[Not edited] Chapter 6

–—————––

A/N: *internal screaming* HoW oN eArTh ArE pEoPlE sTiLl ReAdInG tHiS? Don't mind me, small breakdowns like this from me are defo NORMAL, yes. Once again I had made a new book cover for this story because I just so had happened to have gotten bored of it again. :'')

Warnings: Potential cuteness warning, so beware :/

–—————––

It surprised him what was on the other side of the double doors.

To say that Shuichi was surprised, would be an extreme understatement. In actuality, he was amazed at how welcoming the place actually was. It was so upbeat, full of people and couples, that it actually scared him to some extent. Yes, the poor detective was this anti-social. Hopefully, this time, he had a friend there with him to help him out. Each time that the navy haired boy told himself that he and the purple haired are nothing more than friends, for unknown reasons to him, he felt his heart sting. He never felt this way before, not even when he had a 'crush' on the pianist.

"Shuuuuuuuumai! We're almost at the front of the queue!" Kokichi loudly mentioned, with the usual childish manner.

That caused him to snap out of his thoughts, choosing to focus on the events which were currently happening, rather than focus on his, what he called, 'non-existent' love life (a/n: Shuichi, I'm the one with an non-existent love life, staph stealing meh job). Before he knew it, they were at the front of the queue.

"Hello, welcome, what would you like to or- Shuichi?" a voice, which Shuichi recognised as one of the voices from his class, Kirumi Toujou, was about to ask before realising who he was.

"O-oh, h-hi, Kiru-"

"It's okay maid mom! We'll be just ordering coffee and cake! Have the money!" 

Kokichi quickly informed Kirumi as he quickly handed over the money needed to her. He couldn't allow the ultimate maid to expose the purple haired. Not now. Yes, Kokichi had accidentally exposed the fact that he liked the detective to her, and he hated himself for it. Luckily, so far, she hasn't said anything to anyone. However, in exchange, she offered to support him, which to this day was the form of support that he refused.

In the form of an awkward silence, the two sat on the surprisingly cute chairs, by a table which seemed to match the aesthetic of the interior. The sound of couples happily exchanging words to each other filling the atmosphere with positive vibes. However, both the navy haired and the purple haired still haven't spoken yet, but who could blame them? The cafe was mostly filled up with couples, doing things a couple would do, who wouldn't feel awkward? Kokichi mainly just stared at Shuichi, wondering about his eye colour. One thing was for certain, the hat annoyed the shit out of him.

"I'm boooooooerd! So let's play Truth or Dare again!" Kokichi suggested, once again with his usual childish manner, hoping that Shuichi would agree with it. He was truthfully bored out of his mind, "Then again, I could be a liar, and could be only be asking you to play with me to mes-" the purple haired added, but was cut short by the taller male responding, still stuttering, but showing slightly more confidence in his decisions.

"S-sure, let's do it."

To mention that Kokichi was surprised at the response would have honestly been an understatement. The surprise of so easily agreeing to the suggestion caused the boy to be at a loss for words. In summary, he just ended up staring at Shuichi wide eyed.

"Interesting! I heard that you two are planning to play Truth or Dare! Is it okay for us to join you guys?" 

That's right, Kokichi was so invested in his own thoughts that he failed to notice that both Kaede and Rantaro had walked up to their table. He definitely noticed that the two seemed to be rather close... Too close rather. Another thing that he noticed was Shuichi's reaction, when he looked at Kaede, as if tears were threatening to spill.

"Why not? The more the merrier, right Saihara~Chan?" the supreme leader loudly spoke, gently putting a hand on the detective's hand, without really thinking about it too much.

Poor Shuichi, the only thing that he could really do was simply blush a soft shade of pink, embarrassed due to the situation.

"Y-yeah, r-r-right." was all the detective had managed to get out of his mouth, saying so much more quietly than he usually would, but was still able to manage.

The duo took it as a hint that they were allowed to join them, so they sat at the remaining seats that were available, Kaede next to Shuichi, and Rantaro next to Kokichi.

Well, this is going to be interesting...

