Lets Play A Game - Sherlock F...

By Katiie_Sykes

[Sequel to I Believe In You] Sherlock has returned from his ten-minute exile after shooting Charles Augustus... More

Lets Play A Game - Sherlock Fanfiction [sequel to IBIY]
Chapter one - Cases.
Chapter two - Sleep.
Chapter three - The Castillos.
Chapter four - The red van.
Chapter five - Joe Summers.
Chapter six - Questions.
Chapter seven - Samuel Abbott.
Chapter eight - New help.
Chapter nine - Wrong man.
Chapter ten - Case solved.
Chapter eleven - Chester.
Chapter twelve - The Wigg.
Chapter thirteen - Amelia Joan Watson.
Chapter fourteen - Friendly strangers.
Chapter fifteen - Babysitting.
Chapter sixteen - CCTV.
Chapter seventeen - Little chats.
Chapter eighteen - The predator.
Chapter nineteen - Dresses.
Chapter twenty - Embarrassment.
Chapter twenty two - Oh crap.
Chapter twenty three - I love you.
Chapter twenty four - Cheers.
Chapter twenty five - Agony.
Chapter twenty six - Protection.
Chapter twenty seven - Remember something.
Chapter twenty eight - Ghosts.
Chapter twenty nine - Caught.
Chapter thirty - The name.
Chapter thirty one - Argument's.
Chapter thirty two - Sebastian.
Chapter thirty three - Previous relationships.
Chapter thirty four - Poloroid photo's.
Chapter thirty five - Clocks are ticking.
Chapter thirty six - Buildings.
Chapter thirty seven - Moriarty.
Chapter thirty eight - Distraction.
Chapter thirty nine - Girls night.
Chapter forty - Clever boy.
Chapter forty one - Billy's gal.
Chapter forty two - Halloween special.
Chapter forty three - Shots.
Chapter forty four - Acrimony.
Chapter forty five - Harrison.
Chapter forty six - The talk.
Chapter forty seven - Christmas special.
Chapter forty eight - Surprises.
Chapter forty nine - Ideal plan.
Chapter fifty - New year.
Chapter fifty one - Located.
Chapter fifty two - Questioning.
Chapter fifty three - Celebration.
Chapter fifty four - Brotherly compassion.
Chapter fifty five - This is it.
Chapter fifty six - Arranged meeting.
Chapter fifty seven - Negotiation.
Chapter fifty eight - Control.
Chapter fifty nine - A deal with the devil.
The end - Authors note!

Chapter twenty one - Over dramatic.

6.7K 245 134
By Katiie_Sykes

After an half an hours drive we had finally arrived. There were men and woman standing outside the party, all wearing masks. I wasn't sure if any of these men could be the guy were after, but Sherlock didn't seem to care about keeping an eye on any of them, and I trusted him enough to believe him when he thought the predator wasn't with any of these men. He had probably already deduced them out, so there could be no way one of these men is the preditor.

"So now what?" John asks, stepping away from the taxi as he drove off. 

"We blend in. Keep on eye out, we're looking for a tall, pale man who's flirty."

"That could be anyone." Mary starts. 

"Just keep an eye out for anyone man like that, doesn't matter If they're loads. We find them all."

John sighs, and hold's Mary's hand, "Let's go in then."

John and Mary start walking into the building. I put my mask on, followed by Sherlock. He leans his arm out, and I smile and hook my arm with his, "I guess you're glad dancing finally came up in a case."

I didn't look at him as we were both staring ahead as we walked into the building, but I knew he was smiling. When we got in there was a bar on the left, and a huge dancing area where people danced to soft music in sync, all wearing masks. The walls were cream, and there was a couple chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Partners and friends were sitting down at tables drinking champagne. The whole place was beautiful and posh and expensive, I felt like someone like me shouldn't be here.

I felt Sherlock's arm stiffen, and turn to look at him in confusion. He was looking over to the bar, "What's he doing here?"

My arm leaves his as he storms off towards the bar. Me, John and Mary follow him in curiosity.

"Lestrade, why are you here?!" Sherlock spits. I look at the men in suits and see that one of them, beside the mask covering his face, was Lestrade. I looked at the other three people that accompanied him, and try to unmask them. The woman with frizzy black hair was easy to find out; Donovan. Then the other one was Erin, and the last man was Mike- an investigator and a good friend of Lestrade's.

"John told me you'll be here." Lestrade say's, and I hear John sigh behind me. 

"John!" Sherlock groans. John raises his hands in defense.

"It just slipped out, I thought you had already told him!"

"Everyone chill out, we're here now and there is no changing that," Erin begins, "Now, blend in, drink, dance, talk. Holly, will you do me the honor?" Erin asks me friendly, holding out his hand. I looked at everyone confused, especially Sherlock to make sure if he had calmed down.

"Erm, okay." I agree, taking Erin's hand as he leads me towards the dance floor. I look back again awkwardly, and see that Sherlock still look's pissed off. He gives Erin a dirty look in annoyance, then slowly turns back around to Lestrade.

"So," Erin starts, interlocking our fingers and putting his other hand on my waist. I put my other hand on his shoulder as we begin to dance, "Sherlock is finally back on cases, huh?"

"Only the one I think."

"Never really met the guy before, he seems alright. A bit stupid."

I let out a laugh, "Stupid?"

"He came to look for this guy with no police back up. This is our case after all, not his."

"True, but he's not stupid. At human nature- yes, he is. But at work he's not really as modest when it comes to intelligence."

"Ah, I see," He nod's, and slowly spins me under his arms as everyone else does, "This guy we're after, does Sherlock have any idea why he's not been able to be caught on CCTV? I've been able to see the security camera's around the town and he isn't caught on any."

