[Not edited] Chapter 12

–—————––

A/N: Ello Ello again! 2 days ago I got my exam results, and I passed with flying colours! :D Also thank you guys for sticking around for this long to read this! I wasn't really expecting anyone to read this but here we are :o. I have one more late special to write and then this fanfic will be up to date! :D

Warning(s): Reference to spiders :'')

–—————––

"You know, Shuichi, I didn't know you had such pretty eyes." Kaede admitted, smiling her usual smile as she did.

When Kaede turned to face Kokichi, he looked at her like a predator looking at its prey.

The blonde haired gulped at the action. Her job was to make sure to make things go smoothly, not cause any problems. Based on that, she made sure that she didn't come close to Shuichi but at the same time made sure to stay close to Maki. In case... Things got a little bit ugly. The assassin had noticed the pianist's fear of the supreme leader, she thought it was funny. Regardless, she chose to stay close to the girl, in case he tried anything.

"U-um, thanks I guess-" Shuichi replied to Kaede, too quickly as he found that he felt awkward after receiving the compliment. If he had received it before finding out that the girl was taken, he would have been filled with joy. To hear something like that now was just depressing and awkward.

A moment of silence later, and they found themselves in front of the ice cream truck. Tenko and Himiko were the ones to order ice cream first. This was followed by Shuichi and Kokichi, and finally Kaede and Maki.

After getting their orders, they walked around to find a suitable place to sit. Whilst they were at it, they were having conversations with their partners.

"So... Maki... How's your boyfriend doing?" Kaede asked, being genuine curious. As she asked the question, however, she felt her heart clench. She just brushed the feeling off, assuming it was nothing.

"Oh, Kaito's the usual Kaito, an idiot who doesn't think before doing shit." Maki replied, pausing for a moment trying to think of something else to say. "But he does make me happy, strangely enough..." she finished it on that, puffing her cheeks and grabbing one of her pigtails.

Kaede simply giggled at the gesture. The pianist wasn't sure why, but she always found the way that the assassin responded to embarrassment funny.

"Do you want to die?" Maki asked, in a serious tone. The assassin didn't really like it that much when someone laughed at her.

"Calm down Maki! I wasn't making fun of you! I promise."

–--—

"So, Mr. Naegi, and Mr. Togami, what do you say? Will you join us?"

After finding out the truth from both of the teachers, Kirumi decided to ask if they could help her class out. When they refused, however, she decided to use... Other measures.

Long story short: she used blackmail on them.

"You can expose me if you want, everyone knows I'm bisexual so that doesn't really bother me that much." Makoto admitted, not looking too bothered about it. In his case, that was the truth. His parents found out that Makoto's pansexual (because the hope boy told them himself) and they supported him. Not many Japanese people actually supported that, as most were homophobic, so he got the lucky end of the bargain.

I mean, Makoto was a former Ultimate Lucky Student, so that didn't really surprise him that much. It didn't surprise Byakuya that much when Makoto told him about that event either.

"I get that, but your boyfriend's family clearly don't know that he's gay. What if they found out? How will that affect him?" Kirumi countered, trying to get her point across.

On the other hand, Byakuya's got the unlucky side of the bargain. His family were one of the homophobic bunch. His family wanted him to stick to the traditions of the family, due to it having stuck around for more than a century. The Togami's also found that it would be shameful to have a gay family member, as it doesn't look appealing to their public image. Although he wouldn't voice his opinions out loud, Byakuya didn't like those traditions that much. The blonde haired boy, too, was against gay people (as he didn't really understand it that much). That lasted until the former ultimate affluent progeny fell in love with Makoto.

That's why when both of them got together, they chose to keep the relationship secret. As it's likely that if it came down to it, one of their classmates would have exposed them through slip of the tongue. It was difficult for them both, but they knew it would be better that way. Despite the hardships, both of them managed to get through their high school years.

So, for Makoto to hear those questions really did hit him hard. As much as for him it wouldn't matter, it would matter to Byakuya. He knew full too well that the blonde haired boy's dad looks down on Byakuya a lot.

