[Not edited] Chapter 9

–—————––

A/N: I apologise for the recently slow updates, but I hope you can work with me! From this chapter on, hopefully things will start to get more interesting.

Warnings: Cringe, possibly over dramatic.  

–—————––

"Nishishi~ What did the fake mage need from me at this hour?"

"Nyeeeeeeeeh, just wanted to let you know school starts earlier, so be sure to be ready!"

"Alrightyyy then, see in you in school!"

Of course, the fact that the school was starting earlier than usual was nothing more than a lie, but Himiko wouldn't tell him that. At the same time though, she knew that Kokichi could probably see through her lies. That is, unless the grape boy was actually stupid enough to believe such lie.

On that note, Himiko decided to finally go to sleep. She knew that if she didn't, she would be attacked (not literally) by her girlfriend on how she should be getting more sleep. An achievement for the exhausted mage was the fact that she the time was 3:25 am. Normally, by the time she would go to sleep would be 4:30 am. Proud of her achievements, the girl threw herself on the bed, closing her eyes as she entered the world of dreams.

–--—

"Hey! Shuichi!" the aikido master greeted, with an expression of confidence as the detective got closer to the girl.

Truth be told, Tenko strongly disliked males. After witnessing what they were capable of, she vowed to stay away from them at all costs. However, she felt like Shuichi was one of the exceptions. The detective clearly appeared to be more trustworthy, not to mention that he was too weak to pull off such a crime.

"E-erm, hey, Tenko, w-why did y-you n-need me here?" Shuichi asked her, nervousness growing on him as his fears developed. He was afraid of the girl, if he had to be honest. This fear gained it's fuel after witnessing a male student being beat up by Tenko, due to the male attempting (and failing quite miserably) to assault the woman.

"Oh, you'll see!" the girl continued to grin, and answered the question once again with confidence. This only scared the poor detective more, as he was wondering what on earth the aikido master was up to. One thing was clear: knowing Tenko, she probably did something she thought was a good idea but end up being a disaster and make him reconsider his life choices.

Oh, how soon Shuichi had discovered that he was wrong.

He would eventually notice Himiko and Kokichi walking together, linking arms with each other as they did. He could have sworn that he had heard the grape boy laughing. He wasn't sure why, but that caused him to feel a strong emotion of anger mixed with disappointment and sadness. He eventually realised that he was indeed, feeling jealous of Himiko. It caused him to mentally laugh at himself, just thinking about how stupid it sounded. They were just friends.

Right?

Just the thought about the possibility of them becoming a couple only seemed to cause him to feel much more jealous than he had at first. However, he gave himself a mental note that this feeling meant nothing and that he should just focus on what is happening right now. The even that had currently occurred was that the magician and the supreme leader had made their way towards them. Kokichi, being himself, waved his hands over the detective's face, as if attempting to gain Shuichi's attention.

"Helloooooooooooooo? Earth to Saihara-Chan!" the grape boy would say, in his usual annoying voice as he attempted to gain his beloved's attention.

The truth was, Kokichi hadn't even realised that he was linking arms with Himiko until she pointed that out to him. Despite this, he was unfazed by it and simply just annoyed at the action. Himiko was one of the few people who actually knew that he was gay, so why was she trying to attract him despite knowing that it wouldn't work.

It didn't make any sense to the supreme leader at all. At least not until he realised that there's a possibility that they could be doing this to see what kind of reaction would Shuichi make.

Himiko surely wouldn't do this to Kokichi, would she?

At that realisation that he was daydreaming again, the detective shook his head quickly, blushing in embarrassment at the realisation that he was once again too deep in his thoughts to have not noticed that the people that they were waiting for had arrived.

"Nyeeeeeeeeh Morning Tenko!" Himiko greeted the aikido master. Despite that it sounded rather lazy, at the same time it was strangely enough filled with optimism.

"Morning Himiko!" Tenko shouted, with happiness as she hugged the magician. Himiko hugged her girlfriend back without hesitation.

"Teeeeenko, if we continue to just stand here we'll be late." Himiko simply stated, as she checked her phone to discover it was only a matter of few minutes before class started.

"Oh, you're right! Come on let's go!" Tenko replied, as she held onto Shuichi's arm and rushed to class. The magician did the same, but held Kokichi's arm instead.

Both Tenko and Himiko know that Kokichi and Shuichi were jealous, but of course, that was the whole point of the plan. Phase two, as Kirumi explained to them during the meeting, was about purposely making the grape boy and the sushi jealous to the point where they provoke one of them to do something. The aikido master and the magician loved that part of the plan, hence why they had volunteered to do that phase, as that sounded more fun and interesting. Besides, this way they could also bet on who would be provoked by this first. Himiko placed her bet on Shuichi while Tenko placed her bet on Kokichi.

It was all to play for.

–--—

One thing was for sure; he absolutely couldn't stand the idea of Tenko holding Shuichi in the arm like that. The jealousy within him was developing but he knew that he couldn't express it to anybody at all. After all, he worked hard to not only hide his true emotions about the detective, but he also worked hard to keep up that facade of his so it would be illogical to act upon his feelings. Even if he did, no one would actually believe him so it would be pointless. So in the end, he decided that the best course of action would be to so nothing about it.

Yet here they were, on the school rooftop, in silence, with Tenko once again holding onto Shuichi's arm. Not only that, but Himiko was doing the same to the grape boy. He felt proper uncomfortable but he wasn't going to express it. At least not for as long as he has his facade.

Despite this, Kokichi couldn't possibly have known that Shuichi had almost allowed his jealousy to take control of him. However, realising that it would do no good for them both chose not to.

At least, that would have been the case if it wasn't for Tenko kissing his cheek out of nowhere. After that had occurred, the detective immediately pushed the aikido master off him, only to struggle for a short amount of time before he managed to do so. This surprisingly hasn't caught Tenko by surprise, rather caused her to make a smirk on her face, as a result of her plan actually working.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Shuichi shouted, not only letting his anger out but also allowing his jealousy to take control. At this point, he didn't really care much about how the aikido master would think of him. His priority was to ensure to get out of there with Kokichi with him.

"Oh, I just kissed you on the cheek, sorry, didn't think it'll be that big of a deal." Tenko simply replied, still smirking as she noticed that Shuichi had grabbed Kokichi's arm. This had also amused the magician, as she, too, had began to smirk at the sight. Phase two was a success, they knew it.

"W-well, it was! Anywho, both me and Kokichi are now going to leave." Shuichi stated, dragging Kokichi with him as they made their way to class. That was until Kokichi had managed to pull away from the detective's hold.

They stood in the hallway in silence. It wasn't the comfortable silence that had occurred when they were on their way to the cafe, no. This was much more uncomfortable, which resulted in Kokichi's need to break the silence. It would have drove him insane if he didn't, besides, he needed to ask Shuichi a question.

"Why the fuck did you do that? What's your problem?"

There were many things Shuichi wanted to say. Many things he wanted to tell him. Yet, he was still tempted to lie about it, it felt like it would be easier that way. However, he knew that the grape boy would easily be able to tell that he's lying. So in the end, he had no choice but to the the truth to the boy. Besides, Kokichi deserved an explanation for what had happened.

"B-because I was j-jealous okay? I was jealous." Shuichi revealed, taking a deep breath as he awaited for response the Supreme leader.

Only to have discovered that Kokichi was staring at the detective in shock.