I shake my head no, "Sorry."

"Oh well, hopefully he's here tonight. Although we haven't got much to go on, Lestrade seems to trust Sherlock."

"And I do, he know's what he's doing, trust me." I smile at him. We dance for about five more minutes, until another song finishes, then he heads to the bar with Lestrade to look out for the predictor and I head over towards Sherlock was was sitting at a table for four. He was looking towards me and Erin, but turns around towards the bar when I see him, which confused me because he was supposed to be looking for tall and pale men. I look back and see John and Mary dancing, talking and simultaneously looking around. 

I sit next to Sherlock, "Found anything?"

"Man at the bar is talking to the blond woman- Lestrade and is listening to them. Donovan and Micheal are dancing."

"It's Mike."

"Whatever."

I sigh, "What's wrong?"

He doesn't answer me, instead he just stands up and holds his hand out for me, "Dance with me."

"Uh, okay." I reply, placing my hand in his. He leads me to the dance floor, and his one hand goes onto my waist as his other hand holds my hand and he interlocks his fingers with mine. I place my free hand his shoulder, and we begin to dance, except this time we were exceptionally closer to each other than me and Erin were.

"Did I fail to mention you look beautiful tonight?" Sherlock speaks up after about two minutes of silent dancing. I smile, and shrug.

"Maybe."

The edge of his mouth twitches up slightly into a smile, "Sorry."

"It's okay."

"You really do look beautiful in that dress though."

"Is that why you couldn't keep your eyes of me when I was dancing with Erin?"

His face flushes slightly with embarrassment, "No."

I smirk, and he rolls his eyes. I know that wasn't the reason why he was staring at me. He was staring because he was jealous of me and Erin dancing, I've seen jealously in a mans eyes before. I know what it looks like.

"Why did you want to be bate?" He finally asks, changing the subject. I shrug again.

"Quicker."

"You could get hurt but decide you want to be bate anyway."

"Well, I guess I just love danger." I say playfully and smirk. He chuckles, and looks around the place, keeping an eye on people.

"I'll never understand you."

"Why?"

"No one has ever made me feel this way before," He spoke, "There's something about you I don't quite understand. I'm not sure what it is."

I wasn't sure where this honesty came from. But I liked that he thought he could talk to me about this. Although now, I couldn't help but think of my conversation with Mary a couple of day's ago.

"Sherlock?"

"Hmm?" He mumbles, tearing his gaze away from the people in the room.

"Did you ever form this relationship out of manipulation me? So you could get an advantage out of this or whatever."

His full focus was on me now. He furrows his eyebrow's, not removing his eyes from mine. "No. Why?"

I shrug, "Because you did that with Molly and Janine so I just thought-"

"You thought what? That I could be using you? Holland I just told you that you were different."

"So you're with me because I'm different?"

"Yes, I'm intrigued."

"Oh," I say, trying to hide how pissed off I sounded but failed, "And what happens when you're not intrigued? What happens when you get bored?"

"I didn't mean It like that."

"Then how did you mean it?" I snap, pulling away from the dance with him and walking off the dance floor.

"Oh for god's sake." I hear him curse, before walking off the dance floor too and after me, "Wait."

We go back to our table and I pick up my bag with my purse and phone in, "No, Sherlock. Honestly, first you think I'm not capable at being 'bate', and now you're basically telling me you're only dating me because you think I'm intriguing. Nothing stays intriguing forever, Sherlock. Especially with you. I'm sure you'll get bored sooner or later." I say, being a bit over dramatic. But who cares? It was that time of the month and I'm feeling emotional.

"I didn't mean for it to sound like that- you mean much more to me than that!"

"I'm sure you have everything covered now the police are here," I nod towards Lestrade who as still at the bar, listening to a different couples conversation. I turn around to go to leave, but he grabs my arm.

"Holland, please-"

I jerk my arm away from him and throw him a look. John and Mary start to come over to us, and I turn my back and leave quickly, not in the mood to explain it to them. I've only been here for half an hour and yet I was already leaving. 

When I get out the sky is dark. I bring my phone out my bag and phone a taxi. They tell me they will be here in ten minutes or later, and I sigh, not in the mood to be standing outside in the cold with nothing but a dress on and annoying people around me who were having a quick cigarette.

I move and head around to the side of the massive building away from everyone, not wanting people to stare at me while I stood there awkwardly. When I'm away from everyone I lean against the cold wall of the building, starting to feel bad for how I had reacted with Sherlock. I knew he wasn't good with expressing his feelings when It came to me and him, I should have been grateful that he even tried to tell me that he liked me more than just how he manipulated Janine and Molly. I silently cursed myself for being over dramatic. But my stomach was hurting from cramp's and I was beging to form an headache- I just wanted to go home.

"Holly?"

I turn around at the sound of the voice, and give the familiar face a smile, "Hello."

"What's up?"

I shrug, "Nothing, I'm just not feeling well."

"Well, uh, my car's parked round the back If you need a lift home?"

I consider what he asks, and nod my head and agree. Someone else could jump in the taxi when it arrives. 

I smile at him, and he leads the way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 5.3K 34
If your mother had been killed, where would you go? If you received a strange text, would you trust it? If you'd never met your father, would you w...
541 62 31
After the death of Mary, Sherlock loses it. The press begin to turn on him after a reporter twisted the truth about the death of John Watson's wife...
Think By Mikaila

Fanfiction

25.4K 1.2K 33
Sequel to Sherlock Holmes and the New Detective "I know what it is I didn't want to say. I'm coming back, Mr. Holmes." Sherlock doesn't want to be lo...
16.7K 800 17
Sherlock Holmes Realizes that he has feelings for his Flat-Mate John Watson. After he gets this secret off his chest, life should go smoothly right...