Cheating Destiny

By mangosherbert01

When the dust from the Great War settles, the worlds are finally at peace. But what happens if everything is... More

Sora (The Beginning)
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Riku
Leon
Zack Fair
Cloud Strife
Axel
Roxas
Reno Sinclair
Genesis Rhapsodos
Chapter One: Vanitas
Prophetic
Taking A Chance
Becoming A Hero
Wanted
Midgar
Third Class
Fire
Breaking Down
What We're Fighting For
The Return Of Boris
Flying Solo
Inside Source
War
The Truth
Fire and Ice
School Days
Naminé
Follow Your Heart
The Door
Reunion
You've Got A Friend In Me
Cave of Wonders
Growing Darkness
Opposites Attract
Reset Button
Banora
Gongaga
A Sense of Comfort (Part I)
A Sense Of Comfort (Part II)
Teamwork
Ven
We All Have A Part To Play
Escalation
Crisis Control
Deep Jungle [Noctis]
Port Royal [Zack]
Halloween Town [Axel]
Traverse Town [Sora]
Wonderland [Cloud]
Hollow Bastion [Genesis]
Agrabah [Leon]
Atlantica [Reno]
Enchanted Dominion [Riku]
Twilight Town [Roxas]
Neverland [Vanitas]
Castle of Dreams [Ven]
Hush-Hush
Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid
A Day In The Life
Fade to Black
13:7
Balance
Haunted
Liberated
Capricious
Back to Basics
A New Normal
Falling
A Deep Breath, And Then...
Run
Facing Fate
Back To Where It All Began
When Two Become One
Fight For Your Life
Retribution
Rest and Rehabilitation
What Lies Ahead
Disney Town
The Final Chapter
So This Is Love
The End
Riku's Ending
Cloud's Ending
Leon's Ending
Genesis' Ending
Noctis' Ending
Reno's Ending
Zack's Ending
Axel's Ending
Roxas' Ending
Ven's Ending
Vanitas' Ending

Sora's Ending

1.1K 45 35
By mangosherbert01

Sora's Song: Starlight by Starset

"So say the word and I'll be running back to find you

A thousand armies won't stop me I'll break through

I'll soar the endless skies for only one sight

Of your starlight"

[♥]

TWO YEARS LATER

For almost a year, you and Sora lived in the Land of Departure. Everyone did. It was a safe place, filled only with your friends, and offered an escape from the real world and all of its turmoil. Peace reigned in all the worlds, and everyone worked together to rebuild while your group rested and healed.

Then, almost one year later, you and Sora left to go back to Destiny Islands. You offered to stay behind and give him time to reunite alone with his parents, but he refused, not wanting to let you out of his sight. You felt the same way – the aftermath of everything you've both been through made it hard to be apart, you suppose.

But after everything you went through, life on an island was boring. Riku only lasted about a week before he took off on another adventure, this time without a desire to see other worlds. He just wanted something to do besides sitting around living a "normal" life. Because at this point, none of you can be "normal." You're all the definition of abnormal, all now living with various skeletons tucked away in your closets.

So, that's what you did. You lived in Agrabah, and the Land of Dragons, Neverland, even Wonderland, before you made it back to the Land of Departure. There was something comforting about being amongst others from your group, and most had stayed behind. Aqua, Terra, and Ven decided to continue the legacy of their Master, Eraqus, and start training young Keybearers. More and more kids came once word got out, and now a genuine school is being run by the three with all types of gifted children.

And what better place could you and Sora find, then a place that trains those to fight? After all, just because this war is over, doesn't mean peace will last forever.

Sora has his own group of kids he trains in Keyblade wielding, and they all love him. He's the ultimate hero in their eyes, the boy who saved the worlds more than once. You, meanwhile, assist Aqua in teaching the children and teenagers magic. Some are talented with magic, most aren't, but they all seem to enjoy your lessons. As do you. After having so many blessings in life, you're happy to give something back.

"What are you thinking about?"

Sora's voice pulls you from your thoughts, and you glance up at the mirror to see him approaching you as you stand at the sink in your bathroom. The two of you live together in the large castle in the Land of Departure, and every day you wake up with a smile knowing he's right there beside you.

"Nothing. Just the ride we've been on the past couple years," you reply, giving yourself one last look in the mirror before you turn to face him. "Ready to go?"

"Waiting on you," he replies, stepping aside to allow you to walk out ahead of him.

"As always," you laugh, stepping out of the bathroom and grabbing a jacket before you wrench open the door leading into the hall. "I just wanted to make sure I look good today."

