[Half Edited] Chapter 1; Anime Girl Who-?

╭──〔❨✧✧❩〕──╮

Warning(s): Over-used cliché included

╰──〔❨✧✧❩〕──╯

Kokichi had an pretty uneventful summer as far as he could tell. No one had invited him to hang out during the break, well, nobody except for Rantaro and Kirumi. Even then they only hung out together like once, as both of them seemed to have a busy schedule (neither of them were willing to expand on what they were exactly doing, all he knew is that they were making some form of preparations) so he ended up being alone for almost the entire portion of the break. He often ended up just listening to music (with his earphones, which were a soft pastel purple) as he laid down on his bed. He started at the ceiling as the lyrics played, hoping that if he just stared hard enough, someone would be willing enough to meet up.

Despite his wishful thinking, he knew that the probability of this occurring was close to impossible.

He had only himself to blame, he already knew that, yet it still stung. He continued to listen to the upbeat song, that due to it being in English, he wasn't able to understand it one bit. He still liked the song though, it brought him up from his lowest points.

So, he continued to listen, in hopes that one day, others could do the same.

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

Sunlight and the summer heat continued to rage on as hard as ever on this particular day in August, with temperatures as high as 33°C. Those that roamed the streets of the huge city of Tokyo for whatever reason they had, brought a fan with them or a bottle of water. For those who chose to not bring anything with them, in simplest of terms; suffered in silence. It was quite a common occurrence. In fact, it was also common for nights to be quite cool, at least, in the months of June and July anyway. While it did occasionally rain, it was rare.

One of the idiots that decided to go out in black jeans and a sweater (seriously, a sweater) was none other than the ultimate detective, Shuichi Saihara. Main reason being was because of constantly misjudging the weather without fail (despite having a phone and checking the weather on it, he never did for reasons he'll never know).  People that looked his way thought he was a lunatic and he couldn't blame them. No one in their right mind would wear a sweater in this hear, no one except for Shuichi.

The only reason he even left the comfort of his own house in the first place was because of Kaito's text, asking that he and the squad should hang out for the last time before school began again. As much as Shuichi would much rather stay inside his house and permanently become a shut in, the real world hated him so much that it inevitably led to the detective agreeing in disappointment.

So here he was, in New Akihabara Centre, with Kaito, Maki, Rantaro and Kaede, internally suffering. They went to the centre only because Kaito, being Kaito, broke his phone once again, he needed to buy a new one. The New Akihabara Centre was close to where Kaito lived, in the Akihabara district of Tokyo, the infamous gaming centre of Tokyo. Hence why the astronaut chose that specific central of all places.

"You know, I now understand why people call this the weeb District." Rantaro spoke out loud, while he looked around the electronics shop. He was in deep thought, trying to take in the entirety of the place, as he never visited this specific district. He lived in the Aoyama district, home to the Nezu Museum, said to be one of the best.

"And why is that?" Kaito asked, confusion in voice. For a person who was quite the expert in anything to do with physics, he wasn't quite as gifted of having knowledge with beyond that point. Another factor was the fact that beyond his house and school, he hadn't properly walked around Akihabara, so he ended up never knowing what was there despite living there.