The Movies Make It Look Easy

By XfudgesiclesX

Shannon moves to London, expecting the perfect College experience, but from Day One things don't go according... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Epilogue

Chapter 14

18.1K 206 11
By XfudgesiclesX

Chapter 14

6 Weeks Later: 31st October

Shannon's P.O.V:

I wasn't paying attention as I flicked through the rack of costumes in front of me.

This was about the fiftieth shop that Natalie had dragged me to and she still hadn't found something she liked, for either of us. I had started the day enthusiastically but after hours of walking around all of London - or it felt like it anyway - I was tired and absolutely starving. Most of the shops were a blur by this stage.

Nat had even persuaded me to go to Camden Market, but all I'd gotten from that was a tube ride stuck beside a smelly fat guy and another equally fat - and heavy - guy stamping on my foot as we were jostled by the market crowds.

Suffice it to say, I wasn't in a good mood.

A huff from behind me made me turn away from the rack of clothes to face Natalie. I raised an eyebrow in query of the pout forming on her face. "I can't find anything."

I fought a smile, "I told you the same thing about two hours ago." I rolled my eyes; "you just chose not to listen."

"How was I supposed to know you were telling the truth? You'd do anything to get out of shopping" She whined.

I started to protest, thought better of it and shut my mouth. It wasn't a good idea to argue with Natalie when she got that defiant look in her eye. "So what are we going to do?"

"I suppose we'll just have to use those French maid outfits, even though they're horribly cliché and it kills me to have to use them" she pouted. "I wanted to be unique and stand out!" she proclaimed dramatically.

I chuckled, "you know we shouldn't have left it until Halloween to get our costumes."

Without deigning to reply, Nat flounced out of the shop. I followed slowly, my foot still in pain. Besides, I knew that Natalie would eventually crack and stop to wait for me, her bad moods never lasted.

I checked my watch. It was 3 o'clock; Emma was meeting us at four at Nat's apartment to get ready.

We were going out with Robbie, Lee and their friend James who I'd met once or twice, to a club - it was Halloween after all.

Sadly that meant needing a costume.

I'd never been good at thinking of cool, creative ideas for costumes; which for an art student was pretty pathetic.

Five minutes later, I hobbled over to Natalie, who was sitting on a bench waiting for me. I grinned, she was so predictable.

She smiled sheepishly at me when I slumped down beside her, "sorry, I'm coming down with a case of Dramaqueenitis today."

"And every other day" I laughed, "it's okay, but you know we shouldn't have left it this late."

She sighed, 'I just didn't think we'd be so busy. I thought we'd have plenty of time."

"Yeah, it's only the end of October in our first year of college and we're already swamped" I sighed. Unfortunately it was true.

"Oh crap! It's almost half three, we should get going!" Natalie jumped up from the bench, turning to help me up.

She looked slyly at me out of the corner of her eye; "Sooo...Lee's going tonight."

"Yeah, so?" I sighed inwardly, I knew where this was going but I knew she wouldn't let me change the subject, so I might as well get it over with.

"So? He likes you." 

I rolled my eyes, "your point?"

She glared at me, "well, do you like him?"

I hesitated, did I like him? We got on really well, he could always make me smile...and we had spent a lot of time together in the last couple of weeks. So why did part of me feel like I was betraying a certain tall, handsome, and frustratingly moody 19 year old? No! I scolded myself, don't think about him.

To say that Nick confused me was the understatement of the frickin' century. Ever since the day he'd left after getting that phone call, he'd been different...no, not different, I corrected myself, he'd been acting more like he had when we first met.

We hadn't fought or anything, but we didn't talk much and I'd gotten up countless times in the past couple of weeks to find him passed out on the couch or there'd be some skanky blonde wandering around the apartment in one of his shirts. He obviously had a thing for blondes...natural or otherwise, it didn't seem to matter much to him. I couldn't help the jealousy that flared up inside me.

I felt an elbow nudge my side. "You done daydreaming yet?"

It took me a minute to remember what Natalie was talking about. Oh yeah, Lee.

I took a deep breath, "I suppose I do like him."

She squealed.

"But please don't say anything" I begged.

"You two are so going to get together tonight, woo!" She started skipping down the street singing at the top of her voice; "Shannon and Lee, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-NG..."

I ducked my head, blushing furiously as people turned to stare. I hurried after her as fast as my sore foot would allow.

We finally made it back to Natalie's apartment. I was still a couple of shades redder than usual. Nat had finally stopped singing but had continued to dance around me squealing for most of the journey home, drawing a lot of - unwanted - attention to us.

As we walked through the door of apartment number 4, we were met by a tall girl with long black hair. She was pretty with a willowy figure.

"Hello" she said dreamily. She was wearing a white peasant style shirt with a long flowery skirt and brown leather sandals, despite the not exactly hot weather.

