My Happily Ever After?

By Iamcrazy-iamreal

"We are getting married"he dictated. I sat there unable to move. How could anyone be so emotionless in askin... More

NEW BOOK ALERT!!!
1-CINDERELLA?
2-GAME CHANGER
3-JC ENTERPRISE
4-BAD NEWS
5-JOHN CARTER
6-THE NOT-SO-ROMANTIC DATE
7-THE BLUNT PROPOSAL
8-MY CHOICE
9-GREG
10-DINNER WITH THE CARTERS
11-THE WEDDING
12-THE TO-DO LIST
13-STUCK
14-TIARA
15-THE SECRET ROOM
16-HIS CONFESSION
17-I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU
18- LOVE HURTS
19-SOMETIMES, LOVE SUCKS
20-THE DIVORCE (1)
21-THE DIVORCE (2)
22-THE DIVORCE(3)
24-REGRETS?
25-WE MEET AGAIN
AUTHOR'S NOTE
26-LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY
27-HE'S MY EX.
28-DO I?
29-I DO.
30-FOR YOU,I'LL LEARN.
EPILOGUE:MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER?

23-WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU A JERK

2.5K 118 11
By Iamcrazy-iamreal

Cause I hate goodbyes,
I hate these tears in my eyes,
I hate myself for the way I feel,
About you everytime,
I've had enough.

I HATE LOVE
CLAUDE KELLY

DIANE'S POV

What do you do when life gives you a jerk?. A jerk you fall in love with? What do you do when life gives you a bonus along with that jerk-a bitch?

But most importantly, What do you do when you can't help but still love this jerk?

Well, I have so many questions.

As I sat before John, my eyes searching his for any hint of sadness or maybe regret, I realized that we truly weren't meant for each other.

" That will be all,congratulations Mr Carter"The lawyer, Mr Chase announced. He turned to me,"Miss Coker"He nodded in acknowledgement before gathering his files and disappearing through the front door.

"So..." John trailed off,he was looking anywhere but at me.

That's a first. I scoffed

"What? Are you ashamed cause you feel guilty?" I spat.

His expression turned dark and he glared right at me. "Guilty of what?"

"The text, everything" I snarled.

"I already told you I didn't send a text"

"I did" A voice filled the room. It was Tiara. She emerged from the stairs with a smirk stuck to her stupid face.

Every chance of me ever being civil with her vanished into thin air and I lunged towards her,slapping her as hard as I could.

"You bitch"she sneered.

"Oh really, I am the bitch now?"

"Stop this" John cut in. "It's all in the past"

"In the past?" I fumed. "My dad is lying in a hospital all because of her silly act and you say it's all in the past?"

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"You are really one hell of an asshole. I really thought maybe, just maybe, you were just a broken man hiding behind that façade of a jerk" I hushed Tiara with a wave of my hand and then returned my attention to John. "So how much?"

His brows pulled together in confusion.

"I mean how much are you gonna pay me off with? A million dollars? Ten? Cause seriously, you didn't expect me to leave without a thing while you got your inheritance"

" You gold digging bitch"Tiara spat.

"Just shut up girl, I think you're running out of profanities"

"Money?" John muttered.

"Oh yes money . What? You didn't think I'll need it?"

"I always knew she was just a gold digger, J. " Tiara rushed to John's side. "She's finally showing her true colors. First you, then Greg and now she's going after Luke. All she wants is money"

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just get this over with. No need for drama Tiara"

John stormed upstairs and returned after a while with a cheque book.

"What do you want? Ten? Twenty? A hundred?"He thundered as he grabbed a pen from the glass coffee table.

The exact pen that ended our marriage.

How pitiful.

"How about we start with a Ten" I responded while retaining a calm facade, while indeed, there was a storm brewing inside me. How did he see me now? A gold digger? It didn't matter now right? It was all over.

In one quick motion,he wrote a cheque and threw it at me.

I crouched down to pick it up,all the while looking him in the eye.

Pathetic...I know.

I rose to my feet. "Good enough. It was nice doing business with you" Wasn't that what they said in the movies?

I extended my hand for a handshake. He didn't take it and so I returned my hand to my side. I marched towards the door, reminiscing of every silly memory of the mansion, the marriage. I paused and turned to look at John.

"Trust me,it won't last" My eyes shifted to Tiara and then back to John. I forced a weak smile and walked out, leaving everything behind.

✴✴✴✴
LUKE'S POV

It was fun watching their story unfold, mostly because my friend is an Idiot.

The brunette-I can't remember her name-pecked me lightly on the cheek.

"Good morning hun," she sat up as she wrapped the blanket around herself.

She was indeed pretty, I never go for anything less,but, she talked too much and I hated that.

Hope she doesn't intend to have breakfast here.

