For A Reason {Mark Sloan} - C...

By runninginfear

" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two... More

one::
two::
three::
four::
five::
six::
seven::
eight::
nine::
ten::
eleven::
twelve::
thirteen::
fourteen::
fifteen::
sixteen::
seventeen::
eighteen::
Life is short.
nineteen ::
twenty::
twenty one::
twenty two::
twenty three::
twenty four::
twenty five:::
twenty six:::
twenty seven:::
twenty eight :::
twenty nine:::
thirty :::
thirty one:::
thirty two:::
thirty three:::
thirty four:::
thirty five:::
thirty six:::
thirty seven:::
thirty eight:::
thirty nine:::
forty:::
forty one:::
forty two:::
forty three:::
forty four:::
forty five:::
forty six:::
forty seven:::
THANK YOU
forty eight:::
forty nine:::
fifty::::
fifty one::::
fifty two::::
fifty three::::
fifty five:::::
fifty six::::
fifty seven::::
fifty eight:::::
fifty nine::::
The End.

fifty four::::

3.9K 93 5
By runninginfear

[ the end ]

mark's pov

There had been one survivor. An unaccompanied girl. She was all alone on that flight. She became the only one to survive on that flight. It didn't seem fair. One passenger out of 200. 

I was finally able to get out of the hospital. It had been a long day. I felt like shit. I had spent all of the afternoon informing families their loved one was dead. The hardest part was telling Brandy. It all seemed so surreal. It felt like it didn't happen, but unfortunately it did happen.

I went over to Meredith and Derek's to find her. I didn't want her to be alone right now. I didn't trust her. I didn't trust her to be by herself. I didn't want her to do something stupid.

I lightly knocked on the door, "Brandy?"

No answer.

"Look, I know you're home, Brandy," I closed my eyes and let out a sigh, "Brandy." I leant my head against the door.

I pulled out my keys, remembering Brandy had given me one when things weren't so bad between us.

"Brandy?" I called, as I slowly stepped inside.

I headed upstairs as I heard the water running in the shower. I knocked lightly on the door. I waited a few moments but there was nothing. "Brands," I pushed the door open and slowly walked in. I looked over at the shower and saw her sitting down, her knees tightly pulled against her chest.

"Hey, come on," I told her, as I turned the water off and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around her and helped her up, "Careful," I told her as she climbed clumsily over the tub.

I lead her to her room and pulled out some clothes for her. I looked up at her as I helped her in, she looked so,so broken. That was an understatement. She had gone through so much shit. It wasn't fair. I wanted to take her pain away. I wished it was me instead of her. But I couldn't take it away. I couldn't do anything. All I could do was stand back and feel sorry for her.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked, as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"Get out," She said in a quiet, low voice.

brandy's pov

"What?" A frown appeared on his face as his eyes sunk.

I know he just wanted to help, but he wasn't helping. He couldn't help. No one could help me right now.

"Just-just get out," I said louder.

"I don't-" He started.

"I said get out!" I screamed, starting to sob, "Get out! Get out!" I started to hit him and push him to the door, until he fell almost right out of the room. I slammed the door and fell into bed. I continued to cry and cry. Then I felt that horrible, unexplainable feeling. It hit me like a truck. It felt dark and wrong, the feeling of death. I'd felt it a lot the last couple of years, yet I still couldn't explain it. All I knew was that it felt wrong and surreal. It didn't feel right. I hated it. I hated it. I hated it.

My phone started to ring with a call from Ben. I couldn't handle it right now. I couldn't do it. I took the phone and threw it across the room. Landing on the floor with a thud.

"Shut up!" I screamed at it as it continued to ring, knowing well it wouldn't stop it.

°°

nineteen years ago                                                     

"Shut up!" Cristal yelled at me.

"You shut up!" I yelled back.

"Both of you shut up!" my oldest brother yelled.

The three of us started to push each other.

"You guys," My dad poked his head out of the hospital room, "Want to quit fighting and come meet your new bother?"

"Can we?" Jack sat up.

My dad nodded with a smile.

"Okay," Jack said, standing up and walking towards the room.

Cristal and I looked up at each other before cautiously entering the room. Another brother?! You had to be kidding me, one was plenty!

"Meet your little brother, Ian Parker," My mom smiled, as she held him in her arms.

"Wow," I smiled, "He's actually cute."

My dad chuckled, picking me up and setting me down on the end of the bed.

"Cristal, do you want to hold him?" My mom asked.

She nodded with excitement, and held her arms out as my mom placed him in her arms.

"I can't believe I have another brother," I sighed.

My mom and dad laughed.

