Dixon's Daughter • The Walkin...

By pizzadeliveryboy

Emma's mom has abused her for about 4 years now, one day she does the unthinkable which leaves Emma in a coma... More

Author's Note
1:My Mom USED to be normal
2:Fade
3:Rick Grimes
4:Rotting Dead People A.K.A Walkers
5:Car Alarm
6:Emma's House
7:Kings County Sheriff's Office
8:Hancuffed to the Rooftop
9:Dead Puppies and Kittens
10:Daryl Dixon
11:The First One Ive Ever Seen Bit
12:Its All My Fault
13:Center-Wide Decontamination
14:Where a Car Goes To Die
15: Survive Through The Night
16: You Like Him
17:Walker Ears, Best Friends, and Bloody Noses
18: Truth Is, I'm Petrified
19: Yeah, and A Lot Too
20: Dixons Never Cry
21: Beside the Dying Fire
22: Escaping Inmates
23: Walkers, Walkers, Walkers
24: Mother Dearest
25: Abuse
26: Unnoticeable
27: No Him, No Me
28: The Past is the Past
29: Bad Things, A Lot of Bad Things
30: The Locket
31: Colorful
32: Pay a Visit to The Governor
33: The Three Letters
34: Woodbury
35: Thirteen
36: The Attack and The Aftermath
37: Crush
38: Punches
39: Quarantined
40: Slut
41: Just a dream
42: Faked It
44: Blood and Mucus
45: Gratitude
46: Marcus Radford
47: Accusations and Explanations
48: Too Far Gone
49: Three
50: Humanity
51: My Everything
52: The Truck
53: Last Moments
54: The Tunnel
55: Invincible
56: Explanations
57: Terminus
58: A
59: Heroic
60: Static
61: Black Smoke and Explosions
62: Reunions
63: Stars
64: Help
65: The Church
66: Water Jugs
67: Alone
68: Plans
69: Hugs and Hospital Rooms
70: Free
71: Floor Seven
72: Knife and Gun
73: Intimidating
74: Savior
75: Not Dead Yet
76: Unconscious Dreams
77: Twisted
78: The Funeral
79: The Sanctuary
80: The Coma
81: The Whole
82: Hostages
83: Soulmates
84: Whistle
85: Farewell, My Love
(A/N) farewell, *my* loves:((

43: Everyones Got A Job To Do

1.1K 25 11
By pizzadeliveryboy

Daryl's P.O.V

We found a battery for the mini van earlier. I hope we can get the medicine back in time to save everyone. We don't need to lose anyone else. 

We drove for quite a while longer until we came to the veterinary college with the medicine. Bob was the biggest help when it came to finding the medicine. 

We rushed in and out of the building as fast as we could. We got everything we needed just in time, but there were walkers inside that ended up attempting to swarm us. They failed though. 

We got out just in time. Bob almost lost his bag, which wasn't even the bag with the medicine but he still tried and succeeded to keep it. He risked his life for a bag. He almost got pulled off of the pavilion we were on for this bag. All of us joined in on helping him not falling off. We kept telling him to let it go. 

When he pulled it up a bottle of alcohol was revealed. I picked it up. 

"You got no meds in your bag? Just this?" I asked. 

He didn't say anything. 

"You shoulda kept walking that day." I said talking about the day I found him and brought him in. 

I went to throw the bottle out into the walkers. 

"Don't." Bob said as he put his hand on his holstered gun. 

I got up in his face, he wouldn't look at me, I also took his gun. 

"Just let it go Daryl, the mans made his choice. Nothing you can do about it. Just gotta let it go." Tyreese said, but I didn't back down. 

"I didn't wanna hurt nobody. It was just for when it gets quiet." Bob said. 

I still stood close to him. 

"If you take one sip before those meds get in our people, I will beat your ass into the ground. You hear me?" I threatened while handing back the bottle then walking away. 

