What a charmer Phillip x read...

By Bernese_writers5

Philip Hamilton; a brave, strapping, young lad who was bound on making a name for himself. He was ready to sw... More

Chapter 2 A sleepless night
Chapter 3 Bluebells and Yellow Tulips
Chapter 4 Back In The War
Chapter 5 His Psyche
Chapter 6 Charming
Chapter 7 wading the tides
Chapter 8 They Hung an Innocent Man
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 I couldn't be happier
Chapter 36 Boarding School in Boston
Chapter 37 Not gone, just put away for a while
Chaptet 38 You'll be a man
Chapter 39 - Her names was Peggy
Chapter 40 I'm Coming Home, Love
Chapter 41 Two of a pair
Chapter 42 Well I'll be
Chapter 43 Alexander's Boy
Chapter 44 Saving Alexander
Epilogue

Chapter 1 Guns loaded

5.5K 95 392
By Bernese_writers5

Y/n — Your name
E/c  — Eye color
H/c — Hair color
H/l  — Hair length
L/n — Last name
M/n — Middle name

(Small note: you may notice some chapters have little sayings on them and others don't that doesn't mean anything it just means I have edited them. Happy reading!)
__________

"I have thought my duty to exhibit things as they are, not as they ought to be."
― Alexander Hamilton

____________
Philip
_____________

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7-" The counting was cut off by a gunshot ten paces away, George's gun sounding first.

I shot soon after, towards the sky, like Pops had told me to do.

I lowered the gun, tucking my arms to my side as I looked down at my shaking body, smoke raising from the barrel.

I was shocked when I noticed I was unharmed. I sighed with relief, I was fine. I could go home to ma and hug her. She wouldn't have to face another heartbreak.

But my thoughts shattered with one thought.

But if he didn't shoot me, then who did he shoot? I thought. Did Eacker miss? How is that possible, he is an excellent guns men!

I turned to see George holding his foot, blood seeping through his boot.

That only meant one thing, George had shot himself in the foot.

"Ah!" George cried as he clutched his foot. The doctor turned back around to see the scene unfold in front of him.

I snorted as I thought about the instant Karma. He shot before ten and now he is paying for it. He may have survived but he'll pay for it.

But now the once quiet field was drowned out by George Eacker's screams.

I stride over to Eacker, picking up his gun. I examined it as a scream echoed along with Eacker's wails.

But it wasn't only Eacker's cries that I heard.

The new sound came from the town that was very close by. But these shrieks were high and shrill, belonging to a woman. Her scream was full of terror and agony. I could hear it tethered to her voice. It rang out, praying someone would come to save her.

"Did you hear that?" I asked, looking back towards the town where it seemed to be the source of the sound.

"What?" George snapped, howling as he hopped up and down.

"Do you hear the screams?" I asked again, looking in the direction of the sound. I held my hand up to silence George.

"Yes, mine!" He said angrily.

The scream resounded, sending my pulse beating and blood rushing. It felt as if destiny was calling out to me until I couldn't bear to hear it ring no longer.

"I have to go," I murmured, starting toward the sound.

"Hey! Own up to what you have done!" Eacker yelled as I drew farther away.

"I've done nothing! You did that to yourself!" I called back with a small chuckle.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me into town until I reached a small alleyway.

From what I could see, there was a towering figure of a man with a pistol, and a fragile frame of a woman.

The man growled at the woman, saying, "You thought you could get away with that? Huh? No woman says no to me! Never!" He said, bashing a gun over the woman's head. "And that won't start today."

"I'm loyal to my husband!" She said, her voice was so youthful and scared. "I'm loyal to my husband!" She screamed once again.

Upon hearing that the woman was already in a union, he bashed the butt of the gun into her head once more.

"Hey! Stop that!" I shouted.

The man turned to see me standing behind him. I reached for my gun and the man got a panicked look in his eyes. He struggled to put gunpowder in his pistol and went to light it but seemed to realize he had nothing to light it with. I aimed the gun at his head.

The man looked at the woman then back at me, with tempted eyes. He spits at the woman and I growled, "Give me one good reason not to pull the trigger."
The man hesitated, not knowing what to say. Then he hightailed it for the hills.

When he left my line of sight, I bent down to the woman and said, "Let's get you home to your husband," as I lent her my hand to pull her off the ground.

When she finally stood up she confessed, "Oh no kind sir, I'm not married. I was hoping that by saying such a statement, the perverted gentleman would back off."

I studied her face and realized how gorgeous this lady was. She had sparkling (E/c) eyes that could outshine the morning sun and (H/l) (H/c) hair that looked like it had originally been in an updo but now lay in a bloody mess on her head. Her dress was yellow with white lace here and there. It had a broach in the top middle of her dress, pulling the beauty of the dress together.

I had no clue where to take her. I could introduce her to Mum, she could help with her head. I bent down to pick her up. She fit perfectly into my arms, but she began to squirm.

"Sir, what are you doing?" She said, squirming around.
"I'm helping you!" I said, "Now hold still!"
"Sir, I can take care of myself!" She said, flailing in my grasp.

"No, you're hurt! You need help!" I exclaimed.

"Sir, I am a tough girl. I tie my own shoes and everything!"

"Fine, just let me set you down," I laughed.
She and I shared a chuckle as I sat her on a bench nearby.

"So um, let me take a look at that head of yours," I said, trying to sound helpful as I picked up my hand to push the hair out of the way. She flinched at the contact.

"Oh, so you must be a doctor?" She asked, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"No! I'm a lawyer. By the way, My name is Philip Hamilton, but of course, there is an off chance you want to call me something else." I chortled.

I helped her stand by offering my arm for her to hold onto as I took her my parents Estate.

