Infinity Ring (Legolas Love S...

By sexylegolas

LEGOLAS X OC. TENTH WALKER. Leigh Ann woke up in a forest with a strange ring on her finger and a blade on he... More

1. Lost and Found
2. Start Again
3. The Hard Truth
4. Seeing The Glass Half Full
5. Failed Attempt At Peace
6. The Secret Council
7. Best Friend
8. His Royal Sassiness
9. The Silent Vow
10. Tentacles
11. An Elvish Mantra
12. The Fall
13. First Bath In Weeks
14. Crush
15. Into The Mirror
16. Pledge Of Allegiance
17. Facing My Own Demons
18. Perseverance
19. Blushes
20. Ferdinand The Bull
21. Nightmares Do Come True
22. Stay With Me
23. Another Piece Of Me
24. The Messenger
25. Eowyn's Stew
27. Through The Eagle's Eyes
28. A Purpose To Fulfill
29. The Dam Is Broken
30. The Little Girl & The Woodcutter
31. Thoughts That My Adar Would Frown Upon
32. Legolas' Murderous Intention
33. My Pissed Off Companions
34. The Palantir
35. A Token Of Love
36. Ghostbusters
37. Fate's A Bitch
38. Burned Out
39. The Worst Assumption
40. An Anchor
41. The Way Of Her People
42. We're Not In Kansas Anymore
43. A Promise
44. The Black Gate
45. An Engagement Gift
46. An Old Magic
47. Leaves & Roses
48. To Have And To Hold
49. The Wedding Night (Clean)
50. Thoughts And Daydreams
51. E P I L O G U E
Bonus: The Snow Of Erintion (One-shot)
Bonus: The Heart of The King (One-shot)
Bonus: Worth More Than Life Itself (One-shot)
Bonus: High Elf (One-shot)
Bonus: Love And Be Loved In Return
Bonus: The Crowns of Mortals (One Shot)
Bonus: A Human Heart (Part 1)
Bonus: A Human Heart (Part 2)
Bonus: A Human Heart (Part 3)
Bonus: A Human Heart (Part 4)
Bonus: A Human Heart (Part 5)
Bonus: A Human Heart (Part 6)
Bonus: A Human Heart (Part 7)

26. The Weight Of Fate

11.2K 452 250
By sexylegolas

The next day I continued to walk with the rest of the Rohan people on our way to Helm’s Deep, with Eowyn by my side. Legolas was nowhere in sight as he walked far on the front. 

For a brief moment Eowyn was leaving my side to talk to her uncle at the back. 

A tall, muscly Rohirrim rider came beside me, smiling politely and initiated a polite small talk with me. His name was Hilram. After some time talking, he kindly offered me a ride with him, seeing that I was walking alone. I refused his offer politely, telling him I preferred to walk. He looked disappointed, but nodded in understanding.

"Why, if I may ask. Do you fear horses? I can't help but notice that the eldar (elf kind) offered you a ride with him yesterday, yet you refused just as well."

"I have my reasons," I said vaguely, "And I've never been on a horse before. I figured I would be much more comfortable walking. I'm used to it," I said smiling politely.

For some reason I thought he looked pleased by my answer. For what reason, I didn't know. I was quick to shrug that thought away, not seeing how it was of any importance. Then Eowyn rejoined me and Hilram excused himself and bowed at us before leaving to rejoin his comrades.

Eowyn sent worrying glances at me as I struggled to keep up. My injuries ached and fatigue came faster than usually, but I kept going and proceeded as normal as everyone else and smiled at the young shield maiden.

The moment I dreaded of was nearing. A foreboding feeling along with darkness once again loomed over my head. My hand clutched on my bow tightly, preparing for the worst. I bet Legolas was also feeling the same thing as I– wherever he might be. The elf had been tense the last time I saw him today.

Not long after, my greatest fear at the moment materialized when a scout came to us in a gallop, screaming, setting everyone in alarm. 

"WARGS! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!"

Chaos ensued. Panic was thick in the air as  people began to yell and scatter in fear. Then, giant creatures that resembled wolves as big as Aslan the Lion came in with orcs riding them.

I mean, of course comparing them to a gracious, merciful creature from the fantasy Narnia movie was not a great depiction– but think of the wargs as uglier, nastier and evil version of Aslan. In other words:

Holy shit

I focused on myself harder to block the overwhelming emotions around me and pulled an arrow from my quiver. My eyes searched frantically for Legolas, but he was nowhere to be seen. I cursed and decided to run along with Eowyn, who was leading the women and children to the direction of Helm's Deep. 