Emma's P.O.V

I was checking on the people in the cells close to the entrance, I just wanted to make sure nobody needed anything, making sure they were all alive. As I was finishing checking up on the last person there was a knock at the door. 

Hershel had given me his keys. He said, theres more chance of me staying healthy, something about once you get old your chances of immunity begins to decrease. So, I walked over to the door, unlocked it, and opened it. It was Emily and Taylor. 

"Are you guys sick?" I questioned. 

"Thanks to you. Bringing all your diseases with you... wait, why aren't you sick?" Emily asked me, clearly pained from the illness. 

I shrugged cockily. I showed them each to their own cell, they were people we lost overnight. Hershel and I had already taken care of them, so they didn't turn into walkers.

Before returning to check on others I went into each of their cells and asked one question.  

First, I went into Emily's cell. 

"Do you need anything? Maybe extra blankets or some of the freshly made tea." 

"Some tea would be nice. Also, can you cover me up?" She asked. 

"Sure." I said grabbing her blanket and putting it on her. 

"I'll be back with your tea in just a moment." I said. 

Next I went to Taylor's cell. 

"Do you need anything? Maybe some freshly made tea or extra blankets." 

"Can I have both?" She said. 

I nodded, "I'll be back with them in just a moment." I said. 

So, I went and grabbed two glasses of tea and two extra blankets for Taylor.

I first went to Emily's cell and gave her the tea. 

Then I went to Taylor's cell and covered her with the extra blankets and gave her the tea. 

Rick's P.O.V

Carol and I have had a rather eventful day. 

While scavenging a house, we met two people who were too scared to even kill a walker. One of them had a shoulder that was popped out of place and the other one had a leg that was all messed up from getting trampled. It was a man and a woman. 

They wanted to come back with us, but my condition was, they had to meet us back here. They would help us scavenge. Neither of them made it back though. Looks like its only me going back to the prison this time. 

Carol and I loaded everything into the car and when she got up to go in the car, I had locked the door. 

"They might've lived. Karen and David, they might've lived, and now they're dead. That wasn't your decision to make. When Tyreese finds out... he'll kill you. He damn near killed me over nothing." I began. 

"I can handle Tyreese." She responded. 

"When the others find out, they won't want you there. And if they don't make it back, if everybody dies from this thing and its just the two of us with Judith and Carl, with my children... I won't have you there." I retorted. 

"Rick, its me. No one else has to know. I thought you were done making decisions for everyone." She replied. 

"I'm making this decision for me." I responded. 

"I coulda pretended that everything was gonna be fine. But I didn't. I did something. I stepped up. I had to do something." She claimed. 

"No, you didn't." I said. 

She had began crying, "If you think I'm going anywhere without Lizzie and Mika--" She said but I cut her off. 

"If you want them to leave, to go out there with you? Lizzie's sick. Mika is ten years old." I said. 

"Please, you can't." She said with a tear rolling down her cheek. 

"We'll keep them safe." I said. I continued, "You're not that women who was too scared to be alone. Not anymore. You're gonna start over, find others, people who don't know, and you're gonna survive out here. You will." I said. 

"Maybe." She shrugged. 

I began taking things out of my car to give to her and whatever car we find for her. 

Before she left, she gave me a watch that she got from Ed on their first anniversary. I guess she was returning the watch that I lost to those people earlier. 

Daryl's P.O.V

We're now back on the road for the prison. It's gonna take us about seven hours to get back. 

Emma's P.O.V

Hershel was putting a breathing thing in one of our 'patients' named Henry along with the help of Glenn, Sasha, and I. 

The man was practically drowning in his own blood and mucus, so we needed to get this thing to him. 

After we got tube down his throat and connected the bag to it, the man could breathe along with someone's help. 

Hershel order both Glenn and Sasha to drink some of the tea, it was clear they were worn out, it makes sense though, they were so sick. 

"Some council meeting, huh?" Hershel joked. 

