Dixon's Daughter • The Walkin...

By pizzadeliveryboy

Emma's mom has abused her for about 4 years now, one day she does the unthinkable which leaves Emma in a coma... More

Author's Note
1:My Mom USED to be normal
2:Fade
3:Rick Grimes
4:Rotting Dead People A.K.A Walkers
5:Car Alarm
6:Emma's House
7:Kings County Sheriff's Office
8:Hancuffed to the Rooftop
9:Dead Puppies and Kittens
10:Daryl Dixon
11:The First One Ive Ever Seen Bit
12:Its All My Fault
13:Center-Wide Decontamination
14:Where a Car Goes To Die
15: Survive Through The Night
16: You Like Him
17:Walker Ears, Best Friends, and Bloody Noses
18: Truth Is, I'm Petrified
19: Yeah, and A Lot Too
20: Dixons Never Cry
21: Beside the Dying Fire
22: Escaping Inmates
23: Walkers, Walkers, Walkers
24: Mother Dearest
25: Abuse
26: Unnoticeable
27: No Him, No Me
28: The Past is the Past
29: Bad Things, A Lot of Bad Things
30: The Locket
31: Colorful
32: Pay a Visit to The Governor
33: The Three Letters
34: Woodbury
35: Thirteen
36: The Attack and The Aftermath
37: Crush
38: Punches
40: Slut
41: Just a dream
42: Faked It
43: Everyones Got A Job To Do
44: Blood and Mucus
45: Gratitude
46: Marcus Radford
47: Accusations and Explanations
48: Too Far Gone
49: Three
50: Humanity
51: My Everything
52: The Truck
53: Last Moments
54: The Tunnel
55: Invincible
56: Explanations
57: Terminus
58: A
59: Heroic
60: Static
61: Black Smoke and Explosions
62: Reunions
63: Stars
64: Help
65: The Church
66: Water Jugs
67: Alone
68: Plans
69: Hugs and Hospital Rooms
70: Free
71: Floor Seven
72: Knife and Gun
73: Intimidating
74: Savior
75: Not Dead Yet
76: Unconscious Dreams
77: Twisted
78: The Funeral
79: The Sanctuary
80: The Coma
81: The Whole
82: Hostages
83: Soulmates
84: Whistle
85: Farewell, My Love
(A/N) farewell, *my* loves:((

39: Quarantined

1.4K 27 10
By pizzadeliveryboy

Emma's P.O.V

I had just told Carl I liked him. I thought for sure it was obvious, though. How had he not known? I guess the same way I never knew he liked me. We made it really obvious to each other now that I think about it, the "I love you"s and the kisses. How had I not known? 

I'm really glad I have him though. Throughout everything, if I lost him to Emily, that would've been the worst. 

This all gets me thinking though. What would my dad think if Carl and I began dating? Would he be okay with it? Am I even allowed to date? I need to talk to him, this isn't a conversation I want to particularly have, and I'm most definitely not talking to my mom. As of right now, nothing is gonna change. 

Carl and I are still only best friends. It may be out to each other that we like one another, but either way, nothing is all that different.

The board of people we have that run our little community have decided that anyone who shows symptoms of being sick shall be quarantined in Cell Block A, once home to all the people of Death Row. 

So far, only two people have needed to be put into Cell Block A, Karen and David, both originally residents of Woodbury. They didn't get put into that cell block yet, it still is being cleaned out. Currently, they're in the tombs in some cells down there. 

Though, I don't know either of them all too well, they seem to be really nice. Karen has helped me with small things many times and David, he has taught me to cook on the grills we have here. I don't mean to brag, but thanks to him, I can make a mean piece of meat. 

Beth has agreed to stay with Judith in a quarantined area. Hershel and another man who joined us named who I know by Dr. S, have agreed to sit in with the infected ones. 

With no relevancy to me, Carol has informally adopted two young girls, Lizzie and Mika. Their dad died when Patrick turned and caused a whole ton of issues in that cell block. 

I haven't seen my dad since the outbreak was revealed. Right now I'm sitting on a bench in the courtyard just reading some random book. It wasn't that interesting though. Just an over told story, girl meets man supposedly coincidentally, although you and I know it wasn't a coincidence, and they end up falling in love. It wasn't all that random, I got it from the library, I thought it would be better than it is. 