Makoto couldn't do this to his boyfriend. He decided.

"Fine, we agree to your ordeal, what do we get out of this?" The headmaster finally agreed. Byakuya looked like he was going to protest, but he kept his mouth shut. The blonde haired realised that it wasn't exactly his decision to make, so he kept quiet and listened to the conversation at hand.

"Oh, that's simple, Kokichi will probably behave more during class, so that'll annoy Mr. Togami less. As well as that, you get to keep your secret. If you ask me, it's a "win-win" situation, as both parties get what they want, so what do you say?" Kirumi replied quickly, making it clear that she wasn't going to go down without a fight. She was doing all of this for her 'child's' sake, after all. Her devotion always had been phenomenal. No doubt there.

"Fair enough, what role do we play in this plan?" The headmaster asked, being genuinely curious about it.

"You'll be helping us out during Phase 3. I'll come by to let you know when you're up." The maid answered politely, smiling at their direction just before she left the office. Most likely to go clean up other rooms.

"You do realise what kind of thing we just agreed to, right?" Byakuya asked, not understanding the reason why the headmaster would agree to such an ordeal after specifying that he wouldn't really be bothered by it.

"It's simple, because I care about you."

–--—

So far, everything had been according to plan.

They ate the ice cream that they bought. Had conversations with each other. Everyone was having quality bonding time and everything was going smoothly.

Until some panta loving male was idiotic enough to suggest playing Truth or Dare again; like that was the smartest idea he could pull off. Like wearing a maid outfit the last time he played this game hasn't taught him that it's sometimes better to not play the game at all. Clearly not, because he dragged everyone into it. Everyone else had protested against playing it, but in the end the protests were all in vain.

So here they were, an empty glass bottle in the middle. Everyone anxiously sat in a circle, dreading for their turn to come up every single time the bottle spun. This time round, the bottle landed on Kokichi Ouma.

"So, Kokichi, truth or dare?" Tenko asked, a smirk on her face was apparent. She had an idea of what she wanted to both ask and make him do. However, it all depended on what the supreme leader would choose. One chose could change the whole atmosphere of the game.

"Hmmm Dare~" Kokichi answered, in his usual confident tone. He was genuinely confident that there was nothing that could go wrong. However, the moment he saw the aikido master's smirk widen, he realised that he had just committed a huge mistake.

This was perfect. Tenko had the perfect dare for the panta male. The aikido master whispered to the magician, who responded by a small giggle and opened her bag. Himiko checked to make sure that she had what she needed. When the short female nodded, Tenko just knew that they had everything they needed to get their plan undergoing. Despite things not going as they had originally had planned, they found a way to turn it around. Long story short; it wasn't becoming a disaster yet.

"I dare you to wear the clothes that are in this bag." Tenko instructed, passing the bag to Kokichi at the same time. The grape boy could feel small drops of sweat falling down his face as the possibilities of what the outfit could be scared him. Despite this, he kept his calm composure and smiled his usual smile at them. At least he's capable of keeping his facade. Regardless, he got up and went to get changed in the toilets (which were located in the building across from the park, which just so had happened to be Kumo Cafe).

Whilst the supreme leader did exactly that, the remaining participants of the game began to have a conversation amongst each other, about almost nothing and everything. The conversation was mainly gossip that went around the school though. The most popular rumour in the school was that there were apparently two members of staff that were dating. Shuichi personally believed the rumours to be false, of course, since there wasn't any evidence to suggest it was a possibility. So all Shuichi did was remain silent whilst the girls (except Maki of course, since she didn't really care that much about it, as she believed it was a waste of time) were gossiping.

"Just between you and us Shuichi, do you, by any chance, like Kokichi?" Himiko asked, a tone filled with curiosity and exhaustion. This question was scripted by Kirumi, but there's no way of telling since this is how the magician would have probably worded it herself.

Upon hearing the question, the detective's eyes widened in shock.