[Not edited] Valentines Day Special

–—————––

A/N: To celebrate Valentines Day this year, I have decided to dedicate a one shot to Valentines Day! Of course it'll feature mainly Saiouma, but it'll also be a hint of Tenmiko and Amatsu, as well as other ships. This may not be the best thing in the world but I am trying ok? ;-; Totally didn't post this like 20 mins before Valentines Day , definitely not-

Warnings: Other than the possibility of this killing your heart from cuteness, idk :/

–—————––

Sitting on an all too familiar violet couch, papers and books scattered everywhere, Kokichi continuously played around with his fingers, feeling an emotion of discomfort. A reason of feeling uncomfortable? Well, that was due to the fact that two couples were currently in the same place as him. He felt out of place. As he was the only single person in the meeting, more like them spending time together.

"So... What do you think I should do for Valentines Day?" Kokichi asked, in a cheerful manner, almost childlike. He chose to not mention the name of the person, mainly because they already knew about his crush on the detective. Their reactions to that discovery, being the supportive bunch that they were, they promised to keep such detail a secret. Of course, that was in exchange for the supreme leader giving them the permission to help him get 'his man'.

"Hmmm, maybe give him chocolates!" Kaede suggested, a sweet smile appeared on her face as she came up with the idea. However, the others seemed to have given her a look of disapproval. As much as Kokichi was capable enough to cook by himself, he cannot bake to safe his life. Additionally, it was last minute and he was too lazy to go buy chocolates.

"Nyeh, I was thinking more along the lines a date-" Himiko shot back lazily, with a smirk on her face as multiple ideas flashed in her mind as how the 'date' would look and everything. While most people approved of the idea, Kaede shook her head. The pianist believed that a date would be seen as if Kokichi was trying too hard, and she really hoped that purple haired and Shuichi would finally get together. It really annoyed her that much.

"B-But, a date is more generic, maybe he should make something more special for him or something-"

"BUT DATES ARE MORE ROMANTIC!"

"How about I try to bake cupcakes for him?" Kokichi suggested, despite knowing that he's the worst of the worst at baking. To his surprise, they all agreed with his suggestion, smiles crept onto their faces as they did so.

"That's an amazing idea! In fact, I actually brought the ingredients because I wanted to make cupcakes myself, yet yesterday I found an even better gift so I chose not to go with it." Rantaro informed Kokichi, calmly giving him the bag with all the ingredients in. "The instructions are written on the box, as long as you follow them, you'll be fine!" the green haired added, in an unusual soft tone, as he held Kaede's hand in his.

–——

Why the fuck did I agree to baking cupcakes again?

Kokichi thought to himself, as his very kitchen was in an absolute mess. The flour sparkled everywhere like snow on a cold winter's day, egg yolk just chilled on the floor like it was nothing, milk spilt all over the counter. In summary, he created a mess. The mess originated from the supreme leader throwing the mixer on the floor, as a result of the mixer choosing to have moments when it wants to work, and other moments when not.

I knew I shouldn't have even done anything to do with baking, but no I wanted to do something special for Shuichi, which is why I did it anyway-

The boy sighed to himself, observing the mess that he'd have to clean up, almost having a mental breakdown from how massive the mess is.

"I'm here Kokichi, I heard from your friend that you ne-" he heard a voice heading their way towards the kitchen, cutting the sentence short the moment he saw the mess created, "Oh my... What on earth has happened here?" Shuichi asked, his tone of voice filled with concern as he noticed the short boy kneeling on the floor, surrounded by flour and egg yolk.

"I...I tried to bake cupcakes..." Kokichi explained, still kneeling on the floor as he looked up to face Shuichi, who simply face palmed at the fact.

"That explains the mess...and that message from Rantaro..." Shuichi replied, feeling sympathy for the boy due to the fact that the short boy had good intentions. 

"I'm so sor-"

"Kokichi, how about we make the cupcakes together, then clean up the mess after, sounds good?" the taller male offered, a faint smile on his face. He felt gratitude hearing that his dear friend cared about him.

Carefully, Shuichi measured the ingredients, making sure that they were exact, and mixed them in a bowl with a spoon, rather than a mixer, due to his knowledge that the mixer annoyed the shit out of him, but was never bothered to get it replaced. Once the dough was mixed well, he poured the dough onto the cupcake holders, and placed them in the oven.

While all of this went on, Kokichi looked guiltily at his friend, as he just like that let him do all the work, when it was his idea in the first place.

Unexpectedly, he felt a soft pair of lips on his own. The feeling of electricity flowing all over his body from the excitement. Without hesitation, the shorter male kissed back, in the end choosing to go with the flow of the events that were unfolding. As Shuichi gently wrapped his arms around Kokichi's waist, the other wrapped their arms around the taller's neck, eventually resulted in the kiss deepening. However, they eventually pulled away, arms remaining where they were and their noses gently touching.

At that moment in time, all they did was stare into each other's eyes lovingly, as their feelings of love were revealed to people who used to be two halves.

"So, shall we continue with the cupcakes?"

Just like that, Kokichi gave out a genuine smile, to his beloved, and his beloved only.