Killing Time || larry

By gaysicle

••complete 2014•• harry and louis spend the summer together More

Preface
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Nineteen

Eighteen

12K 667 340
By gaysicle

It's the last day of summer. Harry is stuck working until close and when he wakes up tomorrow he's back to school. He's a senior. He's going into his last year and it's so much more real now.

No one is in the restaurant so he lazily cleans tables and puts the chairs up. Marie isn't even in so he has no one to talk to. He kind of wishes he could text on the job because he wants to talk to Liam and Louis. He pouts as he cleans the last table and then walks back behind the counter. He cleans the area behind him and hums stupid songs to himself. This is how he started his summer and it's how he's going to finish it.

Finally midnight comes and he runs off to the back. He changes his clothes and signs himself out. He walks back to the front, swinging his car keys when he sees him.

Louis is sitting on the counter swinging his feet and Harry gets déjà vu. It's like the first night and he smiles and moves to the employee door.

"And you're here because...?" Harry asks. Louis looks over at him and grins happily. He jumps off the counter and walks over to him.

"I need a drive home," Louis states obviously. Harry just rolls his eyes and grabs Louis' hand, bringing him to the door. Harry lets himself out and he prays his manager remembers to lock up.

They both get in the car and Louis slides in. Harry does the same and when he starts the car Louis turns it to the music he likes. It's so much like the first night, but so different.

"So, Harry," Louis starts. Harry looks over at him as he pulls out of the now empty parking lot.

"So, Louis," Harry mocks him. Louis smiles wide at him, amusement written all over his face.

"Shut up. Anyways, we're not going to my house," Louis tells him. Harry looks over at him and Louis just points to the left. Harry turns and Louis nods.

"Remember how when we first met you agreed to just kill time with me all Summer? Well, summer isn't over yet and we have one final place to visit," Louis explains.

"I didn't agree to all summer, if I remember correctly," Harry points out.

"Well, too bad. Okay, turn left again," Louis instructs. Harry does and he really wants to know where they're going.

"So, I have one last special place to show you," Louis tells him. Harry nods and continues to drive. Louis gives him instructions until they come to a beach. It's a small beach and Harry's been here before. He doesn't come often because it's not that popular and it's far away.

"The beach?" he asks. Louis just nods and gets out of the car. Harry stumbles out after him and follows him to the sandy edge. Louis takes off his shoes and holds them as he steps onto the beach.

"I come here when I need to think," Louis tells him. Harry's slipped off his shoes too and he's now walking beside Louis. His toes dig under the sand and he listens as the waves hit the shore.

"The beach is a good place to think. That's probably why it's used in movies and books, because it's beautiful and just calm. You feel at peace when you're at a beach," Louis continues to talk.

"That's true," Harry says. His side brushes Louis' and his feet walk along the shoreline. It's nice being here and the moon is a small sliver in the sky.

"Yeah. I brought you here because well it's pretty - like you - and I feel safe here and I just wanted to show you my safe place. I came here quite a bit this summer actually and just thought about a lot of things I guess," Louis tells him. Louis' voice is a soft whisper even though they're the only ones there. Between his voice and the ocean meeting the shore Harry is transfixed.

"So, I wanted to end my summer here with you because it's my favorite place and you're my favorite person," Louis looks up at him and Harry blushes. It's too dark to see it but Louis grins and Harry knows Louis knows he's blushing.

Louis just sits down now and Harry slowly sinks down too. His feet bury themselves in the sand and the two boys look over the never ending ocean. The stars aren't twinkling in the sky and the wind has a chill. Harry shivers and Louis is taking off his sweater and giving it to him.

"I was supposed to get you to bring me home and make it like our first night and ask you to be my boyfriend," Louis tells him. Harry feels his heart beat pick up and he turns to look at the side of Louis' face. The boy is still looking at the ocean.

"I was going to -because Zack said it'd be cute - but I felt like this meant more. I don't know. I know I've wanted to ask you the question all summer, but I was nervous. We're so different and yet so alike. You're just so... Wonderful. You're like not even real and yet you're sitting here with me and I'm rambling," - Louis says with a blush. He looks over to Harry who's just sitting there not knowing what to do - "This is my very long way of asking you to be my boyfriend and I sound really stupid, but I just really like you so, will you be my boyfriend?"

