Worlds Colliding (Supernatura...

By katherinep97

Catty Winchester is "the vessel". Michael's vessel. Sam Winchester is Lucifer's vessel. Dean and Scarlett Win... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 2 - Good God, Y'All!
Chapter 3 - Free to Be You and Me
Chapter 4 - The End
Chapter 5 - Fallen Idols
Chapter 6 - I Believe the Children Are Our Future
Chapter 7 - The Curious Case of Ness Singer
Chapter 8 - Changing Channels
Chapter 9 - The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 10 - Abandon All Hope...
Chapter 11 - Catty, Interrupted
Chapter 12 - Swap Meat
Chapter 13 - The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 14 - My Bloody Valentine
Chapter 15 - Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Chapter 16 - Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 17 - 99 Problems
Chapter 19 - Hammer of the Gods
Chapter 20 - The Devil You Know
Chapter 21 - Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 22 - Swan Song

Chapter 18 - Point of No Return

250 12 0
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/67819

THEN

From 5.16 - Dark Side of the Moon: In Heaven's Winchesters Old House, Zachariah looked at Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty angrily. "I was on the fast track once. Employee of the month every month. Forever. And then they assigned me you. I can't close the deal on a couple of pathetic, flannel-wearing maggots? Everybody's laughing at me."

From 4.19 - Jump the Shark: In the diner, Sam, Dean, Catty, Scarlett and Adam Milligan sat at a table together.

Dean gestured from himself to Sam. "We're John Winchester's sons." He gestured to Catty and Scarlett. "And that's his daughters, our sisters."

Adam looked between them. "I've got two brothers and two sisters?"

From 4.19 - Jump the Shark: In the Milligan House, Dean looked at Scarlett, Sam and Catty. "Adam doesn't have to be cursed."

From 4.19 - Jump the Shark: In the tomb, Scarlett opened a coffin, revealing most of Adam's body. Sam and Dean walked closer, looking into the coffin to Adam's body.

Sam: (voice over from 4.19 - Jump the Shark) "He's a Winchester. He's already cursed."

From 4.19 - Jump the Shark: In the Milligan House, Ghoul!Adam and Ghoul!Kate Milligan had Catty tied to a table, stabbing her with knives, drinking her blood.

Catty looked at Ghoul!Adam. "You're not Adam. You've never been Adam. You're a Ghoul."

From 5.16 - Dark Side of the Moon: In Heaven's Garden, Octavia turned to face the Angel behind her. "Joshua. You talk to our father?"

From 5.10 - Abandon All Hope...: Outside Crowley's mansion, Ness, wearing the black dress, turned to face Demon 1, punching him with one hand, over his elbow, punching him in the face with the other, making him fall to the ground and groan in pain. Scarlett arrived behind Demon 2, stabbing him through his neck with Catty's Knife, killing him, making him flash with red, taking the knife out, letting him fall. Demon 1 started to stand. Ness stepped up behind Demon 1, stabbing him in the back with the knife, killing him, making him flash with red, taking the knife out, letting him fall.

Joshua: (voice over from 5.16 - Dark Side of the Moon) "He knows that the Apocalypse has begun. He just doesn't think it's His problem."

From 5.16 - Dark Side of the Moon: In Heaven's Garden, Octavia raised her eyebrows. "Not His problem?"

"He's finished," Joshua told her. "Whether you want to rebel openly, and help them stop the Apocalypse, or to continue doing your thing in secret, that's up to you. It's your choice."

Octavia looked down, thinking for a long moment. She looked as if she already knew what her choice would be.

From 5.16 - Dark Side of the Moon: In Heaven's Winchester Old House, Catty glared at Zachariah, struggling against the Angel restraining her to no avail. Zachariah stood next to them, to the side, pulling Catty's hair back, kissing her neck. Catty started to struggle to no avail.

"What's the matter, Catty?" Zachariah asked. "Bringing back memories from Hell? Your dreams? If Mommy Dearest telling you that she never loved you didn't do it for you, perhaps you'd like to see a different familiar face." Catty glared at him, struggling uselessly. Zachariah trailed his fingers down Catty's arm, making her cringe back. Scarlett, Sam and Dean saw Catty's reaction, struggling uselessly. Zachariah spoke in Catty's ear. "You ready to say yes yet?"

Catty glared forward. "No way. You give me nightmares of Hell memories? So what? I'm not gonna break and give you want you want."

Zachariah took Catty's chin, making her look at him. "We'll see about that. You're near the breaking point, Catty. It does no good to lie to yourself, or to me."

Catty jerked her head away angrily.

Octavia leaned against the wall. "I've been doing all untold bad things lately, in secret, of course. But then I thought, 'What the hell?' Now look at me. You want to whine about being shunned because you can't start the end of times? I actually want to stop it."

Octavia slammed her bleeding palm over a hidden Angel Banishing Sigil, making Zachariah and the four Angels restraining Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty disappear with the violent flash of bright white light.

From 5.17 - 99 Problems: In the motel room, Catty looked at Scarlett, Sam and Dean. "You can't do this to me." She stood, looking between them. "I got one thing--one thing--keeping me going. You think you're the only ones white-knuckling it here? You know, how did you three give up before I did? Huh? You don't have this images going through your head every sleeping moment, reliving your literal personal Hell every night." She hesitated, shaking her head. "Zachariah was right, in Heaven. I'm close to the breaking point. 'Cause I don't know how much longer I can take this. I can't count on anyone else. I can't do this alone." Scarlett, Sam and Dean didn't answer, looking at her concern and surprise, numb. Catty scoffed softly. "Fine. Okay. If all of you are losing faith, I guess it's okay for me to lose faith, too."

From 5.17 - 99 Problems: In Catty's side of the motel room, Catty was sleeping restlessly, tossing, seeing flashes of a dream, seeing Octavia walk toward the moving ground, pulling out a body covered in mud, his face unseen. She looked from Castiel and Angelos over her shoulders to the revived, alive body that was still unconscious.

From 5.17 - 99 Problems: In the motel room, Scarlett looked at Angelos. "As I assume you can imagine, Sam, Dean and I are not exactly keeping our faith or belief after everything we've been through, everything we've seen. And Catty... she's trying, and when Cat saw that Sam, Dean and I were practically giving up already..."

"It drove her over an edge," Angelos finished. "Because of everything else the Angels are already putting her through, after Hell and after Alastair. You feel like all of you lost your faith and belief and spirits to fight."

From 5.17 - 99 Problems: In the Singer House's Library, Bobby gave Catty a skeptical look. "Catty. Are you gonna do something stupid?"

"Like what?" Catty asked.

"Like Michael stupid," Bobby answered.

From 5.17 - 99 Problems: In the Singer Salvage Yard, Ness walked outside just in time to see Catty's Mustang driving away. Ness knew what she was doing, starting to run toward the car. "Catty!" Ness knew she couldn't catch up, slowing to a stop. "Catty!"

Ness held her head in her hands, breathing heavily, unable to do anything but watch Catty's Mustang leave the salvage yard and disappear into the night, lowering her arms to her side, not knowing what to do.