"I can't believe I finally got a brother!" Jack smiled, "My turn."

"Fine," Cristal muttered, handing Ian over to him.

Jack hold onto him for a seconds before deciding he was already over having a brother, "Okay, I'm done."

"Brands?" My dad looked to me.

"Oh my gosh. Mom? Can I really?" I beamed with excitement.

She nodded, and I carefully took him from Jack.

"Hi Ian," I smiled, "I can't wait to teach you how to play basketball and softball. You know I didn't know how I felt about having a baby brother, but now I know you're going to be my best friend."

-

twelve years ago

"You know when you were first born, I said you we're going to be my best friend?" I looked to my brother.

"Yeah right," he laughed.

"I did!" I said, "I also vowed to teach you how to play basketball, and intramurals start next week and I've never even seen you pick up a basketball."

"Of course I have!" he shouted at me.

"Okay then, lets see what you got!" I passed him the ball.

"Watch this!" he threw the ball at the hoop, it hit the rim and bounced back to him.

"Hey, let me teach you a trick dad taught me when I first started learning."

-

twenty one years ago 

"Okay, you see that white box up there?" my dad pointed to the hoop.

"Yep," I nodded.

"You want to aim for the center of that every time you shoot the ball. It's almost guaranteed to make a basket if you hit there," he said.

"Really?" I looked up at him.

"Really," he nodded, "Why don't try it?"

"Okay," I nodded and shot the ball, hitting right inside the box. The ball fell down right into the rim.

"Great job, kiddo!"

"I did it, dad! I did it!"

-

nine years ago

"I did it dad. I did it. One year clean," I smiled.

"I'm so proud of you! I believed in you honey! I knew you would do it!" my dad laughed with joy.

"At least someone did," I sighed.

"Oh, come on honey," he frowned, "Don't talk like that. We all believed in you."

"Some more than others," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Brandy, I will always be here for you okay? I'm so proud of you. You're gonna conquer this. You're so strong. You can get through anything. Even medical school!"

"Even medical school?" I looked at him with disbelief.

"Even medical school," He nodded.

"Thanks dad," I hugged him tight, "I love you."

-

seventeen years ago

"The important thing to remember is that we love you and this isn't any of your faults okay?" my dad said.

I sat in between Cristal and Jack with Ian on my lap. 

"If it isn't our fault, then whose fault is it?" I asked.

"No one's honey. These things just happen sometimes," my dad shrugged.

"Bill, don't lie to them," my mom said.

"I'm not lying to them. You're accusing me of lying to our children?"

"Wouldn't be the first time," my mom shook her head.

"Oh, that is not fair. You always do this to me! I'm sick of it!" My dad started to scream.

"Well it's good thing we're getting a divorce then, huh?" 

Ian started to cry, but they just continued to fight and fight.

"Mom! Dad!" I cried.

-

fourteen years ago

"Dad!" I heard Ian shout from the other room.

"What's wrong buddy?" I asked, walking into his room.

"I had another nightmare," he frowned.

"Oh, that's no good," I sat down on the bed with him, "Did you try counting sheep?"

He nodded, "Didn't work."

"Hmm, should I read you a quick story?" I asked.

He nodded again.

"Alright," I grabbed a book off the shelf and began reading for him.

I started to read his favorite book to him. It was Dr.Seuss' 'Oh The Places You'll Go.' He quickly fell back to sleep within the first few pages. 

"The end," I said, quietly, closing the book, "Good night. See you tomorrow, bud."

°°

'See you soon'

It echoed over and over again. The last thing I had said to them. The funny thing was I was never going to see them again. I wish I would've stayed on the phone with them longer. I wish I hadn't had gone to prep for my surgery. I wish I never bought them the plane tickets. I wish I never had a stupid ten year anniversary. I wish I had never had an addiction. This was my fault. It was all my fault and my stupid addiction. My stupid addiction. 

°°

mark's pov

I sat downstairs on the couch. I didn't quite know what I felt. I felt upset. I could understand why Brandy didn't want me to be there right now, but it made me feel kinda shitty. I really wanted to be there for her right now. I was starting to regret everything I had done now. I wanted to take it all back.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when I heard the door open. Derek and Meredith must've gotten home.

"Oh, Mark. Hi, I didn't realize you were here," Derek said, stepping in the living room.

"I'm sorry," I stood up, "I didn't want to leave her alone." I motioned upstairs.

"How is she?" Meredith asked.

I shook my head, "Not good. She won't talk to me. She freaked out and kicked me out of her room. She's been up there all night."

Meredith shook her head.

