Worlds Colliding (Supernatura...

By katherinep97

Catty Winchester is "the vessel". Michael's vessel. Sam Winchester is Lucifer's vessel. Dean and Scarlett Win... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - Sympathy for the Devil
Chapter 2 - Good God, Y'All!
Chapter 3 - Free to Be You and Me
Chapter 4 - The End
Chapter 5 - Fallen Idols
Chapter 7 - The Curious Case of Ness Singer
Chapter 8 - Changing Channels
Chapter 9 - The Real Ghostbusters
Chapter 10 - Abandon All Hope...
Chapter 11 - Catty, Interrupted
Chapter 12 - Swap Meat
Chapter 13 - The Song Remains the Same
Chapter 14 - My Bloody Valentine
Chapter 15 - Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Chapter 16 - Dark Side of the Moon
Chapter 17 - 99 Problems
Chapter 18 - Point of No Return
Chapter 19 - Hammer of the Gods
Chapter 20 - The Devil You Know
Chapter 21 - Two Minutes to Midnight
Chapter 22 - Swan Song

Chapter 6 - I Believe the Children Are Our Future

186 14 1
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/40538

THEN

From 5.01 - Sympathy for the Devil: In the hospital's parking lot, Dean looked at Sam and Scarlett. "You chose two Demons over your own brother and sister, and look what happened."

From 5.01 - Sympathy for the Devil: In St. Mary's Convent, a brilliant white light flowed from the central point of the pattern of the vortex door on the floor.

Sam: (voice over from 5.03 - Free to Be You and Me) "Catty broke the first Seal. Scar and I broke the last."

From 5.03 - Free to Be You and Me: In Sam's motel room, Octavia morphed into Lucifer.

Scarlett: (voice over from 5.03 - Free to Be You and Me) "Catty, Sam and I started the Apocalypse."

From 5.01 - Sympathy for the Devil: In the hospital's parking lot, Scarlett looked at Catty and Dean. "I'm sorry. We would give anything."

From 4.21 - When the Levee Breaks: In the honeymoon suite, there were flashes of Sam and Scarlett fighting with Dean.

From 4.21 - When the Levee Breaks: In the alley, Sam and Scarlett looked at Catty's unconscious body for a moment, following Ruby.

Scarlett: (voice over from 5.01 - Sympathy for the Devil) "Anything to take it all back."

From 5.01 - Sympathy for the Devil: In the hospital's parking lot, Catty looked at Sam and Scarlett. "I know you would."

From 3.05 - Bedtime Stories: At the crossroads, Dean used the Colt to shoot Catty's Crossroads Demon in the head, killing him.

From 4.02 - Are You There, God? It's Me, Catty Winchester: In the Singer House's Library, Catty shot the two little Ghost girls with a salt shell shotgun, making them disappear.

From 4.17 - It's a Terrible Life: At Sandover Bridge & Iron, Sandover the Ghost appeared between Sam, Scarlett and Dean. Sam Wesson, Scarlett Savage and Dean Smith both swung their iron pokers through Sandover, making him disappear. Catty Beretta was holding Sandover's Gloves, already having them burning. Sandover caught fire, burning into nothing.

From 4.09 - Know What You Did Last Summer, Scarlett Winchester: In the church, Catty, Scarlett, Sam and Dean shattered through the window, falling toward the ground below.

Sam: (voice over from 5.05 - Fallen Idols) "If we're gonna be a team, all of us..."

From 5.05 - Fallen Idols: In the motel room, Sam looked at Scarlett, Dean and Catty. "It has to be a four-way street."

From 5.02 - Good God, Y'All!: In the gas station, "Demon 2" swung the baseball bat toward Catty. Catty caught it with one arm, stabbing him in the neck with her knife, killing him, taking it out, letting him fall to the floor.

From 5.03 - Free to Be You and Me: In the bar, Reggie tried to punch Scarlett. Scarlett ducked, kneeing Reggie in the stomach, making him double over in pain, kicking him in the face, making him fall to the floor. Tim ran toward Sam. Sam punched Tim in the face, making him back into the table behind him, making Tim and the table fall to the floor.

From 5.05 - Fallen Idols: In the Wax Museum's woods room, Dean finally pulled free of the ropes, running toward Leshi/Paris, tackling her to the floor.

Sam: (voice over from 5.05 - Fallen Idols) "We gotta just grab onto whatever's in front of us, kick its ass, and go down fighting."

From 5.05 - Fallen Idols: Outside the motel, Scarlett considered this, nodding. "I can get on board with that."

Catty nodded. "Yeah, me, too. But we're gonna have to do it on the same level."

Dean smiled a small smile. "You got it."

NOW

§

Alliance, Nebraska

Night - House - Living Room

A young woman watched a movie on TV. A hairbrush sat on top of the TV.

The girl leaned forward, taking the brush, brushing her hair while watching TV. She had plastic nails on. She heard something, turning around. She put the brush back, standing, looking around. "Jimmy?" She walked a little further, sliding a closet open to reveal a boy, presumably Jimmy, inside, unmoving and covered in something red that looked like blood, and a headband with arrow halves on either side to make it as if he had been shot in the head with the arrow. The girl sighed. "I told you to go to bed."

"I can't," Jimmy told her. "I'm dead."

The girl leaned down to touch the red substance. "What is this, ketchup? Gross!"

The girl hit Jimmy lightly.

Jimmy stood. "Ow. You're mean."

"Yeah, that's what your parents pay me for, to be mean," the girl told him sarcastically, pulling Jimmy out of the closet. "Bed, now."

"Okay, okay," Jimmy told her. "Just wait." The girl let him go. Jimmy turned to face her, taking off the headband. "Wait. I'll go to be if you let me touch your boob."

The girl sighed, pushing Jimmy along. "Go!"

The girl watched Jimmy walk upstairs, going back to the movie. She heard barking, turning off the TV. The barking continued. The girl walked toward the window, moving the curtains to look outside.