From 5.17 - 99 Problems: In Brett's Loft, Brett and Catty stood in front of the window wall that allowed the view of the entire city.

"Whatever you're thinking of doing, don't do it," Brett told her.

"I have to," Catty told him, looking away, out of the window toward the city. "It's me or him."

"Who?" Brett asked.

Catty didn't answer.

NOW

§

Day One

Day - Motel

Catty walked toward a mirror, having a bottle of alcohol in hand, opening it, drinking. She looked more tired than she had ever looked, strung out and practically dead on her feet. She packed away her belongings in a box, including her Mustang keys, her gun, a letter of explanation. She looked at the amulet around her neck, looking as if she was debating on putting it into the box. She decided against it, closing the box, taping it closed. She marked the box with: Robert Singer & Vanessa Singer

Catty walked toward the mirror again, pouring herself another drink, about to take a drink.

Sam, Scarlett and Dean's reflections were shown in the mirror in front of her.

"Sending someone a candygram?" Sam asked.

Catty turned to face Sam, Scarlett and Dean tiredly. "How'd you find me?"

"You're killing yourself, right?" Dean asked. "It's not too hard to figure out the stops on the Farewell Tour. How's Brett, anyways? See, if you had really wanted to find Brett's new number, you would've tried harder. But you just wanted to say goodbye face to face. But we found Brett's number easily."

"I'm not going to kill myself," Catty told them.

"No?" Scarlett asked. "So Michael's not about to make you his Muppet? You're not about to turn into Miss Piggy?"

"What the hell, Catty?" Dean asked. "This is how it ends? You just... Walk out?"

"Yeah, I guess," Catty answered.

"How could you do that?" Sam asked.

"How could I?" Catty repeated skeptically. "All you've ever done is run away. Last two times you ran away, you took Scar with you, because she started running just like you."

"And Scar and I were wrong every single time we did," Sam told her. "Cat... Please. Not now. Cas, Ava, Ness, Los and Bobby are working on something."

"Oh, really?" Catty asked. "What?" Sam, Scarlett and Dean didn't answer. "You got nothing, and you know it."

"You know we have to stop you," Scarlett told her.

"Yeah, well, you can try," Catty told them. "But you guys know me. I'm not gonna go down without a fight. I know that it looks like I'm giving up, but I'm not. I just found something that's caught up in all this that is worth fighting for."

"I'm gonna ask you about that once we get your ass back home, but for now, I'm just gonna tell you one thing, Cat," Dean told her. "We brought help."

Catty looked at Sam, Scarlett and Dean in confusion. Sam, Scarlett and Dean looked behind Catty. Catty turned around to see Castiel standing there. Castiel touched Catty's forehead with two fingers.

§ Worlds Colliding (Supernatural) §

Singer House - Library

Bobby and Ness were sitting at the desk. Sam, Scarlett and Dean were standing nearby. Castiel, Angelos and Octavia stood in the doorway. Octavia and Angelos were wearing the same clothes from Catty's Dream in 5.17 99 Problems.

Catty was pacing, looking at the others, too exhausted to be convincingly sarcastic. "Yeah, no, this is good. Really. You know, eight months of turned pages and screwed pooches, but tonight? Tonight's when the magic happens."

"You're not helping, Catty," Angelos told her.

"Yeah, well, why don't you let me get out of your hair, then?" Catty asked.

Scarlett sighed. "I told you that Sam, Dean and I pushed her over an edge when we lost our hope, Los."

"Scar, none of this is your fault or Sam and Dean's, or Catty's," Angelos replied.

Sam, Dean and Scarlett weren't convinced that this wasn't their fault.

"Look, Catty, I know what you're going through, but I'm not gonna say that I get it or get how bad it can be," Ness told her. "You look like you're dead, and the mind games that the Angels are playing with you, but--"

Catty scoffed. "That's so not what this is about."

"Really?" Ness asked skeptically.

"Yes, Ness," Catty answered. "Nuclear is the only option we have left. Michael can ice the Devil, save a boatload of people."

"But not all of them," Bobby told her. "We gotta think of something else."

"Yeah, well, that's easy for you to say," Catty told him. "But if Lucifer burns this mother down, and I could have done something about it, guess what? That's on me."

"You can't give up, Catty," Bobby told her.

Catty looked away. "You're not my father. And you ain't in my shoes." Ness scoffed softly. "What?"

"Remember what I said yesterday about me not giving up even though Death and Lucifer brought back my Mom and a cemetery full of other Zombies to kill me so I would be out of the way?" Ness asked. "I told you that I wouldn't give up. And I'm not giving up. I promised you that I wouldn't. You're not in this alone, Catty, and you don't have to be the only one that has to carry all of the weight. Why is that so hard for you to see?"

Catty didn't answer, looking away, not showing them her reaction. "This is not about giving up, Ness."

"Then what is it about, Cat, huh?" Ness asked. "Please, explain this to us."

Catty looked at them hesitantly. "They told me I couldn't tell you or they would hurt him."

"Hurt who?" Octavia asked. "Catty, what are you talking about?"

§

Later

Catty had told them everything.

Dean looked at Catty skeptically. "You're basing all of this off a dream?"

Catty raised her arms in a shrug. "Not the first time Angels have sent me messages through dreams. And I know what you're thinking. Maybe this is just another attempt to break me and make me say yes. But this dream wasn't like the others I've been having for the last eight months, okay?" Sam, Scarlett and Dean still didn't look convinced. Bobby and Ness exchanged a look. Castiel, Octavia and Angelos were wondering if it could be true. Catty sighed, trying to get them to understand. "Michael was able to possess Dad, right? And Lucifer wants Sam as his vessel. And they say that Dean and Scar are eligible. It's a bloodline thing, right?"

"Right," Angelos answered.

"They got tired of waiting for me to say yes," Catty told them. "But who else do we know of that they can get to? They can't get to Dad's body. He's gone. They know he'll never say yes, anyway. But what Winchester do we know that they can bring back from the dead, is a kid, easily impressionable, and they could use his mother's life as a bargaining chip, huh? He won't know the difference."

"Our brother," Sam realized sadly.

"Wait a minute," Bobby told them. "Your brother? Adam?"

"Cas, Ava, Los, what the hell?" Ness asked.

Castiel sighed. "It's possible."

Catty nodded barely. "They're gonna bring him back from the dead and talk him into letting Michael take him as his vessel unless I say yes. It's me or him. And I know that we haven't even met the real him, but he is still our brother, and he is a kid that doesn't deserve any part of this. He's at peace right now. I want it to stay that way."

"Catty, some Angels give these dreams as a warning, nothing more," Castiel told her. "There's a chance that it's just a trick to get you to say yes that you're falling for."

Octavia held her head in pain, groaning, leaning against the doorway for support. (5.13 The Song Remains the Same.)

"Ava, you okay?" Sam asked.

"No," Octavia answered.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked.

Octavia breathed heavily. "I think Catty's right. Something's happening."

"Where?" Castiel and Angelos asked.

