[Not edited] Birthday Special (Kokichi)

–—————––

A/N: kjljvdshjkdsgvkxsh I'm sorry if this was rushed! I just wanted to get this done while I was at it considering I was crazy enough to consider to write like 4 things at once. ;w; I hope you enjoy this regardless of the rushed feel and short length of the chapter.

Warning(s): Kinda rushed feel, Cringey, Cute(?)

–—————––

June 22nd.

A day that may be normal for most people. A day like any other.

That day just so happened to be a special day for the dear Kokichi Ouma. After all, it was his birthday.

Because of that fact; Shuichi, Rantaro, Kaede, Maki, Kirumi and Himiko were preparing a surprise party for the panta boy. Maki's reasoning for helping out was mainly because Kaede was helping. She really couldn't careless about Kokichi's birthday.

The living room looked lively with the party decorations such as; balloons, a table with all of the food and drinks, and another table which had all of the gifts on. Shuichi was excited for this one, as this is the first birthday that he'd be celebrating with his boyfriend. Both of the boys had been dating for almost six months. The detective wanted to show to Kokichi that he was precious to him. In order to do that, he decided to hold a surprise party. Pretending that they had nothing planned for the grape boy's birthday was difficult for him, as Kokichi kept pestering him with questions. Eventually, the grape boy decided to drop it and leave to meet up with the D.I.C.E.. This gave them more than enough time to organise everything before he came back.

"So, is everything in place?" Shuichi asked, as he wanted to make sure that his boyfriend's birthday was a special one. He had planned this surprise party for months now, and he wanted everything to go perfectly. If one thing were to go wrong, the detective would be very upset about it.

"As far I could tell, but I'm not sure," Rantaro replied, appearing as if he wasn't really that bothered about everything being absolutely perfect, "Kaede, is everything ready to go?" He asked Kaede, as the girl was far more organised than the avocado boy was. That was evident when the adventurer left the cake ingredients all over place after baking the cake. Taking it in mind the cake was never actually successfully made. So in the end, Kirumi was left to bake the cake.

"Yup, everything is ready to go, Kirumi is still working on the birthday cake but it shouldn't take too long now. All she has to do is decorate the cake and it's done." Kaede replied, holding the list with all the things they needed to prepare, ticking things off the list as they went.

"That's good, let's just hope nothing bad happens now." Maki added, in her usual monotone voice. As if on cue, they heard a knock on the door.

Everyone was getting worried as they realised that it could be none other than the Kokichi Ouma himself. They thought that he'd be with his organisation for a long while. Apparently not.

"We gotta do something! The cake isn't ready yet!"

"I have an idea, I'll distract Kokichi while the rest of you make sure that you get everything ready." Rantaro suggested, keeping his composure as he did. He knew full too well that if he didn't keep a calm composure, no one else will (apart from Maki, but she was always the type to remain calm, almost strangely so).

Everyone nodded in agreement, and went along with the plan. Rantaro walked up to the front door, and opened it to greet an exhausted supreme leader.

"Nishishi~ Feels good to be home!" The grape boy said, his tone filled with genuine happiness as he entered the place. Once he saw that Rantaro was the one to open the door, however, was went he started to question things. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, Shuichi called me over to spend time with him, but I wanted to wait until you came back to hang out with you! Wanna play a game with me?" The avocado asked, to which the simple response was an enthusiastic nod. Just like that, the two boys went to the game room and played video games.

After some time of playing a few rounds of Mario Kart, both of they heard a voice that they thought they'll never hear for decades.

"You guys can come to the living room now!"

Upon hearing the statement, Rantaro stood up. Confused, Kokichi did the same. Both of them got out of the game room and made their way towards the living room like they were asked to.

The moment Kokichi entered the room he noticed all of the decorations that were neatly placed in the room. Despite that, he couldn't see anyone in sight, which only confused him even more. Just as he was about to leave out of boredom, everyone jumped out of their hiding place, screaming "Surprise!" at the grape boy's face.

To say that the panta male was surprised would be an understatement. He was so happy at the sight that he cried tears of happiness.

"Are you okay? You don't like the surprise? I'm sorry! I just wanted to organise something special for you-" Shuichi panicked, when he was interrupted by Kokichi giving the detective a gentle kiss.

That day was a day that Kokichi will remember for years to come.