§

Later

There was nothing but static on the TV. A man and woman walked past the window, into the house. The girl was lying on her side on the sofa, apparently asleep.

The man looked at the woman. "I'll, uh, take Amber home. Don't wait up." The woman walked upstairs. The man turned off the TV, walking toward the girl on the couch. "Amber." Amber didn't answer. "Amber." Amber didn't answer. "Amber?" Amber didn't answer. The man leaned down to touch Amber's shoulder, feeling something squelch. He turned on the light, looking at the liquid on his fingers. Blood. The man rolled Amber onto her back. There was a hole in her skull that showed her brain. The man yelled for the woman in horror. "Francine!"

§ Worlds Colliding (Supernatural) §

Day Two

Morning - Hospital - Morgue

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty were standing in the morgue, posing as FBI, holding up the fake badges to show the male doctor.

"Agents Page, Bonham, Plant and Jones, FBI," Catty told him.

"What brings you by?" the doctor asked.

"We need to see Amber Freer's body," Sam told him.

"Really?" the doctor asked. "What for?"

"The police report said something clawed through her skull," Dean told him.

"You didn't see the autopsy report that I emailed out this morning?" the doctor asked.

"We had, uh, server issues," Scarlett told him.

The doctor led the way toward the storage units, pulling out the slab with Amber's body, folding the sheet away from her head. "When they brought her in, we thought she was attacked by a wolf or something."

"Or something?" Scarlett asked.

"But we were wrong," the doctor told them, picking up a plastic bag from the slab, showing it to them.

"Is that a--" Catty started.

"It's a press-on nail," the doctor answered. "We found it in her temporal lobe."

"Is that even possible?" Sam asked.

"Wait," Dean told them. "Are you--you saying that she did this to herself?"

"Uh-huh," the doctor answered. "She scratched her brains out. It'd take hours, and it'd hurt like hell, but sure, it's possible."

"How?" Scarlett asked.

"Pick your acronym," the doctor told them. "OCD, PCP. It all spells crazy." Sam pulled back the seat a little further. Amber's right hand had four press-on nails still attached. The middle finger had nothing. "My guess, some kind of phantom itch. I mean, an extreme case, but..."

"Phantom itch?" Catty repeated.

The doctor nodded. "Yep." He covered Amber's head, sliding the slab back into hiding, closing the door. "All it takes is someone talking about an itch--or thinking about one, even--and suddenly you can't stop scratching."

"Thanks, doc," Catty told him, scratching her head.

Sam scratched under his collar. Dean scratched his ear. Scarlett scratched her neck.

§

Jimmy's House

Sam was sitting in the armchair, holding a notebook and pen. The man and Francine were sitting on the sofa. Dean was sitting in a chair next to Sam. Catty and Scarlett were wandering around behind them.

"Okay," Sam told them. "Okay, now, some of these questions might seem a bit odd, but please just bear with me. Have you noticed any cold spots in the house?"

"Uh, no," the man answered.

"Okay, uh, what about strange smells?" Scarlett asked.

Catty looked around a corner to see Jimmy standing there.

"What are you looking for?" Jimmy asked.

"Don't know yet," Catty told him, walking toward Jimmy. "It's, uh, Jimmy, right?" Jimmy nodded. "So, Amber was your babysitter?"

"Yes, ma'am," Jimmy answered.

"Yeah, most of my babysitters sucked," Catty told him. "Especially Ms. Chancey. She only cared about two things. Dynasty and bedtime." Jimmy made a face. Catty chuckled. "Did you, uh, you see anything strange that night?"

Jimmy shook his head unconvincingly. "No."

"You sure about that?" Catty asked.

"I--I would tell you if I knew something," Jimmy told her. Catty raised her eyebrows at him, unconvinced. "I promise. 100%. Cross my heart."

Catty looked over her shoulder toward the others, looking at Jimmy. "Well, Jimmy, I, uh... I happen to know you're lying."

"I'm not," Jimmy told her.

"You don't have to be scared," Catty told him. "You tell me, and I won't tell anybody."

"You promise?" Jimmy asked.

Catty nodded. "Promise."

§

Outside

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked outside.

Catty held up a packet of itching powder. "Kid said he put this on the babysitter's hairbrush."

"Catty, there's no way itching powder made that girl scratch her brains out," Dean told her. "It's just ground-up maple seeds."

"If you have any other theories, I'm open to them," Scarlett told them.

Sam's phone rang. He answered. "Yeah?" Catty and Scarlett opened the back seat doors of the Impala. "Uh-huh." Sam walked around the car toward the passenger side. Dean opened the driver's. "Yeah, we'll be right there."

They got into the Impala, driving away.

§

Hospital - Man's Room

A nurse zipped up a body bag, and he and another nurse rolled it out of the room. The doctor watched from the corridor. Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked toward him.

"What happened?" Sam asked.

"Guy got electrocuted," the doctor answered.

"Any idea how?" Dean asked.

"Eh, maybe a loose wire in a piece of equipment shorted out," the doctor told them. "So far, we haven't found anything."

"Witnesses?" Scarlett asked.

"Yeah," the doctor answered. "Guy in there. Mr. Stanley." They looked toward the man to see that Stanley was an old man sitting in a chair in the room, looking out the window. "He says he saw it, but he's not making a lick of sense. Senile."

"Thanks," Catty told him. They walked into the room. The doctor walked out, leaving. "Um, Mr. Stanley?"

"It was just a joke," Stanley told them. "I didn't know it would really work."

"What would work?" Dean asked.

"All I did was shake his hand," Stanley told them, holding out his hand to show them a joy buzzer.

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty exchanged a look.

§

Motel

Catty, Dean, Scarlett and Sam were wearing normal clothes.

Dean put on a pair of goggles and a pair of gloves, adjusting the goggles, picking up the joy buzzer, looking at it for a moment, turning to Catty, Scarlett and Sam. "You ready?"

