Reborn to be Royal

By bentleygt500

Summoned to another world after death, 21 year old Kai Warrens swore to the heavens that he would do whatever... More

Chapter 1: Death
Chapter 2: Trash and Treasure.
Chapter 3: Hunting
Chapter 4: Prisoners
Chapter 5: On the hunt
Chapter 6: Dungeon Master
Chapter 7: Deal
Chapter 8: A Learning Experience
Chapter 9: Brewing
Chapter 10: Hotsprings
Chapter 11: Banquet
Chapter 12: Knowledge and Preparation
Chapter 13: Neutrality
Chapter 14: Tiger and Dragon.
Chapter 15: Fruits of Labour
Chapter 16: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 17: Royal
Chapter 18: Aurora
Chapter 19: Gods plan
Chapter 20: Frost
Chapter 21: Gravekeeper
Chapter 22: Solben "City"
Chapter 23: Money Bags
Chapter 24: Answers
Chapter 25: Enchanting
Chapter 27: Reunion
Chapter 28: Euphoria
Chapter 29: Return
Chapter 30: Protect
Chapter 31: Mother
Chapter 32: Instinct
Chapter 33: Hunted
Chapter 34: Face of Darkness

Chapter 26: Volmiir

247 7 8
By bentleygt500

- 3rd Pov -

Back at Castle Volmiir, home to the vampires under lord Verren's rule, Seyird continues his investigation into the possibility of a rat in the halls. Walking with a confident stride, any passing vampires make sure to bow when they notice his presence. The prideful servant has walked the halls every day since his return and, much to his chagrin, never once caught wind of the spy. Though, he has certainly found traces of their existence which keeps him searching.

As he searches the halls for wandering eyes, he eventually arrives at the library. Stopping before the door, he appears to reminisce about recent events. The arrival of the boy called Kai, his help in the capture of Lors, the strange ability he possesses, not only the runic language he uses but the odd ability he, a former human that seems to enjoy tormenting those that he deems deserve it, has that let him befriend the lords daughter, the battlemaster and even the lord himself. Because of this ability, he would never let himself be completely taken in by the boy.

He shakes the thoughts from his head as he enters the library, nodding to the tidy librarian whose entire body stiffens with his appearance. Searching for anything conspicuous, the Vampire comes across the familiar, silver haired figure of Lucile, the lords daughter. His eyes shift from the girl to the large pile of books beside her. "Volmiir's History, Alchemy, Dark Magic, Botany, Vampire and human physiology...what could Lady Lucile need with such information?" The loyal servant wonders, intrigued by the shy girl's sudden interest in the variety of subjects.

Lucile turns her head, finally noticing the watchful gaze of her father's servant. Her golden eyes sparkle with a strange determination that offsets her porcelain appearance, surprising Seyird to the point that he almost reveals it.

[Lucile] "S-Seyird. Is there something you need?"

The girl stutters, surprised by the vampire's appearance.

[Seyird] "Not at all. I was simply curious about your reading material."

At his mentioning of the books currently in her possession, the golden eyed girl lowers her head in what appears to be embarrassment.

[Lucile] "W-well, I couldn't read fairytales forever, right? And this..."

She looks back towards the plethora of information.

[Lucile] "I'm not a fighter. I'm not strong like you, Valentina, Father or Kai...Since that is the case, I thought I could help by learning everything I can. Perhaps I might even find something about Kai's current situation."

She speaks relatively quietly, though her determination shines through her eyes once more. Seyird lets a small smile appear on his face for a split second before returning to his stoic self. "Yes...That boy has had quite the effect on this place." The thought crosses his mind as he bows politely to his master's daughter and takes his leave. After searching the castle thoroughly for the rest of the day, the servant makes his way to report to his lord.

Arriving at his lords door, he gives a short knock, receiving the response of "come in" from a distracted sounding, male voice behind the door. Entering, Seyird is greeted by the figure of Verren with a stern look on his face as his gaze fails to shift away from the parchment in his hands.

[Seyird] "I am here to make my report, Milord."

A few moments pass before the silver haired gentleman finally realises his presence, looking up with a surprised gaze.

[Verren] "Oh, Seyird. When did you get here?"

The servant fails to hide his bewilderment from his lord. Verren has never failed to notice his presence, nor has he ever shown such a worry stricken expression, at least, not since that day.

[Seyird] "Pardon my curiosity, Milord, but is everything alright? You seem preoccupied."

Seyird asks his lord with a hint of concern in his voice. Thinking about it, according to history, Verren would most likely laugh off the insinuation; this is what Seyird had hoped to hear in response. The reality however, is much different. Verren lets out an exasperated sigh as a poorly hidden, pained expression crosses his face. Golden energy shimmers through the air for a moment before dissipating.