Either way, it doesn't really matter, I'm not comprehending anything I'm reading. I'm just thinking too much. About everything, about my mom, my dad, Carl, Emily, Jarod, Patrick. I hate to say this but my life would just be so much easier if I had died the day my mom stabbed me with a bottle and left me for dead. 

I wouldn't have to worry about any of this, especially the end of the world. 

This isn't me saying I want to die, thats the last thing I want. I just want everything to be easier. I just want to be able to see my mom and dad normally. Not with my mom all drunk and in the mood to abuse me. Theres nothing wrong with my dad, I just wish it was in our own home and not a prison. I want to be able to be with Carl with no worries of anything. Not as a girlfriend because I don't care about that as much. I just want to be his friend. I want to be able to hang out with my best friend and not worry about it being the last time I see him or any of my family. I also don't want to have to worry about being threatened for hanging out with him, especially not by some stupid girl who is threatened by how close him and I are because she has a crush on him. 

My thoughts are quickly interrupted by a sense of commotion close by. I run around trying to find it and I do. I see two burned bodies along with Carol, Daryl, Rick, and a very upset Tyreese. Its pretty clear who the two bodies belong to, Karen and David. Tyreese is clearly mad, and its understandable but he's also taking it out in the wrong way. 

I can't go into the area that Tyreese, Carol, Daryl, and Rick are because they're in a gated area. I watch close to the fence and I'm never really acknowledged. 

I came into the conversation without a full understanding of all that was happening so I'm a bit confused in some aspects. Tyreese wants Rick to figure out who did killed Karen and David because Ricks a cop. Tyreese wants them brought to him once they're found, but if you think about it. It doesn't make any sense that Rick would be able to find them. 

The person, I assume, didn't leave any evidence behind and theres no way of scanning for fingerprints or anything even remotely close to that. It just doesn't make sense. 

After Rick and Daryl talk with Tyreese about the situation for a bit, and Tyreese doesn't hear anything he wants to, he begins to become upset. 

He attacks my dad. He has him held up by his throat against the fence. 

Rick was gonna do something but Daryl stopped him. No one was doing anything so decided I would. 

"Tyreese, I know you're upset and you have every right to be. How about you just take a couple deep breaths and calm down a bit. Let my dad go because he has no part in any of this. That sounds like a plan, right? I'll go with you and get you whatever you need, if you need to talk I got you, if you need food or water or anything, I got you. Lets just go in, that sounds like a good idea, don't you think?" I said. 

He put Daryl down and I don't really understand what happened after that but Rick and Tyreese ended up getting into a fight. 

For as big as Tyreese is, I didn't expect Rick to be able to take him down like he did, at least without any weapons. Rick kinda had Tyreese pinned and punched him a few times before coming to reason that he should get off of him. 

Tyreese was understandably upset, everyone was uneasy. It wasn't the best timing but I took this opportunity to talk to dad. 

"Dad." I said causing him to focus all attention to me. 

"You're okay right? You don't have the sickness? I don't need to worry do I?" I asked uneasily. 

"I'm fine, kiddo. I'd get someone to tell you if anything else happened." He retorted. 

"Promise?" I asked. 

"Promise." He responded. 

I nodded but quickly remember the other news I had been with holding that I can't wait to tell him. "Oh, hey, when you're cleared from this sickness, I really need to talk to you about quite a lot of different things." I said. 

He nodded. "You should probably get going kiddo, we got stuff to sort out and things to take care of. Plus, I don't want to risk you getting sick." He said sympathetically. 

"I'll see you soon then, I love you." I said. 

"I love you too." He said. 

I walked inside. Things were getting worse. I've seen many people on their way to the quarantine area. One of them being Sasha. I also saw Glenn who wasn't looking to great out in the field. 

I'm gonna go talk to him later. See whats up. Right now I want to talk to Carl. 

I approached his cell but it sounded like he was arguing with someone. Therefore I refrained from entering and I just listened for a bit. 

Carl's P.O.V

Taylor is in my cell trying to persuade me to... well, I don't really know what exactly, but I do know she's here on behalf of Emily. 