"Hit it, Mr. Wizard," Catty told him, holding another pair of goggles to her eyes.

Sam and Scarlett put on two other pairs of goggles. There was large uncooked ham in two stacked aluminum-foil pans sitting on the table in front of Dean. Dean held the joy buzzer over the ham, hesitating, pressing it to the ham, electrocuting the ham. Electricity crackled. Steam rose from the ham as it changed the color from brown to black. Dean removed the joy buzzer. The ham sizzled. Catty and Scarlett lowered the goggles in shock.

Dean flipped up the dark-plastic visor on the goggles. "That'll do, Pig."

"What the hell?" Scarlett asked.

Sam took off the goggles. "That crap isn't supposed to work."

Dean took off the goggles, looking at the now-cooked ham. "This thing doesn't even have batteries."

Dean took off the gloves.

"So..." Sam trailed off. "So, what? Are--Are we looking at Cursed Objects?"

"Sounds good," Catty told them. Dean pulled out a knife, flipping it open, cutting a piece off the ham. "Maybe there's a powerful Witch in town." Dean ate the piece of ham. "Is there any link between the, uh, the joy buzzer and the itching powder?"

"Uh, one was made in China, the other Mexico, but they were both bought from the same store," Scarlett told them.

Dean cut off another piece of ham. "Hmm."

Dean held up the piece of ham. Catty, Scarlett and Sam shook their heads. Dean ate the ham.

§

Conjurarium

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked in, the bell chiming when the door opened, chiming when the door closed. They walked further into the store, looking around.

"Guys," Dean told them, picking up a whoopee cushion, holding it up, grinning.

Catty and Scarlett smirked, rolling their eyes. Sam sighed, shaking his head, turning away. Dean brought the whoopee cushion up to the checkout counter, which had a display of rubber chickens next to it.

A man walked out of the back room. "Welcome to the Conjurarium, sanctum of magic and mystery."

Sam, Scarlett and Catty walked up to the counter.

"You the owner?" Scarlett asked.

"Yep," the man answered.

"You sold any itching powder or joy buzzers lately?" Scarlett asked.

"Yeah," the owner answered. "A grand total of one of each. They aren't exactly big-ticket items. Look, you guys here to buy something or what?"

Dean pulled some cash out of his wallet, holding up the whoopee cushion, handing the owner the cash.

"So, you get many customers?" Sam asked.

"Kids come in," the owner told them. "They don't buy much, but they're more than happy to break stuff. These days, all they care about are their iPhones, and those kissing-Vampire movies. The whole thing makes me just--"

"Angry?" Catty finished.

The owner hesitated, nodding. "Yeah. Yeah, I am angry. This shop has been my life for 20 years, and now it's wasting away to nothing."

"Which is why you hate them?" Catty asked.

"I suppose," the owner answered.

"You wish there was something you could do about it?" Scarlett asked.

"Yeah, I guess I do," the owner answered.

"So you're taking revenge," Dean told him, pulling a rubber chicken off the display, slapping it down on the counter. "With this."

Dean held up the joy buzzer, pressing it to the rubber chicken, electrocuting it.

The owner leaped back. "Oh! No!"

The rubber chicken melted. The owner stared in shock, making inarticulate noises. Dean, Catty, Scarlett and Sam watched his reaction.

"Yeah, something tells me this guy is not a powerful Witch," Sam told them.

"Sorry," Catty told him. "Sorry."

Dean, Catty, Scarlett and Sam walked out of the store, leaving.

§

Night - House - Girl's Room

A little girl was sitting in bed.

A man sat next to her, holding up a baby tooth to show her. "I'll just slip this tooth under your pillow, and while you're asleep, the Tooth Fairy will float down and swap it out for a quarter."

"So some freak is gonna come in my room while I'm sleeping and take my tooth?" the girl asked. "Sounds scary. No, thank you."

"Come on," the man told her, standing, fussing with the girl's pillows. The girl laid back. The man tucked her in, kissing her on the head. "Good night, sweetie."

The man turned off the light, walking out, leaving. The girl shifted position.

§

Man's Room

The man was sleeping in bed. The girl snuck into the room, tooth in hand, hiding it under the man's pillow, sneaking out. The man shifted position. A hand covered the man's mouth. The man startled awake.

A man wearing a pink tutu and sparkly wings stood there. "Shh. Hold still. You might feel just a little... pinch."

The "Tooth Fairy" reached into the man's mouth with a pair of pliers. The man tried to scream. The "Tooth Fairy" pulled out a tooth.

§

Day Three

Morning - Hospital - Hallway

The man was lying in a hospital bed. Sam was talking to him.

Catty was talking to a nurse. "Well, I, uh, appreciate that, Nurse..." She read her name tag. "Fremont." Fremont walked away, leaving. Sam and Scarlett walked toward Catty. Catty turned to Sam and Scarlett. "What's up with Toothless? Cavity Creeps get a hold of him?"

"Yeah, close," Sam told her. "He wrote up a description." He read from his notebook. "5'10", 350 pounds, wings, and a pink tutu. Said it was the Tooth Fairy."

"So he's obviously whacked out on painkillers," Catty told them.

"Maybe," Scarlett told her. "Whatever it was got past locked doors and windows without triggering the alarm."

"Come on," Catty told them. "Tooth Fairy?"

"And it left 32 quarters underneath his pillow," Sam told her. "One for each tooth."

Dean stepped up next to them, startling them when he spoke. "Well, I will see your crazy and raise you some." Catty, Scarlett and Sam jumped slightly. Dean smirked. "There's a couple of kids upstairs with stomach ulcers. Say they got it from mixing Pop Rocks and Coke. Another guy... his face... froze that way."

"What way?" Sam asked.

Dean looked around to make sure no one was watching, pulling out the sides of his lips, crossing his eyes, letting go. "He, uh, held it too long, and it--it stuck. They're flying in a plastic surgeon."