"We're two members short." Sasha retorted, warn out. 

"I can just sub for Daryl." I joked along with them. 

"I think we should make some new rules before they get back. I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays, every Wednesday." Hershel said fighting off his smile. 

Sasha sorta glared at him. 

"First we have to find some spaghetti." Hershel continued. 

Everything was silent. 

"You okay to take over?" Hershel asked Sasha. 

She nodded. 

"Every five to six seconds squeeze. If you start feeling light headed, grab somebody else to take over. We'll take it in shifts." He said, he then turned all of his attention to Glenn, "You wanna help my rounds?" He asked. 

Glenn nodded in response to me. 

"Sasha, I'll stay close by, if you need me just holler. It never gets to loud in here anyways, Ill be able to hear you." I said. 

She nodded. 

Glenn's P.O.V

As we were leaving I began wondering. "How long will that keep Henry alive?" I asked. 

"Just as long as we're willing to do it. As long as it takes." Hershel responded. 

Then Hershel and I disappeared off to our other 'patients'.  

As we were walking through, it was easy to tell who was alive and who wasn't. Usually when people died, they had blood scattered all on their faces. We came across a man that has blood all over his face. 

It usually comes out of the eyes, nose, and mouth. It's a rather disturbing sight, but this is kinda what I signed up for. 

I've never actually had to deal with someone who has died to this thing. I took out my knife, ready to put it through his brain but Hershel stopped me. He said "Not here." 

So, I re-holstered my knife. Hershel went and grabbed a gurney off from somewhere that I didn't see. 

"Help me get him on this." Hershel said. 

"Okay, but in a couple hours when Henry's dead-" I said. 

"Glenn." Hershel interrupted. 

"How are we gonna get his body down the stairs, across the cell block, and through those doors without anyone noticing?" I asked. 

"If that happens ---IF--- you're gonna help me." He retorted. 

"What if I'm gone?" I asked, which honestly pained me. 

"Shut up and help me get him on this." He replied. 

So, we moved him from place to place and went to leave the room. 

Lizzie must've seen because she came out and asked, "What are you doing?" 

"We're taking Mr. Jacobson to a quieter place." Hershel said, then putting his hand up to Lizzies head he said, "Go get my copy of 'Tom Sawyer' from my room. I want you to read it by tonight. We all got jobs to do. That ones yours."

"I won't finish it." Lizzie replied. 

"Why?" Hershel asked. 

"Its gonna get too dark." She said. 

Thats when Emma came down the stairs. 

"Come on Lizzie. Lets go find this book. You can have my flashlight for when it gets too dark." She said while handing over her flashlight. 

After Hershel and I were out of the Cell Block and into another room I took my knife out and readied myself to stab him in the head. 

"You haven't had to do this yet, have you?" I asked. 

Hershel shook his head no. "There was one late last night. Emma did it. People don't need to see it. I don't want them to." He replied. 

Emma's P.O.V

They were taking too long. I feel like something bad happened so I went after them. 

I heard them talking. 

"There was one late last night. Emma did it. People don't need to see it. I don't want them to." Hershel said. 

I walked in silently. It clearly made Glenn uncomfortable having to do it so I walked up with my knife readied and stabbed Mr. Jacobson in the head. 

"Emma, we had it under control." Hershel said. 

"I got worried, it was taking you guys abnormally long, Glenn seemed uncomfortable with it, I just got it taken care of." I said before turning around and walking back towards the cell block. 

Maggie's P.O.V 

I talked to my dad earlier, he won't let me come in. I just want to help, but like Beth said, we all have jobs to do. 

I was out killing the walkers at the fence when I saw Rick and Carol pull up, so I went running for the gate, I opened it just in time. 

When I saw Rick pull through I realized Carol wasn't with him.  

"Carl, Judith, are they okay?" He asked me. 

"Yeah. Where's Carol?" I replied. 