"Why?" he asks, following after you.

"Because! It's the first time anyone's going to see this," you remind him as you hold out your left hand.

Sitting on your fourth finger is a glittering ring, sparkling in the lights from the ceiling as you two walk down the long hallway. You glance up, meeting Sora's smiling face with a grin of your own. Last night, on the four year anniversary of your first kiss, he took you out to dinner at a little café in Destiny Islands – where you had your first real date years ago. In the middle of dessert he finally blurted out, loudly, "Can I ask you a question?"

Taken aback, of course you said sure. And that's when he rather awkwardly got down on one knee, thrust a mahogany box in your face which is open to reveal a shimmering diamond ring. It's small, with a classic shape and a plain, silver band. After a few minutes of crying and sniffling like a baby, you said the only answer you'd ever consider giving: Yes.

You're still on cloud nine this morning, hardly able to believe your luck and the insane journey you've been on. Never in a million years did you think this would be your life, and that you'd love it this much. But it is, and you do.

"That does look good on you," Sora comments, reaching his hand out and grabbing yours as he laces your fingers together. "There's also one other thing we need to discuss."

"Really? What?" you ask with a tilt of your head.

"Where we're gonna live! We can't stay in this castle forever, with everyone nosying around all the time. It's time to move on, don't you think?"

Honestly, it's been hard. It's hard to move on from everything you've been through, especially so narrowly escaping death more than once. It would be a lie to say the nightmares have fully stopped, or that life is completely easy. There's still struggles, and you definitely rely on your friends more than you arguably should. But, at the end of the day, there's always someone who's been by your side more than anyone else. And he's right. It is time to grow some independence and start the life you fought so hard to live.

"Okay," you agree with a wide smile, squeezing his hand in enthusiasm. "Let's do it."

"Cool, because Riku already found a little place just at the base of the hill here," Sora tells you with a matching grin. "I figured we could check it out this week, maybe put in an offer."

"Wait, a house? As in, ours?" you press.

"Whose else would it be?" Sora questions with a laugh.

You continue to grin, pulling him towards you as you force the two of you to come to a stop and wrap your spare arm around your neck, dragging him into a hug. Your face burrows into his neck as his arm wraps around your waist, holding you against him.

"I love you," you mumble into his skin.

He chuckles, sending your heart on fire.

"I love you, too," he replies, pressing his lips to the top of your head.

"Ugh, get a room," you hear Xion complain as she walks past the two of you.

You glance up to shoot the dark-haired girl a glare, but she's already almost halfway down the hall.

"Also," she adds, turning around to face the two of you as she walks backwards, a playful smirk on her face. "Nice ring."

"Wh – hey, don't tell anyone!" you call out in a panic.

"Too late, everyone already knows," she replies, giving Sora a knowing glance before she turns around once again and darts down the hallway to the right, leading to the entrance.

You look up at Sora, who's now awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"You told everyone, didn't you?" you ask him.

"I couldn't help myself!" he snaps with a groan. "I was just... excited, and looking for advice, and... yeah, they all know."

You can't help but smile as you stare at the flustered brunet. He's adorable when he's anxious.

"That's sweet," you finally tell him, wrapping your arms around his waist as you lean in close to him.

"Is it?" he asks, hesitantly resting his hands on your shoulders.

"Of course," you laugh, lifting yourself up so that you can give him a quick kiss on the lips. "Everything about you is sweet."

"Learned from the best," he compliments, bowing down to peck the tip of your nose before he swoops down and presses his lips against yours.

Right there in that hallway, you fall in love all over again. The journey's been exhausting and dangerous, but you finally got your happy ending.

And you've never looked back.

[♥]

YES THESE EPILOGUES TOOK FOREVER TO COME OUT.

But I had such bad writers block you guys. Then I had to re-read the series to get back in the mindset of writing for it.

I'm gonna aim to update every 1-3 days from now on for these <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258 11 12
The light will shine and lead Roxas to his right path. Even if he has forgotten this light, it will always be with him. Even if in the end he is sepa...
8K 326 17
In a sleepy town, five young women are murdered. The investigation takes the town's inhabitants to a dark world revolving around four mysterious newc...
135K 4.7K 52
In the fight of good versus evil, everyone must take a side. When you're thrown in the middle of a war unlike anything the worlds have ever seen, it...
16.3K 439 73
A story of a young man with a dark past and relies on darkness got captured and is given a chance to enroll into a university hoping for him to chang...