Dean poked at his cheeks, wiggling his chin.

"So, I mean, if you add all that up..." Sam trailed off, hesitating. Catty raised her eyebrows. "I got nothing."

Sam walked down the hallway past Dean. Dean, Scarlett and Catty turned to follow him.

"I thought sea-monkeys were real," Scarlett told them.

"They are," Catty told them. "They're brine shrimp."

"No, no, no, I mean, like, in the ads," Scarlett told them. "You know, like the sea-monkey wife cooks the pot roast for the sea-monkey husband, and the sea-monkey kids play with the dog in a sea-monkey castle. Real. I mean, I was six, but I believed it."

"Okay," Dean told her awkwardly.

"Point is..." Scarlett trailed off, stopping the walk. Sam, Catty and Dean stopped, turning to face her. "Maybe that's the connection. The Tooth Fairy, the Pop Rocks and Coke, the joy buzzer that shocks you. They're all lies that kids believe."

"And now they're coming true," Sam agreed. "Okay, so whatever's doing this is--is reshaping reality. It has the powers of a God. Or..." He rolled his eyes. "Of a Trickster."

"Yeah, with the sense of humor of a nine-year-old," Scarlett told them.

"Or Dean," Sam told them, turning around, walking away, leaving.

Dean looked offended. Catty and Scarlett smirked, shaking their heads, following Sam down the hall. Dean followed them.

§

Motel Room

Dean sat at the table, taking another bite from a sandwich made with the remnants of the cooked ham. Catty was sitting on one of the beds, on her laptop. Scarlett sat on the other bed, going through books. Sam walked in, holding a map. Dean, Catty and Scarlett looked toward Sam.

Sam looked at Dean. "Dude, seriously? Still with the ham?"

Dean talked through a mouthful. "We don't have a fridge."

Sam closed the door, putting the map down in front of Dean. "Well, I found something." Catty placed her laptop aside, standing, walking closer, looking at the map. Scarlett put her books down, following. Sam pointed at a red X on the map for every incident. "Um, Tooth Fairy attack was here, Pop Rocks and Coke was here, then you've got itching powder, face freeze, and joy buzzer. All located within a two-mile radius."

Sam gestured to the area containing all the red X's.

"So, we got a blast zone of weird, and inside, fantasy becomes reality," Catty told them.

"Looks like," Scarlett agreed.

"And what's the A-bomb at its center?" Catty asked.

"Four acres of farmland... and a house," Sam answered.

Catty nodded to herself.

§

Farmhouse - Outside

A mail truck drove past the house, and past the Impala. The Impala pulled up, parking. Sam, Scarlett, Dean and Catty got out of the car, posing as FBI, walking across the street, up to the house. Catty checked her knife, which was tucked away into her inner jacket pocket. Sam leaned down to pick the lock. The door opened. Sam stood in a hurry.

A boy stood inside. "Can I help you?"

"Hi," Scarlett told him. "Uh, what's your name?"

"Who wants to know?" the boy asked.

Sam, Scarlett, Dean and Catty exchanged a look.

"The, uh..." Dean trailed off, clearing his through, pulling out his fake badge, showing it to the boy. Sam, Scarlett and Catty did the same. "FBI."

The boy took Catty's badge. "Let me see that." He examined it, handing it back to Catty. Sam and Scarlett put theis away. "So, what, you guys don't knock?"

Catty put her badge away. "Are your parents home?"

"They work," the boy told them.

"Well, you mind if we ask you a few questions, maybe take a look around the house?" Scarlett asked.

"I don't know," the boy told them.

"Come on," Dean told him. "You can trust us. We're the authorities."

Dean held up his badge again. The boy was unimpressed, looking between the four of them. Sam, Scarlett, Dean and Catty smiled reassuringly.

§

Inside - Kitchen

The boy led them into the kitchen, going up to the stove, turning it off.

Sam, Scarlett and Catty followed him further into the kitchen.

Dean stood in the doorway.

Sam looked at the pot that had been boiling on the stove. "What's that?"

"It's called soup," the boy told them, taking the pot off the stove. "You heat it up, and you eat it."

Sam chuckled. "Right. I--I know. It's just, um... I used to make my own dinner, too, when I was a kid."

"Well, I'm not a kid," the boy told them.

Catty noticed the artwork on the fridge.

"Right," Sam told him. "No, I--I know. Um..." He held his hand toward the boy. "I'm Robert, by the way."

The boy shook Sam's hand. "Jesse."

"Jesse, nice to meet you," Sam told him.

Catty stepped closer to the fridge, taking off a picture of a bearded man with pink wings and a tutu, looking at Jesse. "Did you draw this?"

Jesse nodded. "It's the Tooth Fairy."

"That's what you think the Tooth Fairy looks like, huh?" Scarlett asked.

"Yeah," Jesse answered. "My Dad told me about him."

Catty looked at Scarlett, Sam and Dean. "Huh."

"What?" Jesse asked. "Didn't your Dad tell you about the Tooth Fairy?"

"My Dad?" Catty repeated, chuckling. "My Dad told me different stories."

"Well, the Tooth Fairy isn't a story," Jesse told them.

"What do you know about itching powder, Jesse?" Scarlett asked.

"That stuff will make you scratch your brains out," Jesse told them.

"Pop Rocks and Coke?" Scarlett asked.

"You mix them, and you'll end up in the hospital," Jesse told them. "Everyone knows that." Catty pulled the joy buzzer out of her pocket, holding it up for Jesse to see. "You shouldn't have that."

"Why not?" Catty asked.

"It can electrocute you," Jesse answered.

"Actually, it can't," Catty told him. "It's just a wind-up toy. It's totally harmless. Doesn't even have batteries."

"So it can't shock you?" Jesse asked.

Catty shook her head. "Nope. Not at all. I swear."

