Blood Runs This School

By CrushedDaisy

De Lutha academy, is not like most schools. For one thing all the teachers are Vampires and for seconds Stud... More

Blood Runs This School
De Lutha Academy
My Dorm Mate
The English Teacher
The School Day
The Assembly Includes An Anouncement
An Attempt Of Persuasion
The Ball Room
The Perfect Dress
Unnatural Feelings
Getting Ready
The Grand Royal Ball
It's Wrong but It Felt Right
Set an Example
A Harmless Bet
You're Services Will Not Be Needed
Mr Waters
He's Everything I'm Supposed To Hate
I Can't Do This
Trust
Birthday
Now It's Started
In Trouble
Hungover With Nathan
You are Mine
Ever Heard Of The Word Soulmate?
Marked
Tattooed Truth
Alaia
A New Roommate
A Scarf In Question
Hurry Up And Kiss Me
Telling The Sister
Disapproving Sister
Inficio Infeci Infectum
A Visit To The Head Office
Poison, Taint, Corrupt
Under Nathan's Care For The Weekend
The Lie
No One Had Seen
Little One
Vampire Blood
Dear Readers (Authors note)
The Roadtrip!
The Town
Their Sanctuary
Old Friend
goodbye for now

Want

14.3K 545 47
By CrushedDaisy

Chapter Forty-one

Want

The bedroom was big, in the centre was a huge four poster bed with red curtains draped over the sides. It looked very vintage and so did the rest of the room, with dark oak wood furniture. It was pretty though, there was no doubting that.

Nathan placed my bag on the bed before turning to me "Up to your standards my lady?"

I nodded slowly taking in the whole bedroom "How long have you had this house?"

"A couple centuries" he said as if it were no big deal "I had the heating fitted a few years ago though, so don't worry we don't have to rely on candle light" he smirked down at me his hand reaching up to run a finger down my jaw line.

I blushed lightly turning away from his touch "So where do you sleep?"

"There's a room down the hall" He said a smile forming on his lips "is that ok?"

"Why wouldn't it be?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

He returned the look with just as much heat "Don't tempt me little one"

I just looked away trying to keep my breathing as steady as normal.

"I'll go put the fireplace on, try and get a bit of heat circling, while you unpack" He said laying a hand on my shoulder as he brushed past leaving me in the room alone as he closed the door shut behind him.

As soon as he was gone I took out my phone first reading the new messages from Colette and Anthony.

Colette- Safe journey? How's your parents :)

Anthony- I don't miss you or anything crazy unheard like that, but when are you coming back?

Just as I was guiltily typing my replies I stopped noticing my terrible phone reception. I had literally no bars, being this far out in the countryside I guess I should've known. I sighed throwing my phone aside on the bed and returned to unpacking.

I put my two sets of clothes and one set of pajamas in the oak draws at the end of the bed. Looking down at my toothbrush and toothpaste I wondered where the bathroom was and set them on top of the oak dresser.

Pulling out the computer last it felt worthless when I couldn't connect to the blog, no internet service meant I could just right a post without actually posting on the internet until I got somewhere that had connection. But then that felt like no point, here I was I completely cut of from everyone. I couldn't call, text, email. Yep this is the perfect place for serial killers.

I was starting to think this was a bad idea coming here, lying to my friends so easily like that. They're not going to forgive me, I should've told Colette before I came she'd of understood. But now it's too late.

After a few minutes I grabbed my phone and opened the bedroom door slipping out into the hallway. Maybe I could get a better reception here.

I discovered it only had one bathroom which was big and cold so I shivered and closed the door. I found the other bedroom at the end of the hallway, opening the door with the twist of the door handle I discovered Nathan's room.

It was anything really special, the four poster bed was pretty much identical to the one I was staying in, apart from the sheets where white. The furniture looked old like mine, but his were carved with patterns and swirls. A pile of books sat against the side of his wardrobe, I was too far away to read any of the titles but there were plenty and they all looked worn and well loved.

Looking down at my phone my eyes widened at the flicker of one bar appearing on my phone, but as soon as I saw it it was gone. I frowned attempting to send my texts anyway but both failed of course and I backed away from the room closing the door behind me.

I found myself walking down the old rickety stairs slipping my phone into my back pocket as each step creaked under my foot. The wallpaper next to me was faded, a swirled pattern blending more and more into the walls as I walked down the stairs. Brushing my hand against the bannister I paused at the end of the stairs, feeling goosebumps raise on my arms. It was warmer down here, the contrast from upstairs making me shiver.

"Cold?" His voice came from the side and I turned finding Nathan standing casually leaning against the now lit fireplace, his posture relaxed.

I stepped of the stairs folding my arms as I wondered into the living area, which was big enough to still keep that cosy feel. There were two couches both closed around the fireplace, I guess to try to keep in the heat they looked newer than the rest rest of the other furniture upstairs. The rug on the floor was a cream colour matching the couches. The fireplace was big an open, made out of stone it took up the feature spot in this room.

"Come stand by the fire, it's warm here" He said ringing his hand around mine and pulling it from my grasp.

I sigh but let him take my hand pulling me to his side. The fire is blazing so really it doesn't take long for me to heat up.

"How do you find your room?" He asked after a moment the arch of his eyebrow raised.