Both the navy haired and purple haired had thought to themselves, with little to no knowledge that the two had thought of the exact same thing.

"Okay, since you're new to this, Run-taro you go first!" Kokichi offered, which in response received an annoyed Rantaro, or as Kokichi liked to call him, an avocado.

"Fair enough, hmmmmm, Shuichi, truth or dare?" Rantaro asked, finally beginning the game, once again.

"D-dare..." Shuichi spoke, absent-mindedly, immediately regretting it the moment he noticed Rantaro's smirk on his face. At this point, the detective had feared the most. He was right to do so. Taking the hint, Kaede looked at him, with a look which seemed to have said 'You're not seriously, going to do this to them, are you?'.

"Okay, hmmmmm, I dare you to kiss that grape boy over here." that was all the green haired said, the smirk growing wider as he saw the navy haired's blush deepen. It amused him, to be honest, plus he was getting tired of looking at them two not making a single move. Eventually, one of them had to make the move, but avocado man, as Kokichi liked to call him, decided to speed up that process a little bit.

"U-um...o-okay..."  the detective attempted to say confidentially, however it only seemed to have made him stutter even more than he normally would, which wasn't really a benefit at all.

"Awwww! Saihara~chan's too sca-"

Before Kokichi could even finish his own sentence, he felt a soft pair of lips land on his own. Although the kiss was only short, it was still enough to leave the purple haired wide eyed, due to the shock. He never expected that someone like Shuichi would actually go for it. The worst part of it, was that he liked the kiss, and he wished to kiss him again. As a result, Kokichi began to blush a deep red, because of his thoughts, and attempted to brush them out of his mind. It didn't work out, unfortunately.

"Wow... Shuichi, I never knew you had the courage to do that..." Kaede commented, noticing her friend's unusual behaviour, her boyfriend nodding in agreement, his smirk still evident on his face.

Truth be told, the detective actually wanted to do that for a while, as his constant thoughts of Kokichi and temptations kept messing with his head. So, he was pretty much acting upon one of his desires without thinking. Besides a dare is a dare, so it wouldn't mean a thing, right?

Right?

"Um... W-well, a k-k-kiss is just a k-kiss right?" Shuichi commented, hoping to have justified his actions, however, both the pianist and the adventurer  didn't look convinced. "Any who K-Kaede, truth or dare..." the navy haired asked, desperately trying to change the subject.

"Hmmm, now that you asked, I'll go with truth..." the blonde haired asked, with her usual smile on her face. A smile that he used to love, now being the deadest thing alive.

"H-how long h-have you, and R-Rantaro been together for?" he had to ask the question, now that he knew that they were together. He had to know. He had to know how long they were in a relationship for. For how long he had lost his chance of winning Kaede's heart.

"Oh, I'm surprised you asked, I'd say almost a year, right Rantaro?" Kaede answered, while at the same time, questioning Rantaro, who nodded in response. "Yeah, for almost a year now, our first anniversary will be in two months time." she added, only then remembering about the anniversary.

"I s-see." was all the detective could reply to that. To be honest, it explained a lot to him, like why she didn't keep the plushie from the amusement part that the two went to. It was because she was dating Rantaro at the time, and didn't want it to seem like she cheated on him.

"So, it's my turn now, truth or dare Kokichi!" the pianist asked the supreme leader, who seemed to be deep in thought as he shook his head, returning to a world known as reality. The thing that didn't really help his situation was that his face was still red, from simply blushing.

"U-Um, t-t-t-truth!" the purple haired replied, stuttering, in a quiet tone of voice. Now it was Kaede's turn to unravel a smirk on her face, as the way that the supreme leader was acting at this current moment in time was out of character for him. It was almost amusing. One thing was for sure, Rantaro liked where this was going.

Just as Kaede was about to ask him a question, she was interrupted by the ultimate maid, who was making her way to the table, with trays containing their orders.

"I hope that I'm not interrupting anything, but the food is ready."

After being given the food, the group agreed on finishing the game later, and began to eat their cakes.

Little did they know, however, that Kirumi Toujou, the Ultimate Maid, had witnessed and heard it all, word for word.