"Oh," Jesse told her. "Okay."

"I mean, all it does is just shake in your hand," Catty told him. "It's kind of lame. See?"

Catty pressed the joy buzzer to Sam's chest, making it buzz, but nothing happened. Sam stiffened up, turning to Catty, looking murderous. Dean and Scarlett tried not to smile.

Dean smirked, looking at Jesse. "What did you say your name was, again?"

§

Outside

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked out of Jesse's house.

Dean chuckled. "Catty, what the hell?"

"I had a hunch," Catty told them. "I went with it."

"You risked my ass on a hunch?" Sam asked.

"You're fine," Catty told him. "And anyway, it's nothing that you three haven't done to me before."

"Oh, yeah?" Scarlett asked. "Name one time."

"Ghost racist truck," Catty answered. "All three of you risked my ass that night on a hunch."

Sam, Dean and Scarlett knew she was right.

Scarlett hesitated. "Well... I don't have anything to come back to with that."

"That's what I thought," Catty told them. "Besides, now we know who's turning this town into Willy Wonka's worst nightmare."

"The kid," Sam agreed, stopping the walk.

Dean, Scarlett and Catty stopped walking, turning to face Sam.

"Yeah," Dean agreed. "Everything Jesse believes comes true. He thinks the Tooth Fairy looks like Belushi, uh, joy buzzers really shock people, boom, that's what happens."

"Yeah, but convince him the joy buzzers don't actually work, and they go from killing machines back into crap toys," Sam told them.

"He probably doesn't even know he's doing it," Scarlett told them. Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty looked at the house. The curtains on an upstairs window parted. Jesse looked out at them. Scarlett smiled, waving. "How is he doing it?"

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked away.

§

Motel Room

Sam and Scarlett were sitting on the beds, both reading a book, still in their suits. Dean was sitting at the table, still in his suit.

Catty walked in, still in her suit, closing the door behind her. "So, dug up what I could on Jesse Turner. It's not much. Uh, B student, won last year's Pinewood Derby. But get this. Jesse was adopted. His birth records are sealed."

"So, you unsealed them, and?" Scarlett asked, closing her book, tossing it onto the bed she was on.

"There's no father listed, but Jesse's biological mom is named Julia Wright," Catty explained. "She lives in Elk Creek, on the other side of the state."

Sam closed his book, tossing it onto the bed.

§

Elk Creek, Ohio

Julia's House - Outside

A sign hanging on the gate of a rusty, over grown read: No Trespassing. Dean pushed the gate open, leading the way toward the house. Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked around to the front door, which had two deadbolts. Dean rung the doorbell.

A woman's voice came from the other side. "Whatever you're selling, I'm not interested."

Dean looked at Sam, Scarlett and Catty. "We're not salesmen. Agents Page, Bonham, Plant and Jones, FBI."

Dean, Sam, Scarlett and Catty pulled out their badges, holding them up to the peephole.

"Put your badges in the slot," the woman told them.

Dean put their badges into the slot. The woman hesitated, unlocking the door, opening it, handing them their badges.

"Julia Wright?" Scarlett asked.

The woman barely nodded. "What do you want?"

"Um..." Sam trailed off. They put their badges away. "We just had a few questions. About your son."

"I don't have a son," Julia told them.

"He was born March 29, 1998, in Omaha," Catty told her. Julia looked up expressionlessly. "You put him up for adoption."

"What about him?" Julia asked.

"We were just wondering, um, was it..." Sam trailed off. "Was it a normal pregnancy?"

Julia didn't answer.

"Was there anything strange?" Scarlett asked.

Julia slammed the door closed. "Stay away from me!"

"Mrs. Wright, wait!" Dean told her, pushing the door open.

They followed Julia inside.

§

Inside - Kitchen

Julia ran to the kitchen, closing the door.

Dean pushed the door open. "We just want to talk."

Julia grabbed a canister of table salt, wrenching it open, tossing the contents on Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty, but nothing happened. She looked at them in shock. "You're not Demons?"

Scarlett barely shook her head. "How do you know about Demons?"

§

Living Room

Julia sat at the table with a cup of tea, setting the cup on a saucer, crossing her arms over her chest. "I was possessed. A Demon took control of my body, and I hurt people. I killed people."

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty sat across from Julia.

"That--that wasn't you," Catty told her.

"But I was there," Julia told them. "I heard a woman beg for mercy. I... felt a young girl's blood drip down my hands."

"That's how you knew about the salt," Dean realized.

"Yeah," Julia answered. "I picked up tricks. It was in my head for months."

"How many months?" Scarlett asked.

"Nine," Julia answered.

"So, your son..." Sam trailed off.

"Yeah, the whole time," Julia answered. "The pregnancy, birth, all of it. I was possessed."

§

Flashback

Julia's House - Basement

Julia/Demon was heavily pregnant, lying on the floor, screaming.

Julia: (voice over) "The night the baby was born, I was alone."

§

Now

Julia's House - Living Room

Julia looked at Dean, Sam Scarlett and Catty. "And the pain was--the pain was overwhelming."

§

Flashback

Julia's House - Basement

Julia/Demon was screaming, laughing.

Julia: (voice over) "I--I screamed, and it came out a laugh, because the Demon was happy."

§

Now

Julia's House - Living Room

Julia looked tormented. "It used my body to give birth to a child."

§

Flashback

Julia's House - Basement

Julia/Demon groaned in pain, clawing at the floor.

§

Now

Julia's House - Living Room

Julia shook her head barely in confusion. "When it was over, something changed. Maybe the--the Demon was tired or if the pain helped me fight it, but..."

§

Flashback

Julia's House - Basement

Julia/Demon's eyes were black. She groaned in pain, screaming. The black faded into nothing. Julia took control, lying back, exhausted, in pain.

Julia: (voice over) "Somehow, I took control."