I shot my arrows on several orcs and wargs that followed the women and children who fell behind that were way too close for my liking. More orcs were shot than missed. I was relieved by the fact that somehow I wasn't a complete burden being in here, that I could help as well. That, until I ran out of arrows.

Dammit.

Time for Plan B: Run.

***

"Make way for the king!"

I stood on my tiptoes to look over the heads of the crowd that tried to get back to their loved ones that had just arrived from fighting the orcs and wargs we met on the way here to Helm's Deep. But so few of the men came back.

I sighed in defeat, knowing that I had no way to pass these crowd. Worry filled me as I didn't get to see Legolas and Gimli.

In the midst of the thick crowd, someone bumped against me, making me stagger and momentarily lost balance. A pair of warm arms encircled me from behind and I jumped in surprised before realizing that it was Legolas. 

I shamelessly embraced him there in the crowd, his scent of fresh cut grass and leather filled my nose. Relief eased my mind. I pulled away and gasped softly when I saw his eyes. Grief and tiredness etched across his face. Grief for a certain ranger– his best friend.

True to the story, Aragorn did fall over the cliff, leaving everyone except me to think that he was dead. I knew Legolas grieved deeply with loss. The thought of losing him must hurt him deeply. I cupped his crestfallen face in my hands and whispered to him.

"Goheno nin, Legolas. Know that this too, shall pass," I said as I toughen myself for him.

He pulled me to him again for comfort and I hugged him tightly. I pulled away when I saw Gimli. I ran to the dwarf, bent over and hugged him as well, relieved that he too, was fine.

"Aragorn..." Gimli said in a grief stricken voice, the kind of vulnerability that I hadn't seen from the dwarf since Moria, "He–," 

"Don't. Don't say it," my eyes stung and a single tear escaped my eye, and I wiped it away quickly. My heart constricted at the thought of Aragorn dying and I felt shadow looming over me. 

Gimli squeezed my hand in comfort and I forced a smile for his sake. Legolas put a hand on my shoulder as we stood in silence.

Legolas and Gimli was still struck with grief when their presence were requested by the king. If it was up to me I'd have them rest, but time was of the essence. I let them go. Legolas reluctantly left me near the gate of Helm's Deep.

I pulled up my hood, as it gave me a sense of safety when I stood here alone in the midst of strangers that I did not know of. I stood for hours by the gate, waiting for impossible. Aragorn had to come back. I had to see him come back alive. A tear fell on my cheek as fear of him not coming back as he was supposed to be came uninvited.

Legolas came back to me hours later, in the late afternoon.

"Melleth nin," he called softly as he squeezed my shoulder. I wiped my tear briskly and turned to him, plastering a small smile on my face. He saw through my facade and brushed my cheek lightly with his finger.

"Have you been standing here since the last time I left you? You should be resting, my love. Have you even eaten anything today?" he asked, a pained look passed his expression, "Do not punish yourself for Aragorn's passing. 'Tis not your fault, Leane."

I shook my head at him. He didn't understand. I opened my mouth to tell him that I was only waiting for Aragorn's return, but a foreboding feeling filled me and prevented me from giving him the information. I closed my mouth and rephrased.

"I don't blame myself." 

"Nay. I saw guilt in your eyes. Please, melleth, come with me and eat something. You are in need of nourishment," he pleaded.

I sighed and followed him to the dining hall. I wasn't hungry and I absent mindedly played with the food on my plate, thinking about Aragorn, praying that he was on his way here.

Legolas touched my hand and stopped my hand from poking the food on my plate. I looked up to see his face. Worry and sadness filled his icy blue eyes and my eyes stung at the sight, but I held it back. I wanted so badly to see him smile again. 

I forced a smile and ate silently to give him a peace of mind. The food felt as if it was tasteless to my tongue, as if Eowyn's stew was much better than this. I braved myself and swallowed the food in my mouth as I felt Legolas' eyes on me. 

Soon Legolas and Gimli' presence were requested by the king, so I let him go after he escorted me to my room. I grew restless and paced in my room before giving up and decided to walk to the gate.

I would see Aragorn again soon, and I held on to that hope. I pulled up my hood and stood again at the gate as the sun went down and the day grew darker.