"C'mon Carl. You and I both know you don't need Emma. Its not gonna last." Taylor began. 

"I'm sorry, but Emily is gonna have to get over it. She'll probably find someone eventually, just not me." I replied trying to be as nice as possible. 

"Oh my god Carl! You're being so stupid." She said. 

"Taylor. I already told you, its my life, I'm gonna like who I want to whether you like it or not." I said, remaining calm and attempting to be nice. 

"She's not even a virgin. We've all heard the stories. The Governor, her step-dad. Carl, she's just a slut." Taylor practically shouted at me. 

"First of all, she's not a slut... very far from even being close to a slut. Second of all, her "step-dad" wasn't her step-dad. Just her mom's lowlife boyfriend." I said attempting to not go into the details of the other accusations. 

"Well that just makes it even more pathetic. Can't find her own boyfriend so she's gotta go get some with grown men, thats just disgusting." Taylor snarled. 

"The stories you've heard, aren't true. I know the truth. She's not a slut. She's not pathetic. She didn't want any of it to happen to her either. It happened against her will. I think it'd be best of you to just leave." I said becoming angry. 

"If she's not any of that she's just plain out ugly... as a matter of fact, she's rather hideous." Taylor said. 

This whole conversation was already getting to me, but this was just where I draw the line. I don't want to hear anyone talk bad about her ever, she's the best person I know. 

"Okay, first of all, if you're gonna come in here and try to give me reasons as to why liking Emma is a bad idea, at least give me some valid points. Maybe some new TRUE information would be nice. Who even told you the 'stories' about Emma and The Governor or her mom's boyfriend? Was it Emily because Judith is smarter than Emily and Judith can't even talk yet. I mean all the evidence we need for that is that she tried to punch Emma, not once but twice, Emily can't fight off walkers let-alone other people who are stronger and more experienced in fighting. Emma is not a slut. Emma is not ugly, as a matter of fact she's the most beautiful, loving, caring, funny, and down to earth girl I know. She's by far the easiest person for me to talk to. She's easily the strongest girl I know if not the strongest over all person I know. Now, I think it'd be best if you tell Emily to stop pestering me and to take a mental note for yourself to stop pestering me because, I'm not gonna change my mind. Now if you would please get out of my cell, that would be great." I said angrily. It was clear that I was mad. 

She didn't say anything else. She just turned around and walked out. 

Emma's P.O.V

By now I had disappeared into my cell, but still listening. It probably sounds really bad on my part but I'm kinda the topic of conversation in a way. 

I heard all the bad things Taylor said about me. I wonder if people really think those things about me, I'm not a slut. I haven't done anything to put off that I am one. I just got raped. Which I clearly can't control. 

I say it like its no big deal, but she doesn't know what it feels like to be violated in such a way. To be exposed to someone like that unwillingly. Its just disgusting and I didn't ask for any of it. 

Taylor and Carl are still talking. She just called me hideous, which really gets to me. I've never felt that great about myself but I didn't think looks mattered anymore since the world is now shit. I thought I could just live. I didn't want to be the target of all these things that are being said. 

I'm still listening and I hear Carl. He's sticking up for me. No matter what happens, he somehow always finds a way to make my problems less of a problem. I can't explain how much I appreciate this kid. 

Carl literally just told her off for me. He called me beautiful. He defended me. I sound insane but he's just so great. 

I watched, but made it unclear that I saw her leave his cell. 

I needed to talk to him but by now I had forgotten so, I'm just gonna talk to Glenn. 

I walk outside and see Glenn where he was when I left, out in the field digging graves. 

I approach him, being sure to stay far enough a way from him, and I begin conversation. 

"Hey Glenn." I said as he wiped the sweat from his face. 

"Hey Emma." He said trying to seem fine. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to be this close to me." He continued. 

"I know you were exposed but theres people inside who were exposed or sick getting just as close if not closer." I said, skeptically. 

"Emma, you should go inside and stay away from everyone." He said trying to hide his obvious coughs. 

"I think you should go inside too. Glenn, you can't avoid it. Just go inside and get some help." I said. 

"I've got to dig these graves." He said. 

"Glenn, you and I both know we can get someone else to dig the graves. I can get Carl and him and I will." I said. 

