irresistible | kth

By taettooedheart

in which a girl tries her hardest to escape the bad boy spell, ... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five

seventeen

3K 151 108
By taettooedheart

i took a few steps back, crossing my arms over my chest. he had probably tricked me into letting him in, and i had gone along with it anyway. but now that he was inside, i wouldn't lose anything in hearing him out. at least i thought i wouldn't.

i didn't owe him anything and he knew it, which is why this could play to my advantage. "fine. you have one minute."

"one minute? c'mon," he whined.

"fifty seconds now," i tapped my foot against the floor, growing impatient by the second. the more time he stood there looking like a god, the higher the chances of me forgiving him. and i definitely didn't want that.

"i just wanted to say... i'm sorry," he sighed, looking away for a second before looking back at me. "which is a whole lot more than i usually do. maybe my approach to you should've been different. i guess i just didn't want this... friendship we had to become something that would hurt losing."

my face softened slightly. he was clearly afraid of getting hurt, which was why not many people knew a lot about him or who he was, really.

"what i mean is, anastasia, you were the first person in this town who i didn't completely hate. you didn't judge me every time i talked to you. sure, you were a bit violent at times, and a bit too sassy for your own good, but there has always been something about you that has made me want to keep talking to you."

i was about to say how, for some unknown reason, i felt the same way, and he lifted up his hand, signaling for me to wait. "i'm not used to this. i'm not used to friends. all i've ever been used to with girls has been hitting it and quitting it right after. so, of course i would mess up. i hate to admit it, but the thought of that namjoon kid just taking you away..." he took a deep breath, shaking his head.

"i thought you just wouldn't have time for me anymore. which is why i did what i did. and i'm sorry. i know you didn't deserve it. and i screwed it up even more by doing the one thing i shouldn't have, which was kissing you, because deep inside me i knew it would push you away," he closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them back up. "for all of that, anastasia, i'm sorry. forgive me?"

i took a deep breath as he stood in front of me, looking like he had just came out of a goddamn movie. i wondered if anyone could ever say no to him, if it was even humanly possible. how could someone say no to those eyes?

"on one condition," i finally spoke after a few moments.

"anything."

"next time you feel something like that you need to promise to just tell me," he tried to object, but i continued speaking anyway. "that's the only way a friendship or anything like that can work out. it's if we're honest with each other."

he ran his hand through his hair, tugging at the ends slightly. i watched as he slowly lifted his hand, showing me his pinky finger. i held on to it with my own. "fine, i promise."

i let go of his hand and cracked a small smile. how could anyone resist him, really?

"oh, what's that?" he pointed towards the kitchen isle, where my noodles were. i had tottally forgotten about them, and they were probably cold by now.

"my noodles--" just as i spoke the word, he rushed over to them and grabbed the chopsticks, quickly eating some. "hey!"

i ran after him as he held my noodles hostage. he would stop and taunt me by eating some more, and i would try to reach out to him. every time i did though, he managed to escape.

"that's my dinner you freak," i yelled, almost throwing myself on him. you don't mess with anastasia tanner's food.

"have you turned into the food monster or what?" he mocked me, and i crossed my arms over my chest.

"you know what? i don't wanna be friends anymore."

"yes you do."

"no i don't."

"come here, i'll feed you," he motioned for me to come closer. i raised my eyebrow, shaking my head.

"you're not going to trick me with that one," i put my hands on my hips. "now give it back."

"i mean it c'mon," this time, he took a few steps towards me. i eyed him curiously as he touched some noodles to my lips. i took a bite, but before i could take the second, he ate them.

"i knew it!" i tried reaching for the noodles again, and he just patted my head.

"there there, shorty," the smile on his face said it all, he was enjoying this like never before. i huffed and finally gave up, deciding on making a second portion of instant noodles.

taehyung sat on a stool while he watched me prepare the noodles. suddenly, he must've momentarily felt bad, because his head turned to me and he offered me a small smile. "do you want some help?"

"why? so you can steal them again?" i scoffed, pretending to be really offended. it wasn't even that deep, so of course i wouldn't take it to heart, but he seemingly thought i did.

"stasia," he stood up and walked towards me, wrapping his arms around me from behind. "i'm sowwy," he spoke in a baby voice. my whole body felt a shock of electricity as soon as he touched me.

"yah, yah, quit doing that," i put my hand over one of his, trying to get him to let go. he only grabbed on to me tighter, making my heart speed up.

"doing what?" he spoke, trying to sound innocent.

"trying to use your charm on me, it's not working," i lied.

"yes it is, your heart is speeding up and you're blushing," i wasn't even looking at him and i already knew he was smirking. i swatted his arm.

"that's only because you're too close and i don't like it," and because you're too handsome and i definitely love it.