§

Now

Julia's House - Living Room

Julia closed her eyes. "And the Demon wailed inside me. It pounded against my skull. I thought my head was gonna explode. But I knew. I knew what I had to do."

§

Flashback

Julia's House - Basement

Julia grabbed fistfuls out of a bag of road salt, pouring it down her mouth, swallowing. The Demon smoke was forced out of her body, making her scream. The smoke disappeared up the stairs, leaving. Julia leaned against the wall, exhausted.

Julia: (voice over) "And when I was alone with the baby..."

Julia could hear Baby Jesse crying, looking toward where the noise came from.

Julia: (voice over) "A part of me... part of me wanted to kill it."

§

Now

Julia's House - Living Room

Julia looked at Dean, Sam, Scarlett and Catty. "But, God help me, I couldn't do that. So, I put it up for adoption, and I ran."

"Who was the father?" Dean asked.

"I was a virgin," Julia told them. Dean, Sam, Scarlett and Catty exchanged a look. "Have you seen my son? Is he Human?"

"His name's Jesse," Catty told her. "He lives in, uh, Alliance. He's a good kid."

Julia nodded. Catty seemed thoughtful.

§

Outside

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked outside.

"So, now what?" Sam asked.

Scarlett shrugged. "We need help."

§

Alliance, Ohio

Night - Motel Room

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked in. Castiel and Angelos were waiting for them.

"I take it you got our message," Catty told them, sitting at the table.

Dean closed the door.

"It's lucky you found the boy," Angelos told them.

"Oh, yeah, real lucky," Dean told them. "What do we do with him?"

"Kill him," Castiel told them.

Sam paused in the middle of loosening his tie. Dean, Sam, Scarlett and Catty looked at Castiel in confusion, realizing he was being completely serious.

"Cas," Catty told him.

The four siblings looked from Castiel to Angelos.

"Los?" Scarlett asked.

"This child is half Demon and half Human, but it's far more powerful than either," Angelos told them. "Other cultures call this hybrid Cambion or Katako. You know him as the Anti-Christ."

Castiel sat at the table across from Catty, unaware he sat on the whoopee cushion Dean had put there, the cushion creating fart noises. He shifted position, only to make it worse. Dean raised his eyebrows.

Castiel was confused. "That wasn't me."

Castiel pulled out the whoopee cushion.

Dean smiled awkwardly. "Who put that there?"

"Anyway, I don't get it," Sam told them. "Jesse is the Devil's son?"

Angelos sighed. "No, of course not. Your Bible gets more wrong than it does right. The Anti-Christ is not Lucifer's child. It's just Demon spawn. But it is one of the Devil's greatest weapons in the war against Heaven. There are many legacy and prophecy children, Hybrids such as Jesse. Some are very good. Some are very evil. Some could go either or. Depends on how the Hybrid is raised and by who. The Cambion is not one for good."

"Well, if Jesse's a Demonic howitzer, then what the hell's he doing in Nebraska?" Scarlett asked.

"The Demons lost him," Castiel answered. "They can't find him. But they're looking."

"And they lost him because..." Catty trailed off.

"Because of the child's power," Castiel answered. "It hides him from both Angels and Demons. For now."

"So, he's got, like, a force field around him," Catty told them. "Well, that's great. Problem solved."

"With Lucifer risen, this child grows strong," Castiel told them. "Soon, he will do more than just make a few toys come to life. Something that will draw the Demons to him. The Demons will find this child. Lucifer will twist this boy to his purpose. And then, with a word, this child will destroy the Host of Heaven."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa," Dean told them. "Wait. You're saying that--that Jesse's gonna nuke the Angels?"

"We cannot allow that to happen," Angelos told them.

"Wait," Scarlett told them. "We're the good guys. We--we don't just--kill children."

"A year ago, you would have done whatever it took to win this war, Scar," Angelos told her.

"Things change, Los," Scarlett replied.

Catty stood, putting a hand on Scarlett's shoulder. "Okay. Hey, look, we are not going to kill him. All right? But we can't leave Jesse here either. We know that. So... we take him to Ness and Bobby's. They'll know what to do."

"You'll kidnap him?" Castiel asked. "What is going on in this town, it's what happens when this thing is happy. You cannot imagine what it will do if it's angry. Besides, how will you hold him? With a thought, he could be halfway around the world."

"So we--" Catty started.

"So we tell him the truth," Sam told them. He looked at Castiel and Angelos. "You say Jesse's destined to go dark side. Fine. But he hasn't yet. And you also said that these prophecy or legacy children or whatever can be good or evil. So if we lay it all out for him--what he is, the Apocalypse, everything--he might make the right choice."

Castiel looked at Sam and Scarlett. "You didn't. Los and I can't take that chance."

Sam and Scarlett glared at Castiel. Scarlett and Angelos exchanged a look, both seeming sad. Angelos and Castiel disappeared.

Scarlett sighed. "Damn it."

§

Elk Creek, Nebraska

Julia's House - Outside

Julia walked up to her front door, unlocking each of the locks. A mailman walked up behind her.

Julia turned around, gasping, startled. "Oh. Sorry. I'm sorry."

"It's--it's no worries," the mailman told her. "You okay?"

Julia nodded. "Yeah. It's just today, a little... shaky."

"Ah," the mailman told her. "Well, talking to the Winchesters will do that to you." Julia began to become alarmed. The mailman stepped closer, pushing Julia against the door. "Don't you recognize me, sweetheart?" His eyes turned completely, Demon black. The Demon possessing him was presumably the same Demon that once possessed Julia. "We had some great times together, didn't we? And then you stole something from us, hid it away. That was very, very naughty of you. So we watched, and we waited. And now... they told you where he is, didn't they? I think it's time we go and visit our son."

The Demon held Julia's mouth open. Black smoke poured out of the mailman's mouth into Julia's. The mailman fell to the porch floor. Julia's eyes turned completely, Demon black. She smirked, walking forward.

