Our Story -- A Donnie X Reade...

By -Pyro_Mania-

You were a girl with a secret, a secret that you swore to keep in fear of being hunted down or rejected. You... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
(A/n)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
(A/n)
Cosplay confessions - One Shot
👻🎃Halloween special 💀🍬
Chapter 16
Christmas and New Years special
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
(A/n) - New Title Page?
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Long Live Stan Lee
Chapter 23
Character Info

Chapter 24

1K 30 28
By -Pyro_Mania-

Chapter 23: tension between comrades

[A/n] Greetings readers, sorry for going quiet for a while. Just been busy with life and dealing with writers block lol. So I decided to make this chapter a bit longer, hopefully it's entertaining enough. Enjoy!

[Donnie's POV]

Ever since my return, everyone has been treating me like a fragile piece of glass. They all keep asking if I want anything or need anything, heck, even Raph is doing the nice treatment to me! Sometimes they'll even go easy on me during training, but Splinter always tells them off for going easy on me, since it's not fair if I get easy training and get too big of a head for it.

However, I've noticed there's a lot of tension between (y/n) and Raph. Everyone had thanked her for bringing me back and ever since then they've been gradually getting back to normal. But Raph, he keeps making rude or harsh remarks, a lot more then usual and mainly targeted towards (y/n).

It worries me that something might happen if I don't do anything to help get them to be friends again, and cut the tension between them.

[Your POV]

I watched on as the turtle brothers frolicked around Donnie, it was funny to watch since it was like Donnie was a royal prince with his own private maids.

A angered voice spoke up behind me, causing me to snap out of my thought process "what are you staring at?!" I turned to see it was non other then the jerk himself, Raph.

"for all you know I could be staring at the wall thank you very much." I hissed with venom of anger.

He narrowed his eyes, his grip on his arms tightened as he crossed them "whatever. Don't think for a second that I'll ever forgive you." I frowned disapprovingly "not planning on it hot head."

"what did you just call me?"

"you heard me. Red head."

"I dare you to say that again!!"

".......Red he-" before I could even finish my sentence, a fist sucker punched me directly at my nose.

I stumbled back and put a hand to my nose, pulling my hand away, traces of blood poured from my nose onto my hand.

I growled in annoyance, but I stayed calm, I was walking on egg shells around here - and if I caused a scene I would have my butt kicked straight out of here.

I began to walk away, just as Raph turned the opposite direction and stormed off to read his stupid comics.

Stupid Raph. Always getting in my way.

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?!"

Darn it. I said that out loud didn't I? I shook my head, whatever - he deserved it anyway.

Donnie had obviously heard the commotion and sped walked towards me, before rushing to my side when he saw blood trailing from my nose.

His eyes widened "what happened to your nose?!" he put his hand forward to wipe away the blood.

"I'm fine Don, just ran into the wall a bit too hard." I pushed his hand away, not wanting him to worry too much.

"you couldn't have possibly ran into a wall"

"you never know, I could've and I might've"

"I know you didn't since I heard the commotion between you and Raph" he pointed out.

Darn it.

I sighed, brushing a hand through my (h/c) hair. This happened all so suddenly in the time span of thirty seconds "yeah ok, I guess your right."

He shook his head, yet had a smile on his face, he walked towards the lab and grabbed a small medical bandaid and a bit of medical tape. Returning before tending to my poor beaten up nose.

Splinter walked out. He looked at all his sons and everyone else, contemplating something in his mind.

Leo perked up, seeing his father troubled "everything ok there Splinter?" he queried.

Splinter merely nodded "yes Leonardo. I am alright, I've just been thinking to myself lately.."

"bout what what Master Splinter dude?" mikey piped in, jumping up and over onto the couch, pizza slice in hand.

"bout unlocking all of your hidden powers."

Mikey gasped "like superpowers and stuff?!" he jumped up and down in the spot he was sitting in, getting super hyped.

Splinter laughed quietly "sort of, except it helps your strength throughout battle. But nothing like those superheroes in those comic books of yours."

His face fell with disappointment, crossing his arms he pouted like a child "it would've been way cooler if it was." he huffed.

Everyone burst out laughing at Mike's actions, honestly he was a little kid in a teenage turtles body. He's so confusing at times, one would question the age of his mentality.