"You guys can't do it, these bodies were exposed or have already had it. You can't get too close to it." He said. 

"Well we'll find someone else who can then. You need to go inside." I said. 

He nodded and agreed. He began to walk up, maintaining a safe distance between him and I. 

"Hey Emma, I don't think I ever told you this but I'm sorry about what The Governor did to you." He said. 

"Glenn, its not your fault. And I'm okay now. I'm not letting any other creeps get that close to me... thats for sure." I said. 

We reached the door and this is where him and I parted ways. 

I went to tell Maggie about my suspicions of Glenn, I feel it was important of her to know. 

Then I went back towards my cell in attempts to talk to Carl. 

When I got there I saw Rick was already there talking to him. I decided to join the conversation just because Carl was packing up. 

"It's for your own good." I heard Rick say. 

"I'm fine." Carl said as he was packing his things. 

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but whats going on? Is Carl moving cells or something?" I asked. 

Rick ignored me and Carl shook his head no. I was still confused. 

"I don't want to be locked in there with a bunch of kids" Carl continued. 

"Thats why Emma is going with you... I need you in there, keeping an eye on each other and everybody else. Making sure they're safe. The two of you would make it better for me anyways, you guys are good as a team." Rick said. 

By now Carl had finished packing and kinda just glared at his dad a bit. 

"If anybody gets sick, you let me know." Rick said to both Carl and I, I'm still oblivious as to what was happening. 

"What if they've already turned when I find them?" Carl asked. 

Rick took a deep breath then said, "You don't fire, unless you absolutely need to." 

"But you know I might need to, right?" Carl responded. 

Rick nodded then Carl walked out taking me with him.

"Woah, woah, woah. Whats going on?" I asked Carl. 

"Both your dad and my dad thought it'd be best if we get 'quarantined' with the kids. They say we can take care of them. Make sure nothing bad happens." He responded. 

"Wait, don't I need to pack?" I asked. 

"No, I already packed for you. I got enough blankets for the both of us too." He said. 

"Thank you." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but oh well. 

As we were walking to the space in which we were gonna be stuck for who knows how long I began to think which inspired one last question I had, I don't think Carl could answer it so I ran off in hopes to find Rick or my dad. 

Carl didn't understand why I was running and ran after me. He caught up with me once I found Rick. 

"Rick, are we gonna be stuck in there with Emily and Taylor?" I asked. 

"Yeah. I know you have issues with them but just put your differences aside for the time being. Everything will be okay. A group is being sent out on a run for medicine later, it shouldn't take that long." He responded. 

I took Carl's hand and dragged him back with me to the direction of the quarantine room. 

"Carl." I said, worried. 

"Yes?" He responded, I could tell he wasn't happy about our current situation but ever since I disappeared the first time, he hasn't been upset with me without reason. 

"What if I control myself but they can't control themselves? What if I mess this all up?" I asked. 

"Everything is going to be fine. If I notice things getting bad, I'll take care of it. I got you." He said lifting up my pinky and giving me a pinky promise, which made me chuckle.

From then on, him and I started joking around facing whatever we needed to together. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Sorry I've been so distant, I've been writing so much in this story and managing straight A's in school and being in a play. Like I said, I've been writing but I forgot to publish. Hence the reason I have I 30+ drafts, that are completed. I'm gonna work on trying to post better and more consistently. Either way, I hope you're enjoying the story. Please feel free to comment whatever you like, I read them all, just please try to stay positive, if possible. Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT, I read them all. 

-Much love, the random girl who wrote this story.-<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.6K 4.2K 21
❝ i am my father's daughter ❞ -𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, the young girl's life was a tragedy, her mother died and her father, negan, abandoned her. riley's jo...
117K 3.2K 52
She was just a girl made of blood and bones. It's all you could describe her as. Nothing more. Nothing less. But oh, when the boy in Rick Grimes' gro...
350K 5.8K 48
"You're my everything Angela." Rick said planting a kiss on my forehead. Angela is all alone when the world goes to hell. She finds a group with a sh...
171K 4K 49
Carl Grimes's life was great. He had both parents, a ton of friends, and a great role model. His dad was a sheriff at the King's County Police Depart...