Night fell as the people of Rohan went to the sleeping quarters for the refugees. I grew weary so I opted to sit on the cold hard ground and leaned in to the stone wall, my eyes on the entrance of the stone walled city. I knew that what I was doing was absurd, waiting for hours here by the gate for a man that most probably be dead. But my mind wouldn't find rest if I didn't do this. 

The gate keeper eyed me several times with worry. One time he came to me to ask if I was alright, and I nodded, telling him that I was just waiting for someone. He left.

A couple hours later, he came back to me and spoke softly, urging me to go to the my sleeping quarters, but I refused.

"My lady, if I may, I think whoever you're waiting for, I do not think he or she is going to come at this hour. You should go and rest."

"I will wait some more. I will go back to my sleeping quarter when I grow tired. Thank you for your concern," I replied with a small smile.

At my resolve, the watchman nodded and left me alone for the rest of the night.

I clutched my cloak tighter around me as the wind blew and chilled me to the bone. I didn't know how long I had dozed off, but warm hands on my shoulders woke me up.

I opened my eyes to see Legolas staring at me with that sad and pained expression again. My eyes flickered to the gate and back at him. His eyes following me closely.

"Don't do this to yourself," he begged as he put a hand on my face and kissed my temple, "Come with me, melleth nin. You need rest."

I glanced at the gate before letting him pull me up and walked me to my room. He led me to the bed and helped me out of my cloak and gestured for me to sit down. Ever the caring, gentlest person that he was, he even knelt down and took my boots off for me and put it aside. 

His caring heart warmed my cold one. It was so endearing to know that someone could care so much for me. I wanted to say something, anything, but I had no idea of what I should say to him. That shadow that lurked in my mind seemed to be following me everywhere like a persistent dark clouds over my head, numbing me.

Legolas kissed my temple and said, "Goodnight, my love. Promise me that you will rest. Put my heart at ease by doing so."

I nodded and he gave me a small smile. He turned to leave but I called out to him.

"Legolas," I called and he turned to me.

"Yes, Leane?"

"Stay," I asked him mindlessly, not wanting to be left alone in this foreign place.

Legolas seemed taken aback by my request. He looked at me intently. I was expecting that he would reject my request, seeing that it wouldn't be appropriate for him to do so, but to my surprise he nodded and put away his sword, bow and quiver on the nightstand beside my bed. I scooted over to give him some space as he climbed to the bed.

He sat tensely beside me and I immediately regretted ever asking him to stay. I had made him uncomfortable.

"Thank you for staying with me, Legolas. You're being here is a comfort to me," I said. "I just... don't feel like being alone in this place," I admitted, and he visibly relaxed at my words.

"It's a comfort to me as well, having you near me," he replied with a smile as he pulled the blanket over me. 

"Goodnight, Legolas."

He kissed my temple and brushed my hair softly. The touch of his hand on my hair lulled me to sleep.

***

[LEGOLAS' POV]

I sighed as I noticed the way Leane's breathing got even and slumber took her. Now she looked so peaceful and even more beautiful. The deep frown on her face was gone, making her look much younger.

I was worried about her. I knew the knowledge of the Fellowship members' fate that she possessed was starting to become a heavy burden on her delicate shoulders. The passing of Estel just testified to that.

My heart constricted at the thought of my best friend. Now all I had left of him was the pendant of the Evenstar that was taken earlier by the Uruk that caused his death. Leane knew what was going to happen to him, against her conscience, she let the fate take its course. If I had a choice, of course I would try to save my best friend. However, I trusted her judgment and wisdom. Like Elrond said, it was dangerous to mess with fate.

I had wholeheartedly expressed that I did not blame her for what happened to Estel, but even when she was smiling, I could see that it didn't reach her eyes. She looked like she was dying to tell me something, but seemed unable to do so. Instead, guilt took its place and was eating away at her. She became distant and awfully silent most of the time, something out of character for her.

She had been standing in front of the gate for hours, eyes cold and distant, her form was still as a statue with her shoulders slightly slumped in fatigue. It scared me greatly to find her on that state, standing on the same spot as I left her hours earlier. It was unnatural for a mortal to do such. I had been living for millennia, and if I learned anything from it, I could definitely tell that depression was starting to overtake her, and she didn't even realize it.

It reminded me of my naneth, who was slowly fading away with grief. It was eating away at her because of the spider infestation that corrupted our home, Mirkwood Forest that she loved dearly. Naneth just could not take it. It broke her heart. Even as an elfling, I could see the light died down from her beautiful eyes and the once twinkling blue hue, dulled. 