"Yes, I must pass that offer up," she mused.

"Oh come on, what's your name?" I asked.

"(Y/n), and you may only call me that," She said. She pressed her hand on her head where she was hit.

"Are you okay?" I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it," she paused, thinking of something clever to say, "Charming."

"Charming?" I asked with a smirk. "I said you could call me anything, but you passed it up! Why not Daddy?" I asked with a smirk plastered onto my lips.

"No, Charming suits." She said bluntly, "And secondly, why would I call you Daddy?" She asked me, she seemed a little put off by my words.

"We can find out," I said smugly.

"God forbid I do something so horrific with you," she scoffed, "I will wait till marriage, thank you very much!"

We continued on for a moment with nothing said. Suddenly, she took a sharp gasp and she stumbled into me. All I could do was hold her in my arms asking, "(Y/n), you alright?"

"My head..." She said, laying her head on my chest.

"Here, ah, may I?" I asked, peering down at her.

She gave me no answer, but I didn't hesitate. I needed to act. I slid my arms under her as I carried her bridal style.

She wrapped her arms around my neck to hold on as much as she could as she tried to stay conscious.

After running for some time, until the quiet family, Hamilton Grange Mansion came to view. I heard my younger siblings playing in the backyard, as I saw my sister talking to Pops. Probably to tell him I had left and she didn't know where I ran off to.

The only people who knew about the duel were Pops, my second, George's second, and George Eaker, the devil himself.

As I trotted up to the front door. I kicked the door as if I were knocking with my hand. Soon after, Mum answered the door. I pushed past Mum as I sat (Y/n) softly on the sofa.

I told Mum everything. The duel with Eacker, the perverted gentleman, and (Y/n). She seemed to understand, upset that I was going to duel with Eacker. She was probably thinking, "I taught you better than that," but she just nodded along, tending to (Y/n)'s head.

________________

(Y/n)'s head wasn't bleeding any more. She lay peacefully on the sofa. I reached over and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

(Y/n) flinched and grabbed my hand quickly, her eyes fluttered open to reveal her beautiful (E/c) eyes. My heart skipped a beat as she looked into my eyes.
"Where am I?" She asked.

"My family home, she helped clean you up," I said, slowly removing my hand from her cheek. "Her name is Eliza."

"Oh," she replied.

(Y/n) attempted to sit up from her position but failed. So, like the gentleman I am, I went to help her. I pulled her up into my lap so she could lean on me.

She had seemed unimpressed by my small gesture but stayed the way she was.

I snaked my arms around (Y/n) as she laid her head on my chest. I chuckled as I played with her hair.
Her hair was still damp from when Mum washed it in a bowl, but it was nonetheless clean.

The sweet aroma of fresh spring lilacs wafted from her hair to my nose.

"Don't push it," she said.

I stopped playing with her hair, but my chuckle became a laugh.

"What is so funny?" She asked, a little annoyed.

"Nothing, Dove," I said.

She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. I laughed at her once more as her perfect lips spoke, "I utterly despise you."

"At the bottom of your little toe you can't deny that you love me," I said to her as I began to play with her hair again.

"Love you? I don't even know you!" She shot daggers at me with her gorgeous (E/c) eyes and grumbled, "And, besides, I don't even like your very presence around me."

"Just admit you're true feelings, you'll feel much better after you do!" I sighed dramatically.

"But I feel so much better saying I can't stand being around you," she said yet again.

"You don't have to stand, you can sit around me, Dove," I said, laughing at our childish banter.

"Ah! Look at the love birds!" A woman's voice exclaimed. Mum, walking in with some water for (Y/n).

"No ma'am, it's nothing like that," (Y/n) said, waving her hands in a no movement.

"Oh come on (Y/n)! Admit it! Were in love!" I giggled, hugging (Y/n) close to my chest with her arms pinned to her sides so she couldn't smack me.

"Ah how cute! Well (Y/n), you can stay here tonight. I'll write to your father if you would like." Mum said.

"No that is quite alright, Mrs. Hamilton, my father is not in New York, he lives in the Lousiana Territory," (Y/n) explained.

"Well, you can stay in the spare cot we have." Mother said to (Y/n).

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as I piped in, "That would be lovely, Mum, please do," I winked at (Y/N and kept my arms wrapped around her, but not as strong as before.

"But-" I cut off (Y/n)'s protest by kissing her cheek. By doing so, I earned a squeal from mother and wider eyes and a red face from (Y/n).

Mom trotted off upstairs as (Y/n) turned in my hold to look at me.

"Why?" She asked, "I'm not going to stay anywhere near you if I can help it. I've already told you that."

"I know, but I knew saying that would make my mother's day, and I'll be in my room in bed and you will be in the other." I said thoughtfully, "But I mostly did it to get a rise out of you."

"Fine," she said, looking away from me, "but try anything, and I mean anything, and I'll have your head."

"All the better for you to look at me longingly, Dove," I said.

_______________________

Special thanks to Wish_Starlight for the editing help on this chapter!

Edited 11-9-19
By Wish_Starlight
word count 1986

-Kit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 6 40
"From the moment our gaze locked that fateful night, I sensed a seismic shift in my existence. Our journey has been one of rediscovery, navigating th...
13.9K 182 7
"I want to be completely yours." I whispered and his lips parted slightly. "You sure-" he cleared his throat. " I mean, are you aware that I'm-" "Wou...
1.9K 37 33
Read my other story His Escape it's 10x better than this one but reads the same. This one is lame but that one is GOOD. -------------------------- "...
2.1M 44.4K 62
Xavier Winston He's a ruthless Mafia lord. He doesn't care who he kills and for what, if he claims something, he gets it no matter the consequences...