"Glenn, Hershel, Sasha?" He asked avoiding my question. 

"Yeah, its bad, but they're fighting it. Daryl's not back yet." I said. 

"How's Emma? Daryl asked me to look in on her." He said. 

"She's fine. She was never sick." I said. He nodded and turned to walk away. I needed answers though. I continued, "Rick. Rick, wheres Carol?" 

"It was her. She killed Karen and David. She was trying to stop it from spreading. Tyreese is gonna be back here soon, so I didn't think she should be here. And I couldn't have her here. She has a car, supplies, she'll figure it out. I'll tell your dad, don't tell anyone else yet." He said. I was shocked by what he told me. 

"Okay." I managed to say. 

He went to leave but he saw the shocked look on my face. 

"Would you have brought her back?" He questioned. 

"She said she did it?" I asked. 

"Yeah." He said. 

"Then you were right to send her away. I don't know if I could have." I replied. 

"You could have, Maggie. You've done harder things. Don't doubt yourself. We don't get to anymore." He said before walking away. 

"Rick, the clusters getting bigger than the one that took the fence down. We need to do something." I said as he got into the car. 

"We will." He said before closing his door. 

Carl's P.O.V 

I was out in the halls again. I had been there for a while and it stayed the same, nothing happened. I was the only person. 

Suddenly I heard my dad come rushing in.

"Carl?... Carl?... Carl...? Carl." He shouted while searching for me. 

 I came rushing towards him. "You okay?" I asked. 

"I was gonna ask you that." He said. 

"We're fine." I replied. 

"No one's sick? You didn't have to do anything?" He said. 

"Haven't had to use my gun, dad." I said. 

"And Judith?" He asked. 

"She's with Beth." I said. 

"Good." He said. "How about Emma?" He continued. 

"She was never sick. I made her go in there for nothing, but she's been helping everyone in there." I said. 

"We found some food on the run. There's a bunch of fruit leather in there. Just have everybody brush their teeth after." He said while giving me a bag. 

"Can we come out soon?" I asked. 

"Not just yet." He replied. 

"Dad, I was around you when you were in the middle of it. And I was around Patrick. I didn't get it. I can help you." I argued. 

"Thanks but, I need you to stay here." He replied.  

"I will. But, Dad, you can't keep me from it." I said. 

"From what?" He asked. 

"From what always happens." I said. 

"Yeah. Maybe. But I think its my job to try." He replied. 

Emma's P.O.V 

I went with Hershel on his rounds this time. We've almost walked all the way through without finding anyone dead, that is, until we reached the last cell we had to check. 

Hershel tried to keep me from going in there, but I pushed through anyways. I knew who's cell it was, it was my mom's. There she laid, blood streaks coming from her eyes, nose, and mouth. I began to tear up. 

"Emma, I can get someone else to help me, you don't have to do this." Hershel said. 

"Yes I do, she was my mom." I said walking out of the room and bringing back a gurney. 

"Help me move her." I said. 

He helped me and he went with me to take her out. 

By the time we reached our usual area of doing it I had started crying. 

"I can get someone-" He said, I interrupted him when I ripped my knife out of my holster and stabbed her in the head. 

I then walked away with tears streaming down my face, leaving her body for someone else to take care of. 

-------------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT, I read and reply to them all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 5.4K 47
•Book 1• Book 2 will be coming as soon as possible! Alex Grimes (you) always had a Fire in her. She was training to be a cop, Just like her father...
116K 3.2K 52
She was just a girl made of blood and bones. It's all you could describe her as. Nothing more. Nothing less. But oh, when the boy in Rick Grimes' gro...
5.9K 167 26
Sadie-Mae and Rick Grimes make it out of the hospital after a struggle trapped them inside! Together they find their way out and into the world and i...
18.6K 773 54
Disclaimer: I do not own The Walking Dead or it's characters. I only own and characters I make up along with any added plot and dialogue. Daryl Dixon...