My Happily Ever After?

By Iamcrazy-iamreal

"We are getting married"he dictated. I sat there unable to move. How could anyone be so emotionless in askin... More

NEW BOOK ALERT!!!
1-CINDERELLA?
2-GAME CHANGER
4-BAD NEWS
5-JOHN CARTER
6-THE NOT-SO-ROMANTIC DATE
7-THE BLUNT PROPOSAL
8-MY CHOICE
9-GREG
10-DINNER WITH THE CARTERS
11-THE WEDDING
12-THE TO-DO LIST
13-STUCK
14-TIARA
15-THE SECRET ROOM
16-HIS CONFESSION
17-I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU
18- LOVE HURTS
19-SOMETIMES, LOVE SUCKS
20-THE DIVORCE (1)
21-THE DIVORCE (2)
22-THE DIVORCE(3)
23-WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU A JERK
24-REGRETS?
25-WE MEET AGAIN
AUTHOR'S NOTE
26-LOVE YOU LIKE CRAZY
27-HE'S MY EX.
28-DO I?
29-I DO.
30-FOR YOU,I'LL LEARN.
EPILOGUE:MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER?

3-JC ENTERPRISE

2.7K 136 22
By Iamcrazy-iamreal

Diane's POV

"Hi"he said from the other end of the receiver . "I just thought I would ask you if you're free tomorrow, so... Are you free? "

He's so cute.

"Well guess what" I said.

"What?"

"Your firm hired my firm to decorate their new store and I have a meeting there tomorrow" I said excitedly.

"Oh my! Congratulations, that's perfect, so can we meet after...."

"Of course, gotta go prepare for my big meeting"I didn't wait for him to finish.

I'm so stupid.

" okay,bye"

I ended the call.

Back to my magazines.

                   🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

I stood in front of my mirror trying to figure out if my outfit was perfect. I wore a milk colored shirt tucked in a suede black pencil skirt and had my posh heels on.

   I applied BB cream and concealer on my face. I wanted to look professional so I applied a neutral colored blush to my cheekbones. I carefully applied liquid eyeliner to my eyelids and a coat of mascara to my eyelashes.

I simply applied lip gloss on my lips.

Done.

My bag and files were on the bedside table so I carefully collected them, trying my best not to knock my lamp down. I glanced at the wall clock above my bed.

8:25.

The meeting was scheduled for 9:00am and I had to pick up Claire from her apartment in the upper west side.

I hurried out. "Good Luck, Anny" Liza called out as I stepped out of the house.

It was a 10 minute drive to Claire's apartment. After picking her up, we drove to the JC headquarters which was in upper Manhattan.

We got there by 8:50.

We pulled into the parking lot. The building was enormous, it was lined with numerous glass windows.

"This is it" I said as we stepped out of the car. I grabbed my things and strode confidently into the building with Claire trailing behind me.

Don't mess up. Don't mess up.

We walked through the large glass doors. The lobby was huge with several chairs lined at the corner.

I walked to the receptionist's desk. She immediately wore a smile the moment I approached her.

"Welcome to JC enterprise, how may I help you miss?" She asked.

I wondered how she managed to speak so well while flashing her teeth.

"I have a 9 o'clock appointment with the head of the PR department. Diane Coker, owner of Coker Interior Designs"

"Just hold on miss" She phoned someone, probably the head of the PR department to inform him or her of my arrival. I really hope I'll be meeting with a woman.

"Okay Ma, I'll send her up" she spoke and hung up the telephone.

Thank God it's a woman.

She turned to me. "Take the elevator to the 13th floor. The last door by the left at the end of the hallway" she said with a smile.

"Thank you"

We walked to the elevator and thankfully it dinged.

I don't want to stand here like an idiot.

The doors opened to reveal a man dressed in a gray suit. He had dark hair that was neatly dressed to the back. He looked so serious as his perfectly constructed Jaw moved up and down as he spoke. He was in a serious discussion with three other men in the elevator.

He realized that the elevator had opened so he stepped out while still talking to the men.

Bump.

"What the hell!?" His hoarse voice echoed through the lobby. "Can't you watch were you're going?"

He was creating a scene cause I noticed people staring. I didn't know what to do. He was the one so deep in his conversation that he didn't notice me standing here. So why is he yelling?

"I'm sorry but you bumped into me..."

"You ought to be sorry. Are you just naturally clumsy or are you entirely stupid?"

I noticed the men that were with him throw pitiful glances my way.

I have never been so humiliated.

"Just shut the hell up" I roared once I noticed him trying to leave. I walked to his front, and gazed at his cold hard eyes. He was taller than I but I wasn't going to be intimidated by that. He looked vaguely familiar like I had seen him somewhere.

"You bumped into me, insulted me and you tried to leave? What the hell is wrong with you, you self centered maniac? If you've got an attitude problem better know who you mess with. A**hole" I snapped.

Better hurry out of here before he eats me alive.

  I noticed Claire's expression. It was like she disapproved of what I just did. His mouth grew wide in shock. He tried to say something but no words came out.

All said and done I walked to the elevator with my head held up high. Claire followed me in. The doors closed and soon we were going up.

I looked at Claire and I noticed she was itching to say something.

"What?"I asked.

"That was John Carter, the CEO. You just freaking yelled at the CEO. I think we better go home"

Holy cow. So that's why he looked familiar. I had seen his pictures in the magazines Liza stacked at home.

"John Carter?"I gulped.

                 🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋
Due to the incident at the lobby, Claire and I were   late for the meeting. The meeting lasted for 2 hours.  I met with the PR head, Mrs Evelyn James. I had shown her the ideas I had for the store and she made it clear things the company wanted in the store.

      After the meeting, I sent Claire back to the office. I called Greg to inform him I was done with the meeting. We decided to meet in the lobby. It was already 11:45.

    I pressed the elevator button and soon it dinged. A group of female employees walked out, gossiping among themselves. Their chatter died down once they noticed me.

I walked into the elevator.
"She was the one"I heard one of them whisper to her colleagues. She was a blonde,  probably in her early twenties. I ignored her comment.

You just dug your grave Diane.

When i got to the lobby, people turned to stare at me. They murmured among themselves and I noticed some women glaring at me.

I wanted the floor to just open up and swallow me.

Finally.

I noticed Greg near the door. I tried to make my way to him through the crowd of people.

The fuck.

I came to a halt once I noticed who he was talking to. On cue, Greg noticed me and waved. But I think my brains failed cause I quickly turned.

Not that arrogant asshole again.

"Diane? "I heard Greg call out.

I took a deep breath and turned. Thankfully, the jerk was gone.

"We meet again"I heard a familiar voice call from behind. I turned and came face to face with the rude maniac.

Oh Mr Asshole.

The smirk on his face disappeared and was replaced with fury.

Please don't tell me I said that out loud.

"What!? "He thundered.

I guess I did. I love you Liza and Adrian. Take care of mum and dad,  I'm definitely dead.

      🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
Someone better dig a grave for Diane. 😂😂😂.

Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2M 395K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
985K 31.1K 51
He was so stubborn, adamant not to marry the girl he had never encountered with. She was left alone standing in the altar, humiliated. Her betrothed...
13.2K 442 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...
755K 25.6K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...