Chapter 48

Tim woke to a cooler breeze flowing through the window. Caroline's head resting on his chest he noticed a slight shiver from her. He quickly pulled up the blanket, tucking it in around her before pulling her closer to him. She shivered a bit again as she pulled it up to her chin.

"Let me get up to close the window" Tim offered.

"No, please stay, I'm not cold" she stated resting her arm upon his chest.

"Sweetie, you've shivered at least twice" he replied pulling the blanket tighter around her.

"I'm warm, really. Just lay here with me" she asked.

He kissed her on the forehead as he stroked her hair "how are you feeling this morning"

"Tired, very tired" she answered softly.

"That doesn't surprise me after yesterday, and this early morning" he told her.

"Are you upset I woke you " she asked looking up into his dark eyes as she shifted her self on his chest.

"Absolutely not, not ever " he smiled.

"I...I just wanted to feel you...I needed to feel you..every part of you..I've missed you..us..." she explained as a tear escaped her eye "between the medications, radiation and side effects..there hasn't been any room for just us."

Tim wiped away her tear, "I understand, I've wanted you just as much. We can make up for lost time the stronger you become" he said as he wiggled his brows making her giggle out loud.

"Do you have classes today"she asked through a yawn, closing her eyes as she rested her head on his chest.

"No, nothing until next Monday, this semester is almost over" he replied. He could feel she was back asleep, her breathing was slow and relaxed. He laid there for a bit, stroking her long hair, lost in his thoughts. She rolled over, sliding her pillow under her head, pulling the covers off Tim, leaving him nude in the cool air.

"Guess that's my cue to get up" he said aloud as he shivered and ran to close the window. He tucked the blankets around her, kissing her on the forehead he saw the slight smile and wiggling of her eyebrows. "Not now sweetie, get some rest" he laughed then grabbed clean clothes and headed to the shower.

Tim sat at the kitchen table searching his laptop when he heard the shower running. He checked the clock, 11 am, she had slept about five hours. He walked to the bathroom opening the door a bit "Morning Darlin, you hungry? I'll fix breakfast" he told her.

"How about we go out for breakfast" she replied peaking around the shower curtain. Tim smiled into those beautiful green eyes of hers "sure sweetie, as soon as you're ready. But take you're time".

He purposefully left the door slightly opened so he would be able to hear if she had a problem. She was putting up a good front trying to make him, and herself, believe that everything was back to normal. She was medically stable at the moment, but she still had a long recovery ahead of her.

Caroline finished getting ready and headed to the kitchen. She was wearing a floral tank top, cut off jean shorts and tennis shoes.  Her hair was pulled up into a high pony tail, still slightly damp. She placed her sunglasses on top of her head as Tim looked up at her.

"Wow" was all he could say.

"Flattery will get you everywhere, Mr. Foust" she winked.

Tim stood and pulled her close "You're so beautiful" he whispered against her lips before kissing her softly.

"You're silly, I'm wearing cutoffs and a tank top. I hardly think they bring out the wow factor" she laughed.

"It's not the clothes, its you and how you wear them" he said as she bit her lower lip, looking up into his dark eyes.

"I would love to continue this foreplay, but I believe you asked me about breakfast and I could eat a bear right about now" she said batting her eyelashes at him.

"You really know how to knock a guy down, don't you....you'd choose a bear over me" he replied, stepping back, pouting.

Caroline smiled and shrugged "You driving or am I."