Splinter smiled "rest up everyone, we have a big day of travelling tomorrow."

Everyone nodded, saying their good nights before heading off. I saw Raph in the corner of my eye, I quickly poke my tongue at him with a smug expression of my face, before speed walking into my room.

I leaned my ear towards the door, to hear him growling and mumbling under his breath angrily as he slammed his door shut. A satisfied feeling washing over me, it was always fun to annoy him sometimes. To a certain point.

But I jumped back when someone slammed their fist into my door, causing a loud bang and for me to jump back, squeaking in fright.

I heard Raph howl with laughter from the other side of the door, before finally walking into his room. 'how dare he.' I thought as I glared at the door. The poor piece of wood hadn't done anything yet it was getting so much hate towards it.

I blew a raspberry at the door before flopping into bed. To be fair, we were both acting like spoilt children bickering over nothing, but I can't help it if he annoys me first.

Sighing, I snuggled into the linen and fell asleep, the curiosity lingering in my mind of what was to come for tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning came way too fast for comfort. Having been woken up by someone profusely knocking on my door excitedly, not to mention any names. Cough cough - mikey.

We all stood at the exit, trying to grasp a sense on where we were going. A little excitement flickering in all our chests. Well, who wouldn't be just that little bit excited if someone mentioned something about related to powers?

Splinter smiled, seeing everyone standing in front of him, trying to desperately hide their excitement "alright everyone. Let's go, follow me"

We all responded with nods as we followed our sensei to the location. However, as we ran, I noticed that the path we were taking was oddly... Familiar in a sense.

That's when I realised as the mountain in front of us towered over us, that this way the same mountain I took Donnie to, to bring him back alive.

We all attached ropes to ourselves as we made the treacherous climb up the tall rocky wall, the occasional whining of how long till we get to the top now or are we there yet coming from Casey and Mikey.

After twenty minutes of agonising same complaints being said over and over again, Splinter spoke up "if you are complaining, then maybe you need more training with rock climbing Casey and Michelangelo." His tone of voice gave away he was smirking, even if he wasn't looking at us.

They immediately stopped complaining, bullets of sweat forming on their brows "no master Splinter!" They said in unison, their faces highlighting with a pink hue of embarrassment.

We all laughed at their childish behaviour, it was quite comical when Splinter would easily just roast someone or just be so blunt out of the blue. It just catches you off guard and you can't help but laugh. But then again, you would never want to be on the receiving end either.

As we got to the top, Casey flopped onto the ground, over dramatically flopping onto his stomach, breathing out heavily in exhaustion. Splinter move forward, seemingly not phased by climbing such a high and steep mountain face.

He looked up to the skies and waved his emerald textured cane around a few times, before slamming the tip of his cane to the ground, causing a loud smack to ring out in an echo.

The same blue lights from when I brought Donnie here appear, yet they seem to look like small ghost like sprites. Their big eyes glowing bright golden white as they danced around us, whispering amongst themselves.

Raph got annoyed at them when some of them gathered around his head, swatting them away as they flew back to avoid being hit - even though it looked like his hands could easily phased through it- and continued to circle him.

They all soon gathered in front of us all, mushing together into a larger form of themselves but as one. "Greetings. Master Splinter.."

Everyone was shocked at first, how did it know his name? "Greetings. I assume you know why we're here?"

The sprite nodded, it held its hands out to us, before lights appeared in its hands "I assume you want me to give your students their powers....?"

Master Splinter nodded, before stepping aside for it to do its thing. It floated over to us, it's blank white eyes staring us down as it looked us up and down individually, as it's form gracefully glided by us all slowly.

Once it was done, it floated to be in a position to look at us all yet being in front so we could look at it "You, the orange bandanna one."

Mikey gulped as he stepped forward, trying to look calm, though he was obviously freaking out and fanboying over the fact he's gonna get a 'superpower'.

The blue figure stared at him for a moment "you have the mind of a child, having the tendency to prefer playing games rather then working, but you have a heart of gold when it comes to others. In battle, you are quick and agile, whilst also finding the fun in it in certain situations."

