A Second Chance (COMPLETED)

Bởi Rhitchco

The story of a young couple faced with heartache, pain and deception conquered by endless love and devotion. ... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120

Chapter 23

107 9 7
Bởi Rhitchco

Tim's nerves were starting to get the best of him. He couldn't stand not knowing if Caroline was alright and he was petrified of screwing up in front of all those people. He started to put his phone on vibrate as a text message came through. It was from Caroline.

"My dearest Timothy, I know you must be pacing back and forth at this point, but you will do just fine. You will do better than fine. You are an excellent singer, you have a great sense of humor, let that shine through, they will love you. You could always picture everyone in their underwear .. ha ha..just pick someone in the audience, man or woman, and look at them and sing as if it's just you and them. I love you Timothy, good luck!"

Tim smiled, he really needed that from her right now. He started to peek through the curtain but refrained, he really didn't want to know how many people were actually out there. He resolved himself to not looking at the crowd at all, at least as much as possible. He would give her idea a try, but still had a bit of doubt he could pull that off. Jeff and Jonathon motioned him on stage to get placed to start. The curtain would be going up in 15 mins.

....

"You had to didn't you" they said. Caroline said "I couldn't let him go out there without hearing from me and some positive encouragement" as she bit her lip. They put their arm around her waist as they coaxed her along.

.....

Tim sang bass back up for the majority of the first portion of the performance. He concentrated on his steps and placement and avoided looking into the crowd as much as possible. Even when Jeff interacted with the audience, Tim stayed back a bit, not looking directly towards them. The stage lights were bright and were helping him from seeing clearly into the crowd, which eased his anxiety a bit. But he knew, once the short intermission was over it would only be two songs before he would be out there, front and center.

The two songs ended and Jeff once again was talking with the audience. "I'd like to introduce our bass vocalist that has been singing with us tonight. As you all know Marty is recovering from some serious throat surgery, so we brought in our good friend Mr. Tim Foust. Come on up here Tim." With a look of 'dude you're so dead', Tim slowly walked to the front of the stage, waving a little to the crowd without really looking at them. "Tim has an amazing voice and this is his first large audience to sing in front of, so if you could give him a little encouragement, I think he may have something you're going to enjoy" The crowd clapped loudly as the guys began the music.

Tim took a deep breath, closed his eyes as they started to sing:

You wear your smile like a summer sky
Just shining down on me and you
I swear your heart is a free bird
On a lazy sunny afternoon
I love the way that you were up for anything
Never worried 'bout what people say
That's right, oh that's right
What we got is
Just like driving on an open highway
Never knowing what we're gonna find
Just like two kids, baby, always trying to live it up
Whoa, yeah, that's our kind of love
Mmm that's our kind of love

Tim started to feel a bit more comfortable, and he decided to try what Caroline suggested. He slowly looked around, trying to find someone he would feel comfortable singing to.

Skipping rocks and leaving footprints
Down along the riverbank
Always holding hands, never making plans
Just living in the moment, babe
You keep me laughing with those funny faces
You somehow always know just what to say
That's right, oh that's right
What we got is
Just like driving on an open highway
Never knowing what we're gonna find

He found a few people in the second row, huge smiles on their faces. The lights were still a bit bright but he thought he may have recognized one or two of them. He shook his head as he squinted a bit, trying to get a better look.

Just like two kids, baby, always trying to live it up
Whoa, yeah, that's our kind of love
That's our kind of love
Oh that's right, baby you and I
What we got is
Just like driving on an open highway
Never knowing what we're gonna find
Just like two kids, baby, always trying to live it up
Whoa, oh

He moved a bit to the left on the stage, getting a better look at the people in the second row, suddenly smiling. All of his anxiety slipping away, as he pointed towards the girl with the dark hair in the center of the second row.

Just like two kids, baby, always trying to live it up
Whoa, yeah, that's our kind of love
That's our kind of love

The audience went crazy with clapping and whistling as he finished the song, many looking for the person he was singing to. And there she sat, in between her parents, smiling with tears in her eyes as she watched the love of her life begin his lifelong dream.

***************************************************************************************

(Ya'll still hate me...LOL)

(The song is Our Kind of Love by Lady Antebellum. I found it fitting for them, even though it wasn't written in the time frame this story is set in)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

296 12 4
Two childhood friends, who kept getting close year by year. Eventually one fall in love, but life didn't supported them and they fall apart. The love...
82.7K 1.8K 14
Her family avoids her as much as they can. Until one day, it all changes. She finds out the hidden truth. Will she be ready to move on in her life?
9.3K 293 45
They both craved something more, something to fill the emptiness that their lives held, but neither of them expected for the love they shared to chan...
1.3K 68 29
A young adult romance novel with lots of twists and tangles. A fiction inspired by real life events mixed in a catchy story with help of imagination.