Chapter 77

Emily was up before the sunrise, excited to share how she wanted to spend the day after reviewing all the brochures Tim gave her.

She sat out on the railing of her bungalow, waiting for someone to get up. Soon she saw Tim walking out onto his porch, stretching a bit just as Caroline followed out behind him. They briefly wrapped their arms around each other before walking across the beach to the shoreline.

Smiling, she watched as they walked hand in hand as the sun began to rise.  'They are so lucky, I can only hope to have a love like theirs someday' she thought to herself.

****

"Ok, Squirt what did you decide" Tim asked as they all sat down around the table. Dena had made breakfast for everyone of eggs, fresh fruits and of course, bacon just for Tim.

Emily rattled off how she wanted to take the half day tour through the safari, the botanical gardens and snorkling, stating not necessarily in that order. Then to top it off she wanted to go to dinner at A Grand Old House.

Dena shook her head as she poured a cup of coffee, Caroline smiled at her excitement while Tim furrowed his brow at her. "Em, that's quite a bit to squeeze into one day" he told her "I'm not sure that's a good idea, the doing everything all today." Emily pouted a bit as she played with her food.

Caroline hated to see her disappointed "why not do everything" she stated looking at Tim.

"Darlin, you know that's quite a bit for you to do. Maybe pick one thing and dinner" he stated.

"I'll be fine. I think it would all be fun. We could start off with the snorkeling,  then the safari, then the gardens before dinner" Caroline replied, rubbing his arm gently.

Emily looked up, hoping Tim would agree. "Caroline, I don't know.." he answered.

Dena added, "Caroline we don't want to risk your health. I know Emily will understand if we choose one and dinner. Right Em?"

Emily didn't want anything to happen to Caroline, especially because of her. She smiled slightly "it's ok. We can do that but you pick Caroline".

"I pick all of it" Caroline smiled as she nudged Tim. "I will be fine, I feel fine. We need to have fun and I've never been snorkeling before. Plus, cool waters, then car safari, followed by cool gardens to air conditioned dinner.  It's a perfect plan, Em" she told everyone.

Tim looked at Caroline, concerned. She tapped his lips with her finger " not another word, mister. That's the plan" she giggled.

Tim gave in reluctantly while Emily squealed and ran over to Caroline giving her a big hug, "Thank you, thank you, thank you" she exclaimed. Dena and Tim exchanged looks, knowing it may not be the best idea but it was Caroline's choice.

****

Caroline noticed Tim was very quiet as she was packing a bag with change of clothes for the days excursion.

"Are you upset with me" she asked turning towards him as he stood near by.

"No" he said quietly as he pulled her towards him. "I'm...just...concerned this will all be too much for you today" he said resting his head on top of hers.

"Baby, I'm fine. I need this as much as Emily does. She may never get a chance to travel to such an exotic place again and I want her to enjoy everything she can. Promise me, you won't worry the whole time and enjoy yourself too" she told him.

Tim held her tighter "IF you start to have any problems at all, you tell me.  Bring your medications too, ok" he replied. She assured him she would as they parted to finish getting ready.