Prologue

╭──〔❨✧✧❩〕──╮

Warning(s):
Angsty, Mention of death

╰──〔❨✧✧❩〕──╯

Tokyo. A large city often filled with a massive crowd. It was the capital of Japan, and was one of the largest cities known in the country. From an ultramodern appearance (based on the skyscrapers) to traditional Japanese temples, there was something for everyone to participate in within the busy atmosphere. There was also a seemingly unlimited choice in activities such as shopping, dining, entertainment, and culture (not really an activity, just something that helped the country stand out). It contained a large population of both the Japanese and foreigners who simply loved the country for many reasons, one being the culture. One of the known places within Tokyo was Akihabara, the centre for otaku and electronic goods. In summary, there was something for everyone to do in there.

At night, the city often glowed a wide range of vibrant colours lights (they were very bright, ranging from yellow to blue and even to purple), radiating (the source of lights) from the stores and bars which remained open to serve at night. The alleyways also stood out in the beauty of the night. Signs would be all over the place as people navigated in the night as they attempted to keep themselves busy within that darkness. It was a beauty to behold, honestly. Not to mention busy 24/7.

However, that's enough talk about the city, let's get to the major attraction of Tokyo.

That's right, the main attraction of the grand city of Tokyo was the prestigious school known as Hopes Peak Academy. Founded by the ultimate genius known as Izuru Kamukura in 1936, it's legacies lived on to the current modern period.

Located at the centre of the large city, it was rather difficult to have missed such a large infrastructure. It was funded by the Government themselves. Thanks to that, certain students weren't bound to the idea of having to pay tuition fees. However, since it was a school for the best of the best, known as either Ultimate or Super High School Level, it was almost impossible to get in. It was often said that those who do attend the school, it guaranteed success to those very students after graduation. It consisted of Main Course students (where the ultimates studied), Reserve Course students (that's right, a normal student was able to attend the school, however the tuition fees were ridiculously expensive), and buildings within the Academy which was suitable for everyone's talents.

Hopes Peak used the money that they gained from the tuition fees to work on a project known as the Izuru Kamukura Project. The former staff at the Academy wanted to manufacture the genuis by messing with the human brain. An unethical project, the staff located it's lab in the basement in order to condone these experiments. They used the students straight from the Reserve Course to do so. Of course they would have kept such information confidential; risk of exposure could cause a scandal and distrust in the Academy.

Eventually, the Government (along with the students, from all classes at the time) found out about the occurring experiments based upon this project, resulting in many protests. The Reserve Course were fighting for their human rights and to give them justice. Main Course were fighting to stop the unethical experiments. Student Council led a march around the campus to emphasize the students' views. Havoc, it was.

To top it all off, two students have attempted a terrorist attack on the school; in the name of despair. They were found out, by the former staff. This was as a result of an investigation going on into discovering more about the project, but accidentally overheard the girls mentioning a terrorist attack, and their plans. Of course, it was dealt with accordingly (police had to get involved), with the co leaders being arrested. The girls were known as the Despair Sisters; Junko Enoshima and Mukuro Ikusaba. When the sentences were given to them both, Mukuro got the lucky out of the two, with a shorter sentence consisting of seven years. Junko, on the other hand, was sentenced to fifteen years in prison for being the mastermind of their plan. Thus, saving the school from terrorism. Yet, their situation was far from over.