I glanced at my wall clock, it was already 8:14. I scrambled out of bed.

"So..." The brunette began but I cut her off immediately.

"You have to go" I quickly told her.

Her nose crinkled in distaste. "Why?"

Think, Luke, think.

How do I get rid of her?

My phone went off and I checked the caller ID, it was Diane.

Thank you, Diane. You're my savior.

I picked the call. "Hello honey"

"What the hell,Luke. Are you drunk?" She asked over the phone.

"You're coming now?" I pretended I was in panic mode, as I threw things around.

"Let me guess, you have a guest" I imagined she rolled her eyes, cause yes, that's something Diane would do.

"I love you so much, bye. See you soon" I ended the call. "That's my wife, she's on her way here"

The look of horror on the brunette's face wasn't surprising.

"You. Pig. You . didn't. Say. You. Were married" She cursed as she gathered her things. For a moment, I thought she was gonna walk past me but she slapped me,hard. "Disgusting pig"she spat before she left.

I really deserved that.

I sighed in relieve as I rubbed my chin.

That girl sure knows how to slap.

I collapsed on the bed and retrieved my phone. I dialed Diane's number. She answered on the first ring.

"Another guess" she began immediately. "You told her I was your wife right?"

"Do you know I love you so much Diane?" I teased.

"One day, you're gonna loose your family jewels. Trust me"

"Till then, Anny. Till then"

The line suddenly grew silent.

"Diane?"

There was a sigh and then faint noises.

"Where are you?"

"On my way to the airport" she replied. "I'm leaving for LA in an hour"

I sat up immediately. "But...Without goodbyes?"

I understood her, trust me, I did. It was already two weeks after her divorce was finalized. It was hard for her, considering the fact that every news agency in New York were trying to get a story out of her. It was so bad, she had to live with her parents.

There was another sigh. "I'll really miss you Luke"

"When will you return?"

She let out a short laugh which sounded forced. "maybe tomorrow, maybe never"

"Anny, do take care of yourself and remember, I'll always be your awesome coach. Contact me for your next heartbreak"

I heard her chuckle and this time, it was sincere.

"Goodbye, Luke."

"Stop the drama. We can always Skype,or call or text"

There was a brief silence and I realized that she probably wanted to leave everything and everyone behind.

"Luke" her soft voice sounded after a while. "You can give it to him now."

"I will"

"Okay, have to go now"

"But Diane,only if you promise to call."

"Typical Luke. I promise I will"

*

When I got to John's office, he was buried in paperwork. He really looked sleep deprived and I'm sure I know why.

I slumped on his couch. "Hey man"

He simply gave me a brief nod and then returned to his work.

"Aren't you gonna call her?"

He raised his head to look at me.

"I do not have time for this"

"Whatever,man" I stood up and handed over the envelope. "Here, I came here for this"

He took the envelope. "What's this?"

"Just read it" I headed for the door but paused,"And man, it's already too late. She's gone"

JOHN'S POV

Luke left my office. I tore the envelope open and the first thing I saw was the cheque I issued Diane and then there was a letter.

"Hey, sugar bunch,

Do not get all angry now. You have to admit, that was a cute name right? Haha. I'll just imagine you scowling. So it's all over right? So you don't mind if I rant a bit?. I'll just go ahead since you can't really do anything.

Firstly, Tiara is a bitch. BE WARNED. You love her, don't you? But she doesn't. You are smart,John,I expect you to know this. I know how it feels when someone doesn't reciprocate your feelings. It is the worst feeling ever. Enough about me.

Secondly, sparkles, I sent her to mum-I mean, Mrs Sarah. Keep her, she's too cute.

Thirdly, you remember the night when I told you I loved you. I really did mean it. And John, It broke my heart that it didn't bother you and you proposed to Tiara the very next morning"

If only she knew I did it cause I was jealous.

" Thirdly, you remember when I said,I didn't love you anymore? I'm working on that John. Soon, very soon, I will be able to say that and mean it.

It's funny cause this is how it all ends. Are you a fan of romance movies? I guess not. But you should try watching them, my favourite is 27 dresses.

THE PERFECT LOVE.

There really is nothing like that,is there?

If by any chance you read to this point, thanks.

I'll miss you for a while but,it will pass. I hope you find true happiness.

With love,
Your ex-wife. "

She's gone.

'It's too late' Luke's voice rang in my head.

I brushed the papers off my table in one swift motion.

FUCK.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 123K 58
[Formerly titled Billion's Bride] [STATUS - EDITING] "I want a church wedding." "You want a church wedding?" He seethed. "Are you also open to consum...
17 1 14
Evelyn looked at Pedro and said. Mrs Dolez! I can't.. I can't be the one. I think this is another misunderstanding. Pedro laughs a little. You don't...
12.2M 395K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
1.7M 51K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...