[Not edited] Chapter 2

–—————––

A/N: As I was going through the two parts that I wrote, I may or may not have realised that I might have repeated myself, well atm it doesn't matter because I still need to actually hurry up with updating this thing to get to the point of this whole fanfic's existence. I may or may not have wanted to also die. :') This part is so lateeeeeeee ;-; I iz sorry ;-; Again the pic has nothing to do with this chapter I just thought it was really cute so I used it.
Warnings: n/a
POV: No POV (There may or may not be POVs coming soon...)

–—————––

"Kaede Akamatsu, Maki Harukawa, Kaito Momota and Shuichi Saihara, you're late!"

The voice of an impatient, yet also sympathetic teacher echoed time and time again in their minds. To be honest, this was the first time Shuichi was late this year. Last year, he was late to class three times; two of those times were completely by accident, while the third time, well, he wasn't even sure why, but it was like he wanted to be late. Here he was, once again, late to class. He saw his friend's (more specifically Kaede's and Kaito's, Maki's face seemed expressionless) worried looks. He was glad that he could relate to his friends right now.

"We're sorry Sir, we just got caught up with something and didn't hear the bell, we promise that this won't happen again!"

The blonde girl spoke out, in a sweet tone which made the detective's heart slightly skip a beat, as well as smile slightly. This was one of the things he loved about Kaede -- she has everyone's back no matter the situation that they're in.

The teacher frowned, before replying using a somewhat harsh, somewhat understanding,
"I guess I can let this one slide - at least for Kaede, Maki and Kaito anyway. Shuichi, you will have detention after school, and you better be there."

All Shuichi could do at this moment was nod at the teacher, as well as smile at his friends afterwards. The four students walked quietly to their respectful seats, and sat down, putting their equipment on their desks and begin to write down notes they'll need in the future.

At least, that was what the navy haired boy was meant to do, but did he actually do what he was meant to be doing in the first place?

The best possible answer to that question was: no.

In addition to that, who's fault was it that the poor detective wasn't doing his work?

None other than the panta loving male, Kokichi Ouma himself. This was because the trickster had passed a note to him. Despite the fact that Kokichi was two rows behind Shuichi, he still managed to pass the detective the note by simply making a paper airplane out of it. The piece of paper was slightly crinkled, not enough for the note to be illegible. Shuichi careful undone the folds, and read the following:

"Nishishi, looks like you're going to be stuck in detention with me today!
That means we can play a game together, and for today I have planned something especially fun~!

See you in detention Saihara~Chan!

-From your beloved, Kokichi Ouma"

Shuichi blushed furiously just from reading the nickname that Kokichi often gave him. During their interactions, he'd often tell the Supreme leader to not use the nickname, as he was uncomfortable with it, yet judging by the look of things, he didn't listen. As a result of this, he ended up writing nothing down in his exercise book as the note had pretty much distracted him and kept his thoughts occupied.

Why the hell did Kokichi call himself my beloved? I don't even think of him like that. I have a crush on Kaede for God's sake, though to be completely honest, Kokichi is quite interesting to say the least. Quite mysterious, and difficult to read, also a very cute little gremlin- wait what?

If his blush wasn't red enough before, it surely was now. He was embarrassed from his own thoughts, which he wasn't sure how that was possible, but it happened.

Okay Shuichi, enough thinking about the note, time to concentrate on the school work right now.

Just as he was about to finish writing the only sentence that he got to write from today's work, the school bell had just so happened to ring, indicating that it was now break.

"Alright students, class dismissed, don't forget about the homework due in on Thursday" the teacher responded to the bell, monotone, like it was something he'd had gotten so used to saying that the words are meaningless now.

–——

Sitting on a bench, which was situated on the rooftop, all alone, Kokichi admired the view of the precious city that the rooftop had to offer. The view was one of the reasons that the Supreme leader preferred to spend his break and lunch. Another reason was so that he could be alone. When he was alone, he was able to actually able to get lost in his thoughts without anyone questioning it.

I regret giving him that note, what if he hates me? I should have not wrote "from your beloved" I mean, come on! Who even writes that to somebody that not long they bumped into by accident, by running just so they could even get to school on time? Me apparently.

Kokichi temporarily paused his train of thoughts, as he took out his personal notebook and pen, and began to write some of his personal thoughts in it. Of course, he wasn't stupid enough to write all of his thoughts. After all, someone could find it and read them. After that, potential expose him.

Does he even like me in that way? I doubt it. He looks and talks to kaede as if he liked her. If only he could look and talk to me in his cute, shy voice like that...

Without his knowledge, a tear had fallen down his cheek at the thought of the one that he loves, liking someone else.

–——

The day had flown by rather quickly, and it was already after school. Most of the students were making their way home, feeling relief that school is finally over for the day. Unfortunately for the dear Shuichi, the day wasn't quite over yet.

He walked across the halls, making his way to where his detention was situated. He looked down, looking at the ground directly (adjusting his hat in the process), suddenly feeling a rush of nervousness, despite having no reason to.

Once he had made it to the classroom, he opened the door and entered. A look of nervousness apparent on his gentle face.

"Oh, Shuichi Saihara, right? Been late to lesson again?"

"Y-yeah, s-sorry..."

"Please sit down, and remember, no talking."

That was all what was exchanged between the teacher, who clearly didn't seem to have the want to be there, as Shuichi did what he was told and sat down by a desk.

"Psst, Shumai-"

The poor detective immediately turned around to find the source of the voice, to reveal that it came from none other than Kokichi himself. Shuichi just so had happened to have sat by a desk next to the Supreme leader's.

"W-what do you want?" He responded, in a quiet voice, not wanting to get caught talking by the teacher, who seemed to be too busy in her phone to even care.

"I said I wanted to play~" the purples haired paused, thinking thoroughly about the situation grinning to himself.

"A-Alright...what game... Do you w-want to p-play?" It surprised the detective that he was even going through with it, yet he ignored that thought.

"How about a game of truth or dare, Saihara~chan."