Harry is nodding instantly. Why would he say no? He is head over heels for the blue eyed boy and the relief that fills Louis' face makes him laugh.

"Don't laugh at me!" Louis demands in embarrassment. Harry continues to laugh and leans forward to kiss the other boy. Louis pulls away and glares at him.

"You're still laughing!" Louis accuses. Harry just grabs his face and kisses his lips.

"You're just really cute," Harry chuckles. Louis rolls his eyes and scoots away, crossing his arms.

"I feel like you, all awkward and blushy," Louis mumbles. Harry pulls him back to him and kisses the side of his head, still smiling like an idiot.

"It's adorable," Harry reassures him.

"Shut up," Louis replies quickly. Harry just chuckles again and buries his head in Louis' neck.

"Don't be mad at me. I can't help how cute you are," Harry tries. Louis grimaces and tries to move away, but Harry keeps him close.

"I have the cutest boyfriend," Harry brags to no one and he feels Louis go soft in his arms. He realizes what he said and looks up to see Louis looking down at him, his face all soft and fond.

"I like that," Louis admits and Harry leans up to capture his lips again. Louis actually kisses him back this time and Harry can't help but smile into the kiss.

"I like it too. I also really like you," Harry tells him. Louis rolls his eyes and turns away, but remains in Harry's arms.

"I'm still mad at you for laughing," Louis tells him.

"I was laughing at your face!" Harry tries to defend himself and Louis turns to him with his mouth open.

"No! I mean, your look of relief when I said yes. I thought you'd know I'd say yes and so I laughed because you looked so relieved, like I was going to say no, but we both know I'd say yes. I mean why would I say no? I obviously li-"

Louis cuts him off by kissing him and it's such an awkward kiss because Harry just wasn't expecting it. Louis pulls away and now he laughs because Harry is blushing.

"Don't laugh at me," Harry mumbles and Louis surprisingly stops and kisses his cheek.

"Let's go. We have school tomorrow," Louis says, standing to his feet. Harry gets up too and Louis grabs both their shoes. They walk back to Harry's car and slip on their shoes silently.

The drive back to the house is filled with the radio and both boys are tired. Louis holds Harry's hand in the middle and his head rests against the window. They arrive at Louis' house at almost 2am and Louis leans over the seat to kiss Harry's awaiting lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Louis grins. Harry holds onto his hand and Louis looks at him.

"Can I pick you up tomorrow?" Harry asks. Louis' eyes light up and he nods, kissing Harrys knuckles.

"I have to go. Mom will be mad if she hears me come in," Louis says. Harry laughs and nods, letting him go. Harry rolls down his window and when Louis passes it he calls his name.

"Night, Lou." Louis looks at his house and then comes back to the car and kisses Harry through the window.

"Night, sweetheart," he whispers against his lips before he connects them again.

"Louis Tomlinson, it is two in the morning, get in the house," Jay commands from the door. Louis squeaks and pulls away to face his tired and angry mother.

Harry just laughs and drives away from the familiar house. He arrives at his and grabs his bag from the back and shuts off his car. He quietly let's himself into his house and almost screams when he sees Anne sitting on the stairs.

"You were off at 12," she states flatly.

"I got a little busy," Harry swallows.

"With?" Anne asks in her angry mother tone.

"Louis," Harry mumbles. Anne just sighs and stands to her feet.

"Keep breaking rules for Louis and you'll lose your car and phone. I was worried sick and I called you and you never answered. Get to bed, Harry, it's a school night," Anne scolds. Harry nods and scampers past her.

He arrives at his bedroom door and is prepared to hide. He hates being in trouble.

"Harry?" Anne calls. He turns slowly to face her and she's at her door, hand on the knob.

"I love you," she tells him. He smiles at her, dimples coming out.

"Love you too, mom. Night," Harry tells her.

He walks into his room to see his laptop and television gone. He groans loudly and he can hear her laugh from her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 54.4K 32
••complete 2014•• louis runs a gang and harry dates gang members
188K 3.2K 21
*COMPLETED*
4.1M 24.6K 44
the title says it all.
3.1M 58.8K 88
This story contains mature and explicit content