Octavia didn't answer, disappearing. Wind threw papers around the room.

Sam called after her worriedly. "Ava!"

Catty remembered her dream, standing. "Cas, Los, the clearing Ava's going to, like the one that I woke up when Cas first brought me back, with the trees fallen and everything. Angels are going to attack her. They'll blindside Ava and one nearly killed her in the dream before you showed up."

Scarlett became worried. "Los... Cas..."

Castiel and Angelos nodded in understanding, disappearing, leaving.

§

Woods

Catty's Dream from 5.16 "99 Problems" was coming true. Octavia was in the middle of the woods, looking around, walking toward a clearing in the middle of a circle of fallen trees (like Catty's grave site in 4.01 Lazarus Rising.) The ground was pulsing as if it was alive. Octavia reached toward the ground. An Angel appeared behind Octavia, trying to slash her with an Angel Blade. Octavia raised her arm to block the move, pushing his arm aside, grabbing her own Angel Sword, from her jacket pocket, twirling it in her hand to get a better grip, trying to stab the Angel. The Angel ducked. Octavia slashed toward his stomach. The Angel backed away just enough to make her miss, trying to grab Octavia's throat. Octavia caught his arm, flipping him to the ground. The Angel stood, slashing toward her. Octavia caught his arm, trying to stab him. The Angel used his other arm to catch hers, spinning Octavia to face away from him, restraining her from behind. Another Angel had been standing behind Octavia, trying to stab her in the heart with his own Angel Blade. Castiel appeared between them, catching the blade, turning the blade to stake the Angel in the heart, killing him with a flash of white light. Octavia grabbed the arms of the Angel that restrained her, flipping the Angel to the ground in front of them, kneeling down behind his head to stake him in the heart with her sword, killing him with a flash of white light. Another Angel tried to attack Octavia from behind. Angelos appeared, grabbing the Angel, throwing him away from Octavia to the ground, drawing his Angel Blade, spinning it to get a better grip. The Angel stood, slashing toward Angelos repeatedly. Angelos ducked, dodged and used his Angel Blade to block every move, elbowing the Angel in the chest, punching him in the face, kicking the Angel's Angel Blade out of his hand, catching it in his free hand, using both Angel Blades to stab the Angel through the neck from either side, killing him with a flash of white light. Octavia looked up at Castiel and Angelos in slight relief, breathing heavily. Castiel and Angelos held their hands toward Octavia. Octavia took them, letting them help her stand.

Castiel looked around to make sure there weren't anymore Angels. "Catty was right. Ava, you all right?"

"Yeah," Octavia answered. "Thanks to you two."

"Don't mention it," Angelos told her. "What else are friends for?"

Octavia smiled a small smile. She walked toward the moving ground, pulling out a body covered in mud, his face unseen, lying him down, kneeling next to him curiously in confusion. "Cas. Los."

Castiel and Angelos walked closer, looking at the body. Octavia looked from Castiel and Angelos over her shoulders to the revived, alive body that was still unconscious.

§

Singer House - Kitchen

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty were standing in the kitchen. Sam was standing in the way of the fridge.

Catty walked toward him. "I'm gonna get a beer. Do you mind?"

Sam moved out of the way. Catty opened the fridge, pulling out a beer.

Dean looked at Catty. "You know, Los, Cas and Ava might be right about this, Cat. Maybe the Angels are playing some sick joke on you to get you to say yes because they're dicks. Like they have been doing to you for the past eight months. They know your weakness is your family, no matter how distant, and no matter how well we actually know them."

§

Library

Bobby and Ness were still sitting at the desk. Wind blew papers around them. Castiel, Angelos and Octavia appeared, having the body.

"Help," Castiel told them.

"Guys!" Ness called.

Castiel, Angelos and Octavia laid the body down on the window seat. Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked in, looking at the body.

Catty looked at Dean significantly. "You were saying?"

"Is that him?" Bobby asked.

Adam Milligan was revealed to be the body, covered in mud, still unconscious.

"Yeah," Sam answered. "That's Adam. That's our brother."

Sam, Scarlett and Dean looked at Catty. Catty raised her eyebrows as if to say, I told you so.

§

Castiel nodded toward Adam. "We need to hide him now."

Octavia put her hand on Adam's chest, branding the Enochian symbols on his ribs to hide him from Angels. "I got it."

Adam woke up due to the pain, looking around them in confusion. "Where am I?"

"It's okay," Angelos told him. "Just relax. You're safe."

"Who the hell are you?" Adam asked.

"You're going to find this a little..." Scarlett trailed off. "A lot crazy, but I'm actually your sister." She nodded to Catty. "So is she." She gestured to Sam and Dean. "And these are your brothers. John Winchester was our father, too. See, I'm Scarlett--"

"Yeah, and I'm sure that's Catty, Sam and Dean," Adam told her. "I know who you are."

"How?" Sam asked.

"They warned me about you," Adam answered.

"Who did?" Dean asked.

"The Angels," Adam answered. "Now where the hell is Zachariah?"

§

Later

Adam was showered and dressed.

"So why don't you just tell us everything?" Ness asked. "Start from the beginning."

"Well, I was dead and in Heaven," Adam explained. "Except, it--it, uh, kinda looked like my prom, and I was making out with this girl. Her name was Kristin McGee."

"Yeah, that sounds like heaven," Dean told him. "Did you get to third base?"

"Just, uh, just keep going," Angelos told him.

"Well, these--these Angels, they popped out of nowhere, and they tell me that I--I'm chosen," Adam told them.

"For what?" Sam asked.

"To save the world," Adam answered.

"How you gonna do that?" Scarlett asked.

"Oh, me and some Archangel are going to kill the Devil," Adam answered.

"Uh-huh," Catty told him, knowing what he was going to say before asking the question, proving her earlier point to the others in the room. "What Archangel?"

"Michael," Adam answered. "I'm his, uh, sword or vessel or something. I don't know."

Catty looked at Sam, Dean, Scarlett, Angelos, Castiel, Octavia, Bobby and Ness as if to say, I told you so. She sat down in a chair.

Dean was annoyed. "Son of a bitch."

"You gotta be kidding me," Scarlett told them.

Castiel looked at Catty. "So they were really willing to move on from you to Adam. Because they were desperate. I mean, this plan isn't perfect, but it's possible."

"Wait," Adam told them. He looked at Catty. "If you were their first choice, why bring me into it?"

"She said no," Octavia answered, leaning against the wall, crossing her arms over her chest. "But she decided different less than 24 hours ago. Catty's been tormented by the Angels for months now to try to get her to say yes to the deal that they're now offering you, but since Catty is apparently too strong for their mind games, or so she says, she's only considering saying yes to save you."

"What are you getting at, Octavia?" Catty asked.

"That we all know that while yes, you're doing this to protect Adam, Zachariah bringing him back is what drove you over the edge," Octavia answered, sympathetic because of what the Angels were putting Catty through.