§

Alliance, Ohio

Jesse's House - Living Room

Jesse got a cup of water from a five-gallon jug. Castiel and Angelos appeared. Jesse backed away, dropping the glass, making it shatter on the floor.

"Don't be afraid," Angelso told him. "We won't hurt you."

Castiel walked closer, Catty's Knife held behind his back.

Jesse continued to back away. "Mom! Dad!"

"Your mother and father are sleeping," Castiel told him. "I assure you, they won't wake until morning." Jesse breathed heavily, scared. "We're sorry."

Castiel raised Catty's Knife. Angelos stepped closer.

§

Later

The door was kicked in by Catty. She ran inside. Scarlett, Sam and Dean followed. Jesse looked at Catty, Scarlett, Sam and Dean.

"Were there two guys here?" Scarlett asked. "One in a trench coat, another in a leather jacket?"

Jesse pointed at the floor. There was an action figure wearing Castiel's suit and trench coat and holding Catty's Knife. Another next to it was a mini figurine of Angelos. Catty and Scarlett knelt to the floor, picking Action Figure Castiel and Action Figure Angelos up, looking at Sam and Dean in shock, looking at Jesse.

§

Catty and Scarlett set Action Figure Castiel and Action Figure Angelos on the mantelpiece carefully. Jesse was sitting on the couch. Sam and Dean were sitting in chairs across the table from each other.

"Were they your friends?" Jesse asked.

"Them?" Dean asked. "No."

"I did that," Jesse told them. "But how did I do that?"

"You're a superhero," Dean told him.

"I am?" Jesse asked.

Dean nodded. "Yeah. Yeah. I mean, who else could turn someone into a toy? You're Superman, minus the cape and the go-go boots. See, my--my partners and I, we work for a secret government agency. It's our job to find kids with special powers. In fact, we're here to take you to a hidden base in South Dakota, where you'll be trained to fight evil."

"Like the 'X-Men'?" Jesse asked.

Dean raised his arms in a shrug. "Exactly like the 'X-Men'." He chuckled. "In fact, the, uh, guy we're taking you to, Bobby, he's even in a wheelchair. Got a daughter, Ness, that can help you. You'll be a hero. You'll save lives. You'll get the girl. Sounds like fun, right?"

Magically, Catty and Scarlett were thrown against the wall, pinned.

Julia/Demon walked in. "They're lying to you." Sam and Dean stood. Julia/Demon used magic to push them against the wall on either side of Catty and Scarlett, pinning them there. Jesse stood in shock. Julia/Demon looked at Sam. "Stay right there, dreamboat. Can't hurt Sam. Orders." She looked at Dean, Scarlett and Catty. "You three, on the other hand? They don't care if I hurt Dean and Scarlett. Hurting Catty's encouraged."

Julia/Demon used magic to slam Catty against the opposite wall, slamming her back against the wall between Sam and Scarlett, making her groan in pain.

"Leave her alone!" Jesse told her.

Julia/Demon knelt next to Jesse, speaking sweetly. "Jesse. You're beautiful. You have your father's eyes."

"Who are you?" Jesse asked.

"I'm your mother," Julia/Demon answered.

"No, you're not," Jesse told her.

"Mm-hmm," Julia/Demon told him. "You're half Human... half one of us."

"She means Demons, Jesse," Catty told him.

Julia/Demon stood, holding up a hand, clenched into a fist. Catty was suddenly in pain, groaning, gasping.

Julia/Demon knelt next to Jesse. "Those people you call your parents, they lied to you, too. You're not theirs, not really."

"My Mom and Dad love me," Jesse told her.

"Do they?" Julia/Demon asked. "Is--is that why they leave you alone all day? Because they love you so much? These people--these impostors--they told you that the Tooth Fairy was real and that your toys could hurt you and a hundred other things that aren't true. They love you so much, they made your whole life a lie. Look into your heart, Jesse. You've always known you weren't theirs. You've always known you were different. Everyone has lied to you." She looked at Sam, Catty, Scarlett and Dean. "They're not FBI Agents." She looked at Jesse. "And you're not a superhero."

"Then what am I?" Jesse asked.

"You're powerful," Julia/Demon told him. "You can have anything you want. You can do anything you want."

"Don't listen to her, Jesse!" Catty told him.

Julia/Demon held a hand toward Catty, causing her the same pain as before, making her groan. She looked at Jesse. "They treated you like a child. Nobody trusted you. Everybody's lied to you. Doesn't that make you angry?" Jesse clenched his fist. The room rattled. Julia/Demon looked up, exultant. The fire flared up. The lights flickered. "See? It does make you angry. But I'm telling you the truth, Jesse." Things began to shatter. "Wouldn't it be better if there were no lies? Come with me, and you can wash it all clean. Start over. Imagine that. A world without lies."

"She's right," Sam told her. "We lied to you." Julia/Demon looked at Sam, eyes completely black. "But I'll tell you the truth." Julia/Demon raised a fist, making something crunch. Sam tried to speak through the pressure on his throat. "I just want... to tell..."

Jesse looked at Julia/Demon. "Stop it." Julia/Demon was forced to let Sam go. Sam fell to the floor, released, gasping for breath. "I want to hear what he has to say."

"You're stronger than I thought," Julia/Demon told him.

Sam stood. "We lied to you. And I'm sorry. So here's the truth. I'm Sam Winchester. That's my brother, Dean, and my sisters, Catty and Scarlett. W--we hunt monsters."

"Except when you and Scarlett are the monsters," Julia/Demon told him. "Right, Sammy?"

Sam ignored her, looking at Jesse. "And that woman right there, her name is Julia. She's your mother. But the thing inside of her, the thing that you're talking to, it's a Demon."

"A Demon?" Jesse repeated.

"He's done nothing but lie to you since the moment you met him," Julia/Demon told him. "Don't listen to him. Punish him."

"Sit down and shut up," Jesse told her.

