A Royal Romance

Bởi Tether4

----- All comments, good or bad, are welcomed ----- Lady Elisabeth Ashton, the daughter of the Duke and Duche... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1 Lady Elisabeth Ashton
Chapter 2 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 3 Lady Elisabeth Ashton
Chapter 4 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 5 Lady Elisabeth Ashton
Chapter 6 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 7 Lady Elisabeth
Chapter 8 Lord Brandon
Chapter 9 Lady Elisabeth Ashton
Chapter 11 Lady Elisabeth Ashton
Chapter 12 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 13 Lillian
Chapter 14 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 15 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 16 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 17 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 18 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 19 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 20 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 21 Lord William Ashton
Chapter 22 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 23 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 24 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 25 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 26 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 27 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 28 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 29 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 30 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 31 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 32 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 33 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 34 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 35 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 36 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 37 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 38 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 39 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 40 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 41 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 42 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 43 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 44 Lady Elisabeth Brandon
Chapter 45 Lord Richard Brandon
Chapter 46 Queen Elisabeth
Chapter 47 King Richard
Chapter 48 Queen Elisabeth
Chapter 49 King Richard
Chapter 50 King William

Chapter 10 Lord Richard Brandon

1.2K 34 0
Bởi Tether4

The ride to the Carrington manor was harder than I had expected. Though a three hour coach ride with good commodities is easily done, with little sleep and much drinking, I could not wait for the trip to end. A queasy feeling in my stomach and a headache were my two sole companions throughout the whole ride.

Finally after four hours, we had to stop several times so that my stomach could be relieved, we arrived at Carrington Park. I ventured to look out the window and saw behind Lord & Lady Durham my wife to be... Elisabeth. She is as beautiful as I had remembered. One more week and I will be able to take her home.

Seeing her look shyly my way all I wanted to do is run to her bring her into my arms and kiss those inviting lips, but I knew better than to do so. I respectfully greeted her parents and walked directly to her. Took her hand into my brought it to my heart and cupped her face. God those lips what I would give to feel them. Then I saw her bruised cheek. If I could rip her mother's dead heart and show it to her I would, but it will do no good all I will do is soil my hands and waste my time.

For the next two hours I visited the manor and Elisabeth was my guide. We saw each room even her own, after requesting it of her. There I saw yet another example of the kind of relationship this beautiful woman had with her mother. The more I got to know them the more I loved one and hated the other.

After the evening meal I took her to her chambers and I could not help, but to lean down and kiss her lips. The more I kissed her the more her lips were inviting. Then after sometime she was kissed me back. She pulled me into her when I tried to pull away. I wrapped my hands around her waist bringing her closer to me while she wrapped her arms around my neck and her hands played with my hair. I acted on her demand, she had all the control. If she wished for it to stop she had better requested now. I do not know how much more I could take. Seeing that she was not yet ready to stop and my discomfort growing between my legs I had to pull away from her. Her eyes were filled with lust and we were both out of breath. Before I knew it she curtsied, turned and walked into her chambers. This was the second time she had run away from me. What had frightened her? Damn this. I said to myself and opening her door and walked in. I found her in the arms of Lillian.

Lilian upon seeing me whispered to her and before leaving she curtsied towards me. She had her back to me. I walked up from behind her and gently turned her to face me.

"You must stop running from me Elisabeth. I have told you once before that you should not fear me and that you may speak to me freely. May I ask what is wrong? Have I done something to disturb you?"

I could see that she was having trouble looking at me and finding the right words to say to me. Then I heard her voice say to me, "When you pulled away from me I thought I had done something wrong and then I saw behind you my mother looking at us. I felt so ashamed, please do not leave me...I...promise I will behave better, but please..."

I could not let her continue and I took her in my arms and kissed her deeply. She moaned lightly into my mouth as I teased her lips with my tongue. She finally parted her lips and let me in. I felt her body relax in my arms and somehow I found all my strength to pull away from her. "You have done nothing wrong. We have done nothing wrong. I quite enjoyed you taking the initiative and hope that in the future you will do so as often as you like. As for your mother, she should not be spying on us. We are to wed and if we decide to have some time together that is our problem. In a week you and I will be one and no matter what she says or does will make me change my mind. What in god's name made you think that I would ever leave you? I vow to you right here right now: I will be by your side through my dying breath, there's not a thing I would do for you. As long as I live you will not know a day of heartache, this I promise you. Do you understand now?"

Her tears fled her eyes, but the sadness flew with them and I was able to see something new. And I was mesmerized by the intensity they showed me. Then with a small smile she nodded. When I thought she was calm and serene I left her rooms. I walked back to mine and luckily Winthrop had left a small glass of wine on the table near the chair where she sat earlier. I took the warm liquid to my lips and let it lightly go down my throat. It did not take me long to slip into my bed.

The next morning I met her in her rooms and ministered the ointment on her lovely face, but I found a new cut on her lip. I said nothing? I knew very well where it came from and I saw no point in disturbing her more than she already was. I just hope I will never see her place a hand on Elisabeth in my presence.

We went ridding and she started out ridding side saddle on Millie, but in the middle of the park a man approached us, she dismounted and ran to him with a big smile, through her arms around him and kissed him on the cheek. I did not wait long and jumped off my own horse walking quickly to them when she turned towards me and said, "My Lord, let me have the honor of introducing to you my brother William. William this is Lord Richard Brandon, my husband to be."