Catty was too exhausted to see that she wasn't trying to be a bitch, taking her words out of context without meaning to. "All right, you know what? Bite me, Ava. The Angels did not break me. I am not doing this because of what they are doing to me. I am doing this for Adam, and only Adam. After everything that's happened, all that crap about destiny, suddenly the Angels have a Plan B. Does that smell right to anybody? No. They gave me that dream for a reason. It's him or me. You all seem to know that I crumble when it comes to family. What did you think my choice was going to be? It's not about the Angels tormenting me, Ava. It's not about giving up. It's about saving Adam, and saving most of the planet. 'Cause now, it's gonna happen either way."

Octavia looked at Catty calmly. "You're unbelievable."

"Thank you," Catty told her in annoyance, looking away.

"I'm not trying to be a bitch, Catty," Octavia told her honestly. "I'm just telling the truth. And I don't think you're weak. You're one of the strongest Humans anyone's ever come across. But everyone has a breaking point." Catty shook her head, looking down. "I'm sorry about all of it."

Catty looked at Octavia, knowing that she was being sincere, sighing, but still in denial about the possibility of her breaking.

"You know, this has been a really moving family reunion, but, uh, I got a thing, so..." Adam trailed off, starting to stand.

Sam made him sit back down. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, no, no, no. Sit down. Just listen, okay? Please. Now, Adam... The Angels are lying to you. They're full of crap. If you were paying any attention to what Catty and Ava were just saying, you would know that they're the bad guys."

"Yeah, I don't believe you," Adam told them.

"Really?" Scarlett asked. "Why not?"

"Um, 'cause they're Angels," Adam answered.

"They tell you they were gonna roast half the planet?" Scarlett asked.

"They said the fight might get pretty hairy, but it is the Devil, right?" Adam asked. "So we got to stop him."

"Yeah, but there's another way," Scarlett told him.

"Great," Adam told them. "What is it?"

"We're working on 'the power of love'," Ness told him.

"How's that going?" Adam asked.

Ness shook her head. "Mm, not good."

"Look, Adam..." Sam trailed off. "You don't know me from a hole in the wall, I know. But I'm begging you. Please, just trust me. Give me some time."

"Give me one good reason," Adam told them.

"Because we're blood," Sam told him.

"You've got no right to say that to me," Adam told them.

"You're still John's boy," Bobby told him.

"No, John Winchester was some guy who took me to a baseball game once a year," Adam told them. "I don't have a Dad. So we may be blood, but we are not family. My Mom is my family. And if I do my job, I get to see her again. So no offense, but she's the one I give a rat's ass about, not you."

"Fair enough," Dean told him. "But if you have one good memory of Dad, just one, then you'll give us a little more time. Please."

§

Night - Dining Room

Adam was playing with a half-eaten sandwich. He saw Bobby and Ness talking in the library, looking toward the door in the kitchen to escape, walking toward the door.

Dean stood in his way. "Going somewhere?"

"Out for a... beer," Adam told him.

"Great," Dean told him. "We got a beer. Have a seat."

Dean and Adam sat at the table.

"Great," Adam told him. "You know, you pitched this whole dewy-eyed family thing, but the truth is, I'm on lockdown, aren't I?"

"At least you're not in Catty's lockdown," Dean told him. "She's harder to keep track of. A lot harder. Adam, you may not believe it, but Dad was trying to protect you. Keeping you from all of this."

"Yeah, well, I guess the monster that ate me didn't get that memo," Adam told him.

"You remember that?" Dean asked.

"Oh, yeah," Adam answered. "You know, you had a Dad, you had two sisters, and you had a brother." He looked toward Bobby and Ness. "And you had them, from what you've told me." He looked at Dean. "You see, it was me and it was my Mom. That's it. She worked the graveyard shift at the hospital. I cooked my own dinners. I put myself to bed. So you can say whatever you want about our Dad, but the truth is, I would have taken anything." Dean nodded slightly. "All right?"

"Look, if we had known we had a brother--" Dean started.

"Well, you didn't, so..." Adam trailed off.

"We would have found you," Dean told him. Adam scoffed, shaking his head. "Look, I can't change the past. I wish I could. But from here on out--"

"What?" Adam asked. "We gonna hop in the family truckster? Pop on down to Wally World?"

Dean couldn't help but chuckle, looking down. He looked at Adam. "Tell you one thing. With an attitude like that, you would have fit right in around here."

§

Panic Room

Catty no longer had her leather jacket on, wearing only her tank top, jeans and boots. She was sitting on the cot, looking at the look that Castiel was giving her. "Well, Cas, not for nothing, but the last person who looked at me like that... I got laid."

Sam held handcuffs in his hand. "Lock pick kit. Now." Catty pulled the lock pick kit out of her boot, handing it to him. Sam noticed the hair pin in her hair. "Hair pin."

Catty took it out, handing it to him, stretching out her leg. Castiel noticed the top of a handle in her boot, pulling it out.

Scarlett looked at Catty. "Tiny screw driver? Seriously?"

"Hey, one never knows when you need to unscrew," Catty told them. "Is that all? Or are you guys gonna do a full body cavity search?"

Castiel held the tiny screw driver toward Scarlett, looking at Catty. "Don't tempt me."

Scarlett took the tiny screw driver from Castiel. "Hey, um, why don't you go check on them upstairs?"

Castiel turned around, walking away. He turned back toward them outside the door, using magic to close the door. Sam handcuffed Catty's wrist to the bar on the bed.

"Is this really necessary?" Catty asked.

"Well, I mean, we got our hands full, Catty," Sam told her. "A house full of flight risks."

"I'm not letting him do it," Catty told them.

"Who, Adam?" Sam asked. "No, we're... we're not, either."

"No, you're not getting me," Catty told them.

"Oh, no, no, we 'get' you perfectly," Scarlett told her. "But we're not letting you do it, either."

"That kid's not taking a bullet for me," Catty told them.

"Cat..." Sam trailed off.

"I'm serious," Catty told them. "I mean, Sam, Scar, think about how many people we and Dean have gotten killed. Mom, Dad, Jessica, Ash, Jo, Ellen, Pamela. Should I keep going?"

"It's not like we pulled the trigger," Scarlett told her.

"We might as well have," Catty told them. "I'm tired, guys. I'm tired of fighting who I'm supposed to be."

"Well, do you think maybe you could take a half a second and stop trying to sacrifice yourself for a change?" Sam asked. "Maybe we could actually stick together?" Catty didn't answer, looking away. Sam sat in the chair next to her. "Look, Catty... we know this isn't just about sacrificing yourself for Adam." Catty closed her eyes. "Scar was right earlier when she told Los that her, me and Dean losing our faith pushed you over an edge because our hope was what was keeping you going, and I'm sorry that we gave up, but we're not giving up now. And Ava was right. This is about what Zachariah's been doing to you the entire time."

Catty shook her head. "No. It's not. Ava was wrong."

"Catty, it's okay," Sam told her.

Scarlett looked at her sadly in sympathy. "Look, Sam and I get it. Dean, Ness and Bobby do too. And so do Los, Ava and Cas. You're exhausted. You can't move on from the worst part of your life, from Hell, from Alastair, because of them. Sam and I get it."