I grinned at Nat who was in the midst of rolling her eyes. "Hey Delilah" I smiled.

Delilah was Natalie's roommate. She was in her third year and was a bit of a hippy. She was actually really nice; when you could get her to pay attention....she was mostly off in her own little world. Not that I could talk of course. 

I dumped my things in Natalie's room. Her apartment was almost as familiar to me as my own. It was the same layout as mine except it was a lot more girly.

As I was thinking about how Nick would react if I put pink fluffy pillows on our couch like Nat had on hers, there was a knock at the door. I changed direction to go answer the door instead of following Natalie's voice to the kitchen.

I had a sneaking suspicion that the song she was quietly singing to herself was the same one that had caused me to turn a becoming (I wish) shade of crimson on the street. Ignoring it, I opened the door to let Emma in.

We both made our way slowly to the kitchen, stopping only to let her drop her bags on the couch as we chatted about our day so far and about our costumes. Natalie burst out before we made it to the kitchen, pouncing on Emma, telling her about our day shopping and how we couldn't find any good costumes etc...etc... despite the fact that I'd just told her.

She started talking faster and faster until her words became almost unintelligible. Emma just threw me an exasperated look, making me smile; I'd been in her position before.

She, like me, wasn't very creative when it came to costumes and didn't really care which was why she was going as a devil tonight.

When she informed Natalie, a look of horror crossed her face, "we're going to be the most boring people there" she wailed, a pout beginning to form.

"Well maybe the guys will surprise us all and have great costumes" I supplied half-heartedly. I was pulling at straws and I knew it. The last thing we needed though was for Natalie to get in a mood over something as small as Halloween costumes.

Her face brightened almost immediately, "of course, good thinking Shan!" She clapped her hands together, "now, shall we make ourselves beautiful?"

She struck a pose and we all burst out laughing. Tonight would be good, I could feel it.

It took us six hours in total to get ready in the end because we kept getting side-tracked. Emma had reminded us that we needed to have dinner before getting ready and we'd spent too long making a salad, only to throw it at each other. It had taken ages to clean up all of our missiles off the floor before we finally decided to make pasta. We'd then messed while eating our food...overall it had taken a long time.

Finally though, everything was ready - It was 10 o'clock.

The three of us were posing for pictures when there was a knock on the door. I went to open it and smirked when I saw Lee, James and Robbie standing on the doorstep staring at me with their mouths agape. Their jaws dropped even further when Nat and Em came up behind me.

"Well hello boys" Natalie giggled.

We'd cracked open a couple of bottles of wine - another reason why getting ready had taken so long - and we were a little tipsy.

"You know you guys are drooling right?" I smirked and they quickly shut their mouths as we stood back to let them in.

They were dressed as The Three Musketeers, wigs and all.

"You girls ready to go?" Robbie asked.

"Just a minute!" we chorused.

I grabbed the things I would need - the rest I was leaving in Natalie's room and I'd collect it all when I managed to pull myself out of bed tomorrow.

I was replying to a message from one of my friends back home when I felt someone come up behind me,

"You look amazing" Lee whispered in my ear.

I looked down at myself. Natalie and I were wearing the exact same outfit; matching French maid costumes a.k.a. very short and very slutty. No wonder he liked it, I thought dryly. 

I turned around; "thanks" I said softly, "you look very..." I tried to think of the right word; "handsome?"

He chuckled, "ta, ever so!"

I glanced over his shoulder to see Natalie watching us. When she saw me looking she winked and raised her glass to me, knocking back the rest of her wine. I did the same, smiling slightly before returning my attention to Lee. He did look good.

I smiled at him, "we should go."

He nodded, turning and bowing, gesturing for me to go first, "after you m' lady."

"Why thank you" I said graciously, strutting towards the door, "though a lady I am not" I said over my shoulder, gesturing to my outfit.

He caught up with me and put his arm tightly around my waist as we headed out the door.

I suddenly felt warm and I didn't know if it was because of the alcohol or Lee's arm wrapped around me, holding on as if he'd never let go.

***************************************************************

Ok so this chapter's just a filler...but it's all leading up to chapter 15!

Please let me know what you think of some of the characters?

I'd be interested to know...Anyway enjoy!

Kaz xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 6K 53
She's the girl that I want to spend my life with. She's the one who's making me damn crazy. She's Darlene Michelle Miranda.
245K 14.4K 36
Someone by the name of 'Anonymous' left a letter for Rosalyn Mane. Slowly, but surely, Rosalyn falls in love with this mysterious figure. When she fi...
599K 19.9K 32
Four years. Four years ago, he left her. And now he's back, showing up at her bookstore, asking for a second chance. Oh, and for his book to be sold...
14K 418 43
Avalon West isn't your average teenager, she avoids all girly stuff while her twin sister loves it. Avalon loves sports and boyish clothing line, so...