Chapter 55

Tim played with the food on his plate, lost in his own thoughts. Caroline reached across the table, touching his hand he looked up "Where are you, I've been talking to you for the past five minutes and you haven't said a word" she remarked turning her head slightly to the side.

"I'm sorry darlin, what were you saying" he replied with a slight smile.

"Talk to me sweetie. Something is bothering you, I can tell" she coaxed.

Tim took a deep breath before he finally explained about the emails and the video. "I wasn't going to tell you, you've been dealing with so much lately, I didn't want to add to it and make you worry"

"Well, I appreciate that but we need to find out who this jerk is. Neither of us should have to feel the need to be constantly looking over our shoulder for some lunatic" she replied. Tim agreed.

"And you have no idea who it is. What makes you so sure they are after you and not me, or both of us " she asked him.

"The content of the emails directed towards me, not you. Then following me when I leave. But I wondered after the other night.." he replied. Caroline looked at him questionably.

"Darlin, the flat tire was not accidental. Someone intentionally placed a screw in the sidewall of the tire. The mechanic showed it to me, it was placed so that it would be gradual to make it look accidental" he added "I'm the only one that ever drives it"

Caroline stood and started pacing back and forth, then headed to the living room. Tim quickly followed "Darlin, where are you going" he asked as she grabbed her keys heading for the door.

"To find the son of a bitch that's  stalking us" she yelled.

Tim grabbed her by the arm, turning her quickly towards him. She flashed him a look that reminded him of what she did earlier that surprised the hell out of him, he let go "please, just calm down. We're going to find out who it is but the right way. Bobby is working on it, he's having patrols check the area and the landlord has the video streaming live of the apartment and property" he assured her.

She squinted her right eye slightly as she listened. 'damn it' she thought to herself as she began to get an occular migraine from her sudden stressful response. She tossed the keys on the table "fine, but if he doesn't find out who it is and soon, I will" she told him as she placed her hand over her eye.

Tim took her by the hand, leading her to the sofa. He sat in the corner, pulling her down towards him with both hands "lean against me" he told her.

"Why" she asked trying to hide the discomfort.

"You know why" he said as she leaned back he began to message her temples and forehead. "This is why I didn't want to tell you" he said softly.

"You should still tell me. I'm not delicate you know, I can handle this" she proclaimed.

"Yes you can, you proved that this afternoon" he replied with a smile.

"Don't you forget it either mister " she laughed lightly.

"Is this helping" he asked continuing to gently message her head.

"Yes, some" she answered but he could tell she hadn't relaxed enough yet. He kissed her on top of her head then began to hum to her. The vibration of his deep voice in his chest was soothing to her. "I love you Tim" she said as she began too dose off. "And I love you Caroline "