My Happily Ever After?

By Iamcrazy-iamreal

"We are getting married"he dictated. I sat there unable to move. How could anyone be so emotionless in askin... More

NEW BOOK ALERT!!!
1-CINDERELLA?
2-GAME CHANGER
3-JC ENTERPRISE
4-BAD NEWS
5-JOHN CARTER
6-THE NOT-SO-ROMANTIC DATE
7-THE BLUNT PROPOSAL
8-MY CHOICE
9-GREG
10-DINNER WITH THE CARTERS
11-THE WEDDING
12-THE TO-DO LIST
13-STUCK
14-TIARA
15-THE SECRET ROOM
16-HIS CONFESSION
17-I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU
18- LOVE HURTS
19-SOMETIMES, LOVE SUCKS
20-THE DIVORCE (1)
21-THE DIVORCE (2)
22-THE DIVORCE(3)
23-WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU A JERK
25-WE MEET AGAIN
AUTHOR'S NOTE
26-LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY
27-HE'S MY EX.
28-DO I?
29-I DO.
30-FOR YOU,I'LL LEARN.
EPILOGUE:MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER?

24-REGRETS?

2.5K 101 1
By Iamcrazy-iamreal

Turns out freedom ain't
Nothing but missing you
Wishing,I'd realized
What i had
When you were mine

             ✏BACK TO DECEMBER
       👉TAYLOR SWIFT

JOHN'S POV

One month after the divorce

She found her. Her mother. She's happy. Without me. She doesn't know I'm hoping, that possibly,she'll return. I've become a shadow of her past.

She's happy.

Three months after the divorce

She saw him today. Her dad. It was the best gift I could give her, although she will never know. He's happily married but at least she smiled. I'm glad she finally met the family she always wanted. I remembered her words, 'trust me, it won't last'. I realize now, she was right.

She's happy.

Six months after the divorce.

A business trip?

Yes. That was my excuse to visit LA once again. I'm hoping to see her beautiful smile.

She was with someone and a part of me died. They are holding hands and smiling. I think she kept her promise, she doesn't love me anymore.

She's happy.

Eight months after the divorce.

I want to go. I want to see her even just once. But I can't. My work has become my solace and I'm left to brood in the company of darkness. Her presence lingers in every corner of my mansion, I'm scared to go home.
I miss her antics and pranks, her silly games that brought warmth to my lonely life.

I miss her.

But she's happy.

Ten months after the divorce.

Luke. I know he speaks to her often. Sometimes, I'm tempted to ask him how she's faring. But I refrain from that, I do not want to interfere in her perfect little world.

She's happy,  I SAY THIS TO MYSELF EVERYDAY.

DIANE'S POV

One month after the divorce.

I found her,my mum. It was something I always wanted. But something's missing. I'm hoping,he'll maybe come after me, that He'll beg me to return,but I guess not. I've become a shadow of his past.

He's happy.

Three months after the divorce.

I met dad today. I don't know why the private investigator contacted me and offered to help me find him, but I'm glad he did.

Dad and I had lunch today. I'm happy that he now has a family of his own. I have a half sister. Isn't that exciting? Dad said he didn't know I existed,but that doesn't matter anymore.

I finally have the family I wanted.

I'm happy.

Six months after the divorce

We went on a date.

Stan.

The reason I'm still walking on my feet despite everything. The reason I can still smile.

I'm happy.

Eight months after the divorce.

Who said moving on was easy?

I smile but I cry.
I'm happy but I'm sad.
I move but I'm frozen.
I still think about him.

But, I'm happy? Aren't I?

Ten months after the divorce.

Luke. He's crazy. I'm glad he found the one. I'm always tempted to ask of him,but I don't. I do not want to go back to the past and get hurt again.

I'm happy? He's happy.
That's all that matters right?

That's what i tell myself everyday.

A/Ñ

Short chapter just to show what happens after the divorce. Next chapter will be longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 154K 52
what would you have done if you had a fight with the CEO of the company you work in and threw a bottle of 7 up on his face purposely outside a supe...
3.1M 124K 58
[Formerly titled Billion's Bride] [STATUS - EDITING] "I want a church wedding." "You want a church wedding?" He seethed. "Are you also open to consum...
251 2 8
"After years being in torched and abused by her father and brothers Aaisha finds herself tangeled in a forced marriage with a mafia king who is known...
379 14 22
she's a spontaneous wedding planner and a relationship phobic He is the heir of the Kingston empire that knows and loves love..... or so he thought...