A feeling of relief invaded me I was ready to rip this man's head, but now knowing that he was Elisabeth' brother it made me feel like a foolish jealous boy. I shook his hand and we talked together for some time. It took me not long to know why he was her favorite and how much we were alike. Like me he said little but when he needed to be heard he was.

"You do us an honor My Lord in choosing our dear girl for wife. She is an extraordinary woman. I imagine she has mentioned to you that she is an avid horsewoman?" I nodded. "Good and what about her sword playing, have you had the chance to bout against her?"

"I have not had the honor, but your father did mentioned that she made your older brother fall to his knees."

"Yes he did and Henry was the best out of all of us. He always believed that no matter our sex we should learn the art of a sword fighting. It was an amazing bout to see. Elisabeth with her tiny disposition flew through his attacks and she would counterattack with this powerful femininity that only she could possess. Then he caught him off guard and took the sword in both hands and attacked him giving all her strength until he fell to his knees. We were all surprised at how this little creature could be as powerful as our brother. Better than our brother.

"Each week we would take turns against her but she beat every one of us at the exception of George. While we were all attacking her he watched and he studied her skills and found her fault... her gown. When it was his turn in one single move he put her on the ground. The next day she wanted her revenge and when George agreed, she surprised us all when she came wearing men's clothing and as she was able to beat George. She was but 14 years old at the time.

"Since Henry's death we have not had the chance to fight like that, but we still practice."

All too soon we were heading back to the manor and halfway there we retrieved Millie. Luckily the exchanged was done outside of the domain for when reaching the stables Lady Durham was waiting for us.

"My Lord, I hope you Elisabeth has been a very effective hostess to you?"

"She has Lady Durham. Since my arrival Lady Ashton has made me quite at home. She has been the perfect hostess, thank you for your concern, but as long as I have her by my side I cannot find better company. If you will excuses us it is almost time for this evenings meal and I believe we would both would like to freshen up."

We left her mother gapping at us and as we walked away I was still holding Elisabeth by her waist.

"You sir are cruel towards her." She said with some little humor in her voice.

"I am not cruel, Elisabeth I am only given her what she has given you, nothing more nothing less."

We were disturbed by one of the manor's servants that announced the arrival of my parents. Though they had arrived earlier than expected I was very glad to see them none the less. With their presence the time left before my wedding might be easier. I know mother would make sure Lady Durham would not interfere with my relationship with Elisabeth.

We had not yet arrived at the main door that my parents walked through. Immediately my mother wrapped her arms around me and I gently leaned in to her giving her a kiss on the cheek. When we parted my father came forward and greeted me as he has always done by wrapping his arms around me.

"It is good to see you Richard. You are looking well sweetheart."

"I am glad you are here mother, both of you." I gestured them forward though the hall.

"Lord and Lady Stafford!" Elisabeth curtsied and continued, "How good to have you here with us. Please excuse me for not greeting you upon your arrival, but hearing of your company, I notified our staff to get your rooms ready for you."

My father stepped forward and bowing he took Elisabeth's hand in his bestowing a kiss on the back of it. "Ah My Lady Ashton it is an honor to be here in your presence. It is so kind of you to think of us so quickly. You will be a great mistress to our home."

She smiled gently up at him and sweetly blushed, "I hope I will do your family and home honor. If you would be so kind as to follow me I will take you to the main hall where refreshments are awaiting for you."

We had walked but two steps when in came Lord and Lady Durham with the latter screeching her welcome to my parents. She pushed Elisabeth to the side and did not even address an apology. Lady Durham found nothing better than to criticize her daughter for not informing them of Lord and Lady Stafford's arrival.

She took Elisabeth by the elbow and whispered harshly in to her ear thinking no one could hear, but seeing my parents' wide eyes I knew they heard the same words as I had.

"I imagine that you forgot to order refreshments four our guest. I sometimes wonder what made his Lordship seek you out above all the others."

Elisabeth said nothing and I was just about to say something when my mother stepped in, slid her arm through Elisabeth's and said looking at Lady Durham, "You are mistaken My Lady your daughter has been a very gracious hostess and we could not be more proud to have her as our future daughter. Come dearest show me the way for I am of need to of some substance before we are taken to our rooms." Throwing a look over her shoulder, my mother said to Lady Durham, "And no need to say a word your Ladyship I believe Elisabeth has done her duty and has made sure our rooms were readied."

I smiled at my mother and she winked back at me. For the rest of the after we sat around the fire and comfortably amongst ourselves in my parents chambers. Before taking myself to my own room I walked towards Elisabeth's rooms and spread the ointment on her cheek.

"I would like to apologize for my mother's actions and words."

Looking at her directly into her eyes I said that there was no need to apologize and if there were a person that need to was, Lady Durham. She explained that it would not come to pass, for her mother felt was never wrong.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

5.1K 130 8
𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓶𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓯𝓾𝓬𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓵𝓮𝓰𝓪𝓬𝔂 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓰...
110K 2.6K 56
Fortune favors the brave or incredibly reckless. Charles Brandon, the Duke of Suffolk, a man of impulsive nature takes a risk on a woman of cautious...
17.2K 460 18
EDITING THE NOVEL, MAY 2023 - Everything will be back up soon! ------------- He stops touching me and quietly watches my stern face before speaking...
102K 3.1K 54
ATTENTION: this story will be removed soon from wattpad! 19 years old Brandon is the heir to the kingdom after his father. His crush for Alexandra r...