Catty opened her eyes, breathing shakily, shaking her head. "No, you don't, guys."

"You want it to be over," Sam told her. "We want it to be over, too. Dean, Ness, Scar and I want you to stop hurting so much. You know Bobby, Ava, Cas and Los do too. We don't want you to get yourself killed because of what they're doing to you. But this is not the way."

Catty had tears in her eyes. "No."

"You just saying that because you don't want us or yourself to think that you're weak, because they broke you?" Sam asked. "Believe me, Catty. You're not weak. Like Ava said. You're one of the strongest people out there, being able to go on for this long. And longer after this."

"I could've gone years with this, Sam," Catty told him. "You know I could've, Scar. I'm doing this for Adam. Because Lucifer is gonna take a vessel, and if it's not gonna be one of you, then it's gonna be Dean. And when he does, there's got to be somebody there to fight him, and it ain't gonna be that kid. So, it's got to be me."

Sam and Scarlett didn't answer, looking at her sadly, knowing that all of these things were the things that pushed her over the edge.

§

Kitchen

Octavia was looking out of the window, outside, placing a tenth empty bottle of beer on the table after she had drank.

Ness walked in, standing a few feet away. "You can hear them, right?" Octavia nodded. "How are they doing?"

Octavia shrugged, scoffing softly. "Not well, Ness. I'm standing here, listening to Sam and Scar try to reassure their sister that she can survive this when she's lost almost all her faith because of the Angels, and after Sam, Dean and Scar temporarily lost their faith and unknowingly and unwillingly pushed Catty to this. I can't believe Angels did this to Catty. Anna was right. If Alastair wasn't going to destroy Catty, then the Angels would. And I wish I could've stopped it."

"You tried, Ava," Ness told her. "We know you tried. How you doing?"

Octavia looked at Ness. "Why do you care?"

"You went to bat for us how many times now?" Ness asked. "You died saving Sam, Scar, Dean and Catty."

Octavia shrugged. "I was resurrected."

"Yeah, but you didn't know that you were gonna be," Ness told her. "And, uh, you pretty much just outed yourself to every one of the Angels."

"God doesn't care, Ness," Octavia told her. "So why should I?"

Ness tilted her head, unconvinced. "Yeah, and you knew that you couldn't be standing here right now, helping us with the really important things, if you were still playing Kim Possible."

Octavia smirked. "You're back to calling me a redheaded superspy, are you, Ness? Where are Scar and Catty when you need them to call me Ariel, a mermaid who lost her tail to become Human for a man she loved? I'm pretty sure they started calling me Ariel because of Uriel, his name so close to Ursula, when he was my superior. Before I killed him and another Angel because they were trying to kill Cas and Los."

Ness smiled. "See, I like you, Ava, because you actually get a few references. You're not as clueless as Cas is. Neither is Los."

Octavia smiled a small smile. "Not all the way caught up with literature or filmography, but I have time to be."

Ness opened the fridge, grabbing three beers, tossing one to Octavia, tossing one over her shoulder. Octavia caught hers. Dean was standing behind Ness, catching the beer bottle. He looked at Octavia and Ness, opening his beer, taking a drink. Ness looked over her shoulder toward Dean, smirking. Octavia took a drink.

§

Panic Room

Castiel was back.

Catty was lying back on the cot, too tired to relax, a hand still handcuffed to the bar of the bed, her other hand resting behind her head. "If you wanted to see me handcuffed to a bed, all you had to do was ask. I mean, you really do know how to make a girl's nethers quiver, don't you?"

Castiel took it seriously, seeming tense. "I am aware of how to do that. Although it doesn't usually involve babysitting."

"Oh, Clarence uses sarcasm," Catty told him sarcastically. "I thought you didn't even know what it was."

"I know what it is," Castiel told her. "How can't I? You live and breathe it." Catty smiled tiredly. "And I still don't know who Clarence is."

"Would it kill you to watch a movie, read a book?" Catty asked.

"A movie, no," Castiel answered. "But a book with the proper spells? Yeah, it could, theoretically, kill me."

Catty rolled her eyes, looking at Castiel. "You know, you're much cuter when you're shutting up." She looked away in annoyance. "And when you're not looking at me like that."

"Like what?" Castiel asked.

"Judgy," Catty answered. "Self-righteous. Like you're disappointed with me."

"I am," Castiel told her.

"Yeah, Cas, I got that," Catty told him.

"But not in the way that you think, Catty," Castiel told her. "I know all the reasons that led to this."

Catty shook her head. "Only one reason. Adam."

"Catty," Castiel told her seriously, unconvinced. Catty sighed, closing her eyes. "I'm disappointed because you thought that you couldn't tell us what was really going on until we had to stop you."

"If I told you, they said they were going to hurt Adam," Catty told him. "I couldn't risk it. I am sorry, Cas."

"I know, Catty," Castiel told her.

Catty sighed. "But, like I've said, saying yes to Michael has nothing to do with giving up, or lack of faith in us, lack of bravery to fight against them, or because I'm afraid of them. I'm not afraid. I'm pissed. Because they are going to get to my little brother before they ever get to me, and all of you are so worried about what I will do, that he is just going to slip right under your noses. I guarantee it. But then, what's worth dying for, if not for family, even if it's not someone you've known your whole life, or if they're not even your blood? You don't have to be related to be family, Cas. You just have to care." Castiel seemed thoughtful. Catty sighed. "Truth is, I'm tired, Cas. I can't sleep because I know what's waiting for me, and even if I do fall asleep, the nightmares are only gonna make me wake up, even with hospital prescribed sedative pills. And I guess Ava was right about one thing. I don't know how much longer I can take it."

Castiel nodded barely in understanding, walking closer to Catty, reaching two fingertips toward her, waiting for her response. "This will work far better than sleeping medication. It won't stop the dreams, Catty. Not until Zachariah is dead. But it will help you rest."

Catty realized what he was meaning, nodding barely. "Please, Cas."

Castiel put two fingers to Catty's forehead, using magic to put her to sleep. He looked at her sleeping form for a moment thoughtfully, considering what she had said.

Catty slept restfully.

§

Singer Salvage Yard

Scarlett was standing alone, drinking.

Angelos walked outside, looking for her. "Scar?"

Scarlett peaked over at him. "I'm right here, Los."

Angelos walked closer. "How's she doing?" Scarlett shook her head, scoffing softly. "How are you doing?"

Scarlett shrugged, nodding slightly. "Better than she is."

"She'll be fine, Scar," Angelos told her.

"You don't know that," Scarlett told him.

Angelos sighed sadly. "No, I don't. But Cas, Ava and I rebelled for all of you. And it wasn't so that you guys could surrender to them."

"Los..." Scarlett trailed off.

"I gave everything for you," Angelos told her. "Cas, Ava, they gave everything, too. And we're not giving up on you. We're gonna make sure that you don't give up. You, Sam, Dean, Catty, Ness, Bobby. Whatever's going on with your sister or your brothers, we're not gonna let the Angels win."