A chair slid up behind Julia/Demon. She was forced to sit down, silent, struggling to speak.

Scarlett looked at Jesse. "There's, uh, kind of a... a war between Angels and Demons, and... you're a part of it."

"I'm just a kid," Jesse told them.

"You can go with her if you want," Scarlett told him. "We can't stop you. No one can. But if you do... millions of people will die."

"She said I was half Demon," Jesse told them. "Is that true?"

"Yes," Scarlett answered. "But you're half Human, too. You can do the right thing. You've got choices, Jesse. But if you make the wrong ones, it'll haunt you for the rest of your life."

"Why are you telling me this?" Jesse asked desperately.

"Because I have to believe someone can make the right choice, even if Sam and I couldn't," Scarlett answered.

Jesse considered this. He clenched his fist, looking at Julia/Demon. "Get out of her."

The chair was thrown back against the wall. Black smoke poured out of Julia's mouth, disappearing up the chimney. Dean, Scarlett and Catty fell to the floor, breathing heavily in pain.

Dean looked at Jesse. "How did you do that?"

"I just did," Jesse answered.

Catty smiled a small smile. "Kid... you're awesome."

Jesse looked up at them.

§

Jesse looked at Julia in the chair. "Is she gonna be all right?"

Catty looked at Julia. "Eventually." She knelt to the floor to pick up Action Figure Castiel that fell from the fight. Scarlett picked up Action Figure Angelos. "Look, uh, truth is, they're kind of friends of ours. Is there any way you could turn them back?"

"They tried to kill me," Jesse told her.

"Right," Catty told him. "Uh... But they're--they're good guys. They were just confused." Jesse didn't respond. "Okay. It's been a long night. We'll... talk about it later."

Catty and Scarlett put Action Figure Castiel and Action Figure Angelos back on the mantel carefully.

"What now?" Jesse asked.

Dean looked at Scarlett, Sam and Catty. "Now we take you someplace safe, get you trained up. You'd be handy in a fight, kid."

"What if I don't want to fight?" Jesse asked.

Sam stepped toward him. "Jesse." He knelt in front of Jesse. "You're powerful. More powerful than... pretty much anything we've ever seen. That makes you--"

"A freak?" Jesse finished.

"To some people, maybe," Scarlett answered. "But not to us. See, we're kind of freaks ourselves."

"I can't stay here, can I?" Jesse asked.

"No," Scarlett answered. "The Demons know where you are, and more will be coming."

"I won't go without my Mom and Dad," Jesse told them.

"There's nothing more important than family," Sam told him. "We get that. And if you really want to take them with you, we'll back your play. But you got to understand. It's gonna be dangerous for them, too."

"What do you mean?" Jesse asked.

"Our Dad..." Catty trailed off. "He would take us with him wherever he went."

"Where is he now?" Jesse asked.

"Dead," Catty answered, kneeling next to Jesse. "A Demon killed him."

Dean stepped closer. "Look, Jesse... once you're in this fight... You're in it till the end, win or lose."

"What should I do?" Jesse asked.

"We can't tell you," Catty told him. "It's your choice. It's not fair. I know."

"Can I go see my parents?" Jesse asked. "I--I need to... say goodbye."

Catty nodded sadly. "Sure."

Jesse stood, walking toward the stairs, going upstairs to say goodbye.

§

Jesse's Parents' Room

Jesse peeked into the room, seeing his parents asleep in bed. He looked at them for a moment, closing the door.

§

Jesse's Room

Jesse fell back onto his bed. He sat up, looking at a poster on his wall. The poster showed a surfer riding waves. It said: Australia

§

Living Room

Sam examined Action Figure Castiel and Action Figure Angelos, putting them back on the mantel without any care at all.

Dean looked between them. "He's been up there a long time."

§

Jesse's Room

Catty, Dean, Scarlett and Sam walked in. It was empty.

They heard Castiel behind them. "He's gone."

Catty, Dean, Scarlett and Sam turned to face Castiel and Angelos.

"Where?" Scarlett asked.

"I don't know," Angelos told them. "Jesse put everyone in town back to normal. The ones still alive. Then he vanished."

Catty noticed a note on Jesse's bed, picking it up. "Hey."

"What does it say?" Dean asked.

"That he had to leave to keep his parents safe, that he loves them, and he's sorry," Catty answered.

"How do we find him?" Dean asked.

"With the boy's powers, we can't," Castiel told them. "Not unless he wants to be found."

§

On the Road

The Impala drove down the road.

§

The Impala

Dean was driving. Sam was in the passenger seat. Catty and Scarlett were in the backseat.

"You think Jesse's gonna be okay?" Scarlett asked.

Sam took a deep breath. "I hope so."

"You know, we destroyed that kid's life by telling him the truth," Catty told them.

"We didn't have a choice, Catty," Dean told her.

Catty sighed. "Yeah. You know, I'm starting to get why parents lie to their kids. You want them to believe that the worst thing out there is mixing Pop Rocks and Coke. Protect them from the real evil. You want them going to bed feeling safe. If that means lying to them, so be it. The more I think about it... the more I wish Dad had lied to us."

"Yeah, me, too," Sam told them.

Dean nodded. "So do I."

"Same here," Scarlett agreed.

Sam, Catty, Scarlett and Dean looked at each other sadly for a moment, looking out to the road ahead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 5.1K 27
Emma thought she was just some normal girl with a mother who didn't care about her feelings. She was used to moving around not staying in one place f...
5.5K 277 23
Catty, Scarlett and Dean Winchester and Ness Singer have been out of the life for a year now. Catty had gone to her old flame, Brett Blake, up in New...
24.8K 551 26
The revelation of Castiel being controlled and manipulated into such things has shattered everyone involved. Sam, Dean and Catty Winchester. Ness and...
793K 17K 115
Book 1 " Everybody has gone through something that has changed them in a way that they could never go back to the person they were once before." Elen...