I smiled looking down at the dancing fire "Its really pretty just like the rest of the house"

He smiled back reaching down to lay his hand on my cheek "I'm really glad you like it"

I swallowed turning away, he's right I do like it. I like his house, his escape it feels warm and cosy a place I'd like to fall asleep in and never awake. There is of course the fact it's so far away from everyone and I can't call to tell people I'm ok, but then again I think that's what makes it special. It's an escape, the perfect getaway with none of the distractions.

~

"You have a lot of books" I said to Nathan picking up a heavy hardback copy of a book I've never heard of before in my life. To be fair it was written in another language so I don't know how I'd have any chance of knowing.

"Hm?" He replied from where he stood in in the kitchen trying to make me an omelet at one o'clock in the morning . I had insisted for a whole half an hour I wasn't hungry but he said it'd be rude sending a quest to bed without at least making me something. So here he was a Royal Vampire beating eggs together in the middle of the night, while I snooped through his book collection. He had an even bigger stack than upstairs by the fireplace, and even more behind and under the couches, everywhere you looked you could probably guarantee on finding another book somewhere awkward and misplaced. All old, all dating back further than I can count.

"I said ..." I got up joining him in the kitchen where he stood balancing an egg timer on his hand. The kitchen in this house was definitely the newest addition, it all matched the cream colours of the living room the ovens and new appliances all looking up to date but somehow worked with this older style house. I took a seat at the cream style bar stool before finishing my sentence "...that you have a lot of book"

"Do I?" He frowns seeming surprised for a second "Yes I suppose I do, the amount of years I've been around you could say I've turned into a bit of a collector. I only bring my favorite books here through, the rest stay at the library back at the Palace "

"You have your own library?" I asked.

"Technical it belongs to my Mother, she's the queen after all the palace is hers" He said carefully moving over to the eggs to put them into the frying pan.

"Doesn't it belong to your father two? He's the king, isn't the palace half his as well?" I asked a little confused.

He laughed lightly but I could tell there was a bitterness underlying in his voice "I'm guessing you haven't met my Mother"

I frowned not knowing how I should respond to that as Nathan didn't say anything either. Instead he made me an omelet even though I wasn't hungry and a minute later he planted it in front me, kissing the top of my head as he did.

"I did tell you I wasn't hungry right?" I said turning to him "Or was I just talking to myself"

"It's possible" He said as he took the seat next to me bumping knees as he did.

"I mean are you hungry?" I asked pushing the plate toward him but he stops it with his hand.

"For food? No." He said his face poker.

My face screwed up at the thought "Your disgusting"

"Honey I'm a Vampire" he said before glancing down at where I had today managed to borrow one of Colettes high collared shirts that was just about high enough to hide his mark. I was still haven't got over this new addition to my body, it's annoying as hell. For one thing its totally wrecked up my style because I can't go anywhere without wrapping something round my neck so I go everywhere looking like I've got a f*cking cold or something.

Nathan reached over undoing the top two buttons of the shirt, pressing his thumb to my neck I'm guessing over the tattoo "Don't hide it here, I want to see it I want you to see it" he said his eyes glaring holes down into mine "It's nothing to be ashamed of, you've got the mark of a Royal, your a rare beauty Lailah"

I smiled touching his hand with mine, wrapping my fingers around his bigger hand "I like it when you call me Lailah" the sudden burst of truth escaped from my lips before I could thing about it, I blame the time of night it always makes me loopy and say and do things I regret.

"You do?" He asked and I nod closing my eyes for a second suppressing a yawn.

"Are you tired?" He said his hand slipping.

I shake my head but I'm again taken over by another yawn.

"Come on sleepyhead time for bed" Nathan laughed standing holding out his hand to help me up, I let him because I was to delirious to care.

"What about the omelet?" I asked as he led me out of the kitchen, suddenly feeling very sad for the uneaten omelet.

"You weren't going to eat it" He said "it's way past your bedtime anyway"

"I don't have a bedtime" I pouted.

"Oh?" He asked as he led me up the stairs "I think you might need one"

"Excuse me?" I asked swinging around to him but that resulted in me nearly tripping over and Nathan having to catch me.

"Careful there little one, you don't want to hurt yourself do you?" He asked his face inches away from me as he held my arm to him keeping myself from falling.

"N-no" I stuttered- f*ck why does he do this to me.

He let go of my hand and we carried on upstairs, I held onto the banister as he led me up, his hand on my back. At the top of the stairs, we crossed the hall to my room. His hand slipped to my lower back and I think I may of stopped breathing. He opened the door and we walked inside my heartbeat pounding erratically in my ears.

"Goodnight Lailah" he whispers in my ear leading me gently inside the room as he steps away.

I just blinked at him watching as he disappeared down the hall away from my room, his back turned away from me. I bit down on my lip wishing these weren't feelings of want that where stirring in my stomach.

*********************************************

*peaks up from under bed* I haven't been hiding promise!

Hey guys so sorry for being terrible on updates ... how many months has it been?!

I've missed writing this story quite a lot and only realized that recently, so here's my rushed chapter in hopes to get something out to please you guys :D

Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 545 21
Blood and Tears have been my toys. Pain and suffering have been my friends. These were common factors in my everyday life. Never in my life did I thi...
38.8K 1.6K 24
Lia just moved into a new neighborhood with her dad. Everything seems perfect. The house, the school, her neighbors. But when she sees something she...
571K 20.7K 29
I think that sometimes the universe likes to play sick jokes on people. Like sometimes you drop the ice cream you've been craving on the floor before...
178K 6.7K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...