"I hope not," Scarlett told him. "Because we can't let them destroy my sister. And we can't let them use Sam, Dean or Adam."

"Or you," Angelos told her.

Scarlett nodded. "Or me. But I'm not worried about me, Los. I'm worried about my sister and my brothers. If we don't kill Zachariah, and soon, he's going to destroy what's left of my sister, and we might not be able to get her back this time. Not because she's not strong enough, because she is the strongest person I know, since like Ava said earlier, if she wasn't strong, she wouldn't even be here right now, she would be locked up in an insane asylum again, this time being put there for real and not because of a job. Or she would have taken the easy way out, but the Angels would just bring her back to life because they need her."

"Yeah," Angelos agreed sadly. "Either way, you're right, Scar. She may be broken now, but she's not done for. And I believe you, Sam, Dean and Ness can help her pick up the pieces. And Bobby. And you know that, if we can, Cas, Ava and I will help you to."

Scarlett managed a small smile, nodding. "I know. Thanks."

§

Adam's Dream

Day - Park

Adam was sitting on a park bench, looking out at the playground.

Zachariah appeared next to Adam. "Your Mom's not coming, you know. This is the park where your Mom took you on her day off, right? She's not coming. Not yet. But she will... soon."

"You're Zachariah, right?" Adam asked.

"I am," Zachariah answered. "You weren't where you were supposed to be, kid."

"Yeah, I know," Adam told him.

"Can't quite zero in on you, either," Zachariah told him. "So, let me take a wild guess. You're with Sam, Scarlett, Dean and Catty?"

"Yeah," Adam answered.

"Didn't we tell you about them?" Zachariah asked. Adam nodded. "So you know you can't trust them, right? You know Sam, Scarlett, Catty and Dean Winchester are psychotically, irrationally, erotically codependent on each other, right?"

"I don't know," Adam told him. "They said a few things about you, screwing with Catty's head."

"Really?" Zachariah asked. "Trust me, kid, when the heat gets hot, they're not gonna give a flying crap about you. Hell, they'd rather save each other's sweet bacon than save the planet. They're not your family. Understand? Now... you want to see your Mom again or not?"

Adam didn't answer, looking at Zachariah.

§

Reality

Night - Singer House - Library

Adam gasped awake.

§

Living Room

Everyone but Catty and Adam were gathered.

"Bobby, what do you mean, 'Adam is gone'?" Scarlett asked.

"Should I say it in Spanish?" Bobby asked.

"He's gone how?" Dean asked. "What the hell, Bobby?"

"Watch your tone, boy," Bobby told them. "He was right in front of me, and he disappeared into thin air."

Octavia sighed in annoyance. "Because the Angels took him."

"What do you mean, the Angels took Adam?" Sam asked. "Ava, you branded his ribs, didn't you?"

"Yes," Octavia answered. "Adam must have tipped them."

"How?" Dean asked.

"I don't know," Octavia told them. "Maybe in a dream."

"Well, where would they have taken him?" Ness asked.

Castiel, Angelos and Octavia exchanged a knowing look.

§

Angelic Green Room

The room was the same room the Angels had taken Catty to in 4.22 Lazarus Rising. There was a table with beer and burgers piled high. Adam was sitting at the table, grabbing a burger, digging in.

Zachariah was sitting at the other end of the table. "I see you and Catty share the same refined palate."

Adam took in the taste, pleased. He looked at Zachariah. "So, uh... we ready?"

"For what?" Zachariah asked.

"What do you mean, for what?" Adam asked. "For Michael."

Zachariah nodded. "Oh. Right. About that... Look, this is never easy, but I'm afraid... we've had to terminate your position at this time."

"Excuse me?" Adam asked.

"Hey, don't get me wrong," Zachariah told him. "You've been a hell of a sport, really. Good stuff. But the thing is, you're not so much the 'chosen one' as you are... a clammy scrap of bait."

Adam looked at Zachariah in confusion. "No." Zachariah nodded. "But what about the stuff that you said? I'm supposed to fight the Devil."

"Mm, not so much," Zachariah told him. "Hey. If it's any consolation, you happen to be the illegitimate half-brother of the girl we do care about. That's not bad, is it?"

"So you lied," Adam realized. "About everything."

"We didn't lie," Zachariah told him. "We just avoided certain truths to manipulate you."

Adam looked at Zachariah angrily. "Oh, you son of a bitch. They were telling the truth about your stupid, sadistic mind games on Catty."

"Hey, how do you think I feel?" Zachariah asked. "I'm the one that's got to put up with that dumb, slack-jawed look on your face. Kid, we didn't have a choice. We thought that tormenting your sister with flashbacks of her darkest hours was gonna work. But no. It might've worked in a decade or two, but we need her now. The Winchesters got one blind spot, and it's family. See, Sam, Catty, Scarlett and Dean, they're gonna put aside their difference and they're gonna come get you, and that is gonna put Catty right... here... right where I need her." He stood, turning away. "This is the night, kid. Our night." He turned to face Adam, raising his arms in a shrug. "Michael's seen it. The tumblers finally click into place, and it's all because of you. And me. But who's keeping score?"

Adam stood angrily. "Yeah, I'm not gonna let you do this."

"Cool your jets, corky," Zachariah told him. "Sit down. We're doing it together." Adam sat down. "Plus, you still get your severance. You still get to see your Mom, okay?"

"Why should I believe you?" Adam asked.

"You know what?" Zachariah asked. "I keep hearing this." He made his hand do a talking motion. "But what I want to be hearing is this." He closed his hand-mouth, using magic to make Adam vomit blood onto the table. "Yeah." Adam gasped for breath in pain. "That's better."

§

Day Two

Morning - Singer House - Panic Room

Catty was still sleeping. She slowly woke up, still looking tired, but not nearly as much as before. She pulled at her wrist, realizing it was still handcuffed to the cot.

Ness was sitting in a chair nearby. "How you feeling?"

Catty looked at Ness, chuckling lightly. "Still tired as hell, but that was the best night of sleep I've gotten since before all of these nightmares started happening. I really gotta thank Cas, Ness. But Cas was right. Still saw everything the Angels wanted me to see, though. So how's it going?"

"Adam's gone," Ness told her. "The Angels have him."

Catty sat up, instantly alert. "Where?"

"The room where they took you," Ness answered.

"You sure?" Catty asked.

Ness nodded. "Cas, Ava and Los did a re-con."

"And?" Catty asked.

"And the place is crawling with mooks," Ness answered. "Pretty much a no-shot-in-hell, hail-Mary kind of thing."

"Ah, so the usual," Catty told her. "What are you going to do?"

Ness stood, walking closer. "For starters, we're bringing you with."

Catty raised her eyebrows. "Excuse me?"

Ness unlocked Catty's handcuffs, releasing her. "There are too many of them. We can't do it alone. And uh, you're pretty much the only game in town."

"Isn't that a bad idea?" Catty asked.

Ness stepped away, sitting on the desk, facing Catty. "Cas, Ava, Los and my Dad think so. Not because they doubt you, but because they know what the Angels could do to make you say yes. Me? Scar, Sam and Dean? We're not so sure."