[Verren] "Do you remember the last time the Royals were together?"

Verren's solemn tone does not escape his loyal servant.

[Seyird] "I do. It was the first time Lady Lucile had ever met them."

Seyird responds, unsure of where the conversation is heading.

[Verren] "There was a Royal there. Went by the name of Dreyus."

The Royal turns his gaze back to the parchment in his hands.

[Seyird]. "If I recall, Lord Dreyus held no qualms about flirting with the young lady."

Verren sighs, a hint of sadness escaping with his breath.

[Verren] "Correct. And now I have in my hands, a request for the lawful marriage between Dreyus and my daughter."

The news startles and almost sickens the servant.

[Verren] "Before you say anything. He already went behind my back and had the request put through by his majesty's aid."

He motions to the advisor's seal stamped upon the torn parchment.

[Seyird] "Under what pretence?"

Seyird begins to grow visibly angered by the second.

[Verren] "Uniting the houses, apparently."
[Seyird] "With all due respect, you cannot be thinking of going through with this?"

Seyird responds quickly, prompting a golden aura to rise out of his lord as he slams his fists down on his desk, damaging the piece of wooden furniture

[Verren] "Of course not! Do you truly think that I would willingly hand my daughter over to that scum!?"

Verren takes a moment to calm himself, gathering his thoughts after his outburst.

[Verren] "But I am no longer King. And with my current position, any direct challenge is out of the question."

Verren turns away from his servant, gazing out of the window behind him at the large expanse of land.

[Seyird] "Is there nothing that can be done?"

The servant walks closer to the damaged desk, picking up the parchment Verren left embedded in the table. He appears to be in deep thought for a moment before he places the parchment on the desk once more.

[Seyird] "Milord. If I may? I might know of a way to solve this problem."

Back in Solben city, a black gate opens in the air and a pair of steel blades glowing with a faint white hue are deposited within it. The gate closes quickly as the one in control lets out a sneeze. "Atchoo!" Sniffling, the black haired boy groans angrily.

[Kai] "Who the hell is talking about me?"

A knock at his door attracts his attention. Placing his mask back on his face, he saunters over to the door and opens it, revealing the hobgoblin food delivery boy with a fresh plate of food in his hands.

[Boy] "Your food, sir."

The boy smiles at the masked figure in front him as the food is taken off his hands and replaced with a small amount of silver. The boy's grin widens before he thanks Kai and practically skips back down the stairs. Kai shakes his head lightly before heading back into his room and closing the door behind him. As he sets the food down on his rickety, wooden table, a spark of intuition crosses his mind and his attention shifts towards, or rather, through the nearby window. With nothing in sight, the boy cautiously returns back to his meal, disguising his face as that of Arthur once again. Less than a second later, a sudden realisation strikes like a bolt of lightning.

[Kai] "I keep forgetting the damn sensory spell."

Meanwhile, in Lord Verren's study, Seyird has completed his explanation of his idea.

[Verren] "It's an interesting proposal...But this plan of yours relies on too many variables."
[Seyird] "About that, Milord. I had one of the hunters following him. He should return with news of the boy's exploits soon."

Verren strokes his beard and a small humming echoes from his throat as he thinks.

[Verren] "Alright, your plan sounds fine. I just hope that the boy doesn't begin to harbour ill will towards us."

The unfamiliar, worried expression crosses the lord's face once more, prompting his servant to speak up.

[Seyird] "I don't believe you have anything to worry about, Milord."
[Verren] "Oh?"
[Seyird] "He has taken a liking to the young lady. As unpredictable as he may be, I can't imagine him leaving Lady Lucile to such a fate. Especially should he meet Dreyus himself."

Verren lets a reassured smile show on his face for the first time since Seyird entered his room. The lord of Volmiir castle nods to his servant before taking a seat behind his desk and sighing as he pulls out a stack of fresh parchment.

[Verren] "If that is all, I believe I have quite the work load ahead of me."

Seyird bows to his lord before turning on his heels and walking towards the exit. Leaving the room, his eyes narrow, as a feeling of being watched echoes through his mind.

[Seyird] "Gone? Such a quick mouse."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252 17 11
What happens when you take a good guy, give him a shitty life and make him live through a trash life with a moderate 9-5 job? you make a suicidal man...
26 0 8
When a young nameless girl wakes up in a peculiar world, she looses feeling and memory of herself. Why she got there, who she used to be, what some o...
27 2 67
Elaina awakens in a strange place far away from home. Her mate is her main concern, until she senses the evil surrounding her. The draw for vengeanc...
430K 14.7K 141
Kichirou Saiyaku was your average 28-year-old shut-in NEET. The type who locked themselves away to always play video games, watch anime, and read man...