of behaviour was. The moment that Kokichi realised that he held a blank expression for too long, he immediately smiled, a fake smile, and began acting cheerfully, as if the scene just a moment ago hasn't happened.

"It's your turn now, Shumai, ask me!"

The only thing written in Shuichi's mind was nothing more than pure confusion. He could have swore that the panta boy had that depressed look on his face for a moment there. It was uncertain whether that came from his imagination or if he had actually began expressing an emotion rather than the energetic bubble that he always was.

Maybe he managed to break some of the metaphorical layers that the boy maintains.

"A-alright, t-truth or dare?"

"Oh that's easy! Dare~" he couldn't pick truth after what he had heard from the one he loved himself, so he picked dare to avoid it entirely.

"I-I d-dare you...to...be nice to everyone a day!"

"That's no fun! But anything for you my beloved!" Kokichi's pain worsened each time he looked at Shuichi in the eye, say anything affectionate to him, or even think about him.

Yet, he has to keep the facade going, he can't break down now.

"Okay kids, your detention is over, you better not end up here again, as there's really no point and it only wastes your time." the teacher mentioned, as the hour hand seemed to have passed as if it was only ten minutes.

–——

Roughly an hour or so passed since he returned home from the detention. An hour since he had heard about Shuichi liking someone else. An hour since his heart began to gradually break.

And now, he was able to let it all out, with no judgement at all.

He cried, he wasn't sure how long, but he did, from all the stress building up within him just in order to keep up the very facade he worked so hard to conceal. The heart break being the final straw, or the cherry on the cake if you'd rather. Indeed, he wasn't exactly the most emotionally stable, nor the mentally stable person on earth. He knew that falling for the detective of all people wasn't exactly the best thing to have happened in the world.

After all, while Shuichi is friendly, and kind, and is able to gain friends so easily, for the supreme leader, on the other hand, wasn't.

He mad his way to the kitchen, to get himself a can of beer. No, Kokichi isn't the type to drink on a daily basis, after all, he'd rather have panta, but his emotional pain was so great that he decided that he'd might as well drink so much beer that he'd be drunk out of his mind.

While any sane person would have avoided such things, Kokichi here didn't give a fuck.

After his second can, he was already feeling extremely dizzy, his brain responding so slowly that he was walking towards his bedroom like he was four years old.

Then, just like that, he passed out on his bed, dreaming about the boy who broke his fragile heart.

–——

Here the sweet Shuichi was, laying on his soft blue bed, thinking about the events that had occurred in detention, especially the moment when the supreme leader's face had gone blank.

In Shuichi's eyes, it would have made sense if the boy was upset about something, however, due to the detective being oblivious, he wasn't sure exactly what. Thinking back to the conversation and the game that they had played, nothing gave the poor boy a signal which would have indicated it being a clue to the mystery that he was trying to solve. He immediately ruled out the part where he told that he liked Kaede. That much was for sure in the eye's of the detective.

After all, Kokichi doesn't have any sort of feelings for him in any shape or form, right?