"Well, Cas, Ava, Los and Bobby are right," Catty told her. "Because either it's a trap to get me there to make me say yes, Ness, or it's not a trap and I'm gonna say yes anyway. And I will. I'll do it. Fair warning."

"No, you won't," Ness told her. "When push shoves, you'll make the right call. And I have a plan to get us all out of this."

Catty sighed. "Great. Another crazy plan by Ness Singer, yours truly."

Ness smirked. "It might be crazy. It might work. It might not. But I told you that I would find a way to get you out of this. I promised you that. And I'm keeping that promise. After today, we'll have one less problem to worry about."

"What are you talking about?" Catty asked.

"It's not something that you can tell the others," Ness told her. "Okay? It stays between you and me. We're gonna finish this, Catty. Together."

Catty and Ness looked at each other as Catty waited for Ness to tell her the plan.

§

Warehouse - Outside

Dean, Ness, Castiel, Catty, Scarlett, Angelos, Sam and Octavia appeared outside the warehouse, walking toward the entrance.

"Where the hell are we?" Sam asked.

"Van Nuys, California," Angelos answered.

"Where's the beautiful room?" Catty asked.

"In there," Castiel answered.

"The beautiful room is in an abandoned muffler factory in Van Nuys, California?" Catty asked.

"Where'd you think it was?" Castiel asked.

"I--I don't know," Catty told him. "Jupiter? A blade of grass? Not Van Nuys."

Dean looked at Castiel, Angelos and Octavia. "Tell me again why you three don't just grab Adam and shazam the hell out of there."

"Because there are at least ten Angels in there," Angelos answered.

"So?" Scarlett asked. "You're fast."

"They're faster," Angelos told them.

Castiel took off his tie, wrapping it around his palm. "We'll clear them out. You grab the boy. This is our only chance."

Ness saw something on Octavia's back through her black translucent cardigan, underneath her black spaghetti strapped tank top, walking closer to Octavia, slightly alarmed. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, Ava. I told you to get that on, like a wall or something, not you."

"It won't be enough," Octavia told them. "If we make them disappear, they'll be back shortly. But if we do it this way, it'll kill them."

"And you," Ness told her. "It's suicide, Ava."

"Maybe it is," Octavia told them. "But we can't let Michael take either Adam or Catty. And I lost everything for this. If I don't give it my all, what's the point of fighting? I'm doing this. You won't be able to change my mind. You all have a strong sense of family and loyalty. I also believe that is something worth dying for." She looked over Dean, Ness, Castiel, Catty, Scarlett, Angelos and Sam. "I'm sorry."

Castiel and Angelos tried to stop her. "Ava--"

"Ava, wait," Scarlett told her.

Octavia drew her Angel Sword, walking inside. The others watched her go in shock, awed but sad by this.

§

Inside

Octavia stepped further into the warehouse, Angel Sword in hand. Castiel and Angelos walked in, closing the door behind them. They walked toward Octavia.

Octavia looked around the abandoned warehouse, seeing many other Angels, all with Angel Blades, walking closer, taking off her cardigan to reveal a Sigil on her back through the black tank top, looking at Castiel and Angelos. "Do it." Castiel and Angelos looked at the blades in their hands, but didn't do anything. "What are you waiting for, Los? Come on, Cas." Castiel and Angelos looked as if they couldn't kill her. The Angels ran closer. "Los! Cas!"

Instead of stabbing the blades into the Sigil on Octavia's back, Castiel and Angelos cut their hands, slamming the blood over the Sigil so that they wouldn't be sent away, but sending all the others away. Light vibrated out of the Octavia's body, making the rest of them disappear with a violent flash of bright white light, all except Castiel and Angelos. Ness, Sam, Scarlett, Dean and Catty walked in. They looked at Castiel and Angelos' Angel Blades to see that they contained blood.

"Did you..." Sam trailed off. "Ava..."

"No," Castiel answered. "Los and I couldn't go through with it. We sent Ava and the others all away instead."

"So does that mean..." Sam trailed off.

"The Angels were be back, but not all at once," Angelos told them.

"What about Ava?" Sam asked.

Angelos sighed worriedly. "We don't know. If Ava's alive, we'll find her. Cas and I'll be able to hold them off. You get the boy."

Catty walked out of the room. Castiel and Angelos spun the Angel Blades in their hands to get a better grip, preparing for the fight.

§

Angelic Green Room

Adam was lying on the floor across the room weakly.

Catty walked toward him. "Adam, hey. Hey."

"You came for me," Adam told her.

"Yeah, well, you're family," Catty told him, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, helping Adam stand.

"Catty, it's a trap," Adam told her.

"I figured," Catty told him.

Zachariah walked in. "Catty, please. Did you really think it would be that easy?"

"Did you?" Catty replied. Sam came at Zachariah from behind with an Angel Blade. Zachariah turned to face Sam, pushing the blade out of his hand, throwing Sam against a screen, making him fall to the floor. "Sam!"

Dean picked up the Angel Blade, trying to slash it into Zachariah.

Zachariah caught his wrist, grabbing Dean by his throat. "You know what I've learned from this experience, Dean? Patience." He let go of Dean, waving a hand. Dean fell to the floor, coughing up blood. Scarlett ran to fight Zachariah. Zachariah caught her by her throat, waving a hand, making her start to cough up blood. "Oh, hi, Scarlett."

Scarlett fell to her knees, still coughing up blood weakly.

Catty let go of Adam, stepping closer. "Dean? Scar?" She looked at Zachariah angrily. "Let them go, you son of a bitch."

Zachariah turned to face Catty. "I mean, I thought I was downsized for sure. And for us, a firing... pretty damn literal. But I should have trusted the boss man. It's all playing out like he said... You, me, your hemorrhaging brothers and sister."

Zachariah turned his fists in Sam and Adam's directions, making them cough up blood like Dean and Scarlett. Adam fell to his knees.

§

Main Room

Castiel staked an Angel in the heart with his Angel Blade, killing him with a flash of bright white light, taking the blade out, letting him fall. An Angel appeared behind Angelos, slashing toward him with an Angel Blade. Angelos ducked, spinning to face him, turning the blade to face him, stabbing him in the stomach, killing him with a flash of bright white light, letting him fall to the floor. Castiel looked up to see an Angel in front of him, throwing his Angel Blade into his chest, killing him with a flash of bright white light. The body fell to the ground. Castiel walked closer, taking his blade out of his chest, standing.

§

Angelic Green Room

Zachariah looked at Catty. "You're finally ready, right?" Catty looked from Zachariah to Dean, Scarlett, Sam and Adam as they continued to cough up blood. Zachariah walked closer to Catty. "You know there's no other choice. There's never been a choice."

Catty backed away from Zachariah. "Stop it. Stop it right now!"

"In exchange for what?" Zachariah asked.

"Damn it, Zachariah," Catty told him. "Stop it, please." She hesitated. "I'll do it."

"I'm sorry," Zachariah told her. "What was that?"