"And for that, you have been bestowed with the power of a fox." It finished, before a see through, orange silhouette of a fox ran and leaned forward, phasing into Mikey's chest.

Mikey had a confused look on his face before he walked backwards, standing back into the line, beginning to poke his chest thinking that he was made out of jelly or something.

The blue silhouette turned to Donnie, who seemed to start shaking slightly under its cold and unreadable gaze. It spoke "Your intelligence is far more superior to your fellow comrades when it comes to science and technology, but sometimes lack the smarts when it comes to emotional matters. You have a sharp eye and a very creative mind when it comes to building various objects and items. I bestow upon you the power, of the eagle."

The same thing that happened to Mikey followed suite with Donnie, but instead of a fox it was an eagle that soared gracefully through the air. This continued for everyone, since Raph was strong yet short tempered, he was given the power of a tiger.

Leo, for his calm nature yet powerful abilities, got a dragon. April, for her kind nature and her abilities, got a snake. Casey, for his rash and childish behaviours during battles, got the power of a monkey.

And finally, me. I gulped as I stood forward, standing up straight and tall with my head held high. The blue figure made its way in my direction, before swirling around me.

I now understood why the others seemed to shake under its gaze, it had this wise and gentle stare as it looked into your eyes, but at the same time- it looked like it could see right through your soul.

It hummed for a moment, as if thinking "you... I can sense you have hidden abilities, whose power you have not yet been able to tame. Am I correct?"

I nodded slowly, the creature then looking into my eyes "you have been granted the power of a king cobra."

As she said that, an overly large cobra appears before me, unlike the others who had animals according to their colours, mine almost looked like it had its natural colours a real cobra would have.

It's black scales shone in the morning sun, yellow hues having been painted onto his neck where the hood of its head lie by nature. It's shiny black eyes staring into mine. I stared back, like in a trance, before it suddenly charged towards me. Baring it's fangs it phased into my chest, the sound of it hissing ringing through my ears like loud sirens before dissipating like nothing happened.

The blue creature before me floated back "my job here is done." It simply said aloud, before disappearing into thin air.

Silence. It was almost becoming awkward by how long of a pause there was between us all. Before Mikey threw his fists into the air as he cried out happily.

"Yeah!! He have superpowers now!!!" His excited expression soon faded into a confused one "Uh... how do we use them?" He queried as he turned to look at Master Splinter.

He smiled softly at the turtle brother "in due time Michelangelo. In due time."

"But how long is in due time..?!"

"As long as it takes."

"Yeah but how longs that?!"

"As long as it needs to take my son. After all, you all are the ones who have to figure out how to activate and use them." Splinter finished with an amused smirk.

We all groaned in annoyance, great. More work and more training than normal, wonder how that'll fit into everyone's schedule.

After a few protests, everyone headed back home. Casey and April had to go home due to having plans for the day, we all waved our goodbyes and I departed to my room.

I sigh as I open my door, shutting it behind me and flopping onto my bed. After a while of sitting there, I shuffled and moved to lay on my back, staring intently up at the ceiling.

As I go to put my arms behind my head, I catch a marking on my upper left arm. I looked at it and noticed it was a black symbol of a king cobra.

"Must be a symbol for the power I got. Wonder if the others got markings too.." I mumbled aloud.

"Then again.. I wonder what powers it holds for all of us that we are yet to discover." I sigh, putting my arms behind my head after finishing inspecting my arm "though as Master Splinter said, we'll all find out in due time.. it's just a matter of finding out when that time will be."

My mind pondered the possibilities of what could happen. It's just scary to think that our powers might even come with horrible consequences.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 2.5K 102
"She could have died today for me, and I didn't even know her name." ------------------------- Imagine that there are no limits for you. No yesterda...
7K 124 20
!! Rated 5/5 and HIGHER! #1 IN TMNTLEO TAG 6/1/24 + #66 IN APRIL TAG --|Description: Y/N L/N, a young robotics engineer, transferred to New York City...
13.2K 292 24
You were in the Foot Clan, fighting grounds keepers. When you saw another piece of the darker armor your sensei's didn't see. You decided to retrieve...
97.6K 2.2K 75
Her name is (Y/F/N) .She been working for Shredder right till the second invasion of the Kraang when Shredder finaly took over New York. He has lie...