I saw my adar grieved and suffered greatly at the state that my naneth was in. He loved her more than his own life. Watching her fade made it as if someone was sticking a hot white branding iron into his mind. The thought of losing her was killing him, so he sent her to set sail to the West before death claim her life. 

The carefree smile and the laughter that my adar once had now changed into cold indifference, that it sometimes surprised me to see him smile or laugh lightly in a few rare cases.

Now I understood his pain. The thought of losing the love of my life scared me to death and it sent eerie chill down my spine. I will surely fade away if something ever happened to Leane. 

I wanted to ease her pain so badly, but I was not sure how. At her request to stay with her tonight, I simply said yes, ignoring the fact that it was unbecoming for me to do so. I was more eager to comfort her than caring about what people think. I silently prayed to the Valar that I could just slip away unnoticed early on the morrow.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Leane tossed and turned, her eyes closed but her face was deep in frown. Her sleeping was troubled. I stayed still and watched her, unsure of what to do. Then her breathing went ragged and she gasped; a sob escaping her lips.

"Shh..." I said softly as I reached out to stroke the side of her face, my shoulder brushed against hers. She went still in an instant and she leaned in to my body and put her hand on my chest. 

I froze. I was shocked and tensed at her touch. I was glad that she was asleep now because I was sure that my face and my ears had turned fifty shades of red. This was the most intimate position I had ever been in with anyone. I felt as if I was crossing a border that shouldn't be crossed, though I was not complaining.

The felling of her warm form next to mine sent my heart pounding against my chest,  for a moment I was afraid that it would wake her. But seeing her still deep in sleep, I relaxed. 

I continued brushing her hair gently. I sighed as I stared at her beautiful face. Her dark brows; her thick, long lashes rimming her closed eyes. Her small cute nose and the soft pink, kissable lips... I fought the irrational urge to kiss her as she slept. I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have her completely as my wife to do as I please...

The thought sent a jolt straight to my groin.

In realization of how far I had let my mind wander, I blushed furiously at the inappropriate thought and scolded myself in shame. I torn away my eyes from her inviting lips to stare at her silky black hair; it reminded me of Arwen's. Leane's coloured hair had grown out and cut while she was in Lothlorien, leaving her natural black hair behind, which I thought was best on her. It had become rather short back then, but now it had grown longer and currently formed a beautiful curtain around her cheek, shoulder and some fell in beautiful curls on her pillow.

I placed gentle kisses absent mindedly on her temple and held her closer as I brushed her dark locks. I savored this precious moment in my mind of having her in my arms. She smelled intoxicatingly of roses, inflicting a smile on my face. She must have packed some of the roses oil from Lothlorien along the way.

I couldn't resist the want to brush her arm and feel her soft skin. For a mortal her skin was very soft. Although not as soft as elves' skin, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

She leaned in closer to me at my touch and I smiled wider. Love and contentment overwhelmed me. I could stay like this forever, watching her sleep in my arms as her scent flooded my nostrils. With Leane in my thoughts, my eyes went unfocused and glazed over as sleep overtook my mind.

***

[Author's Note: Naneth = Mother. Adar = Father. And just in case you don't know, Aragorn was raised in Rivendell, among the elves. So the elves called him Estel which means Hope. Hence why Legolas thought of his name more as Estel. Anyway, I know I said that this chapter will contain a moving plot. It is moving yes but currently at a snail pace. Sorry about that, but at least the fluff is moving at a fast and furious pace. Don't worry, plot is still there! Fear not! Thank you for flying with Wattpad Airlines. Fasten your seatbelt because you never know when turbulent hits or when shit hits the fan. And remember: 1⭐ a day keeps the doctor and dementors away. That means vote and comment if you enjoy the chapter 💙 *in Gollum's voice* Stay healthy, PRECIOUSSS ♥️]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.9K 1.3K 20
Aeolin of Lothlorien has been traveling across Middle Earth for a little over a hundred years. After a loss struck her heart, Lothlorien was more of...
30.5K 882 30
You aren't the most liked but your not entirely a ray of sunshine either. People misjudge you and honestly you have low tolerance and patience for mo...
103K 3.8K 44
โThere's some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.โž - Samwise Gamgee After Erebor was reclaimed Athena reu...
59K 1.6K 43
โžค๐˜‰๐˜–๐˜–๐˜’ 2 โžค๐˜ˆ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ ๐˜น ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜น ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ร‰๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ 60 years have passed and Sauron is coming back more powerful than he has ever been...