"Okay, yes," Catty told him. "The answer is yes."

"Catty!" Sam told her.

"Cat!" Dean told her.

"No!" Scarlett told her.

Catty ignored them, looking at Zachariah. "Do you hear me? Call Michael down, you bastard!"

"How do I know you're not lying?" Zachariah asked.

"Do I look like I'm lying?" Catty asked. She looked at him desperately. "I'm tired, Zachariah. I'm done. Okay? You did it. Your plan worked. Just make it stop already. Please." Zachariah started to smirk. "The answer's yes."

Zachariah turned away, speaking in Enochian, summoning Michael. "Zodireda noco aberamage nazodpesade. He's coming."

Catty looked toward Dean, Scarlett and Sam. Dean, Scarlett and Sam looked at Catty in devastated, horrified confusion.

Catty winked at them, smirking. She looked at Zachariah, acting completely normal. "Of course, I have a few conditions."

Zachariah turned to face Catty in confusion. "What?"

"The few people whose safety you have to guarantee before I say yes," Catty told him.

"Sure, fine," Zachariah told her. "Make a list."

"But most of all..." Catty trailed off. "Michael can't have me until he disintegrates you."

"What did you say?" Zachariah asked.

"I said..." Catty trailed off, stepping closer to Zachariah. "Before Michael gets one piece of this sweet ass... he has to turn you into a piece of charcoal."

"You really think Michael's gonna go for that?" Zachariah asked.

"Who's more important to him now?" Catty asked. "You... or me?"

"You listen to me," Zachariah told her. "You are nothing but a maggot inside a worm's ass. Do you know who I am... after I deliver you to Michael?"

"Expendable," Catty answered.

"Michael's not gonna kill me," Zachariah told her.

"Maybe not," Catty told him. "But we are."

Catty had her own Angel Blade, trying to stab Zachariah in the chin through his mouth and into his head.

Zachariah caught her arms, pulling Catty closer threateningly, angrily. "Did you really think that would work?"

"No, actually," Catty answered. "Ness and I were counting on that it wouldn't." Zachariah looked at Catty in confusion. Catty ripped her arms out of Zachariah's grasp, grabbing his shoulders to restrain him. "Ness, now!"

Ness arrived, standing behind Zachariah, driving Octavia's Angel Sword through the back of Zachariah's head, making the blade come in through his mouth, killing him with a flash of bright white light. Ness took the sword out. Catty let him fall to the floor, against the wall.

Zachariah's wings seared into the floor and wall on either side of him, indicating he really was dead. Catty and Ness looked at each other, breathing heavily in surprise that had actually worked. They started to smile in relief. White light and the ear-piercing noise filled the room, indicating Michael coming. Catty and Ness walked toward Sam, Scarlett, Dean and Adam.

Ness helped Dean stand. "Dean? Can you walk?"

"Yeah," Dean answered.

"Okay, come on," Ness told them. Catty ran closer, wrapping Adam's arm around her shoulders, helping him stand. Ness helped Sam and Scarlett stand. "Sam. Scar. Come on, move it!"

Ness led the way to the door, opening it, walking out, standing right outside. Scarlett, Sam and Dean followed. Catty and Adam followed. Adam was pulled back into the room. The door slammed shut between them, locking Adam inside.

Adam rattled the door. "No! Catty! Help! It won't open!" Castiel killed the last body, making ten Angel bodies scattered on the floor killed by him and Angelos. Castiel and Angelos stood, turning to face them in confusion. Catty tried to open the door, burned at the touch when she touched the knob, making her pull her hand away in pain. "Cat, help! Catty!"

"Hold on!" Catty told him. "We'll get you out. Just hold on. Adam! Can you hear me?"

§

Angelic Green Room

The blindingly bright white light grew even brighter. Adam turned around in confusion.

§

Main Room

Catty could see that the light was fading, testing the doorknob. She could touch it. "Adam?"

Catty opened the door to see an abandoned office. She turned to face Castiel, Angelos, Scarlett, Ness, Sam and Dean, panicking. Castiel closed his eyes, lowering his head. Angelos hung his head in sympathy and sorrow. Ness looked worried. Scarlett, Sam and Dean looked in denial. Catty looked into the abandoned office, feeling guilty despair.

§

Catty walked toward Castiel, Angelos, Ness, Scarlett, Sam and Dean. "You think Adam's okay?"

"Doubt it," Angelos told them. "Ava, either."

"But we'll get them, Los," Castiel told him. "We'll find Ava and Adam."

Sam looked between Catty and Ness. "So..."

"'So' what?" Catty asked.

Sam sighed. "All of this, Catty saying 'yes', it was a distraction for Ness to come in and kill Zachariah?"

"Well, it was a whole lot of teamwork, but... basically, yeah," Ness answered.

"Which means the nightmares should be over, Catty," Castiel told her.

Catty sighed in relief, tilting her head back.

Scarlett chuckled in slight surprise, looking from Catty to Ness. "Why didn't you guys tell us?"

"Because your reactions had to be real," Ness answered. "Otherwise Zachariah would've known something was up, and we wouldn't have been able to kill him."

"Let me guess, Ness," Dean told her. "This crazy plan was one of yours."

Ness smirked. "Guilty." She looked down. "But it was supposed to save Adam, too." She took a deep breath, looking at Catty, Castiel, Angelos, Scarlett Sam and Dean. "But now all the Angels and the Devil have done is just piss us off, tried to have us all killed, and make us loose a lot of people that we love. Ellen. Jo. My Mom." She looked at Castiel nd Angelos. "They may have made us lose Ava, if she didn't survive the blast." Castiel and Angelos lowered their gazes. Ness looked at the others. "Well, now I'm vengeful, and I still wanna try to save the world. How about you guys? It's not revenge. It's retribution, and it's saving all of these people's lives that they are willing to let die in some stupid prize fight." Catty, Castiel, Angelos, Scarlett, Sam and Dean were in silent agreement. "So screw destiny, right in the face. I say we take the fight to them, and do it our way."

Catty and Castiel nodded in agreement. Angelos and Scarlett exchanged a smirk, nodding.

Dean nodded. "Sounds good to me."

Sam nodded. "Yeah. Me, too."

"I think it sounds good to all of us," Scarlett told them.

Angelos smirked. "Yes, it does."

Catty, Castiel, Angelos, Scarlett, Ness, Sam and Dean looked at each other, not knowing if they could actually do as they said, but were determined, defiant and martyrs enough to try to win the fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

792K 16.9K 115
Book 1 " Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they were once before." Elen...
177K 5.1K 27
Emma thought she was just some normal girl with a mother who didn't care about her feelings. She was used to moving around not staying in one place f...
21.3K 464 26
Sam Winchester is possessed by an Angel. Dean Winchester and Ness Singer-Winchester are in on the loop. Sam and Dean's sister, Catty, is not. Dean kn...
26.3K 561 25
Catty and Dean Winchester and Ness Singer have been out of the life for a year now. Catty had gone to her old flame, Brett Blake, up in New York, and...