"Thanks for staying with her," Derek said.

"Of course," I nodded, "Someone's probably going to need to be with her for awhile. I'm worried she might relapse or something."

"I'm going to go check on her," Meredith headed upstairs.

"I thought you had plans with Julia tonight?" Derek asked.

"I cancelled them. I figured this was more important," I told him.

"Really?" He looked at me.

"Oh, come on Derek. Her brother and dad died less than twelve hours ago and she told me she wanted to use again! What was I supposed to do? Leave her alone?"

We were interrupted when there was a knock at the door. Derek sighed and went to answer the door.

"Hi, can I help you?" Derek said, after opening the door.

"Is Brandy here? She hasn't been answering my calls," a familiar voice said.

I stepped out into the entry way. Meeting Ben's gaze.

"What the hell is he doing here!?" Ben yelled, "Where the hell is she?"

"Hey, hey," Derek said, trying to push him back as he entered the house.

I shook my head, "Look, you don't want to do this right now. You don't understand what's happening."

"I don't know what's happening, huh? It looks like I told Brandy to stay away from you, yet here you are with her. Where the hell is she?" He walked up to me.

"You need to leave," I said, "She doesn't need you around right now."

"I think you need to leave. I told her I didn't want her anywhere near you. So get the fuck out of my way."

"Buddy, you need to go home. You've had way too much to drink," I said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Watch it!" he yelled trying to take a swing at me.

brandy's pov

"Meredith?" I frowned, "What the hell is happening down there?"

"I'm not sure, they'll take care of it. Probably one of those crazy neighbors complaining about something," She shrugged.

"Watch it!"

"Is that Ben?" I frowned, getting up and opening the door.

"He's drunk out of his mind right now," I heard Mark say.

"Let me see her! I'm taking her home," Ben shouted at Mark.

I sat down in the hall listening to it all happen. I covered my mouth as I sobbed. Not wanting him to hear me. Not wanting him to find me. I was terrified. He scared me. I was scared of him now. It was pathetic and awful, but I had turned into one of those girls terrified of their boyfriends. I hated it, but that's what I had become.

Meredith sat down beside me and pulled me close to her, making me feel a bit safer.

"Let's take this outside?" Mark said.

"What? Are you going to fight me for her?" Ben scoffed.

"Yeah, if it gets you to get out of here," Mark said.

mark's pov

"Are you sure? I'm gonna beat the shit out of you!" Ben yelled at me.

"I'm sure," I said, pushing him out the door and closing it behind him.

I looked behind me, as I heard Brandy sobbing.

"I'm sorry," she cried out from the stairs, as Meredith held her back as she cried, "He-he didn't mean it."

"Hey, hey," I went up to her, "Don't worry about it."

She fell out of Meredith's grasp into my chest and I held her close, "It's okay." I tried to calm her down as she cried, "It's okay."

"Sometimes he drinks too much and he gets like that," she said, through her tears.

"Hey, hey, it's okay," I comforted her.

I spent the rest of the nigh with Brandy, she laid across on me on the couch. I could tell she was pretty drained because she fell asleep almost the moment her head hit the pillow. I was happy I was able to be there for her right now. I wanted to be and I was glad she was letting me in. I just hoped I wouldn't ruin it again.

°°

Sorry this was kinda short and I didn't edit so if theres a lot of errors or if its just all around shitty that's why and I'm sorry..

Wow, I'm sorry all of the chapters have been so depressing lately :/. I just want to say that for a very, very, very, long time I've planned to kill off her dad and brother in the plane crash at the end of season seven. That sounds awful, oh my goDd. But it's true. It just took me awhile to figure out if it would be Ian or Jack. A little analysis on Brandy, she's literally lost almost everything, but she takes it like a champ. I think it just goes to show how strong she is and how well she can bounce back from the toughest shit. I'm constantly learning new things about her and its awesome cause like she's my character! I don't know how to explain it, it's just so cool you guys. My fellow writers will understand, haha. Okay sorry I'm done with my tangent, but I'm thinking next chapter will be a little softer and nicer, hopefully. ;)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 34K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...
3.4K 133 17
⎯⎯Greys Anatomy INTERN🩻🥼🩺 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 a group of 6 start internship at Seattle grace and get more than they hoped for. DEREK SHEPHERD X READE...
90.1K 3.6K 39
Part 1 of Where We Might End Up Series A familiar face from Derek and Mark's past arrives at Seattle Grace Hospital - a former student, a brother, an...
701K 15.6K 45
IN WHICH two sisters try to get their lives back on track, while working as interns in the same hospital. With a rough childhood, an absent mother an...