[Not edited] Chapter 4

–—————––

A/N: After a while of me being frustrated at my internet and wattpad for not letting me update shit, here I am finally back at the writing business! :D I hope that you're enjoying this story so far, as well as continue giving me the support that you have been. :)

Without a further or a do, let's get on with the story, shall we?

Warnings: Negative themes may be present in this chapter, just use this as a precaution if you're not mature enough to read that type of content.. Also, alcohol is referenced in the chapter, so if you don't like that short of stuff you can skip this one entirely.

–—————––

After all, Kokichi doesn't have any sort of feelings for him in any shape or form, right?

That's right, there's no way that the supremely leader would have feelings for someone like the shy detective himself. Kokichi seemed to be the type of character that would rather mess with everyone's emotions and their mental state than be in a committed relationship.

The more the detective thought about it, the more that he felt his heart sting and stomach tighten for reasons he wasn't quite sure. As a form of coping mechanism, he grabbed the pastel pink plushie, which was sat on the bed doing pretty much nothing, and hugged the thing tightly. Eventually, he decided to call Kaede, in order to get advice.

He pressed Kaede's contact on his phone, when an unknown number suddenly rang. Usually, Shuichi would ignore those type of calls, but today was the day that he decided to make an exception, therefore answering the call.

"Hello?" a voice, that the detective recognised, rang in his ears. This was followed by a realisation that it was none other than Rantaro Amami himself.

"H-hello! Why did y-you call me at this time?" Shuichi replied, as he checked the clock, which was situated at his bedside table, the time reading '10:30pm'.

"Well, you see, Kokichi is not in the best state of mind, so I'd like you to go to his apartment and check up on him."

Such a blunt response, though I should have expected from him, after he is friend's with Kokichi.

Shuichi couldn't help but feel a hint of jealousy at the thought of that being true, and yet, he wasn't even sure why that was the case. Kokichi would consistently manipulate others in any shape of form, so why was he jealous?

"W-why a-are you not able t-to g-go?" the best that the poor detective could do is ask the question, due to the curiosity he had gained just then.

"Oh, because I'm kind of already running late to a date with my girlfriend, Kaede Akamatsu."

His brain had to process that statement at least four times before it had finally sunk in. The angel that he had grown to love so much never felt the same way. This was the first time that Shuichi had experienced this sort of pain - a broken heart.

So this is what it feels like to be rejected.

Life wasn't fair. Not fair at all.

"Fine, I'll go." The detective told him, those being one of those rare moments where he didn't stutter, him attempting to put up a brave front.

 Before Rantaro could say anything in response, the navy haired hung up, unknown to him that the tears were streaming down his face like a waterfall. At the same time, he saw this coming.

He had noticed signs which had indicated that Rantaro and Kaede were really close. Truth is, in reality, he was just hoping that it wasn't true. That he still had a chance with her. Consistently, he would remind himself everyday that in the end he never had a chance.

And just like that, he was proven right.

Distracting himself from his thoughts quickly, he got dressed, packed his sleep wear (just in case, the detective was prepared for any situation) and left the apartment, locking the door. From there, his journey to Kokichi's apartment began.

Little did he know, the events that involved blushing and awkwardness, were about to occur.

–——

Finally making it the address that Rantaro had sent him through text, he knocked on the door, standing quietly and still, awaiting for a response.

A while later, the front door, which was black and white (a simplistic design really, but it looked incredible regardless), opened, revealing a purple haired boy, who smelled like a mixture of beer and panta. 

"Saihara~Chan!" the drunk male replied, immediately hugging onto the taller male like his life depended on it, then began crying. This left the poor detective in pure confusion, as well as surprised since he wasn't expecting Kokichi to be affectionate when drunk, in fact, he wasn't expecting that the shorter male would have ended up drinking at all.

Shuichi ended up dragging Kokichi with him, just to get inside of his apartment. It was a mess. Cans of beer and panta being scattered everywhere on the wooden floor, just like leaves. The two sat down on the purple couch in the living room, the only area which wasn't practically covered in beer and panta cans. The detective grabbed the remote to turn on the T.V. , attempting and failing to put on a movie as the panta boy continued to hug him.

"Saihara~Chan looooooooooove me~" the purple haired drunkenly requested, his eyes glistened like the stars on the precious night sky.

The navy haired began blush a faint red, as a result of the short male taking him by surprise. He wasn't sure how to respond, so he only remained still, thinking of multiple things to say and yet, never finding the appropriate thing to actually say.

"Don't ignore meeeee Saihara~Chan, that's so mean!"

"P-please d-don't c-cry-"

It was too late, Kokichi started crying in front of him, upset that the detective was ignoring him. All while Shuichi remained in place, shocked by such reaction. In the end, he didn't know what to exactly do in the situation.

What surprised the taller male the most was the fact that he hugged the panta loving male back, being careful not to hurt the fragile figure in his embrace.

"Come on Kokichi, let's go get you something to drink," was all Shuichi mentioned, as his face had gotten redder just by simply hugging the boy.

He felt really warm, soft and fragile...

Brushing those thoughts away quickly, he helped the supreme leader make his way to the kitchen. Just like every other room in the apartment, the design was simplistic, yet it suited the house rather magnificently. Followed by simply pouring a cup of water onto a glass, giving it to the purple haired, who hesitantly drank the water. 

"Saihara~Chan, I love you!" Kokichi confessed, a genuine smile on his face, his excitement going all over the place. If Shuichi's face wasn't already red enough as it is, he blushed an even deeper shade of red.

Kokichi is just drunk, this can't be genuine, he is a liar after all.

The taller male thought to himself. For unknown reason to him,  he felt a faint amount of disappointment about the fact that this potentially wasn't genuine.

–——

After a long while, he managed to drag Kokichi upstairs to his mess of a room. More panta cans could be spotted on the floor, presumably all the cans that he had drank prior to Shuichi's visit.

What seemed like a long while, but was actually a few minutes, he managed to convince the shorter male to lay down on the bed, with the aim to leave. However, Kokichi pulled Shuichi onto the bed with him, hugging his as if the detective was his plushie.

"Please...don't....leave...me..." the supreme leader mumbled quietly as he began to dose off, eventually falling asleep.

Still blushing the very same deep shade of red, the taller male managed to pull free from the other's hold, going to the bathroom to get changed into the sleep wear that he had packed prior to this, and made his way back to the bedroom. Quietly, the detective lay on the bed, looking at the smaller figure's sleeping face.

I never realised that his sleeping face looked so pretty, wait did I just think of that?

Moment of realisation followed by the blush on his face going even redder than before, out of embarrassment of thinking such things like that. He had no idea where those kind of thoughts were coming from. The last time he checked, he wasn't gay.

Was he?

At some point, Shuichi, too, began to dose off, falling asleep. The time read '12:07 am' exactly.

Fortunately, it just so happened to be a Saturday.

And that day, held so many adventures for them two. An adventure of love? Or an adventure of pure betrayal?