"fine," he let go of me and i could finally breathe normally.

i finished preparing the noodles and sat in front of him as we ate in silence. i would glance at him every now and then, and sometimes our eyes would lock. there was something in the air between us, possibly something that remained unsolved.

just as i was finishing my noodles, i remembered i still had his hoodie and headband. "i still have your things, let me go get them."

i quickly excused myself to go upstairs, walking towards my room and walking towards my closet. i grabbed his headband from one of the drawers, and then searched for his hoodie. when i finally found it, i wished i hadn't reminded him that i had it.

holding on to it, i inhaled the scent of his own perfume that was still in the hoodie. it almost still felt as warm as he did, that afternoon in the locker room. i blushed as i remembered the time when we almost kissed, and then the time we did kiss and it had been a disaster.

when i turned around to walk back downstairs, i was surprised to see him right by the door.

"what are you doing here?" i asked. "i could've just brought these downstairs."

"yeah i just... wanted to see your room," he chuckled, walking further inside. i wondered if he had seen me holding on to his things.

his attention, however, shifted to something else. "did you paint that?" he pointed to one of my paintings.

i blushed even deeper. "yes, i did."

if taehyung was an emoji in that moment, he would've been the heart eyes one. he inspected the painting, which was one i had painted in new york roughly a year ago. "you're very talented."

his voice was laced with admiration, which made my heart flutter. that was, in my opinion, one of the best compliments i could receive.

"and now you know one of my many secrets," i spoke as i sat on the bed, watching as he moved from one painting to the other.

"and you're currently painting this?" he pointed to the half white canvas that stood on my easel. i nodded.

"yes, i wanted to add the seoul sunset to my collection," he turned to look at me, his eyes watching me. for the first time, he wasn't only looking, he was actually seeing me.

he sat down next to me, leaning back on my bed. on any other occasion, i would've yelled at him to move and go away. however, this time, i simply laid down next to him, setting his clothes i had been holding on the nightstand.

"i like singing," he spoke softly.

i turned my body so i was facing him. "singing?"

"yeah," he played with his own fingers as i watched his expression. "i've always liked it since i was a kid. my mom and dad weren't really supportive though, you know, it's not something i can make a future out of or anything. so i never truly invested in it. but my shower loves it when i do sing," he chuckled.

i let out a small giggle. "well, i'd like to be your audience sometime, too."

"in the shower?" he wiggled his eyebrows. i smacked his chest playfully.

"you know what i meant," i rolled my eyes. i was starting to feel tired, so i let out a small yawn.

"are you tired? do you want me to leave?" he quickly spoke.

i internally debated that question. if i wanted him to leave? of course not. should he leave? definitely. being this close to him wasn't doing me any good.

"remember how i told you that when you were high you basically forced me to stay with you until you fell asleep?"

"yes," he chuckled.

"well, i'm going to do the same to you. i've never been alone at night in this house and so i wouldn't be able to sleep while my mom didn't get home, which won't be for a few hours," i explained. although that was the truth, that wasn't the only reason i would want him around. "so now, i'm calling the favor back and asking you to sing me to sleep."

i could see a slight blush on his cheeks. "what? no. i'll stay with you, but no singing."

"why not?" i pouted.

"because, what if i'm a very bad singer and it doesn't help you sleep at all?" he frowned.

"then i'll tell you to shut up," i shrugged.

"and break my heart like that?" he fake gasped.

"my sleep is more important," i smiled cheesily. he couldn't help but to smile back. "but i highly doubt you're bad."

"it's your ears anyway," he shrugged. i looked at him, my gaze urging him to go on. "fine."

i pulled the covers over us and rested my head on my pillow. i closed my eyes, waiting.

when he started singing, i nearly melted on the spot. i was expecting him to be good, considering i knew what his talking voice sounded like, but i wasn't expecting him to be that good. i opened my eyes back up, shushing him.

"what the... taehyung," i breathed out his name and smacked his chest again.

"what? am i that bad?" he frowned.

"no, you're that good," i huffed and closed my eyes again. "if you get any more attractive i might sue you."

the last few words escaped my mouth before i could hold them back. instead, i lifted my finger to even stop him from replying to that. "anyway, continue please."

he chuckled and started the song all over. he was singing someone like you by adele, and all i could think about was how much trouble i was in. i was crushing on this guy, so, so bad.

and so i drifted off to sleep, and in that night, i dreamt of him one more time.

***

author's note:

here's part two of yesterday's chapter! a full on cutesy stae chapter.

also, how tf is she so lucky to have him sing to her like that. hmpf, i wish.

tysm for the love you've been showing this book! we're over 400 reads in two weeks which is mind blowing! love you so very much x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.5K 44
In which Jin accidentally spills coffee on a girl he shouldn't have.
6.3K 472 20
|Completed| A story about how a bad boy, who's always getting into trouble falls in love with one of the most unlikely people. This new love helps hi...
27K 782 51
In where Taehyung, a what seems like a normal boy, slowly realizes what true love is once him and Yoongi make an encounter But of course, problems be...
318K 4.1K 17
This will contain Smut and trigger warnings, requests are open! BTS scenarios are sperate and all members will be used. I mean no disrespect to any o...